The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who should be the next TNA champ?

3 posters

Go down

Who should be the next TNA champ? Empty Who should be the next TNA champ?

Post by Adam D Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 10:14

http://v2wrestling.com/5/post/2014/12/v2-wrestling-podcast-whose-next.html

Welcome back to another edition of the v2 Wrestling podcast and welcome to all of our listeners on TNAsylum.com and 606v2.com

This week the team is made up of your host Adam, along with regulars Chris, Gavin and Richard who come together for a TNA only special. 

In a change from the usual proceedings, we focus solely on TNA this week, with a look at the world championship, currently held by Bobby Roode.

Our question of the week is simple - who should be the next holder of the belt, and how & when should they take it off Bobby?

Do you agree with the suggestions suggested by the team, who offer up Magnus, Aries and Lashley as the next go to guys?

If you want to answer our question of the week, please email us at wrestling@v2journal.com or contact us through twitter or facebook and please make sure to submit any questions you would like us to discuss!

To listen to the show scroll below or download from iTunes here (click)

If you have problem listening to the show on the v2Journal, you can listen directly to the show on http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-12-02T13_59_27-08_00

Interview with Gail Kim
Interview with Bram
Interview with Doug Williams
Interview with Rob Terry
Interview with Chris Daniels 
Hulk Hogan retrospective
Interview with TJ Perkins/ Manik
Interview with MVP
Interview with Snitsky
Interview with Austin Aries
Interview with Lex Luger
The latest v2 Wrestling Podcast

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Who should be the next TNA champ? Empty Re: Who should be the next TNA champ?

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 15:00

Well, champs tend to go heel, face, heel, face...

If (when) Roode loses the belt, it will probably be to EC3. I just feel his time is right around the corner.

Both Magnus and Aries have had fairly recent runs and Lashley was the last champ, so I don't see the belt going back to him. Think it has to be someone new, or who hasn't held it for a good while.

Obviously is should happen whenever the next PPV is, in a main event match...though it probably won't.

I think EC3 should initially win dirty, thus necessitating a quick rematch, which he should win cleanly, (possibly while showing intent to resort to more underhand tactics) giving him more legitimacy.

This would showcase both his nasty side and his wrestling ability.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 15:04

EC3 is injured for the next 6 weeks at least which will most probably keep him out of the NY tapings and therefore off screen until the end of Jan for the UK tapings.

Still gives time but he has to finish his feud with Spud first which means its unlikely to be him so quickly. I absolutely think he will be champ by the end of next year at some point and he was the fourth nomination on the podcast.

I still think the cross over appeal for Lashley is something they should revisit now they know they can afford him for a little longer.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 15:20

Or they could let Roode keep the belt nearly long enough to break his old record... Wink

Maybe Lashley has crossover appeal but I don't really rate him.

I'm not into MMA. He doesn't have much of a personality (at least he never says much) and last but not least I'm not in favour of huge guys who can just physically dominate opponents with their size. He basically just throws people around and spears them.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 17:25

I think it should be EC3. New network, new champ. Think Dyrewolfe has it right, win it dirty, defend it clean. Gives both heat and legitimacy at the same time.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down