The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ospreys Vs Ulster Dan Lydiate to make his debut

+18
George Carlin
IanBru
Rory_Gallagher
VinceWLB
geoff998rugby
Artful_Dodger
The Great Aukster
GavinDragon
bedfordwelsh
wayne
Seagultaf
PenfroPete
MrsP
Pete330v2
SecretFly
The Saint
Notch
LordDowlais
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ospreys Vs Ulster Dan Lydiate to make his debut Empty Ospreys Vs Ulster Dan Lydiate to make his debut

Post by LordDowlais Wed 17 Dec 2014, 11:16 am

Well I am looking forward to this one, I will be going to the game as well, how do you reckon this one will go ? Do Ulster have any injury worries ?

The Welshmen have won their last seven PRO12 matches at Liberty Stadium since Munster were the visitors in February.

Ulster's last six Guinness PRO12 matches have all been won by the home side on the day whilst their only away win in any tournament since May came in Cardiff on 19th September - this is their only victory in Wales since October 2013.

Ospreys have beaten Ulster just once in their last six encounters: 16-12 in Belfast in February 2013. The Ulstermen have not been victorious in Swansea since September 2011.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/30502717

The teams have not been announced yet, but I would expect a good game of rugby here.

Venue: Liberty Stadium Date: Saturday, 20 December Kick-off: 17:15 GMT

Referee: Neil Paterson (SRU, 65th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Nigel Owens, Chris Williams (both WRU)
Citing Commissioner: John Charles (WRU)
TMO: Tim Hayes (WRU)

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Ospreys Vs Ulster Dan Lydiate to make his debut Empty Re: Ospreys Vs Ulster Dan Lydiate to make his debut

Post by Notch Wed 17 Dec 2014, 11:19 am

Ulster have many injury worries. To sum up, we are missing at least seven or eight first choice players and many other squad players.

With three or four of those guys back I'd be reasonably confident but I fear the lack of depth in certain areas like the back row and at tight head will just be too much of a handicap. We saw that against Scarlets, especially with regards to the scrum being seriously affected by the absence of Herbst.

Last edited by Notch on Wed 17 Dec 2014, 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Ospreys Vs Ulster Dan Lydiate to make his debut Empty Re: Ospreys Vs Ulster Dan Lydiate to make his debut

Post by LordDowlais Wed 17 Dec 2014, 11:23 am

Notch wrote:Ulster have many injury worries. To sum up, we are missing at least seven or eight first choice players and many other squad players.

Ouch, even with the Ospreys injuries I can only see one result on Saturday then. I hope we can see a side with both Lydiate and Tipps starting. Yahoo

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 17 Dec 2014, 12:20 pm

Any win over an Irish team that involves Lydiate usually results in some Irish anti-Lydiate parade, so this one will be interesting if Ospreys win as it will be the first in a while.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 17 Dec 2014, 12:56 pm

Irish Anti-Lydiate parade?

First I genuinely heard of it.

What do them fellas parade about? Wots' on the banners?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:08 pm

Mind you it looks like we'll have to queue up behind 'The Saint's' usual anti-Irish parade.

I don't what to put on the banners, nothing rhymes with Lydiate Sad

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:10 pm

The banners will say,

"Support those unfortunate souls who are suffering from a persecution complex!"

But...

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:33 pm

Can we not just talk about Saturday's match ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:39 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Ospreys have beaten Ulster just once in their last six encounters: 16-12 in Belfast in February 2013. The Ulstermen have not been victorious in Swansea since September 2011.

Was thinking that info didn't ring true - http://www.pro12rugby.com/matchcentre/13016.php

To be fair the give the same on the Pro 12 sight http://www.pro12rugby.com/matchcentre/16239.php (Queue "someone" chipping in with 'joke league')
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:11 pm

Lydiate on a dual contract is good business for the Ospreys, he has hardly played in France this season so they will have the bulk of their 16 games available for what is 40% of just over half a season's salary.

I suspect the problem with the bulk of the (12) players reputably been offered dual contracts is that they have already played the bulk of their allocated 16 Regional games. If the Region agrees to the dual contracts they will probably need to recruit another player immediately to cover the games that their stars are not available.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:29 pm

I expect a good ounce of ref-blaming too should Ulster lose, just like they did when they lost to Scarlets with a neutral ref. Also why is it some Irish posters on here are so convinced of their own righteousness and dismiss all opposing views as wrong? (not necessarily related to this thread, yet...). Disrespectful if you ask me.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:32 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Can we not just talk about Saturday's match ?

Saint just doesn't seem to want to talk about the match, Lord... Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:34 pm

Does anybody know the likely teams for Saturday ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:35 pm

The Saint wrote:Also why is it some Irish posters on here are so convinced of their own righteousness and dismiss all opposing views as wrong? (not necessarily related to this thread, yet...). Disrespectful if you ask me.

Dismiss all Opposing views as ones they don't share, perhaps?  That's obviously the definition of 'opposite' anyway.  You can hardly pretend you share a view that's already opposed to your own view simply to show 'respect'?

It's hardly how all this thing works, Saint?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:38 pm

Our probable Team
15 Evans 1st
14 Walker 1st
13 Beck 1st or 2nd
12 Matavesi 1st
11 Dirksen 2nd or 3rd
10 Biggar 1st
9 Webb 1st
1 Thomas 5th
2 Baldwin 1st
3 Arhip 1st
4 Bernardo 2nd or 3rd
5 AWJ 1st
6 King 1st or 2nd
7 Tipuric Ist
8 Ardron 3rd or 4th
Replacements Parry, Thomas 6th choice, Suter 4th choice at best, Lydiate, Lewis, Roberts, Davies and could be Bishop or Grabham, so basically we are down in about 5 or 6 positions and are seriously compromised at loose head and very well could be at tight head, so Ulster losing their tighthead shouldn't be to much of a problem, this is a game that we really have to win after our recent losses and teams breathing down our knecks, there is an even bigger reason why we could lose this game, I will not be there, Grandaughters birthday and HAVE to go to that.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:39 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Does anybody know the likely teams for Saturday ?

I think it'll be a long day for Ulster going on present form if Ospreys decide they want to put the boot down and in. I'm not sure likely teams will change the texture of that for now.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:54 pm

Thats not a bad side wayne, are both Morgan Allen and Dan Baker injured ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:55 pm

[quote="Seagultaf"]Lydiate on a dual contract is good business for the Ospreys, he has hardly played in France this season so they will have the bulk of their 16 games available for what is 40% of just over half a season's salary.

Surely the amount of games he had or hadn't played in France would have had little affect as they wouldn't have been under the DC agreement.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:59 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Thats not a bad side wayne, are both Morgan Allen and Dan Baker injured ?
Yes and so is Joe Bearman who would fill in at 8 before Ardron, even though IMO he was superb as were Tips and King last week.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:00 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
Seagultaf wrote:Lydiate on a dual contract is good business for the Ospreys, he has hardly played in France this season so they will have the bulk of their 16 games available for what is 40% of just over half a season's salary.

Surely the amount of games he had or hadn't played in France would have had little affect as they wouldn't have been under the DC agreement.  

Not sure of the point you are making Bedford, press reports have stated (in relation to Warburton's dual contract) is that he is limited to 16 games per season for his Region. If Lydiate has played lets say 4 games for Racing than surely that leaves 12 for the Ospreys.........doesn't it?

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:01 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Thats not a bad side wayne, are both Morgan Allen and Dan Baker injured ?

Is Iuean Jones still on loan with you?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:03 pm

Seagultaf wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:
Seagultaf wrote:Lydiate on a dual contract is good business for the Ospreys, he has hardly played in France this season so they will have the bulk of their 16 games available for what is 40% of just over half a season's salary.

Not sure of the point you are making Bedford, press reports have stated (in relation to Warburton's dual contract) is that he is limited to 16 games per season for his Region. If Lydiate has played lets say 4 games for Racing than surely that leaves 12 for the Ospreys.........doesn't it?

Racing wouldn't have been part of any contract between Ospreys and WRU though. 16 games per season for his region. His region is Ospreys. I'm not sure Ospreys would have allowed a sub clause just for them taking into account Racing.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:06 pm

Fly,

Thank you for explaining it better for me but yeah thats my thoughts the games he played in France won't count to his 16 for the Region surely will they?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:07 pm

12 players injured in total LD
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:13 pm

The problem I have with this situation, is nobody knows how long each of these contracts are for, if it is on a yearly basis there is no need for some of these reported players to be DC, if they are coming to the end of their present contract I can understand signing them up, these players have to have a contract for more than a year, for life security, think this has a WRU ring about it, a right ROYAL man sausage up.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:17 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:

Yes BW, until after the 6N, and with the interview he gave Ospreys TV and comments by our coaches he could be signed long term next season, he must have done something badly wrong at the Blues for them to discard him so easily

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:18 pm

PenfroPete wrote:

What about Ulster, does anybody know how many they have injured ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:21 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Seagultaf wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

Racing wouldn't have been part of any contract between Ospreys and WRU though.  16 games per season for his region.  His region is Ospreys.  I'm not sure Ospreys would have allowed a sub clause just for them taking into account Racing.

On that basis SecretFly, its an even better deal for the Ospreys 16 games for just over half of 40% of his salary. Although I suspect that the devil is in the detail and the games he has already played may yet come into the equation.

The idea of the 16 games, as I understand it, is that players are rested and don't burn out. I mean what if JD2 goes back to the Scarlets on a DC in February, will that mean he can play 16 games for the Scarlets, which by then will probably mean every game?

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:24 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
PenfroPete wrote:

If you listen to their fans, 50!

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:26 pm

SecretFly wrote:
The Saint wrote:Also why is it some Irish posters on here are so convinced of their own righteousness and dismiss all opposing views as wrong? (not necessarily related to this thread, yet...). Disrespectful if you ask me.

Dismiss all Opposing views as ones they don't share, perhaps?  That's obviously the definition of 'opposite' anyway.  You can hardly pretend you share a view that's already opposed to your own view simply to show 'respect'?

It's hardly how all this thing works, Saint?

This isn't politics or religion. You can discuss and disagree rather than be so dismissive.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:28 pm

wayne wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

Yes BW, until after the 6N, and with the interview he gave Ospreys TV and comments by our coaches he could be signed long term next season, he must have done something badly wrong at the Blues for them to discard him so easily

He was discarded by us first. I never understood why, I always rated him. If Toby gets a DC then we would really need guys like Jones.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:30 pm

The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

He was discarded by us first. I never understood why, I always rated him. If Toby gets a DC then we would really need guys like Jones.

I do not know the guy but my first impression must be attitude, he definately has the ability

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 3:59 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
PenfroPete wrote:

Herbst, Henderson, Henry, Williams, Jackson, Olding, McCloskey, Payne, Trimble and scholes.

Might not get the bonus point win then Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:24 pm

The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

Saint, from what I've seen of him, he will make a good addition to our squad, if we can get Tips to re-sign, I think we will have enough for next season, Tips, Lewis and King in an emergency to cover 7, Lydiate, King, Ardron, Cracknell and even Lewis has covered for us at 6 this season, and Baker, Allen, Ardron, Jones and i suspect Lydiate to cover 8, King and Ardron have even played in the 2nd row for us already this and last season and we have blooded a few youngsters in both the 2nd row and back row already this season, you HAVE to have these numbers to compete at a decent level

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:29 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
PenfroPete wrote:

11 total I think;

Wiehahn Herbst
Iain Henderson
Chris Henry
Nick Williams
Paddy Jackson
Stuart Olding
Stuart McCloskey
Jared Payne
Andrew Trimble
Rory Scholes
Ricky Lutton

Thats my estimate, I am very open to correction by anyone who knows better.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:40 pm

Seagultaf wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Seagultaf wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

Racing wouldn't have been part of any contract between Ospreys and WRU though.  16 games per season for his region.  His region is Ospreys.  I'm not sure Ospreys would have allowed a sub clause just for them taking into account Racing.

On that basis SecretFly, its an even better deal for the Ospreys 16 games for just over half of 40% of his salary. Although I suspect that the devil is in the detail and the games he has already played may yet come into the equation.

The idea of the 16 games, as I understand it, is that players are rested and don't burn out. I mean what if JD2 goes back to the Scarlets on a DC in February, will that mean he can play 16 games for the Scarlets, which by then will probably mean every game?

Look at it the other way: if they counted the games in France, and Lydiate had played 16 out there, then he would not be able to play for the Ospreys until next season!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:41 pm

The Saint wrote:I expect a good ounce of ref-blaming too should Ulster lose, just like they did when they lost to Scarlets with a neutral ref. Also why is it some Irish posters on here are so convinced of their own righteousness and dismiss all opposing views as wrong? (not necessarily related to this thread, yet...). Disrespectful if you ask me.

Don't worry Ulster will win by 5 points but the ref blaming scales will still tip at a weighty half a pound, Paterson is such a homer he's more latin than Scot.

As a matter of interest presumably you don't dismiss opposing views as wrong, as that would be hypocritical given your statement above? If you don't dismiss opposing views as wrong then those views could be right - which would make your views wrong if they are the opposite. Therefore if in your view something is disrespectful, it could actually be respectful. Wink

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 17 Dec 2014, 7:21 pm

wayne wrote:
The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

Saint, from what I've seen of him, he will make a good addition to our squad, if we can get Tips to re-sign, I think we will have enough for next season, Tips, Lewis and King in an emergency to cover 7, Lydiate, King, Ardron, Cracknell and even Lewis has covered for us at 6 this season, and Baker, Allen, Ardron, Jones and i suspect Lydiate to cover 8, King and Ardron have even played in the 2nd row for us already this and last season and we have blooded a few youngsters in both the 2nd row and back row already this season, you HAVE to have these numbers to compete at a decent level

Yes, you're spot on, it would be a smart move to offer him a contract for next season, unless he suffers a severe dip in form which I don't think will happen. This guy was taking Bayonne apart at 19 years old, I don't know why our regional coaches don't rate him as highly as I. You should maybe look for more depth at No.2, lock, half-backs and wing as well - or just hope for less injuries, your squad hasn't had much luck with that so far this season.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 17 Dec 2014, 7:25 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:
The Saint wrote:I expect a good ounce of ref-blaming too should Ulster lose, just like they did when they lost to Scarlets with a neutral ref. Also why is it some Irish posters on here are so convinced of their own righteousness and dismiss all opposing views as wrong? (not necessarily related to this thread, yet...). Disrespectful if you ask me.

Don't worry Ulster will win by 5 points but the ref blaming scales will still tip at a weighty half a pound, Paterson is such a homer he's more latin than Scot.

As a matter of interest presumably you don't dismiss opposing views as wrong, as that would be hypocritical given your statement above? If you don't dismiss opposing views as wrong then those views could be right - which would make your views wrong if they are the opposite. Therefore if in your view something is disrespectful, it could actually be respectful. Wink

The usual then.
Also, it's not really clear where you're going with that argument? I was referring to the discussion of ref decisions btw, those can't be discussed without Irish getting on their high horse and acting like know-it-all's telling everyone else how wrong they are with snide, arrogant comments. If the Welsh dare act that way this place becomes WWIII (that's assuming you haven't already accused us of blaming the ref if we try engaging in a discussion which involves the officials' performance). Go and see the Scarlets vs Ulster thread for confirmation of that.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 17 Dec 2014, 9:28 pm

The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:
The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

Yes, you're spot on, it would be a smart move to offer him a contract for next season, unless he suffers a severe dip in form which I don't think will happen. This guy was taking Bayonne apart at 19 years old, I don't know why our regional coaches don't rate him as highly as I. You should maybe look for more depth at No.2, lock, half-backs and wing as well - or just hope for less injuries, your squad hasn't had much luck with that so far this season.
What I like about him is he doesn't always look for contact same as Baker, he tries a little step a yard or two before contact, as for the other positions you mention, if we can get your old boy Parry to throw in better and with Otten the U20 coming through we could be alright, Parry is very good in contact as good as Baldwin in fact, 2nd row we were unfortunate with Steenkamp's injury and there is another injury with if you don't mind I shall not share with you, we definetly need another 9, Roberts is not physical enough for me, he has lost his tendency to niggle which is a good thing, and I know you don't like Sam Davies, he had to fill in at full back after Fussell had a couple of brain farts last season, but we as a whole are happy with Sam's progress, we also need a wing or full back cover, Evans has been absolutely outstanding, people are already talking about him as Player of the season for us, we actually have 3 or 4 very good wingers ATM, if we get another who can cover for F/B, I tell you what you can have Ben John back and we'll take Hallom off your hands, that's a fair deal yes.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Wed 17 Dec 2014, 9:52 pm

The Saint wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:

The usual then.
Also, it's not really clear where you're going with that argument? I was referring to the discussion of ref decisions btw, those can't be discussed without Irish getting on their high horse and acting like know-it-all's telling everyone else how wrong they are with snide, arrogant comments. If the Welsh dare act that way this place becomes WWIII (that's assuming you haven't already accused us of blaming the ref if we try engaging in a discussion which involves the officials' performance). Go and see the Scarlets vs Ulster thread for confirmation of that.

The usual then.
Xenophobia - an unreasonable fear or hatred of foreigners or strangers or of that which is foreign or strange.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 17 Dec 2014, 11:18 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:
The Saint wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:

The usual then.

The usual then.
Xenophobia - an unreasonable fear or hatred of foreigners or strangers or of that which is foreign or strange.

I don't really consider Irish unique in that regard, sorry to disappoint. But yeah, they speak the same language and drink as much as us, nothing to fear there. All the Irish birds I've met fancied me as well.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 17 Dec 2014, 11:23 pm

wayne wrote:
The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:
The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

What I like about him is he doesn't always look for contact same as Baker, he tries a little step a yard or two before contact, as for the other positions you mention, if we can get your old boy Parry to throw in better and with Otten the U20 coming through we could be alright, Parry is very good in contact as good as Baldwin in fact, 2nd row we were unfortunate with Steenkamp's injury and there is another injury with if you don't mind I shall not share with you, we definetly need another 9, Roberts is not physical enough for me, he has lost his tendency to niggle which is a good thing, and I know you don't like Sam Davies, he had to fill in at full back after Fussell had a couple of brain farts last season, but we as a whole are happy with Sam's progress, we also need a wing or full back cover, Evans has been absolutely outstanding, people are already talking about him as Player of the season for us, we actually have 3 or 4 very good wingers ATM, if we get another who can cover for F/B, I tell you what you can have Ben John back and we'll take Hallom off your hands, that's a fair deal yes.  

The rate in which your LHs and locks are getting injured is quite extraordinary. I actually forgot about Otten, but I rate him very highly remembering what I've seen of him. That TH who partnered him and Smith in the U20s front row looked good as well. Behind Davies (10) and Evans (15) there doesn't seem to be sufficient cover, which is why I suggested those areas, while also bearing in mind Webb and Biggar should be away with Wales more often in the future. I wouldn't mind keeping Ben John, but not for Amos. You can have Prydie back though, or Lee Byrne Very Happy.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 18 Dec 2014, 5:20 am

The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

Saint,

I agree but did we let him go or did he want to go etc, I was of the understanding it was the latter, what with Taulupe there he was never really going to be 1st choice and at the time Copeland had announced he was leaving the Blues so maybe he thought here is his chance for 1st team rugby.

Unfortunately for him it didn't work out at the Blues for whatever reason, good he's down at the Os now but if Baker continues his form then Jones is likely to be a bench warmer there to.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:10 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:
The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

Saint,

I agree but did we let him go or did he want to go etc, I was of the understanding it was the latter, what with Taulupe there he was never really going to be 1st choice and at the time Copeland had announced he was leaving the Blues so maybe he thought here is his chance for 1st team rugby.

Unfortunately for him it didn't work out at the Blues for whatever reason, good he's down at the Os now but if Baker continues his form then Jones is likely to be a bench warmer there to.

You still need a good back-up though. And who knows, in time he could oust those who are first choice at No.8. That's two decent 8s that have slipped our nets and gone to Ospreys now.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 18 Dec 2014, 11:51 am

The Saint wrote:
I don't really consider Irish unique in that regard, sorry to disappoint. But yeah, they speak the same language and drink as much as us, nothing to fear there. All the Irish birds I've met fancied me as well.

....maybe Saint, you just thought they fancied you because they kept saying "You're right" about every topic you talked about? Wink The Irish, they'll go out of their way to make people feel comfortable

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Thu 18 Dec 2014, 12:02 pm

The Saint wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:

The usual then.

No No No, it's the Ulster v Scarlets thread that had the accusations of 'homer ref' and references as to how Ulster only won because of the ref. I think everyone on the Scarlets v Ulster thread were in agreement that the reffing was rubbish but that the best team won. Smile There, fixed

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 18 Dec 2014, 12:48 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:
The Saint wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:

The usual then.

No No No, it's the Ulster v Scarlets thread that had the accusations of 'homer ref' and references as to how Ulster only won because of the ref. I think everyone on the Scarlets v Ulster thread were in agreement that the reffing was rubbish but that the best team won. Smile There, fixed

Quite the opposite, as I didn't see any Scarlets fans bat an eye-lid. Unless you're counting dimwit Dave, I can't remember if he did but I didn't think anyone took him seriously.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 18 Dec 2014, 12:50 pm

SecretFly wrote:
The Saint wrote:

....maybe Saint, you just thought they fancied you because they kept saying "You're right" about every topic you talked about? Wink  The Irish, they'll go out of their way to make people feel comfortable

Don't be jealous.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 18 Dec 2014, 12:52 pm

Jealous over Irish women????

My God, the slip is slipping Saint. You like us more than you pretend Wink You're right - Irish women are divine, and sorely ill-served by the male equivalent Cool

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next