The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE TLC Chat

+7
Samo
Uryu Ishida
Crimey
x12x
Brilliant_yep
Dr Gregory House MD
NickisBHAFC
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WWE TLC Chat - Page 2 Empty WWE TLC Chat

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 15 Dec 2014, 1:07 am

First topic message reminder :

For those that are staying up. No chatbox it seems.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

WWE TLC Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: WWE TLC Chat

Post by Uryu Ishida Mon 15 Dec 2014, 9:36 am

this was my first wwe ppv in a while and I decided to give it a fair go. Was it the worst I have seen? no, was it the best? not by a country mile.

pre show stuff: Heyman saying the exact same thing twice during this was showing how bad everyone else was. Riley was like a kid on sugar, trying to build hype, failing and forgetting his place. Others were on about the chairs match n he started talking about stairs. Booker T was insightful with the refusal to do a second tlc style match but then shucky ducky quack quack ruined it....

New Day v Dust Brothers: I didn't catch why Stardust was green tonight, commentary annoyed me most by going on about Gazoo and other things that were not the match. Crowd didn't care really, neither did I. GIVE ME A REASON TO CARE FOR THE NEW DAY!!

Ziggler v Harper: My match of the night, this was great and I thought Harper legit hurt himself with his hand trapped between the ladder. Ziggler is always great at selling and made Harper look great, camera at the end was a minor gripe but I saw enough of the superkick.

Usos v The Miz ( don't think mizdow tagged in): When the highlight is Mizdow and the baby slammy the match doesn't matter. It was an average uso match where Miz got whooped repeatedly. Sandows timing is great for grabbing cheers.

Stairs match: Moment of the match was Michael Cole being scared of stairs on commentary. The match itself was alright, better than hoped but not by much.

Cena v Rollins: Heyman being there was interesting but I would have preferred him on commentary for this, goading both sides to pummel the other. The match itself was decent even if Cena looked like he ate Hulk Hogan, nothing special and it plodded along until the end when Reigns came out and everything went into overdrive for about 90 seconds. I hope Rollins cashes his shot in at the RR on Cenas prone body.

Chairs match: This surprised me a little with how fast the chairs were used but then it dragged into a typical match before near the end when Kane attempted a tombstone and for 6 seconds I was interested before Ryback won. I didn't find much interesting...

Bella v AJ: I only really remember the end of this match but if rumors are true and AJ is leaving what a bad way to go out...

Rusev v Swagger: This was average with only 1 good spot of Swagger breaking the accolade. A minor complaint is Rusev's selling of the ankle, it was all over the place and patchy.

Ambrose v Wyatt: This was decent and would have been great if Ambrose had not done the same elbow drop spot 3 times as well as that stupid ending! The kendo stick spot looked nasty but i'm glad it was safe. Did Wyatt need this win? I'm not so sure but I would like to see a definate end to the feud at the RR

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 15 Dec 2014, 5:26 pm

Ziggler vs Harper was match of the night.  Dont know why the opened with the guy who was going to get the best reaction all night.  It wasnt the best ladder match I've ever seen but was probably one of the best recent ones.  I genuinely thought Harper had injured himself early on.

Uso's vs The Miz's was a house show level match.  Nothing else to say.

Stairs match was a surprise for me.  It was exactly what it should have been, which was two big men in a straight up fight.  Some good spots using the stairs aswell.

Cena vs Rollins.  I was surprised this was on so early as I was certain it would be the main event... and it probably should have been.  My only real gripe about it was the two referee spots.  What was stopping the two refs that came down to explain to Chioda that the match had already been won?  They could easily have reversed these two spots and had the double bump first and it would have came off a lot better.  A simple fix which sums the WWE up entirely right now.

Chairs match.  Kane needs to go.  It looks like he cant get any power behind a chair shot, he's well past it.  Like Arsene Wenger, thanks for the memories but its time to go.

Bella vs AJ was what you expected it to be.  Atleast they acknowledged the stupidity of the Brie turn in the pre-match interview.  The didnt offer any resolution of explanation, but it was nice to see they know it happened.

Rusev vs Swagger IV wasnt anything we havent seen 3 times already over the Summer. Pass.

Ambrose and Wyatt was a bitter let down.  It was a decent enough match but I dont see the point in calling it a TLC match when it was essentially just a street fight.  I believe TLC matches should be contested under Ladder match rules, but thats me.  And the ending.  Holy crap.  It had Russo all over it.

If I hadnt just been spoiled by NXT Takeover (I refused to call it R Evolution because thats just silly) I wouldnt have been as bummed out as I am.  Not the worst PPV of the year but not far off it.

Edit: I've just realised the opening bell didnt sound for the TLC match, so it technically wasnt and official match.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 15 Dec 2014, 5:40 pm

What an opportunity to really promote two things last night in Dolph Ziggler and the Intercontinental Title,  it was the perfect storm, Ziggler has never beem hotter and they took Cena off the Main Event, there was no World Title on show so the IC Title was the big prize of the night.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 15 Dec 2014, 7:48 pm

Yup, Ziggler had to win that match. And they put on a great show and made them both look strong. The commentators did their job too, really built up the title and what it can be. Ziggler was made to sound like a future main eventer, and even though hes been up and had that chance before, hes probably the hottest babyface they have at the moment.

With no Elimination Chamber, they need to find someone to go against Brock Lesnar at "Fast Lane". I think it really has to be defended in the PPVs on the road to WrestleMania, and I wouldn't mind seeing Ziggler take a heroic defeat to Lesnar.

I hope they give him decent opponents. I wouldnt mind seeing him go over Wyatt. The whole underdog survivor thing about Wyatt would work and I think he'd do a good job of selling Wyatt's brutality.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 15 Dec 2014, 8:30 pm

I'm hoping the Wyatt/Ambrose feud is over for now, think what Wyatt needs is a few months of looking good. He's almost consistently since last Wrestlemania looked ridiculous and stupid and he needs a good period of time where he looks threatening again. Even if that means beating people that aren't necessarily high profile guys, think having a few PPVs in a row where he keeps beating people will elevate him more right now than having a feud in which he trades losses and wins with somebody better.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 15 Dec 2014, 9:35 pm

Only person I can think of who wouldnt be embarrassing to feud with is Jack's got $wagger

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 16 Dec 2014, 12:35 am

The recent push and performances of Ziggler have restored my faith in wrestling. Punk has left a huge hole, and it hasnt been filled yet. But with all three members of The Shield showing they warranted every superlative they earned in their trio run, Rowan and Harper both using every bit of talent to make quite restrictive gimmicks quite entertaining, Sandow's determination to remain worthy of a place on the roster, Miz being used perfectly, the craft of Orton and Ziggler now getting some much deserved attention i'm happy to live with the crud around them.

The next man who needs saving is Cody Rhodes who has thrown everything into Stardust and the crowd still love the duo even with their poor booking. I would hope he can get a feud with someone like Ziggler before him and Goldust have a falling out and get their Mania match. I don't want to see the end of Goldust who has performed brilliantly at every step since his return, but its where the run needs to go and it would be a fitting reward for Goldie.

The sketchy endings surrounding Wyatt are a problem. Its a problem that WWE basically has in not daring to put over rising stars against other rising stars. I hope they iron out this indecision before some of the class from NXT comes up cos they are gonna have a lot of rising stars to manage soon.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 16 Dec 2014, 7:03 am

I totally agree Dolph about WWE not really knowing how to book rising stars...I think dodgy wins do more harm than clean losses. WWE needs to realise that a strong loss can sometimes do more for a wrestler than a win.

I loved watching NXT's latest PPV because the talent was great but I instantly worried about those guys when I thought about them being on the main show. With the talent they have in NXT and on the main show WWE needs to almost have another purge of the roster to rid it of the guys who just aren't cutting it anymore.

I know it won't happen but RAW needs to be cut back to two hours because then TV time would be harder to get forcing guys to really earn it instead of being allowed to be in god awful comedy skits. I haven't watched last night's episode but I assume there was an awful skit or three?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 16 Dec 2014, 9:25 am

xviperx wrote:RAW needs to be cut back to two hours

+1

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 16 Dec 2014, 9:28 am

That Intercontinental Title Ladder Match was one of the most physical ladder matches I've ever witnessed! It was the only match I watched but Luke Harper looked incredibly strong and Dolph Ziggler looked like a star and both guys brought prestige and value back to the championship.

The deference between NXT & WWE is two things. #1 NXT don't have to water down what they represent to fill out 3 hours (Is Raw still really 3 hours btw?) Secondly, Vince needs to step aside and let Triple H have total control of the direction Raw is heading in. It's no coincidence that with HHH returning as an on-screen character as seen a great turnaround in some of the booking and storylines. Vince needs to step aside and let HHH bring the product back into the 21st century!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 19 Dec 2014, 5:57 pm

What about the clothesline from Wyatt to Ambrose? That looked vicious!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2