The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Funny Joke

+11
88Chris05
AdamT
Derbymanc
ONETWOFOREVER
jimdig
Strongback
kingraf
milkyboy
ShahenshahG
Dipper Brown
hazharrison
15 posters

Go down

Funny Joke Empty Funny Joke

Post by hazharrison Mon 15 Dec 2014, 4:29 pm

Floyd Mayweather: "That's a joke that I always say amongst my camp. I say, "Nothing or no one is perfect." Then I say, "You know what? God only made one thing perfect and that's my boxing record (laughing)." It's just a joke we always say."

Is he the funniest boxer of all time?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Funny Joke Empty Re: Funny Joke

Post by Dipper Brown Mon 15 Dec 2014, 4:52 pm

I think you had to be there.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 15 Dec 2014, 4:52 pm

hazharrison wrote:Floyd Mayweather: "That's a joke that I always say amongst my camp. I say, "Nothing or no one is perfect." Then I say, "You know what? God only made one thing perfect and that's my boxing record (laughing)." It's just a joke we always say."

Is he the funniest boxer of all time?

Wit beyond measure is mans greatest treasure. Thats why he has all that treasure - hoping the latter gives him the former.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Dec 2014, 5:10 pm

Hope Joe Calzaghe sues him...then punches him in the face!

Or just punches him in the face..............

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 15 Dec 2014, 5:20 pm

Thanks for sharing that. I've only just had the stitches out from being forced to watch a Michael McIntyre sketch, and floyd's gone and ripped my sides open again.

P4P ATG wittiest boxers:

1 money may
2 tex  Cobb
3. Ali

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 15 Dec 2014, 5:21 pm

milkyboy wrote:Thanks for sharing that. I've only just had the stitches out from being forced to watch a Michael McIntyre sketch, and floyd's gone and ripped my sides open again.

P4P ATG wittiest boxers:

Undisputed Champion Waingro
1 money may
2 tex  Cobb
3. Ali

Accuracy milky accuracy

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 15 Dec 2014, 5:30 pm

It's funny, because it's true!!
Well, it's true.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 15 Dec 2014, 5:43 pm

Waingro has the p4p ATG wittiest diamond emeritus belt

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 15 Dec 2014, 5:51 pm

milkyboy wrote:Waingro has the p4p ATG wittiest diamond emeritus belt

Do you think he'd as easily consent to donning a noose if we sound a suitably glitzy name for it

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 15 Dec 2014, 6:24 pm

I get a little teary eyed at the mention of his name shah. The place was more fun with waingro here. His brother hayemaker's here, but it's just not the same.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 15 Dec 2014, 6:33 pm

milkyboy wrote:I get a little teary eyed at the mention of his name shah. The place was more fun with waingro here. His brother hayemaker's here, but it's just not the same.

I know what you mean, too much spite involved in disputes here rather than the witty and sometimes surreal banter often triggered by Waingros astute observations.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 15 Dec 2014, 6:42 pm

What was funny was when RA Rugged Man tore Floyd a new ar$ehole.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 15 Dec 2014, 9:35 pm

I wonder what floyd would make of his record if it included DQ/NC's for the Judah and Ortiz fights.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 16 Dec 2014, 4:45 am

Yeah ets all laugh at the man who has SAVED boxing.

Had Mayweather retired like he said he would after the Hatton fight I am sure this sport we love would have been dismantled by now.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 16 Dec 2014, 7:53 am

Are you joking OneTwo?

Ridiculous hyperbole at it's best.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 16 Dec 2014, 8:49 am

DQ'd for Judah because of that idiot uncle maybe but to suggest he should of been dq'd against that scumbag Ortiz is a joke.

Think what you want about Floyd but it was a disgrace what Ortiz did. He should of been dq'd or better yet, put in the ring with GGG for a beating and recieve no pay.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 16 Dec 2014, 9:18 am

I think Richard Steele just used a bit of common sense in the Judah fight (for once in his career!). Even if he didn't say 'time out' or words to that effect before Uncle Roger stormed the ring (if he did say it just before then it wipes out any grounds for an automatic DQ anyway), the fact is the fight was halted because of a foul on Mayweather by Judah - and a bad foul at that. Disqualifying Mayweather on that basis would really have been taking the rules to the extreme and would have been harsh on Floyd.

As for the Ortiz fight - only one fighter broke any rules there, and it wasn't Mayweather. You could argue that what Floyd did was a bit nasty and not sportsmanlike, but then again neither is a blatant headbutt, which is what Ortiz did to cause the commotion in the first place. If Ortiz is too daft to protect himself at all times once the fight is back underway then more fool him. There are plenty of fighters who wouldn't have taken advantage of that the way Mayweather did - but that doesn't mean that Mayweather doing so was totally wrong in its own right.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 16 Dec 2014, 9:20 am

88Chris05 wrote:I think Richard Steele just used a bit of common sense in the Judah fight (for once in his career!). Even if he didn't say 'time out' or words to that effect before Uncle Roger stormed the ring (if he did say it just before then it wipes out any grounds for an automatic DQ anyway), the fact is the fight was halted because of a foul on Mayweather by Judah - and a bad foul at that. Disqualifying Mayweather on that basis would really have been taking the rules to the extreme and would have been harsh on Floyd.

As for the Ortiz fight - only one fighter broke any rules there, and it wasn't Mayweather. You could argue that what Floyd did was a bit nasty and not sportsmanlike, but then again neither is a blatant headbutt, which is what Ortiz did to cause the commotion in the first place. If Ortiz is too daft to protect himself at all times once the fight is back underway then more fool him. There are plenty of fighters who wouldn't have taken advantage of that the way Mayweather did - but that doesn't mean that Mayweather doing so was totally wrong in its own right.

Mayweather done right. Floyd had the right to stomp on his head for fighting like a wee street rat.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Tue 16 Dec 2014, 9:22 am

His entourage aren't doing him any favours here. They'd laugh at anything he says.
'they all laughed when I said I wanted to be a comedian, well they're not laughing anymore'
RIP Bob

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 16 Dec 2014, 9:29 am

To be fair Ortiz had what was coming to him. Bit of a shame how he turned out as had the attributes to go places. Provided one of the great rounds in recent memory against Berto and Steward's reaction of "Ohhhh maaa gawwwwd". Mentally all in the wrong places save for a couple of fights.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 16 Dec 2014, 10:23 am

RanjitPatel wrote:His entourage aren't doing him any favours here. They'd laugh at anything he says.
'they all laughed when I said I wanted to be a comedian, well they're not laughing anymore'
RIP Bob

Probably my favourite monkhouse line. Fine work ranjit, for weaving it seamlessly into a mayweather thread.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Thu 18 Dec 2014, 12:49 pm

Compare that to an Ali funny and you see how truly cringe it is. That Mayweather is an idiot outside of the ring. Genius in it.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Dec 2014, 2:57 pm

milkyboy wrote:
RanjitPatel wrote:His entourage aren't doing him any favours here. They'd laugh at anything he says.
RIP Bob

Probably my favourite monkhouse line. Fine work ranjit, for weaving it seamlessly into a mayweather thread.
My fav Monkhouse joke, "I still enjoy sex at 76...well I only live at 72 so it's not far to walk"

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy glitter pants Thu 18 Dec 2014, 6:29 pm

I'm back

jimmy glitter pants

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu 18 Dec 2014, 10:34 pm

88Chris05 wrote:I think Richard Steele just used a bit of common sense in the Judah fight (for once in his career!). Even if he didn't say 'time out' or words to that effect before Uncle Roger stormed the ring (if he did say it just before then it wipes out any grounds for an automatic DQ anyway), the fact is the fight was halted because of a foul on Mayweather by Judah - and a bad foul at that. Disqualifying Mayweather on that basis would really have been taking the rules to the extreme and would have been harsh on Floyd.

Totally agree chris. I think in both cases the right decisions were made. But it's not beyond the realms of possibility that a different ref, could have nc'd the Judah fight, called the whole thing off, a DQ for Ortiz is a bit of a reach. Ortiz wasn't even upset. 

Now I don't think either would have been right. I was just wondering if mayweather would have a different ego if an officiating error blemished his record. It was a retorical post really.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down