The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NXT R-Evolution Results - Spoilers ahead

+4
x12x
Samo
Prometheus
Fernando
8 posters

Go down

NXT R-Evolution Results - Spoilers ahead Empty NXT R-Evolution Results - Spoilers ahead

Post by Fernando Fri 12 Dec 2014, 11:46 am

Kevin Owens vs CJ Parker

Owens charges the corner and hits two splashes and a somersault splash, then he tears Parker’s sign up and hits a somersault dive on the floor. The fans chant ‘holy Poopie’ as Owens says it’s just the beginning, then he whips Parker in the corner and throws a few punches before Parker kicks him in the face. Parker throws a few more strikes and connects with a kick, then Steen connects with a lariat and hits a pump handle slam and a pop up powerbomb for the win.

Winner – Kevin Owens

NXT Tag Team Championship
The Vaudevillians vs The Lucha Dragons (c)

Cara breaks a wristlock by SImon and sends him into the ropes, then he kicks him before Aiden tries to interfere. Cara armdrags him outside and Calisto hits a senton for two, then he whips Simon and Cara kicks him in the face. Cara connects with a sitout slam for two, then Aiden gets the tag and slams him down before applying a headlock. Gotch assists with a double clothesline, then he applies a chinlock but Cara breaks it, so Gotch hits a side suplex for another near fall. Aiden comes back in and Cara takes him down and tags out, then Kalisto hits a corkscrew splash and a roll through kick before sending both men outside. Cara and Kalisto set up for a suicide dive, and Aiden shoves Gotch out of the way, getting hit himself before Kalisto hits the Salida del Sol for the win.

Winners – Lucha Dragons

Tye Dillinger vs Baron Corbin

Corbin kicks Dillinger in the face and hits End of Days for the win.

Winner – Baron Corbin

The Ascension vs Hideo Itami & Finn Balor

Itami snapmares Konnor and Balor chops him in the corner, then he holds him in the corner and Itami connects with some chops and kicks. Itami gets caught with a flapjack for two, then Viktor stomps him a few times and hits an uppercut for two. Konnor applies a chinlock and kicks the back of Itami’s head, then he goes back to a chinlock but Itami fights out and he sidesteps a shoulder tackle in the corner. Itami sends him into the ringpost and tries to make the tag, but Viktor knocks Balor off the apron and pulls him into the corner.

Itami kicks him in the face and finally makes the tag, and Balor connects with some forearm shots, then he sends Konnor to the floor and splashes both opponents with a somersault dive. Balor goes for a double stomp but Viktor sidesteps it, and Balor hits a Brainbuster but Konnor breaks it up the pin. Balor goes for a spinning enziguiri but Viktor ducks and takes him down, then Itami tries to assist but he gets knocked outside. Konnor and Viktor set up for Fall of Man but Itami pulls Konnor outside, then Balor connects with a Pele kick, and both Balor and Itami connect with top rope double footstomps and make the simultaneous covers.

Winners – Hideo Itami & Finn Balor

Roman Reigns tells Renee Young winning Superstar of the Year takes the cake, and he’s there to see an awesome main event. He says Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn will tear the house down because they are the future. Reigns says speaking of his future, he’s going to be the first NXT alum to become the WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

NXT Womens Championship
Sasha Banks vs Charlotte (c)

Banks chops Charlotte in the corner, then Charlotte chops her back a few times and kicks her before Banks rolls outside. Charlotte follows and throws her back in, but Banks kicks her in the head and taunts the crowd. Banks hits a running shoulder slam in the corner, then she knees her in the stomach and punches Charlotte in the back. Banks snapmares her and mocks Charlotte with a Ric Flair strut, then Charlotte blocks a slap and punches her before Banks hits Bankrupt for two. Banks applies a Figure Four headlock and slams Charlotte’s head into the mat, then Charlotte catches her with some forearm smashes and a few chops. Charlotte goes for a suplex but Banks reverses, so Charlotte follows with a neckbreaker and screams at Banks to get back up. She charges at Banks but Banks sidesteps her and shoves her outside, then hits a suicide dive before rolling Charlotte back in to get a near fall.

Banks knees her in the face and connects with a drop toe hold into the turnbuckles, then she calls for the Bank Statement but Charlotte blocks it. Charlotte goes for a Figure Four but Sasha blocks and slams her down on the mat. Banks gets a few quick near falls and punches the mat out of frustration, then Charlotte hits a reverse slam and stomps her before heading up top. Charlotte misses a moonsault but lands on her feet when Banks rolls away, and she immediately hits a somersault senton and follows with a crucifix powerbomb attempt. Banks floats over and slams her headfirst into the turnbuckles, then she sets up on the top rope but Charlotte slams her down and follows with Natural Selection off the ropes to retain.

Winner – Charlotte

NXT Championship
Sami Zayn vs Adrian Neville (c)

We get a few chain wrestling moves before Adrian blocks Sami and tells him no more, then Adrian applies a wristlock and Sami counters with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Adrian rolls outside and Sami splashes him on the floor, then he kicks Adrian in the face and slams him into the corner. Sami runs into a forearm shot, then Adrian applies a side headlock but Sami hiptosses him and Adrian catches him with an uppercut. Adrian kicks Sami a few times and mocks him a bit, telling him to get up before he hits the ropes. Sami fires back with a lariat, then connects with a second and dropkicks Adrian out of the ring. Sami hits the ropes but Adrian runs back in and takes him down with a spinning headscissors, then he tries to splash Sami on the floor but Sami backdrops him on the floor and hits a diving senton.

Sami rolls him back in and goes for an electric chair drop but Adrian counters by spinning around and hitting a powerbomb, then he connects with a running uppercut in the corner before hitting a German suplex off the ropes for two. Adrian hits some forearm shots before Sami clotheslines him, then he goes for a big boot in the corner but Adrian sidesteps him and slams him on the mat. Adrian sets up for Red Arrow but Sami gets his knees up, then he rolls over and applies the Koji Clutch, only to have Adrian get his foot on the bottom rope. Sami charges the corner and accidentally clips the ref when Adrian sidesteps him, and Sami checks on the ref before Adrian superkicks him and connects with an inverted headscissors slam.

Sami hits three German suplexes before Adrian lands outside, but Sami runs after him, diving through the turnbuckles to hit a tornado DDT on the floor. Sami rolls him in and connects with a Helluva Kick, but inadvertently hits the ref too when Adrian pulls the ref in the way. Adrian goes outside and gets his title to attempt to hit Sami, but Sami blocks him and knocks him down before picking up the title. Sami struggles whether he should hit Adrian with the title, then decides against it and goes to put it down. Adrian runs over and gets a roll up for two, but Sami kicks out and connects with a reverse STO into the turnbuckles, followed by a Helluva Kick for the win.

Winner and NEW NXT Champion – Sami Zayn

Sami celebrates his win and the locker room comes out to greet him, including Kevin Owens. He hugs Sami and everyone congratulates him, then Adrian gets up and Sami asks for a handshake. Adrian kicks his hand away and instead hugs him, then a group of wrestlers pick Sami up on their shoulders and carry him around. After a few minutes of congratulations, the ring empties and Sami goes to leave, but Owens comes back in and attacks him, and walks out after powerbombing Sami into the ring apron.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

NXT R-Evolution Results - Spoilers ahead Empty Re: NXT R-Evolution Results - Spoilers ahead

Post by Prometheus Fri 12 Dec 2014, 12:10 pm

I think it was a really great show, which set the bar for TLC. Not just in terms of work in the ring and storytelling, but in booking too. Worth the price of the Network this month alone.

The Zayn / Neville and Charlotte / Sasha Banks matches were two of the best I've seen this year.

I'm still not that taken by Corbin and The Lucha Dragons. But they had their place on the show.

I'm also slightly less excited by body paint than the IWC in general seems to be, but I'll admit its a look that I'm sure is great live.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

NXT R-Evolution Results - Spoilers ahead Empty Re: NXT R-Evolution Results - Spoilers ahead

Post by Samo Fri 12 Dec 2014, 1:02 pm

Zayn / Neville was a five star match for me. It had everything. Great build-up, excellent action and told an amazing story throughout. They managed to get people to buy-in to Zayns journey perfectly, something which WWE has rarely been able to do this year. With Zayn moving on to Owens already, makes me think Neville will be heading up to the main roster.

Charlotte is the best female in the US at the moment. Will be surprised if she's still on NXT after Mania.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 12 Dec 2014, 3:49 pm

Yeah 5* wrestling match to man in a bunny suit. Quite a promotion. Very Happy
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 12 Dec 2014, 9:04 pm

Seeing Steen/Owens in the WWE was weird at first but I'll get used to it because he made it work. I have to say I was impressed with the audience for not chanting "Fight Steen Fight" and for being pretty good with all the indie guys turned WWE stars. Steen's new finisher looks awesome but there was part of me that was begging for him to package piledrive someone.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 12 Dec 2014, 11:32 pm

Awesome show, easily the best I've seen the WWE put out this year, Owens' debut was great, the broken nose making it even better if anything, Owens shows how a big man should show aggression and torque in his moves (cough Ascension cough) and I applaud the crowd for buying into his new ring name and not trying to show how clever they are by referencing Steen (a point that goes for all the indie lads), the pop up powerbomb has always been my favorite of Owens' moves so I'm glad not only is he keeping it but he's using it as his finish, PWG always shot it wide angle from the hard camera, which really shows the speed and power as he catches the guy off the ropes, take note Kevin Dunn

Tag title match was fun and I always enjoy watching a Kalisto hot tag, that boy is something special

I missed the Corbin match as it was over by the time I'd finished microwaving my soup, I'll assume it was standard fare

Balor and Hideo vs Ascension was probably the most I've enjoyed an Ascension match, the bit's where they were on offence were pretty dull as they lack any real zip or menace but when Balor and Hideo were on offence (read kicking/stomping people) things really picked up, Hideo teasing the GTS popped me big style and the crowd as well which made me laugh, wasn't super into Balor's entrance, the whips were a bit silly and it looked like he had pigtails but I'm glad he's brought the body paint to WWE as it really adds a unique dimension to his look

Charlotte v Banks was a good match by anyones standards, contrast that to the urine break fare served up by 90% of the main roster divas, this was a real cracker, Charlotte is a real athlete (even if she looks creeply like her dad) and Banks has to be one of the most improved workers in WWE

Finally the main event, just brilliant, it's rare to have a match that has such a great combination of athleticism and storytelling, I said for years that El Generico was one of my favorite wrestlers and one of the best babyfaces in wrestling and I'm delighted he's been able to carry it on in NXT without the mask, they say you can't teach getting over and Zayn knows how to get over, the crowd (who were awesome all night) were so behind him it really helped make the match, I was marking out when Zayn won in a way I haven't since Bryan took his first WWE title, was glad to see Zayn and Owens share a hug pre-heel turn, I'm sure genuinely after all those two have been through as partners and enemies, it'll mean a lot to be able to celebrate Zayn's first WWE title together

Lastly I enjoyed the heel turn, once again Owens' bloody nose only added to the image of his face as he backed away, I hope he'll stop powerbombing people on the apron though, it reached farcical levels on the indies and from what I understand it's genuinely dangerous and painful without being (IMHO) particularly visually impressive

Once again great show, as a jaded WWE fan it was a real pick me up to see the company produce something that got me genuinely excited

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 12 Dec 2014, 11:43 pm

I can see myself being a fan of Corbin, I just hope they start building on his character soon which from what we saw with Bull Dempsey it looks like they will be.

The guy looks like he has that little something extra.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by jai.roberts Sat 13 Dec 2014, 12:11 am

How good is the NXT roster at the moment ...... 

I hope they don't make mistakes with these guys when they get to main roster, First off the Ascension who are due to be called up, I like these guys they are an LOD/Demolition type of team, but I fear the 'E will break them up in four months and I don't see them lasting as singles.

Charlotte and Sahsa Banks put on a great show for Diva's, if they can continue building diva's wrestling it may actually become relevant.

I like both teams Lucha Dragons and Vaudevillains these guys are extactly whats missing from the tag division on the main roster, they need to get a good division and keep the teams together for some time.  When the Rockers broke up there was genuine shock, people talked about it, why Shawn had such a good platform, would you be shocked if Sin Cara chucked Kalisto off a bridge? in a months time? probably not, keep em together for a few years though and you may.  Someone's gonna argue about them not being on the same level, but I believe they are, Shawn and Marty did not have much stock when they broke up but they had been together years.

Steen looked awesome on this show, genuinly think the 'E and Trips have a good feeling about him, he seems to be going for the title so must be being fasttracked to the main roster.

Zayn and Neville are everything thats missing from the main roster.

Loved Balor's entrance was very unique

jai.roberts

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 13 Dec 2014, 1:09 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Lastly I enjoyed the heel turn, once again Owens' bloody nose only added to the image of his face as he backed away, I hope he'll stop powerbombing people on the apron though, it reached farcical levels on the indies and from what I understand it's genuinely dangerous and painful without being (IMHO) particularly visually impressive

I think the perceived lack of a visual impact heightens the move. Its the simplicity of it that makes it brutal, like Rollin's Bucklebomb. Should be used sparingly though because it can be dangerous.

Also, Zayn jumping through the corner of the ring into a tilt-a-whirl DDT was incredible.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 13 Dec 2014, 9:28 pm

Very good show, although I find Corbin to be an absolute drain of charisma and Dempsey reminds me of everything Owens (sic) has fought not to be; fat and slightly comical because of it.

Love the Lucha Dragons, although the Lucha Lucha chant and body movement is a bit annoying, Plus jumping into the ring looks kinda crap when you can see the trampoline. Two great tag teams with wonderful gimmicks. You bring these two and the Ascension up (the latter is happening very soon judging by Smackdown spoilers) then it would be incredibly stacked.

Woman's match was very good, although a little stuttery, but it was my favourite of the night and to me told a better story than all the others, including the main event. Charlotte is a little unconvincing as a face, but she manages to almost use that to her advantage; she keeps that Flair arrogance that is now a positive thing in wrestling because of her old man. Banks is brilliant, absolutely brilliant, and I just hope that the shift in gear for women's wrestling that the likes of Foley talked about recently can happen. How long AJ is around for I don't know, but if they can give Charlotte the rub from her (id like it too) at Mania then that would be great.

Found Balor's entrance before beguiling and a bit Poopie. It started to became a bit like Hideo was his gay slave master. Thought the match was good and in contrast to House I still really like The Ascension and everything they bring to the ring.

Owens' debut was great. The intensity and the spots he put in were wonderful, the blood helped him, and then the last minute heel turn was extremely intriguing.

Finally, the main event. I don't think it was Cena/Lesnar levels of great and the NXT crowd can be really annoying in these matches, but it was obviously very good. Zayn is great, but they need to make sure he isn't just a Cat. I wanted him to lose cos his stupid little bitch face was annoying me. Neville on the other hand was fantastic, just bordering the heel and face line so that you couldnt hold anything against him but also knew he was the bad guy.

My favourite part of the show was the way they built to Zayn/Neville. The little glimpses backstage, the interview clips, the walk to the entrance etc. Reminded me of WWE 15 years ago.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sun 14 Dec 2014, 7:43 am

The last hour was wrestling perfection in my eyes. I've been a massive fan of Sasha Banks character development this year, and she's amongst my favourite wrestlers at the moment. Charlotte's already proven against Bayley and Natalya what a great worker she is but this match surpassed both of them. It's my second favourite match of the year.

You guys have covered my thoughts about Zayn/Neville, but I love the attention to detail they showed. Neville's show of respect matches that shown by Zayn the first time the two men met on NXT. Compared this to the main roster, where we have things like Brie Bella being tormented by her sister for two months, then turning heel, without bothering to explain her motivations.

As far as I'm concerned, NXT continues to be the show that is much-see.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down