The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dad Wlad

+5
Gentleman01
ONETWOFOREVER
AdamT
Rowley
Coxy001
9 posters

Go down

Dad Wlad Empty Dad Wlad

Post by Guest Mon 15 Dec 2014, 2:34 pm

Nice bit of news for the big man and his good lady

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2872815/Wladimir-Klitschko-fianc-e-Hayden-Panettiere-announce-birth-baby-girl.html

All this talk of Floyd depresses me so, being the most positive minded person on the forum, I thought I'd spread the joy

Back to top Go down

Dad Wlad Empty Re: Dad Wlad

Post by Coxy001 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 2:53 pm

Sorry to pee on your parade Dave, but the kid isn't his. Is mine. Hayden said that he's just not enough of a man for her.

On another positive note isn't he due to retire soon? There's actually not a "bad" young crop of HWs (Fury, Joshua, Stiverne, Wilder et co)... Don't want him to stay around for another 3 years and dominate them into submission whilst making us all fall asleep. Save for his last fight which was remarkably around the average level in terms of action!

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 15 Dec 2014, 2:57 pm

Coxy001 wrote: There's actually not a "bad" young crop of HWs (Fury, Joshua, Stiverne, Wilder et co)...

If they are genuinely not bad one of them will beat Wlad, given how awful we are always told he is. Nothing bespeaks the warrior spirit associated with the greatest prize in sport like sitting on the sidelines hoping someone retires.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 15 Dec 2014, 3:10 pm

Wlad is a top 100 atg heavyweight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 15 Dec 2014, 3:13 pm

He will be the perfect father.

When the baby keeps the parents up in the middle of the night Wlad will just put on one of his many fights and she will be off to sleep in no time Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 3:13 pm

Coxy001 wrote:On another positive note isn't he due to retire soon? There's actually not a "bad" young crop of HWs (Fury, Joshua, Stiverne, Wilder et co)... Don't want him to stay around for another 3 years and dominate them into submission whilst making us all fall asleep. Save for his last fight which was remarkably around the average level in terms of action!

This is a bit of an odd comment, Coxy. Unless you're not being serious and it's completely bypassed me, but now that it seems there are some genuine challenges for Wlad the last thing I want him to do is retire. I want to see Wilder, Joshua, et al have a crack so we can see how good they, and to a lesser extent Wlad, really are!

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 3:21 pm

Rowley wrote:
Coxy001 wrote: There's actually not a "bad" young crop of HWs (Fury, Joshua, Stiverne, Wilder et co)...

If they are genuinely not bad one of them will beat Wlad, given how awful we are always told he is. Nothing bespeaks the warrior spirit associated with the greatest prize in sport like sitting on the sidelines hoping someone retires.

Rowley, there is a begrudging respect on my part for the longevity he's shown for the last 10 years or so.. all whilst barely dropping a round along the way.

One thing I don't think many would dispute is the lack of excitement in his fights. Which to be fair isn't his fault as I wouldn't imagine many would keep ploughing forwards being constantly met with a piledriver of a jab. By not overly endearing himself to the general public (both in terms of action and "charisma" (doesn't exactly talk the talk like a Mayweather or Tyson from back in the day)) it's also unfortunate he's away in that hotbed of boxing in Germany out of the boxing communities gaze.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 3:27 pm

Gentleman01 wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:On another positive note isn't he due to retire soon? There's actually not a "bad" young crop of HWs (Fury, Joshua, Stiverne, Wilder et co)... Don't want him to stay around for another 3 years and dominate them into submission whilst making us all fall asleep. Save for his last fight which was remarkably around the average level in terms of action!

This is a bit of an odd comment, Coxy. Unless you're not being serious and it's completely bypassed me, but now that it seems there are some genuine challenges for Wlad the last thing I want him to do is retire. I want to see Wilder, Joshua, et al have a crack so we can see how good they, and to a lesser extent Wlad, really are!

Thing is, in my eyes, Joshua is the one I'd most favour to beat him and he's 2+ years away unless he suddenly increases the level of opposition pretty quickly. Fury/Stiverne/Wilder/Joshua (and Price if he develops a defense) are all roughly on the same level in terms of ability at present, none in the current guises beat Wlad in my eyes. Comment was just surrounding them all fighting each other with the belts changing hands in fights that wouldn't be described as dreary.

Dominance in sport isn't a particularly good thing. F1, for instance, has had falling viewers all year because of the dominance of Mercedes even if some of the battles between their drivers was at time awesome to watch.

Problem is that with all those belts he has to fight mandatories... and we all know how their somewhat dodgy ranking systems work. It's nigh on guaranteed that his next 4 fights would be the aforementioned fighters, which in part is where the problem lies.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 15 Dec 2014, 3:29 pm

Congratulations to Wlad. I remember an reading interview eons ago that Wlad followed Vitali into everything he did. Mildly surprising that it took him eighteen years to follow brother in knocking someone up.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Dec 2014, 3:30 pm

kingraf wrote:Congratulations to Wlad. I remember an reading  interview eons ago that Wlad followed Vitali into everything he did. Mildly surprising that it took him eighteen years to follow brother in knocking someone up.
Following that rationale it should also take Wlad 18 years to fight someone of the caliber of Lennox Lewis (Anthony Joshua if Eddie's hyperbole is to be believed)

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 3:37 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
kingraf wrote:Congratulations to Wlad. I remember an reading  interview eons ago that Wlad followed Vitali into everything he did. Mildly surprising that it took him eighteen years to follow brother in knocking someone up.
Following that rationale it should also take Wlad 18 years to fight someone of the caliber of Lennox Lewis (Anthony Joshua if Eddie's hyperbole is to be believed)

You mean David Haye isn't on Lewis's level?! Erm

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 3:52 pm

I wonder if a video will surface of the doctor who delivered the baby slowly turning around, peeling off his mask in a sinister fashion and revealing himself to actually be none other than Shannon Briggs screaming, "Let's go champ! Let's go CHAMP! Wherever you go, I go champ! Sign the contract! Let's go CHAMP!"

Anyway, congratulations to Wlad and his significantly better looking half.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Dec 2014, 3:56 pm

Coxy001 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

You mean David Haye isn't on Lewis's level?! Erm
Eddie hasn't said so, therefore, it must be true

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Dec 2014, 3:59 pm

88Chris05 wrote:I wonder if a video will surface of the doctor who delivered the baby slowly turning around, peeling off his mask in a sinister fashion and revealing himself to actually be none other than Shannon Briggs screaming, "Let's go champ! Let's go CHAMP! Wherever you go, I go champ! Sign the contract! Let's go CHAMP!"

Anyway, congratulations to Wlad and his significantly better looking half.
Only thing more sinister would be Hayden peeling off her mask to reveal Shannon Briggs face underneath.

You know for a fact, Briggs will now start making offensive remarks about Baby Klit (that sounds very wrong doesn't it...may have to rethink that one) and Wlad will be "forced" to fight him to avenge his family's honour...or some such sh!t

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Tue 16 Dec 2014, 9:16 am

I can't imagine giving birth to a baby Klitschko was much fun for 5'1" Hayden Panettiere. As much as they are an incredibly odd couple on the face of it, they always seem relatively normal as people.

You have to think that at 38 years of age, having been champ for so long, this will tip Wlad over the edge into retirement. Maybe two more big fights before he calls it quits?

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 16 Dec 2014, 11:05 am

jbeadlesbigrighthand wrote:I can't imagine giving birth to a baby Klitschko was much fun for 5'1" Hayden Panettiere. As much as they are an incredibly odd couple on the face of it, they always seem relatively normal as people.

You have to think that at 38 years of age, having been champ for so long, this will tip Wlad over the edge into retirement. Maybe two more big fights before he calls it quits?

Or one big loss. So in other words another 10 years!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down