The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pascal/Bolonti spoiler

+3
ONETWOFOREVER
TheMarvelousOne
John Bloody Wayne
7 posters

Go down

Pascal/Bolonti spoiler Empty Pascal/Bolonti spoiler

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:10 am

So that was weird. I thought Pascal looked good for the 1 and a half rounds it lasted.

In a clinch, ref says seperate, Pascal slaps him on the chin with a shot that didn't look like it would hurt my mum. Bolonti collapses to the ground in a heap, stays there for several minutes as if he cannot lift his head without assistance. Bolonti is being given oxygen and is being stretchered off?? At first I thought he was faking his way out as Pascal was landing some nasty body shots, but if he's still faking it then this is some serious method acting. Very strange. Hope Bolonti's ok.

Awaiting official result.

"European, fvckin, soccer fvckin dive! Come over here tryin to win on disqualification!" says some guy in Pascal's corner.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Pascal/Bolonti spoiler Empty Re: Pascal/Bolonti spoiler

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:12 am

Bunce pointing out the docs checked his eyes and saw no reason to carry on examining him, seems certain Bolonti's faking it. If so he's showing embarrassing dedication. Suarez would be proud of this dive.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:14 am

No contest on unintentional foul. Pascal technically did hit him after the ref shouted break, but it was a slap in response to Bolonti rabbit punching more than a punch.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMarvelousOne Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:17 am

As Barry Jones said it seemed unnatural how his head flipped back after the punch and it appeared he threw himself on the floor. Disgusting if he did fake it.

TheMarvelousOne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:19 am

Hahaha the hospital scene will be farcical! He's in way too deep to just say "aw you know what I feel alright now, bye"

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 08 Dec 2014, 1:19 am

This fight was supposed to be the tune up for Pascal to face Korolev.

Haha

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 08 Dec 2014, 10:17 am

Watched replays, looks an absolute joke of a dive. RJJ called it so also.

Chump doesn't deserve any more paydays after that shambles.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 08 Dec 2014, 12:33 pm

No doubt in my mind he took a dive. What a joke, maybe he thought he'd get a DQ win and get Korolev?

This will stick with him forever.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 08 Dec 2014, 12:43 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:No doubt in my mind he took a dive. What a joke, maybe he thought he'd get a DQ win and get Korolev?

This will stick with him forever.

That's what RJJ was suggesting.

Not that he'd taken a 1950's style mafioso dive, but more that he tried to con the ref into a DQ. Maybe still smarting from Griffin 1 lol.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 08 Dec 2014, 1:20 pm

Ha ha, yeah Griffin's exploits that night were shameful too.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 08 Dec 2014, 1:35 pm

Yeh, that's why Griffin 2 is one of my favourite fights Smile

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 08 Dec 2014, 2:18 pm

To be fair to Griffin, he was clobbered while clearly down with two weighty, if not massive shots - and Jones had ample time to check himself before letting those shots go. I think Griffin did ham it up a little, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't still a bad foul by Jones and in my view he can't have any complaints about the DQ. Griffin also gave Jones an instant rematch which he didn't necessarily have to do, as there hadn't been a rematch clause in the contract for the first fight. People's dissatisfaction with Griffin's perceived acting and fishing for the DQ also shouldn't detract from the fact that he'd been giving Jones a seriously hard fight beforehand, either - in my opinion, Jones just got a bit too excited at the thought of avoiding a potential crisis and knew he had Griffin bang in trouble in round nine, and that over-eagerness got the better of him.

But yeah, I do love Roy's performance in their return bout....All two minutes of it. A scary example of what he was capable of when he fancied an early night and felt like he had a point to prove.

Good fighter, Montell, but have to add that his post-fight interview once Jones had splattered him was one long, constant stream of, "I'm not making excuses, but...."
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 08 Dec 2014, 3:15 pm

Fair assessment Chris, as always, I guess I was looking at it through 'fanboy' eyes slightly and have always felt a little like we/RJJ were/was 'cheated' out of a win in the first fight (entirely guesswork, but I envisaged Roy getting him out of there either in the 9th or one of the following rounds).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 08 Dec 2014, 3:25 pm

Nah, I wouldn't call it a fan boy view, because as I said I do agree that Griffin definitely acted it up a bit with the foul, and I also agree that Jones was very probably about to end the fight in that round had Griffin been given the mandatory eight and then been allowed to continue. I just think that, by the letter of the law, it was a poor foul by Jones and if it had been a lesser-known fighter there wouldn't have been as much controversy. I thought the DQ was fair enough, but that the overall result of the fight was still unsatisfactory in a way, if that makes any sense!

Still, we got to see a nasty, spiteful version of Jones with none of his usual playing around for one night only as a result of that fight, so it ain't all bad. Just wish Roy had taken that same kind of attitude over to Germany with him to get the Michalczewski monkey off his back around the same time. Maybe knowing that he couldn't leave even the slightest thing to chance over there after the Dariusz-Rocchigiani farce might have been enough to put him in a similar mindset.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 08 Dec 2014, 7:49 pm

Really weird fight the second griffin jones fight, especially when compared to the first. Roy couldn't miss with the lead left hook, but the knock out was bizarre. Griffin leant back from the anticipated punch as far as he could, but he wasn't actually out of range. A complete free hit.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down