The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

+28
Steffan
munkian
George Carlin
prop_lyd
LordDowlais
Stone Motif
alive555
Dolphin Ziggler
Jhamer25
Coleman
Sgt_Pooly
Biltong
Cardiff Dave
GavinDragon
Allty
wayne
VinceWLB
maestegmafia
profitius
Artful_Dodger
ME-109
Luckless Pedestrian
glamorganalun
dragon999
bedfordwelsh
ScarletSpiderman
The Saint
dragon4life
32 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 9 Empty Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by dragon4life Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

3 in Wales squad that would have been 4 if tyler was fit

Last edited by dragon4life on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

dragon4life

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:36 pm

Griff wrote:Why debate with someone who constantly responds in one word or one line responses? You're very difficult to debate and discuss with, David. It's like talking to a chimp. I'll write a mini essay and you'll come back with something like 'Makes sense' or 'I disagree'. I won't waste my finger tips.

Debate amongst yourselves and leave out the empty rhetoric.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:57 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:Why debate with someone who constantly responds in one word or one line responses? You're very difficult to debate and discuss with, David. It's like talking to a chimp. I'll write a mini essay and you'll come back with something like 'Makes sense' or 'I disagree'. I won't waste my finger tips.

As far as I know the Dragons fans on this thread all attend games, so any debates we have are hardly empty rhetoric: we practice what we preach.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:24 pm

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

As far as I know the Dragons fans on this thread all attend games, so any debates we have are hardly empty rhetoric: we practice what we preach.

What would be best for the Newport based pro team at Rodney Parade is what you should be debating and take everything into consideration while doing so. Plenty of empty rhetoric on this here board with regards to all 4 teams. Tiresome.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:52 pm

And I've suggested what I think should happen. Several times in this thread alone. If you disagree with it, that's fine. But don't call it empty rhetoric because that suggests empty words and not doing anything about the things I suggest. But I am doing something about. I'm attending regional games as a former Newport RFC supporter. I'll go on the road when the Dragons take games around the region. I take people from outside Newport to the games. I promote the regional concept. Where is the empty rhetoric?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:19 pm

Griff wrote:And I've suggested what I think should happen. Several times in this thread alone. If you disagree with it, that's fine. But don't call it empty rhetoric because that suggests empty words and not doing anything about the things I suggest. But I am doing something about. I'm attending regional games as a former Newport RFC supporter. I'll go on the road when the Dragons take games around the region. I take people from outside Newport to the games. I promote the regional concept. Where is the empty rhetoric?

I'm out.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:25 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:And I've suggested what I think should happen. Several times in this thread alone. If you disagree with it, that's fine. But don't call it empty rhetoric because that suggests empty words and not doing anything about the things I suggest. But I am doing something about. I'm attending regional games as a former Newport RFC supporter. I'll go on the road when the Dragons take games around the region. I take people from outside Newport to the games. I promote the regional concept. Where is the empty rhetoric?

I'm out.

Two word response. Surprise, surprise. A valid addition to the debate. Why even log in? Just read the posts instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:33 pm

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

I'm out.

Two word response. Surprise, surprise. A valid addition to the debate. Why even log in? Just read the posts instead.

Start again;

"What would be best for the Newport based pro team at Rodney Parade is what you should be debating and take everything into consideration while doing so."

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:41 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

I'm out.

Start again;

"What would be best for the Newport based pro team at Rodney Parade is what you should be debating and take everything into consideration while doing so."

That's what I have been debating! Read back over then thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:59 pm

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

I'm out.

Start again;

No you haven't. Hardly any debating at all in fact. Only cheerleading from what I can tell.
For starters you've assumed taking games around the pretend reejun is all good without considering what that entails. Why take games away from Rodders? Sponsors? Matchday income? I can say the same, and more, about some of the bloos fans on here.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:03 pm

So if we just ditch the Dragons and return to Newport RFC then that's fine by you, but anything else and it's cheerleading and 'empty rhetoric'. Surely you're just 'cheerleading' for the club game from a bygone era? I get the feeling this would be a pointless debate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:25 pm

picard

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:36 pm

On a positive note good win for the Dragons in Italy.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:44 pm

Yes cracking result. A BP win out there, when we've never won there in the league, is not to be sniffed at. Cracking stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:53 pm

The result gives a chance of pipping the Blues this season they were poor against Ulster, I can't see the Blues winning against the Ospreys.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:58 pm

Unfortunately pipping the Blues means nothing now apart from a bit of kudos and oneupmanship. We'll both be in the Challenge Cup next season. But it will give us some confidence going into the Blues clash.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:10 pm

glamorganalun wrote:The result gives a chance of pipping the Blues this season they were poor against Ulster, I can't see the Blues winning against the Ospreys.

Hope you do actually.
The Arms Park outfit needs a cleansing and I don't mean a simple shake an' vac to put the freshness back.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:34 pm

Haven't seen much coverage apart from Amos' try, which was an absolute belter. That lad is such a great attacking player.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:39 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

I'm out.

Start again;

No you haven't. Hardly any debating at all in fact. Only cheerleading from what I can tell.
For starters you've assumed taking games around the pretend reejun is all good without considering what that entails. Why take games away from Rodders? Sponsors? Matchday income? I can say the same, and more, about some of the bloos fans on here.

Reejun is a childish post. Not worth discussing anything with a childish point like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:42 am

The Saint wrote:Haven't seen much coverage apart from Amos' try, which was an absolute belter. That lad is such a great attacking player.

Shame we have a few morons trying or rather waiting to magnify any mistake he makes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:49 am

Risca Rev wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

I'm out.

Start again;

Reejun is a childish post. Not worth discussing anything with a childish point like that.

You see that on Twitter and it's the stupidest thing. They're not even saving themselves any letters.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:44 pm

No need for that Saint.
I asked a few reasonable questions, that's all.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:51 pm

He's gone for a day

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:53 pm

Saint,

They can stick to their own fan club if they want but no need for them to f*ck off and do it as you said.

I admit its slightly easier for me being on the wrong side of the bridge but whenever I go to watch the Dragons I try and time it so that its a Friday or Sunday game and Ebbw ar home on a Saturday.

That way I can still support the town I was born and bred in and also what I fell is my Region but again each to their won.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:04 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Saint,

They can stick to their own fan club

To add to the craziness, the Arms Park outfit have two of these. For a while, both were taking bookings for away trips to the same game. Bonkers.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:32 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

I'm out.

Start again;

Clearly, that wasn't my point though Risca.
Also, and this isn't aimed at you btw, why do we hear the terms "ultras" or "dinosaurs"? They're supporters as far as i'm concerned who are entitled to have a say if they want and I guess many don't bother on forums or other social media. The fact is that so called regionalism is as divisive and confusing today as it was 12 years ago.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:34 pm

Great try by Amos lads

Just watched the highlights... Great stuff by Ollie Griffiths.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:30 pm

Tumbleweed

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:02 am

Had this convo in the past after I got modded without the other getting modded, but why do mods from other forums come onto the rugby union one and 'moderate'... They haven't got a clue. I was told to f*ck off amongst other profanities on a 6 Nations thread and no action was taken against that poster (the post is still there). Just goes to show, you have to be Welsh to get modded on here, still the same old site which drives all the welsh moderators and posters away. Enjoy your stint while it lasts Beds!

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon4life Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:41 pm

Apparently we've signed nick scott from london welsh

dragon4life

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:56 pm

Is he a fly-half or centre?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon4life Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:16 pm

Wing/centre

dragon4life

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:03 pm

We do need centre cover I guess, as we could get another freak 4 absentees.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon4life Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:55 pm

He would be a decent utility back I guess

dragon4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:52 am

This is seems a great deal by the Dragons in trying to get more people up to Edinburgh next week. I am seriously considering it now.

http://newportgwentdragons.com/News/Article/39429

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:08 am

Risca Rev wrote:This is seems a great deal by the Dragons in trying to get more people up to Edinburgh next week. I am seriously considering it now.

120 quid . all transport from wales and to and from the game, match ticket and marriot included.

absolute steal clap

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:00 am

Marriott in Edinburgh included for that price? You'd be laughing to turn that down. You usually get a room at the Marriott for £180 a night!

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:08 pm

Risca Rev wrote:This is seems a great deal by the Dragons in trying to get more people up to Edinburgh next week. I am seriously considering it now.

Wow! What a deal that is! A semi final too. You'll be watching every movement like a hawk. Enjoy.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:54 pm

Well, I booked to go up but not with the dragons. Always handy to know somebody with a company car Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:00 pm

It's a cracking deal and few family and friends have I believe booked am just gutted I am working but am off for the final Smile
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:50 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Well, I booked to go up but not with the dragons. Always handy to know somebody with a company car Wink

Wouldn't be enough leg room for you on the coach anyway.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:40 am

Be even worse in a car Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:34 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/11-young-newport-gwent-dragons-9039849

Good to see us get some positive press for a change

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:45 pm

Dorian Jones and Benjamin, just no. The rest I agree with though. We've a good blueprint for the future with these young guys.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:05 pm

No Jury is still out on Jones for me. While I think Griffiths will be a better prospect than Benjamin

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:29 pm

The Saint wrote:Benjamin, just no
Laugh Are you mental? Quality player
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:32 pm

He played well on Sunday

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:33 pm

Along with Dixon and Cudd he had a great game.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:35 pm

GavinDragon wrote:He played well on Sunday
Not to mention the Blues match where he carried filthy ball all match
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:35 pm

Stone Motif wrote:

Mediocre. He had a cameo off the bench when our forwards started to dominate the game, happened to be in the right place at the right time - it's amazing how people let things like that go to their heads. Guys like Tips and Navidi are small No.7s. Benjamin is much smaller than these guys, he looked about the same size as Jon Evans and just gets smashed off rucks. Like others have pointed out Griffiths looks like he could be a very good player and has all the attributes. He'll be bulking up over the next couple of seasons too so I hope we invest in him.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:37 pm

The Saint wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Mediocre. He had a cameo off the bench when our forwards started to dominate the game, happened to be in the right place at the right time - it's amazing how people let things like that go to their heads. Guys like Tips and Navidi are small No.7s. Benjamin is much smaller than these guys, he looked about the same size as Jon Evans and just gets smashed off rucks. Like others have pointed out Griffiths looks like he could be a very good player and has all the attributes. He'll be bulking up over the next couple of seasons too so I hope we invest in him.
That's the dumbest piece of analysis I'very read in many a long day
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next