The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Phoenix From The Flames?

+11
Coxy001
Adam D
Derbymanc
Herman Jaeger
ShahenshahG
wheelchair1991
88Chris05
Strongback
TRUSSMAN66
Hammersmith harrier
hazharrison
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Best Phoenix From The Flames? Empty Best Phoenix From The Flames?

Post by hazharrison Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:08 pm

Remember that scene from Terminator where Arnie gets blasted through the window of a club and but after a only a brief few seconds of lying prone slowly rises to his feet to resume his pursuit of SARAH CONNOR?!!

What is the best resurrection moment in boxing history? Archie Moore being repeatedly knocked out by Yvonne Durrelle, only to keep coming back like the bogeyman? Larry Holmes after being blasted by Ernie Shavers? Juan Manuel Marquez against Katsidis? Bruce Seldon against Jose Ribalta?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Best Phoenix From The Flames? Empty Re: Best Phoenix From The Flames?

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:34 pm

Gumshield or not it's got be Corrales against Castillo.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:47 pm

Good thread..

I'll go Lamotta -Dauthville ...Battered and outboxed for 14....He made a massive rally and kept his Middle crown with less than 20 seconds left..

Always like so called trialhorse Prince Charles Williams upset over Chyz after being decked and slapped early..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:49 pm

Another personal favourite of mine is Castro against Jackson, looked like he was about to go and then bang.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:59 pm

Good call...Talk about losing the lottery..

Weaver - Tate was more competitive but still a lottery win.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:30 pm

The fight we were talking about the other night Naz v Kelley. Hamed lost every round and had been down and then pulled out one punch to end it.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:43 pm

Having already dropped Kelley twice in the fight.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:45 pm

Bernard Dunne v Cordoba. Epic battle with 6 knock downs and the fight could have gone either way.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:50 pm

Strongback wrote:The fight we were talking about the other night Naz v Kelley.  Hamed lost every round and had been down and then pulled out one punch to end it.

WTF!!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:54 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Having already dropped Kelley twice in the fight.

Hamed was losing the fight until he landed the final big punch in the 4th. Kelley had jabbed his head off and landed good left hands.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:55 pm

He was a round down at the worst and it was the fourth round and was hardly a shock when he produced that punch, Kelley had already been down heavily twice so the signs were there.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:56 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:The fight we were talking about the other night Naz v Kelley.  Hamed lost every round and had been down and then pulled out one punch to end it.

WTF!!!!!

Are you saying Hamed was not comprehensively losing the fight. I rewatched it a few nights ago.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:58 pm

The first round was Kelley's, the second round was Hamed's, the third could have gone either way and the fourth was Hamed's before that final punch even landed. He was by no means comprehensively losing that fight, Kelley was down hard three times whereas Hamed was down hard once in the first.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:01 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:He was a round down at the worst and it was the fourth round and was hardly a shock when he produced that punch, Kelley had already been down heavily twice so the signs were there.

So you can't give me the exact judges scorecards. Did the google box fail you.

I'll leave you to it.

BTW I've just googled best fight comeback for the fun of it and guess what came up first? Corales v Castillo. You're a fraud.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:03 pm

You have completely lost the plot.

You can check my post history if you want Strongy, it's my favourite fight.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:06 pm

You are a complete psycho.

Following people around on a boxing site checking everything they say against Google. I'm guessing you have a medical condition.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:08 pm

It wasn't a shellacking or one-way traffic of course, but Kelley was clearly ahead before that last round - but that was only three rounds in. Obviously he gets a 10-8 in the first, they were both down in the second but I felt that Kelley had the better of it outside of the knockdowns, and for me Kelley was on top in the third as well, landing the jab with regularity and even looking like he buckled Hamed's knees again at one stage.

But it was too early in the fight to say that Hamed was getting dominated or that it looked as if it was slipping away from him badly. Kelley was boxing better overall, but Hamed's power was clearly going to be a huge factor in shoring that up. Being two or three points down after three rounds isn't a cause for huge alarm when the ebb and flow of the fight was as it was in that bout.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:09 pm

You've lost me.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:19 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:You've lost me.

What I am saying is I'm fairly certain you have OCD or a similar medical condition. Arguing with somebody who has OCD is the equivalent of smashing ones head against a concrete wall. I have no interest in doing this.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:25 pm

You're a psychiatrist now, you're a man of many talents, I will assume the irony of your last posts were unintentional.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:29 pm

Strongback, you've taken the first pop here without being provoked - just no need for it. Don't want to lock threads or owt like that, so do me a favour please mate and lay off all that stuff.

Anyway, back on topic. I offer this one up whenever these kind of miraculous comebacks get debated, but Soo-Hwan Hong's comeback to beat Hector Carrasquilla in the WBA's inaugural Super-Bantamweight title contest really does take some beating. Hong gets decked four times in the second round, roars back to knock Carrasquilla out in the third. Insane comeback.

Not quite as devastatingly one-sided as the eternal favourite Castro-Jackson, but Ray Mercer against Francisco Damiani was a pretty incredible one-punch turnaround. Damiani absolutely dominates Mercer in that for eight and a half rounds, getting a mile ahead on points, and then with one uppercut out of nowhere Mercer shatters his nose and puts him down for the count. He was nowhere in that fight before that shot!

To be honest, I thought Coyle's comeback in round eleven (albeing the stoppage in the next round was a bit whiffy and an unfortunate end to a monumental fight) against Brizuela earlier this year was truly remarkable as well. I thought it was all over when he crumpled to the canvas again with those body shots....So when get beat the count and then with his very first punch after doing so decked Brizuela, I was going mental. What a fight that was.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:40 pm

Fair enough Chris, it may not be clear but he deliberately follows me around trying to find fault in my posts and it is a bit of a tiresome. He does it with quite a few posters and I actually think he deliberately start arguments. I also believe that he is not fully aware of what he is doing as he suffers with an OCD type illness, that is patently clear to anybody has seen this illness before.

I'm done on this thread.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:44 pm

You must have quite the mind to be able to make a mental diagnosis over an online forum, I posted on the thread, you made a poor choice and I pointed out how ridiculous it was, not exactly stalking you around. Do carry on with your Hearn obsession though.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:13 am

This site gets more strange every day

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:20 am

Are you saying you do not have an OCD type illness?

It is blatantly clear to me that you do. I am watching your behavioural traits. Replace constantly washing ones hands with constantly googling. Not being able to let things go and obsessively trying to find fault with other poster to get some type of satisfaction. I've seen it all before.

I thought Kelley was winning the fight handily and Hamed pulled out a big punch. Hamed was put on his arse in the 1st round.

It might not meet you requirements but it is hardly a ridiculous fight to chose. I could have googled a few fights like you but I called up a fight that was fresh in my memory. It was a crazy fight at the time watching it live and few fights have 6 knock downs in 4 rounds.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:36 am

Strongy leave it off its getting stupid this is a forum ffs

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:38 am

So you are basically saying you're a fully qualified psychiatrist now then?

You live in a fantasy world, concentrate more on your own problems instead of trying to diagnose others on an online forum, it's fairly disconcerting having somebody such as yourself acting like nothing short of a tool.

The issue you have Strongy is that you don't know enough and instantly feel threatened the moment somebody pulls you up on your BS. Pointing out I watched Hamed fight Johnson on Box Office in your head equates to googling because you yourself did not watch the fight and need to divert away from your ineptitude.

I could try to diagnose you online but i'm not that pathetic, i'll just call you the idiot that you are instead.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:44 am

He might have OCD but you're on a para one, he just posted before I could and i imagine his response to anyone else portraying that fight as one sided as you would have been the same.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:52 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:So you are basically saying you're a fully qualified psychiatrist now then?

You live in a fantasy world, concentrate more on your own problems instead of trying to diagnose others on an online forum, it's fairly disconcerting having somebody such as yourself acting like nothing short of a tool.

The issue you have Strongy is that you don't know enough and instantly feel threatened the moment somebody pulls you up on your BS. Pointing out I watched Hamed fight Johnson on Box Office in your head equates to googling because you yourself did not watch the fight and need to divert away from your ineptitude.

I could try to diagnose you online but i'm not that pathetic, i'll just call you the idiot that you are instead.

I don't need to be a psychiatrist, it's as plain as the nose on your face what you suffer from.

I know enough to know I watched the Naseem fight at the time. I didn't have to google it. You were only a kid at the time so you didn't watch it back then.

As to boxing you know very little. It's clear you don't even know the fundamentals of boxing. You neither learned them in the gym or by watching fights. You can't learn the fundamental on Boxrec.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:53 am

ShahenshahG wrote:He might have OCD but you're on a para one, he just posted before I could and i imagine his response to anyone else portraying that fight as one sided as you would have been the same.

Chris gave his assessment of the fight. Hamed losing every round but remaining dangerous.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:58 am

Strongback wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:He might have OCD but you're on a para one, he just posted before I could and i imagine his response to anyone else portraying that fight as one sided as you would have been the same.

Chris gave his assessment of the fight. Hamed losing every round but remaining dangerous.

Which is a bit different from

also youve glossed over Truss's WTF!!!!!!!!!!! which would probably suffice for HH and myself as a accurate representation of our reaction.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:01 am

Again you've lost me, you can try diverting the attention away from yourself all you want but I think everyone is starting to see if they hadn't already what an idiot you are. You get proved wrong but instead of taking it as a man and admitting your mistake you decide to go on a relentless dare I say it obsessive tirade.

Like I did with most fights back in the 90's I watched it with my father (I could try to suggest he's a multi billionaire whom is on the verge of curing cancer but i'll leave that sort of BS to you). I was in my teens when I was watching Hamed LIVE and weird thing happens with the fights concerning the first boxer you were a fan of, you remember them. Much like I remember watching the Eubank/Benn rematch and the outrage in the pub at the result but do carry on saying i've googled all that because you're just coming across that a petulant little pr1ck who isn't getting his own way.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:08 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Strongback wrote:The fight we were talking about the other night Naz v Kelley. Hamed lost every round and had been down and then pulled out one punch to end it.

also youve glossed over Truss's WTF!!!!!!!!!!! which would probably suffice for HH and myself as a accurate representation of our reaction.

I personally don't know how Hamed could have lost the second round when he was the one who scored a heavy knockdown and how he was fighting a losing battle despite scoring two knockdowns.

Carl Thompson stopping Rothmann would be a good pick also but again i've probably googled that one, it's not as if his resillience is legendary on these shores or anything. He made a career out of storming back in fights he was losing, like against Strongy's best mate David Haye, I only know Haye gassed in that fight because I googled it.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:21 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Again you've lost me, you can try diverting the attention away from yourself all you want but I think everyone is starting to see if they hadn't already what an idiot you are. You get proved wrong but instead of taking it as a man and admitting your mistake you decide to go on a relentless dare I say it obsessive tirade.

Like I did with most fights back in the 90's I watched it with my father (I could try to suggest he's a multi billionaire whom is on the verge of curing cancer but i'll leave that sort of BS to you). I was in my teens when I was watching Hamed LIVE and weird thing happens with the fights concerning the first boxer you were a fan of, you remember them. Much like I remember watching the Eubank/Benn rematch and the outrage in the pub at the result but do carry on saying i've googled all that because you're just coming across that a petulant little pr1ck who isn't getting his own way.

You've been coming on here for years acting the Tinkywinky. How many usernames have you had you've been banned so often. Is that my fault, no it isn't. Your mental illness has got you banned over and over and over again.

Hamed got found out and he didn't have the balls to come back. Watch the Belcastro fight and tell me how you could be a fan of that little weasel. He was and is a piece off sh!t but that doesn't bother you.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:25 am

Strongy you have turned a good thread into a slanging match again this is getting very boring and tiresome

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:26 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
Strongback wrote:

To be honest Shah there is very little difference between the two statements. Maybe you don't like to see Hamed being criticised.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:30 am

wheelchair1991 wrote:Strongy you have turned a good thread into a slanging match again this is getting very boring and tiresome

Truths have to be told Wheelchair. If you don't like it leave it to me and Hammer. He has deliberately set out to try and undermine the posts of several posters on an ongoing basis.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:31 am

Why would I care about Hamed the person and who the hell are you to tell me who I can and can't be a fan of, he produced knock out after knock out so I enjoyed watching his fights.

You carry on being acting like a child all you want but it isn't going to change the fact you were wrong and can't bear the fact I was right, call my memory mental illness all you want but unless you're a qualified psychiatrist i'll ignore you imbecilic opinion on the matter.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:40 am

Strongback wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
Strongback wrote:

To be honest Shah there is very little difference between the two statements.  Maybe you don't like to see Hamed being criticised.

Actually I liked him when I first met him then realised what a Kumquat he was after I met him as an adult, its just that I can separate my antipathy towards him as a man and his ability as a boxer. Chris acknowledged Naz had his moments thought Kelley sneaked the second round which is fair enough (pat on head and gentle cuff around the ear), but none of this is evident in your post.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:24 am

Have only watched the fight once but my feeling at the time was it was a nip and tuck affair and every time Kelley threatened to assert dominance , Naz came back with a bang.

If anyone had Kelley ahead at the time of the stoppage then fair enough , but a one sided fight it most certainly was not, as I recall..

Was the first time Naz was in a fight in which at the time , you felt he had a real chance of losing , but at the same time there was still that feeling he had a bit up his sleeve and could pull it out of the fire which you never got in the Barrera fight.

If you like Naz then you'll love the Kelley fight.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:27 am

Strongback wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Having already dropped Kelley twice in the fight.

Hamed was losing the fight until he landed the final big punch in the 4th. Kelley had jabbed his head off and landed good left hands.

Even i've gotta say that sounds mental Strongy, suppose i'd better mention Khan vs Garcia as well, Garcia was well in trouble for 2 rounds until he figured Khan out and then just waited for the big punch. Very very lucky he managed to hit it as well in the next 2 or he'd hae been done.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:31 am

How about Coyle vs Matthews,

Matthews looked absolutely done until he hit a humdinger.

Also Prince Aarron vs some little geezer a few years ago, can't remember his name but I do remember he looked like they'd brought him in off the streets (I'm sure they actually mentioned he'd slept rough,) but did not stop moving for 11 rounds. Was basically windmilling until he finally ran out of gas. Was gutted for him to be honest as he deserved the win on workrate alone.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:00 am

Strongback wrote:To be honest Shah there is very little difference between the two statements.  Maybe you don't like to see Hamed being criticised.

Not really, Strongy, although maybe I didn't word my points well enough.

You're saying it was a 'Phoenix From the Flames' comeback from Naz - I'm saying that it was a fight he was losing over three rounds, but not to the extent where his 'comeback' (if you can class it as that) was miraculous or totally unexpected. He wasn't getting outclassed or over-powered.

Hey, Trinidad was behind after three rounds to Campas as well, but I wouldn't call that a stunning turn around or out of the blue comeback either. Like Naz-Kelley, it was just a great little shootout in which the bigger hitter naturally came out on top, but not without some problems or shaky moments.

To clarify my point on the second round, I had it even, not to Kelley.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:07 am

This I would suggest was worthy of conclusion although it might fall into Chris' category above:

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:14 am

The thumbnail alone makes that video worthy of inclusion, Adam.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:19 am

As much as he's a joke, and I rewatched the 12th round last night so good to log on and see this thread this morning, Audley Harrison vs Sprott....

12th round, injured right hand and produces one of the biggest hail mary left hooks you could ever witness. It started out over row 5 and unfortunately for Sprott he just decided to throw at that split second. Audley was miles behind on the scorecards and then produced one moment of magic that will go down as the only moment of magic in his professional career.

There's something endearing about Audley as well, just seems like a nice guy.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeBenji Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:37 am

More recently, you could argue that Andy Lee's win over John Jackson was a fairly decent comeback, although it might fall slightly short of a Phoenix from the Flames performance. He was getting his a*se handed to him over 4 and a bit rounds though, only to whip in a murderous right hook. When your hands are raised in victory before your opponent's face hits the floor, you know you've landed a good'un !

CallMeBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:41 am

About the most negative possible way anyone could hope to describe that fight.

Last edited by TopHat24/7 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:43 am

How about Enzo Mac vs Philbin? (although the ref and timekeeper also helped!)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:45 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:

How did he lose every round?

Do you even know how to score boxing..?!

Naz was in no danger of ever losing that fight. I remember laughing profusely that he kept touching down due to being technically woefully inept, but was in doubt that because he was decking Kelley with genuine hurtful punches it was almost a matter of time before he found a big one.

"He's for real" - No he wasn't George

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next