The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is the best up and coming player in the WTA tour?

+2
kingraf
It Must Be Love
6 posters

Go down

Who is the best up and coming player in the WTA tour? Empty Who is the best up and coming player in the WTA tour?

Post by It Must Be Love Wed 03 Dec 2014, 1:43 pm

In 2014 we saw a few younger WTA players coming through and playing well.

Who do you feel has the most potential to dominate for the next generation ?

Halep has looked good in parts, as has Bouchard. Robson and Watson have both had injury problems in the last couple of years, will they push on ?

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Who is the best up and coming player in the WTA tour? Empty Re: Who is the best up and coming player in the WTA tour?

Post by kingraf Wed 03 Dec 2014, 1:57 pm

I suppose Bencic is the one to look to the most. Them damn Suisse. They had nothing twenty years ago, now they've won 23 singles slams in the last 20 years (Federer may have done the heavy lifting).
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Who is the best up and coming player in the WTA tour? Empty Re: Who is the best up and coming player in the WTA tour?

Post by laverfan Wed 03 Dec 2014, 2:12 pm

I do not see much GBR hopes, but Stephens, Garcia, Bouchard, Keys, Bencic (good call KR - been watching her of almost two years), Townsend, Bellis (a bit of US overdose though), Barty are good upcoming players.

McHale had a lot of promise (like Oudin, Robson) but has withered away on the vine. Sad

If Robson can pick herself up, she has the most GBR potential.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wed 03 Dec 2014, 4:06 pm

If Halep counts, my vote goes to her - excellent player. Enough variety to mix it up when she needs to, but otherwise a great mover and plenty of power off both wings.

Otherwise, it'll be interesting to see how Keys and Stephens get on in particular. I need to watch more WTA matches chin

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Wed 03 Dec 2014, 4:42 pm

Silver wrote:If Halep counts, my vote goes to her - excellent player. Enough variety to mix it up when she needs to, but otherwise a great mover and plenty of power off both wings.
Totally agree with you there Silver thumbsup
In fact I have become more of a fan of Halep in the past few years. She was on BT Sport a lot so I saw her before she hit the big time, and I always thought she had a great game and big hitting off both wings.

For Britain's sake, I hope either Robson or Watson live up to the hype.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by ListenUp Wed 03 Dec 2014, 8:58 pm

I think Christina McHale's slump was due to injury, so maybe she'll have a chance for some sort of resurgence.

A young player I saw at Wimbledon this year who impressed me was Ana Konjuh. She's not yet 17 but has had a year on the WTA tour already after winning two junior Slams in 2013 aged 15.

I'll be interested to see if the wonderfully named (Tornado Ali & Hurricane Tyra) Black sisters live up to the hype (the next Willimas sisters???) a few years down the line.

ListenUp

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectView2 Thu 04 Dec 2014, 5:57 pm

Bouchard is the only consistent one among all listed and she does look real deal.

DirectView2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down