The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tonight's fights

+32
rapidringsroad
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
sittingringside
tunes666
John Bloody Wayne
catchweight
hogey
Herman Jaeger
AdamT
Kareem61
Strongback
Coxy001
3fingers
kingraf
hampo17
bellchees
Hammersmith harrier
Marky
RatBoy66
Duty281
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
ShahenshahG
DuransHorse
thelastbellender
owen10ozzy
Dipper Brown
mobilemaster8
milkyboy
88Chris05
spencerclarke
wheelchair1991
CallMeBenji
36 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Tonight's fights - Page 4 Empty Tonight's fights

Post by CallMeBenji Sat 13 Dec 2014, 8:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Anybody know the time of Andy Lee's fight? I've seen that khan has tweeted he's ring walking at 4am. Anybody staying up for the fights?

CallMeBenji

Back to top Go down

Tonight's fights - Page 4 Empty Re: Tonight's fights

Post by milkyboy Sun 14 Dec 2014, 3:47 pm

Not sure Alexander was a cherry pick. What it was, was a fight against a poor man's mayweather, and as I and others have said countless times, when he's fighting guys who like to box, he has a habit of making them look bad.

I said many years ago, that I felt khan was probably the trickiest fight out there for mayweather, I've taken some heat over the years for that view, but its one that's not seen as quite so left field now. I don't see mayweather turning into a pressure fighter, so the fact that khan struggles with front foot fighters is irrelevant. When was the last time floyd was matched with a guy who wasn't a front foot fighter? A tubby Marquez 5 years ago? An ageing Oscar or mosley? In reality the last time he fought a quick handed boxer was Judah about 8 years ago. If you look at their respective Judah fights, khan handled him easier.

I always thought khan would give mayweather problems but that ultimately he'd fall into traps and get picked off. The more deliberate version of khan we see now, might be a little cagier but ultimately I'd still expect floyd to outsmart him. There might be more deserving opponents out there but guys who have an outside chance of beating him? It's manny and khan for me.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 14 Dec 2014, 3:52 pm

Khan has a better chance of upsetting Floyd in my opinion.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 14 Dec 2014, 5:35 pm

Floyd will not take the fight as it is a risk, he has fought some good fighters but is also very shrewd in who he picks..  There are now two fighters that present an interesting challenge to Floyd, Manny and Khan, or maybe GGG if they wanted to meet half way.

I think out of the 3 Manny is the more familiar territory to Floyd, smaller, he will see Manny come forward allot..  Even though he has side stepped this one I think it is now the easiest out of the big fights out there so we will now see this one made and I see Floyd winning a messy fight, that will maybe be quite close.

He wont fight Khan as he is on form and holds allot of assets that will pose a risk to Floyds 0.

Last edited by tunes666 on Sun 14 Dec 2014, 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 14 Dec 2014, 5:41 pm

What assets does Khan hold that Pacquiao doesn't and then some?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 14 Dec 2014, 5:54 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:What assets does Khan hold that Pacquiao doesn't and then some?

I think Khan is quicker on the outside, in fact he is quicker full stop, and taller. I also think he is peaking while Manny is not and getting slower on his feet.
Many throws allot of angles and has a great work rate, so this will make a Floyd fight interesting but Floyd has shown he could maybe keep Manny away unless his age starts to become a factor. Interesting fight but how many fighters have managed to get inside enough against Floyd?, So Manny will have to be a first at trying what a good few have failed to do, so less risk.

Khan will not be trying to get on the inside he will try to counter Floyd and catch him with his speed... how many fighters has Floyd fought with such attributes? The closest I can think of is Zab J who did start to give Floyd all kinds of problems and I think Khan is better than Zab was.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Sun 14 Dec 2014, 6:00 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:What assets does Khan hold that Pacquiao doesn't and then some?

Height and reach. Great performance by Khan, he's still a couple of fights away from being able to prove his doubters wrong, and they'll most likely be tough ones. Also, I like Brook and would count myself as a fan of his, but I really think Khan would absolutely paste him and my opinion has obviously not been changed by his showing last night. Does anyone agree with me? It seems like a fair few folks think Brook would knock Khan out quite easily.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 14 Dec 2014, 6:00 pm

Khan will try and counter punch the master counter puncher?

To be honest Mayweather struggled with Judah's southpaw stance a big advantage Pacquiao has over Khan, Floyd has almost identical dimensions to Khan so doubt the size will be an issue.

Khan will do what he always does and that's throw combos in the pocket just like Pacquiao does, not sure where you get the idea that Pacman fights inside from?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 14 Dec 2014, 8:53 pm

The Master counter puncher that has not really fought another great counter puncher apart from Marquez who is much smaller and less reach and speed... Khan is no doubt quicker than anyone Floyd has fought and there for will be looking to use that to get to Floyd and not rush him and try and bust through his defense. The reason Floyd has such a good defense is because he is so quick defensively and can counter, What makes Khan a threat is he could maybe be quick enough to hit Floyd. Especially as Floyd is getting a little slower on his feet and getting hit more. This is why I do not think he will take the fight.

Guerrero and Ortiz are southpaws and did not give Floyd trouble so I do not think that is really an issue.

who has Floyd fought with great hand speed? The closest I can think of is Zab J, who is decent fighter but not great.

Khan will no doubt bring some questions to the fight. The only way Floyd will take it is if the temptation to beat such a young fighter with hand speed to add to his great record and prove that even someone quicker than him cant beat him. But I cant see it.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 14 Dec 2014, 9:03 pm

sittingringside wrote:

Height and reach. Great performance by Khan, he's still a couple of fights away from being able to prove his doubters wrong, and they'll most likely be tough ones. Also, I like Brook and would count myself as a fan of his, but I really think Khan would absolutely paste him and my opinion has obviously not been changed by his showing last night. Does anyone agree with me? It seems like a fair few folks think Brook would knock Khan out quite easily.

hmm Brook is good, providing he comes back %100 after the stabbing ordeal I think it would be a great fight... I would sway towards Khan nicking more rounds and getting the nod though..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Sun 14 Dec 2014, 9:56 pm

Its staggering that people believe Khan can beat Mayweather, yet a peak Manny from 09/10 was pretty much dismissed.

I'm no FMJ fan but I'd be genuinely disappointed if Khan took his zero. If it did happen it would be because floyd has really faded or a hail Mary punch from Khan, neither of which is likely.

Khan certainly looked impressive last night but really its just his hand speed that flatters to deceive. His foot work isn't great and I still reckon any real puncher puts him on his arse with ease.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 14 Dec 2014, 10:23 pm

tunes666 wrote:The Master counter puncher that has not really fought another great counter puncher apart from Marquez who is much smaller and less reach and speed...  Khan is no doubt quicker than anyone Floyd has fought and there for will be looking to use that to get to Floyd and not rush him and try and bust through his defense.  The reason Floyd has such a good defense is because he is so quick defensively and can counter, What makes Khan a threat is he could maybe be quick enough to hit Floyd. Especially as Floyd is getting a little slower on his feet and getting hit more. This is why I do not think he will take the fight.

Guerrero and Ortiz are southpaws and did not give Floyd trouble so I do not think that is really an issue.

who has Floyd fought with great hand speed?  The closest I can think of is Zab J, who is decent fighter but not great.

Khan will no doubt bring some questions to the fight. The only way Floyd will take it is if the temptation to beat such a young fighter with hand speed to add to his great record and prove that even someone quicker than him cant beat him. But I cant see it.

So you honestly think the way to beat Mayweather is by Khan counter punching him?

The basic flaw with that theory is that a) Khan doesn't counter punch he leads with combos and b) Mayweather doesn't lead, he sets traps for the other guy to lead out, it's why he so comprehensively outboxed Marquez (a far better counter puncher than Khan).

Khan has the ability to win a couple of rounds but his defence isn't good enough and he's not reactionary enough, everything he does is a drill learned in the gym, he says as much after every fight. That's all well and good when you're fighting Alexander or Collazo but against Mayweather it just won't work for a prolonged time.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Sun 14 Dec 2014, 10:29 pm

Just watched the Khan Alexander fight on You tube.A pretty convincing win for the Bolton lad,he has improved under his new trainer,he didn't make the mistake of trying to knock his opponent out as he was winning well on points.Let's face it when did Mayweather last win by a knockout apart from when Ortiz was still looking at the ref.The Wanderers also managed to sneak a draw against Ipswich so a good result for Bolton sport.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 14 Dec 2014, 11:30 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:

So you honestly think the way to beat Mayweather is by Khan counter punching him?

The basic flaw with that theory is that a) Khan doesn't counter punch he leads with combos and b) Mayweather doesn't lead, he sets traps for the other guy to lead out, it's why he so comprehensively outboxed Marquez (a far better counter puncher than Khan).

Khan has the ability to win a couple of rounds but his defence isn't good enough and he's not reactionary enough, everything he does is a drill learned in the gym, he says as much after every fight. That's all well and good when you're fighting Alexander or Collazo but against Mayweather it just won't work for a prolonged time.

Im not sure what your reading. I did not say Khan would beat Floyd, I said he would present something that has not been thrown at Floyd before. A question mark does not mean a claim. I'm saying we do not know how Floyd will deal with someone who can counter quicker than he can and does not need to get inside to hit him...

Khan does counter punch, he waits for openings, and that very much includes when the other fighter leads in. Did you not watch the fight last night? And when you say that Marquez is a far better counter puncher than Khan, you ignore the fact that Khan is bigger and allot faster, so your ignoring the point.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 14 Dec 2014, 11:40 pm

I'm not ignoring the point at all, Khan waiting for an opening doesn't make him a counter puncher, Mayweather will not lead out offering an opportunity to be countered.

Khan being quick and bigger than Marquez doesn't make him a better counter puncher, he'll be the one being countered not the other way round. You're making out as if Khan is significantly bigger which he isn't, he has the shorter reach, considering he's the broader of the two he is going to have to get inside Mayweather to an extent.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 14 Dec 2014, 11:53 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I'm not ignoring the point at all, Khan waiting for an opening doesn't make him a counter puncher, Mayweather will not lead out offering an opportunity to be countered.

Khan being quick and bigger than Marquez doesn't make him a better counter puncher, he'll be the one being countered not the other way round. You're making out as if Khan is significantly bigger which he isn't, he has the shorter reach, considering he's the broader of the two he is going to have to get inside Mayweather to an extent.
You seem to be dwelling on the title "Counter puncher" too much. You do not need to be a "Counter puncher" in order to be able to do it. All boxers counter punch...

Khan does not need to be a "counter puncher" as he can catch people with his speed even if they are not attacking him. This does not mean he cant counter punch...

Not sure what point you are making other than not thinking Khan can beat Floyd. However, I still assert than he will bring things to that fight that Floyd has not yet faced and dealt with. Hence why it would be an interesting fight and carry more Risk for Floyd.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 14 Dec 2014, 11:58 pm

My point is that the things you've pointed as being a problem are not applicable to a prospective fight between the two and his speed whilst a major asset is offset by Mayweather's own speed and superior timing.

A big big thing you're ingoring is that Mayweather will not lead, he'll sit in the pocket waiting for Khan to throw one of his combos and then counter with ones and twos. The openings Khan sees against Collazo and Alexander wont be there and he'll be forced to either opening up and leaving himself open or letting his work rate drop significantly.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 12:01 am

Finally got round to watching the Bradley-Chaves fight and can definitely see what the fuss is about with regards to the decision.

I had it 117-112 to Bradley. Maybe it could have been a shade closer (although I felt I was already being kind of lenient to Chaves is any case) but the bottom line is that Bradley has fallen victim to a howler of a verdict there. Julie Lederman should have her Christmas spending money taken away by Papa Harold for turning in that 116-112 card in Chaves' favour. Just ridiculous.

Mind you, for a guy with the kind of foot speed and upper body flexibility that Bradley has it's a joke that he's so hittable at times. He showed it against Marquez and he showed glimpses of it last night - he can box superbly. But he still just seems unsure of exactly what he wants to be in there sometimes. His eye and cheek injuries looked horrendous and he's been banged up badly in a couple of other fights as we know, and I worry that his prime might come to an end a little earlier than it should do if he keeps fighting with his heart rather than his brain like that. But regardless, he got a very raw deal last night.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 12:08 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:My point is that the things you've pointed as being a problem are not applicable to a prospective fight between the two and his speed whilst a major asset is offset by Mayweather's own speed and superior timing.

A big big thing you're ingoring is that Mayweather will not lead, he'll sit in the pocket waiting for Khan to throw one of his combos and then counter with ones and twos. The openings Khan sees against Collazo and Alexander wont be there and he'll be forced to either opening up and leaving himself open or letting his work rate drop significantly.

So now you are a psychic!, wow!

You do not know what Mayweather will do when he faces someone quicker than him as you have not seen him do it before, which is my point, If you cant get that point then Im not sure what I can do for you. If you do not think Khan is quicker or faster than his previous opponents then fine. If you do, then Im not sure how you are unable to grasp my point.

Mayweather may have to lead as if Khan is quick enough to beat his defense then he will have to counter more and leave him self open.

This does not mean this is what he will do as he is one of the best and has always found a way.

But again, he has not faced the style fighter like Khan, so it would be interesting. And why Floyd wont take the fight.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 15 Dec 2014, 12:17 am

Your points aren't making any sense at all, it doesn't take a psychic to work out that Mayweather will not lead out against anyone, it just isn't in his make up regardless of if they're quicker. His defence isn't going to suddenly unravel because he's in with someone quick, Hatton, Judah and Mosley all had quick handspeed and guess what after a slight adjustment he countered all three of them with ease.

You're actually contradicting yourself, in the same sentence you state that he may have to lead as well as countering more, how does that work, he overnight going to double his workrate?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 12:58 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Your points aren't making any sense at all, it doesn't take a psychic to work out that Mayweather will not lead out against anyone, it just isn't in his make up regardless of if they're quicker. His defence isn't going to suddenly unravel because he's in with someone quick, Hatton, Judah and Mosley all had quick handspeed and guess what after a slight adjustment he countered all three of them with ease.

Not sure I totally agree with this, Hammersmith. Mayweather's not stayed at the very top for so long because he can't break from tradition and take matters in to his own hands from time to time.

It's funny that you mention the Judah fight - I actually think it's a good example of what I'm trying to say here. After struggling in those first four rounds he became a lot more front foot minded and showed confidence in his ability to play the role of aggressor for long periods. As the fight went towards its middle stages Floyd was confidently on the front foot and initiating quite a few exchanges. He started taking it to Judah with his jab and in particular the big body shots which made a big difference in the fight. It wasn't all counters and timing by any means at all.

Setting traps has always been and will always be his bread and butter, but he's shown he can take it to the other guy and go on the front foot at times if he needs to.

On that basis, even if Khan does out-speed him to take the first couple of rounds or so while Floyd tries to get a read on him, there'd still be no need for Mayweather to panic as he can switch it up and go after his man - but the interesting point is that by the time he gets back in the ring, that Judah fight will be nine years in the past and Mayweather's legs might be a bit heavier, which adds to the intrigue.

I don't think it's any secret that for Khan to beat Mayweather he'd need to get him at the right time, and who knows, maybe 2015 could be that time. But if anyone thinks that Floyd can't mix it up and produce the unexpected in terms of abandoning his all-out countering style, or if they're hanging they're hat on that (I know you're arguing the case for him to beat Khan, but you get my drift), then I think they might end up being surprised.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 15 Dec 2014, 1:23 am

He's on the front foot in a lot of fights Chris but I would still say he was reactive to what Judah was doing which after the fourth was not a lot. Everything aligned in those first four rounds to trouble him, the speed, power and the southpaw stance.

He is now an old man which makes me even more certain he won't revert to his old more aggressive style. He'll adapt with his feet and for all Khans speed he does not have the footwork of either Pacquiao or Mayweather. He'll have success early on but he has one way of boxing and when he's getting picked off the flurries will increase leaving him more open. 

Superb last two performances but they were both tailormade for him, he could carry out his drills as he pleased but I don't think he's got enough between the ears to adapt mid fight. It's an interesting division as there's no clear stand out beyond the top two.

Marquez is too old now, ive never rated Bradley while out of Brook, thurman, porter and Khan, they'd all win some and lose some.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 15 Dec 2014, 1:29 am

Floyd is trading more in fights for a reason and it's not only due to "wanting to entertain the fans" his legs aren't what they were. Freddie Roach was shouting about it after the Mosley fight and I think the Maidana fights provided some verification of that notion.

Floyd will beat Khan because he is too cute. He does so many things that can only be seen in slow motion. There was a gif going around of him throwing a left jab only to stop in on his opponents glove and then push the glove to one side opening up the guard and following through with a pinger of a straight right. The naked eye can't see that stuff. He's good at the covert cheating is Mayweather.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 15 Dec 2014, 8:12 am

Why is that covert cheating? surely if he's fast enough/good enough to do that then it shows how clever he can be?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Mon 15 Dec 2014, 8:46 am

Manny's lack of height really is a problem for him...

Tonight's fights - Page 4 Manny1

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 15 Dec 2014, 9:15 am

Mayweather was a more aggressive fighter in his youth. In terms of front foot fighting we haven't seen it in a while. Now, one of his greatest assets is his ability to adapt to what's in front of him, but let's not kid ourselves that he has it in him to get all lamont Peterson on khan... he fights in economical spurts as it is.

His default mode is counter puncher, though admittedly he's been matched with guys who come to him, which self perpetuates that. If he's on the front foot against khan, it's because back foot isn't working. I'm not saying khan beats him... Floyd is great at making guys fight his fight, he got Marquez plodding after him and jmm isn't great coming forward, but he'll fight your fight and probably beat you at it too if he has to. He looked a more accomplished inside fighter than hatton for example.

Tunes point, and mine, is that khan presents a new problem to him. He's solved all the others and would likely solve this one too, but doesn't that make it interesting to people? I've heard people say Garcia or Bradley are more deserving. Perhaps they are, but they're foregone conclusions of things we've seen before. I only want to see mayweather fight guys who bring something to the table in terms of an attribute that could trouble him. At the moment at his weight that's Khan and manny.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 9:26 am

But again, he has not faced the style fighter like Khan, so it would be interesting. And why Floyd wont take the fight.

Oh c'mon sunshine, gimme and the rest of us a break. Floyd won't take the fight, not because you/he views Khan as some sort of threat - he's fondly remembered in America for losing to the horribly average Peterson and getting decked (hard) by Garcia - the latter was all of 4 fights ago. Struggling past a blown up lightweight in Diaz (and getting dropped by him) and beating up on the "been found out before, we know how average they are" Collazo/Alexander doesn't exactly warrant much optimism of anything nearing a remotely competitive fight.

The only, and I mean only, interesting aspect of them fighting is Khan's speed. What is apparent to me is that Khan is now "rushing" in behind the jab and then getting back out again. Mayweather would counter him all day, night and year long - if he's able to handle the massive size of Cotto/Alvarez then I fail to see what happens differently with a guy that still leaves himself wide open.

I've already said I rated Khan's performance on Saturday, but there's a very important word here - "perspective". It's one thing putting on a good showing against an decent but not elite fighter, it's another to consistently land on someone (for 12 rounds) who has barely shipped a punch in their whole career/no-one has found the magic key (in recent years, we all know Castillo beat him with sustained pressure then got his arse kicked in the rematch) to unpicking his defensive wizardry.

And by the way, Khan isn't as quick as Mayweather. Yes he has these pretty little fast hands - but his footwork is still average (he gets square on when throwing) and he doesn't roll/have the little feints FMJ does. It's overly important to not classify "hand speed" as overall "speed" because he's not on a par with Mayeather in that respect.

And people can mention Judah all they want. Judah is a lefty and people seem to forget that Floyd is never the quickest of starters, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he absolutely embarrass Judah once he'd got him figured out?

FMJ stops him around round 5 with beaut of a right hand counter after winning every round.

Bookies have FMJ as 1/3 - slightly narrower than I would've put it but I will be piling in to him big time. If anyone wants a £1000 bet on the winner am more than prepared to get Adam (founder) to set up a Paypal account and we both pay in to it. Winner takes all....

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 9:42 am

Kirk there are parts of that post that make you sound like an arrogant, big headed no it all, the "sunshine" comment really emphasises this. Shame that you said Floyd would stop him, I don't think he has the power to punch himself out of a wet paper bag.

Before this fight people were giving Alexander a decent chance, only have to look across the Internet to see that, but as usual once it's all done and dusted he's a has been or never was. Hindsight is a wonderful thing for sure, but the win over Alexander is a very good one. You're talking as if Khan would be facing the Mayweather that beat Hatton, but in reality his last two fights have shown him to be slowing ever so slightly, and if he doesn't fight again until May it is likely he will slow again increasing Khans chances, yes he would probably get beaten however it would still be interesting to see just how much Khans speed troubles Floyd.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 15 Dec 2014, 9:50 am

i agree with coxy... if he can handle the massive size of cotto the dwarf and alvarez, then he can handle the speed of khan?!?!

I do agree on a few things the handspeed... that's what it is, just a handspeed advantage nothing else (though floyd isn't fleet of foot anymore his footwork is still great). If khan hits thin air rather than head or gloves, he gets countered and possibly sparked. There is however, a possibility floyd gets hit more in this fight, than he has before.

And there is no blueprint, the blueprint to beat how floyd fights in one fight is negated by how he can adapt in another. However, if I saw a style he struggled with in his prime, though it was oscar. Only when oscar gassed and stopped throwing the double jab, did floyd get on top. De la hoya had a tighter defence and a much better chin, but khan can fight that fight and gas less. Although some rate that as a great win for floyd, for me it was the first time i really questioned him. I thought a younger oscar (though he tended to gas then too) might have got across the line.

As it is, I think khan does slow down as fights go on, and that mayweather would start to pick him off. I'd be very surprised to see mayweather win every round though... unless its a first round ko.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 15 Dec 2014, 9:52 am

hampo171 wrote:Kirk there are parts of that post that make you sound like an arrogant, big headed no it all, the "sunshine" comment really emphasises this. Shame that you said Floyd would stop him, I don't think he has the power to punch himself out of a wet paper bag.

Before this fight people were giving Alexander a decent chance, only have to look across the Internet to see that, but as usual once it's all done and dusted he's a has been or never was. Hindsight is a wonderful thing for sure, but the win over Alexander is a very good one. You're talking as if Khan would be facing the Mayweather that beat Hatton, but in reality his last two fights have shown him to be slowing ever so slightly, and if he doesn't fight again until May it is likely he will slow again increasing Khans chances, yes he would probably get beaten however it would still be interesting to see just how much Khans speed troubles Floyd.

to know coxy is to love him

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 9:52 am

Captain Kirk wrote: If anyone wants a £1000 bet on the winner am more than prepared to get Adam (founder) to set up a Paypal account and we both pay in to it. Winner takes all....

Oh ay up, we've got another big spender here.

I'll bet you my yacht. And the total amount I have stored away in my secret, off-shore Swiss bank accounts - it's a figure so large it can't even be written on a horizontally-turned piece of A4 paper. I've been enjoying my Rolls, Lambourghini and Bentley recently so my Bugatti (well, my two Bugattis) have been gathering dust - I may as well chuck those in to the deal as well, I don't need 'em.

You know that website Google? And that other one, Facebook? I own those, you know. Tell you what, if I lose the bet you can have the ownership rights to them as well. Did I mention that Charlize Theron is my sister? If I lose then I'll let you take her out on a date on top of all that. Don't be late in bringing her home, though, because my dad (and Charlize's) is Mike Tyson. Yeah, yeah, I know they don't look alike but we've got so much money we paid to be implanted with a gene that makes these kind of things possible - only cost about a quarter of a billion, which I rake in over about a week.

If Charlize doesn't float your boat then I'll let you take out one of my own girls if I lose the bet. Being rich and handsome, I've never been short of female attention and just recently I've been getting it more than a prime Snoop Dogg. It was hard concentrating during my posing routine at the latest Mr Olympia, knowing that I had a bevy of beauties waiting for me back stage.....And because I actually own, organize and run the contest....But hey, I'm a professional (an exceptionally wealthy one) so I just got on with it.

But I'm willing to beat all of that with any of you guys - Coxy, Strongback, anyone. If I lose I'll take it like a man, and besides I'll still have my fourteen PhDs, contacts in the music industry and golfing / cricketing prowess to fall back on.

God it feels good to be rich and successful.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 9:53 am

I'll bet you my yacht. And the total amount I have stored away in my secret, off-shore Swiss bank accounts - it's a figure so large it can't even be written on a horizontally-turned piece of A4 paper.

Laugh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 9:56 am

88Chris05 wrote:
Captain Kirk wrote: If anyone wants a £1000 bet on the winner am more than prepared to get Adam (founder) to set up a Paypal account and we both pay in to it. Winner takes all....

I'll bet you my yacht. And the total amount I have stored away in my secret, off-shore Swiss bank accounts - it's a figure so large it can't even be written on a horizontally-turned piece of A4 paper. I've been enjoying my Rolls, Lambourghini and Bentley recently so my Bugatti (well, my two Bugattis) have been gathering dust - I may as well chuck those in to the deal as well, I don't need 'em.

You know that website Google? And that other one, Facebook? I own those, you know. Tell you what, if I lose the bet you can have the ownership rights to them as well. Did I mention that Charlize Theron is my sister? If I lose then I'll let you take her out on a date on top of all that. Don't be late in bringing her home, though, because my dad (and Charlize's) is Mike Tyson. Yeah, yeah, I know they don't look alike but we've got so much money we paid to be implanted with a gene that makes these kind of things possible - only cost about a quarter of a billion, which I rake in over about a week.

If Charlize doesn't float your boat then I'll let you take out one of my own girls if I lose the bet. Being rich and handsome, I've never been short of female attention and just recently I've been getting it more than a prime Snoop Dogg. It was hard concentrating during my posing routine at the latest Mr Olympia, knowing that I had a bevy of beauties waiting for me back stage.....And because I actually own, organize and run the contest....But hey, I'm a professional (an exceptionally wealthy one) so I just got on with it.

But I'm willing to beat all of that with any of you guys - Coxy, Strongback, anyone. If I lose I'll take it like a man, and besides I'll still have my fourteen PhDs, contacts in the music industry and golfing / cricketing prowess to fall back on.

Know you're only a young'un Chris, but £1k isn't that much money....

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:01 am

It's more than I believe anyone would seriously be willing to bet against a complete stranger on a faceless sports forum, though.

Have you considered trying a casino or a betting website?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:02 am

I'll bet you my yacht

This one that I found on the internet of you?

Tonight's fights - Page 4 Marathon2006dingy400_400x293

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:04 am

AS everyone is so wealthy, its coming up to that time of the year when we have to renew our domain name etc.

There is a contribution button down below.

We could really do with all of you mega millionaires to throw a tenner in to the pot to help us us regular millionaires keep the site going.

This is a genuine request! Even a fiver will do.

The link is at the bottom of the page ("contribution")

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:06 am

tunes666 wrote:Floyd will not take the fight as it is a risk, he has fought some good fighters but is also very shrewd in who he picks..  There are now two fighters that present an interesting challenge to Floyd, Manny and Khan, or maybe GGG if they wanted to meet half way.

Out of interest, Tunes, where would you say 'half way' is?

GGG has said he'll do 154, would you expect him to come down further, or for Floyd to defend his 154lb belt at the full weight??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:07 am

Captain Kirk wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

... it barely covers the subs for turning out for tring 2nd 11.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:07 am

88Chris05 wrote:It's more than I believe anyone would seriously be willing to bet against a complete stranger on a faceless sports forum, though.

Have you considered trying a casino or a betting website?

Chris, was merely pointing out that some (who are backing Khan to win/be remotely competitive) would probably get off the hyperbole express to hyperboleville if "push came to shove" in terms of parting with money.

But yes dear boy, I shall be investing some money in to a FMJ win. Be interesting to see what a UD comes out as (am thinking it'll be around 15/8) and what the knockout is (probably around 3/1)... which would be worth straddle betting both results. Downside is if it's a SD etc. Oh, and or if Khan gets lucky Yikes

But anyway, I'd much rather see Khan face Brook over here in a big showdown at the 02. Be a more competitive fight and if he doesn't get the FMJ or Pacquiao fight then he's really got knowhere left to go if he wants to earn big bucks.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:09 am

Adam D wrote:AS everyone is so wealthy, its coming up to that time of the year when we have to renew our domain name etc.

We could really do with all of you mega millionaires to throw a tenner in to the pot to help us us regular millionaires keep the site going.

Which company you with? Hosting + domain is around £100 max depending what sort of platform you're running.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:10 am

milkyboy wrote:
Captain Kirk wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

Psycho. Stalker.

And subs + match fees are about £300 for the year. So yeah, petty cash basically.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:15 am

Captain Kirk wrote:
Adam D wrote:AS everyone is so wealthy, its coming up to that time of the year when we have to renew our domain name etc.

Which company you with? Hosting + domain is around £100 max depending what sort of platform you're running.

Its forumotion who host this site. Its who we chose when we started it up and who we are stuck with.

£100 will do - let me know if you have any problems donating OK

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:18 am

I'd go for £200 Adam, gives the staff on the site some petty cash for our New Year's Eve party Wink

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:18 am

Adam D wrote:
Captain Kirk wrote:

Its forumotion who host this site. Its who we chose when we started it up and who we are stuck with.

£100 will do - let me know if you have any problems donating OK

Not giving you £100 only to ban me inside a week (Rowley is frothing at the mouth to do so) OK

Am busy in a meeting at present so can't exactly get my wallet out, but you have my word I'll donate something before the end of play today. How far do 500 credits go?

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:19 am

Who's said khan would win? But if you could bet on it being 'competitive', and if I were a betting man, I would.

Many people seem to respect malaginaggi's opinions. Ignore the headline, and here were his views ahead of the alexander fight

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2872609/Amir-Khan-beat-Devon-Alexander-END-Floyd-Mayweather-Jnr-s-undefeated-record-says-Paulie-Malignaggi.html

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:21 am

Is there a PayPal option?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:26 am

Captain Kirk wrote:
milkyboy wrote:
Captain Kirk wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

Psycho. Stalker.

And subs + match fees are about £300 for the year. So yeah, petty cash basically.

Didn't need to stalk you, it was all posted on here, by someone who thought it would be amusing to see the man behind the bravado. In most people's eyes, it seems you didnt quite live up to your proclamations.  But yes i own up to the psycho bit.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:33 am

milkyboy wrote:
Captain Kirk wrote:
milkyboy wrote:
Captain Kirk wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

Psycho. Stalker.

Didn't need to stalk you, it was all posted on here, by someone who thought it would be amusing to see the man behind the bravado. In most people's eyes, it seems you didnt quite live up to your proclamations.  But yes i own up to the psycho bit.

Still played against a current England star and with one of Australia's brightest young talents in competitive league games. Another lean year with the bat though save for my last game, glove work was pretty special though

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:36 am

Strongback wrote:

Is there a PayPal option?

Yes.

And thanks to Capt Kirk and Strongy

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:39 am

88Chris05 wrote:

What I have written about education, employment and investments is not outlandish. I am sure there are people on the site with phd's, Fearless Bamber had a PhDs from memory. It's no surprise to me that people own or have mortgaged more than the house they live in, it's a pretty common investment nowadays.

If I was in my 20`s I would go out and buy a house that I could afford and would be quite happy to live in for many a year then I would work on saving a deposit for an investment property. It's not rocket science. I pay a modest amount into a pension and stick with property because that's what I know.

I know lads who were buying property at 21 years of age but they were being advised well by their parents who were accountants or financial advisors etc.

As for the good looks and prowess in weight training.........well that's just god given talent.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:41 am

As for the good looks and prowess in weight training.........well that's just god given talent.

Tonight's fights - Page 4 418751d7a9f5e8668e09a57199270f22

Finally managed to track strongy down!

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next