The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January Transfer Window Thread 14-15 season

+27
JDizzle
BamBam
Mat
GSC
Roller_Coaster
Hero
lfc91
FootballLight
Good Golly I'm Olly
Gerry SA
Ent
Hammersmith harrier
super_realist
guildfordbat
hampo17
freemo
Marky
Dolphin Ziggler
nadeem2099
Liam
westisbest
compelling and rich
Crimey
kingraf
VDT
NickisBHAFC
Fernando
31 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

January Transfer Window Thread 14-15 season - Page 5 Empty January Transfer Window Thread 14-15 season

Post by Fernando Sun 28 Dec 2014, 4:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

With it opening in in a few days time who would you like to see your club bring in?

Elijero Elia has joined Southampton on Loan to go through on Jan 3
Nelson Oliviera has joined Swansea on loan to go through on Jan 3

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

January Transfer Window Thread 14-15 season - Page 5 Empty Re: January Transfer Window Thread 14-15 season

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jan 2015, 6:16 pm

John wrote:Surprise, Surprise. We've got too many points for Ashley to be concerned & for him to get his wallet out.

That must be so frustrating as a fan. If you had 22 points, you'd go out & spend £10m. The fact you've got that gap, with 27 points, he feels it's uneccessary to purchase.

Chelsea in talks with Cuardrado, must be the end of Salah & Schurrle? Must admit, I'm not sure about this player, if he was so good, surely he would of been signed before now & he's nearly 27. Usually, World Cup stars fail to live up to the heights at their club.

Back to top Go down

January Transfer Window Thread 14-15 season - Page 5 Empty Re: January Transfer Window Thread 14-15 season

Post by FootballLight Wed 21 Jan 2015, 6:41 pm

lfc91 wrote:
LiamB wrote:I doubt Varane is available for £20m, he started at the weekend. He's not as good as what people think he is, constantly makes mistakes on the ball & then just uses his pace to get out of the bad situation he's made for himself.

That sounds exactly like Lovren...minus the pace to get himself out of his many mistakes

Lovren has good positioning to be fair to him and isn't bad at winning a header either. Everything else is fairly average for Liverpool at the moment but again, it's the expectation that has got to him.

I think you are underrating Varane. He's still only young playing for the most famous club in the world, of course he will make mistakes. How many mistakes have we seen off more experienced defenders before? Plenty. He is still top class and I'm sure it would be a coup of a signing for United.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 21 Jan 2015, 6:47 pm

Varane isn't an idiot. He knows Pepe is 33, and Madrid almost never spend money on people with even a loose affinity for defence (the last time we needed a defender we got Marcelo). His time will come. He just needs to be ready.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Wed 21 Jan 2015, 6:53 pm

Mistakes happen with the weight of expectation for such a huge club. He'll be in the firing line as the world's best defender very soon.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 21 Jan 2015, 7:07 pm

Chelsea in talks with Fiorentina over Juan Cuadrado rumored to be around 26m

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Wed 21 Jan 2015, 7:10 pm

Probably not true. Why do they need to sign anyone and especially more attacking players? Unless, they are planning to sell both Schurrle and Salah. Salah would be a coup for any Premier division side apart from the top 2 and Arsenal really and I'll be surprised to not see Liverpool in the hunt for someone like Schurrle really. Just what they could use. Both top players.

Then again, Cuadrado was rumoured to be leaving for figures of £60m+ in the summer. There's the Sun for you again then.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 21 Jan 2015, 7:14 pm

This is on Sky Sports News not the Sun Whistle

Salah at a minimum will be gone for my money tbh. Weather Cuadrado wants to sit on the bench behind Willian is another question.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Wed 21 Jan 2015, 7:24 pm

Well we are trusting Sky sources then. I think Cuadrado is better than Willian to be honest at the moment and certainly Willian could do a really good role in AM as well I think. Salah will probably head out of the door for something like £10m or maybe even a loan (with an option to buy) to a Premier League club. Any mid table sides should be licking their lips to try and get him, especially Liverpool.

-Hazard-Oscar-Willian-

OR

-Cuadrado-Schurrle-Salah

Yikes Cricky! They are both terrifying!

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jan 2015, 7:32 pm

Any midtable team will be licking their lips at getting Salah. You serious? Apart from his pace, he's looked abysmal, can hardly hit a barn door & against Shrewsbury in the LC, put in one of the worst performances I've ever seen. Salah is ordinary. Cuardrado better than Willian? Again, very questionable, especially for that wide role asked by Jose. Willian is massively unappreciated, Cuardrado will offer more pace but Cuardrado is hardly a consistent goal scorer.

To me, this just looks like they've admitted Salah was a huge mistake & now hope this one works out. Does it take Chelsea to another level spending nearly £30m on this player. Not for me. As LiamB stated, World Cup stars usually fail to replicate WC form. I'd like to know a Chelsea fans view on this potential deal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 21 Jan 2015, 7:34 pm

Lot of noise I've heard is that it is based on the notion of Schurrle leaving. Which I feel he deserves cos hes better than limited Chelsea appearances

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 21 Jan 2015, 7:36 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/jan/20/mike-ashley-sports-direct-newcastle-rangers

Mike Ashley is selling a 2.6% stake in Sports Direct, worth £117m, in a deal with US bank Goldman Sachs.

The sale of the 15.4m shares, which will reduce his total stake to 55%, is likely to fuel rumours that the Newcastle United owner is preparing to offer cash-strapped Scottish football team Rangers a £10m emergency loan.

He cant afford to be giving Newcastle money, hes got some Scots to help out/interest r***

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Wed 21 Jan 2015, 7:40 pm

John wrote:Any midtable team will be licking their lips at getting Salah. You serious? Apart from his pace, he's looked abysmal, can hardly hit a barn door & against Shrewsbury in the LC, put in one of the worst performances I've ever seen. Salah is ordinary. Cuardrado better than Willian? Again, very questionable, especially for that wide role asked by Jose. Willian is massively unappreciated, Cuardrado will offer more pace but Cuardrado is hardly a consistent goal scorer.

To me, this just looks like they've admitted Salah was a huge mistake & now hope this one works out. Does it take Chelsea to another level spending nearly £30m on this player. Not for me. As LiamB stated, World Cup stars usually fail to replicate WC form. I'd like to know a Chelsea fans view on this potential deal.

Not exactly. It's never easy coming over from different countries ready to make an instant impact. He is very quick, a confident goalscorer and can really cross a ball at beat defenders. Ticks all the boxes for wide player really so I am pretty serious. Cuadrado is probably better as he is a Winger out and out and I'd say I'd prefer seeing Willian in AM for me. Willian proved he can barely hit the net against Swansea, twice. Sometimes it's not about your goals, it's about your contribution and your assists and Cuadrado again, ticks them boxes.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jan 2015, 8:08 pm

I'm with John on this, Salah is rather ordinary from what I've seen. A confident goalscorer.......haven't seen it, have you? Does Cuardrado offer significantly more than Willian or will he simply be the Schurrle & Salah replacement. Willian certainly contributes offensively & defensively, Cuardrado doesn't score at a prolific rate, so no real drastic improvement.

I'm hearing Salah out on loan & Schurrle to Wolfsburg for £23m. Then Cuardrado signed for £28m. Basically their paying £5m or so on Cuardrado, not bad a deal.

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Wed 21 Jan 2015, 8:13 pm

Just at Basel plenty of times. Yes, I've seen it otherwise I wouldn't have said it. (Chelsea in the CL is the obvious example). I never said he offered significantly more but I think he offers very much the same ability which makes them both rotation players for me. Cuadrado has played wing back for Fiorentina plenty of times, I'm sure he'd know his defensive duties as much as the next Winger on this planet. Maybe he doesn't have to be an improvement to the first team, maybe an improvement on back up for rotation.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jan 2015, 8:24 pm

FootballLight wrote:Maybe he doesn't have to be an improvement to the first team, maybe an improvement on back up for rotation.

paying £28m for someone who won't improve the first team or is just an improvement on the back up option is strange.

As for Salah, there's a difference doing it for Basle & the doing it for Chelsea. Essentially, Salah has to play in a counter attacking system, otherwise he's useless.

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Wed 21 Jan 2015, 8:36 pm

Not exactly. Didn't Chelsea pay like £20m+ for Schurrle (could have sworn it was £24m) as well the fact again, he might be rotation. Real Madrid spent £35m on Illaramendi, he could do well at most clubs but barely gets a sniff at Real Madrid and he's only back up.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 22 Jan 2015, 12:23 pm

Wenger says deal for Gabriel is 50-50

I suspect it's probably higher then that considering how quiet about transfers he is...

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 22 Jan 2015, 12:41 pm

Martin Odegaard has signed for Real Madrid on a deal worth £80k a week, don't care how talented he is, it's stupid to be paying a 16 year old that kind of money.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 22 Jan 2015, 2:25 pm

Looks like Darren Fletcher will be at West Ham. And, in stereotype Allardyce news, 6'5 Nigerian defender Azubuike Egwuekwe is at the club currently for talks.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jan 2015, 2:30 pm

Apparently, Martin Odegaard salary is higher than Raheem Sterling (Golden Boy), Mats Hummels (World Cup winner), Isco/Carvajal (Madrid team-mates), Marco Reus, David De Gea, Branislav Ivanovic & Thibout Courtois. Laughable & that's just a few names.

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Thu 22 Jan 2015, 3:37 pm

The fact that he was wanted by virtually every top team in Europe probably lead to a ridiculous game of top trumps to offer him the best deal. Which is probably why he got that ridiculous contract

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 22 Jan 2015, 9:04 pm

His yearly salary is higher than his transfer fee.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 22 Jan 2015, 11:16 pm

Lee Chung Yong heading to Palace from Bolton seemingly...

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Fri 23 Jan 2015, 8:13 am

His yearly salary is worth more than his £2.3m transfer fee. <yikes> That's outrageous!!

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Fri 23 Jan 2015, 8:16 am

Yikes *

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jan 2015, 1:00 pm

You just got to laugh at QPR. Agreeing to sign Dani Osvaldo is suicidal & typical Redknapp, just comical. I'm giving it less than a week before Barton & Osvaldo have punched the **** out of each other in training.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 23 Jan 2015, 1:09 pm

Surely everyone's a winner when that happens?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jan 2015, 1:19 pm

Osvaldo was awful at Southampton on & off the field, just another bad apple, so not surprised to see desperate Harry at the front of the queue to sign him. End in tears.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jan 2015, 2:11 pm

hampo171 wrote:Martin Odegaard has signed for Real Madrid on a deal worth £80k a week

Just reading into this further, it's £40k a week basic & not £80k. Not sure what he can do in a week, whereby he can gain £40k bonuses, unless its for goals/assists & wins for Castilla the Real B team. Still ridiculous at £40k though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jan 2015, 2:14 pm

I read it is indeed £40k a week for the rest of this 'half season', then from the 15/16 season, he can earn the extra £40k bonuses, which take it to £80k.

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri 23 Jan 2015, 4:25 pm

John wrote:You just got to laugh at QPR. Agreeing to sign Dani Osvaldo is suicidal & typical Redknapp, just comical. I'm giving it less than a week before Barton & Osvaldo have punched the **** out of each other in training.

Although, being a fan myself. Yes, you've generally just got to laugh at QPR. Although, not seen that one anywhere.

I reckon they'd team up and go round nicking all the other boys lunch money and spending it on fags.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jan 2015, 4:57 pm

Apparently & surprisingly (believe it, when I see it), we've become favourites to land MK Dons midfielder Dele Alli. Karl Robinson was talking to BBC Three Counties Radio today about his 18 year-old wonder-kid and this is what he said, “Obviously there’s been a lot of talk about Dele Alli and Newcastle United. I don’t think it is just paper talk, I think it is a bit more than that. He will go down as one of the greatest players we’ve had.”

Sounds like something might be happening, either this window or the summer. This would be classic Ashley & Newcastle denying that we will be signing anyone & then pouncing on a deal. Classic Ashley signing, huge re-sale value.

As for Shola Ameobi, he's in talks with WBA for a short term deal until the end of the season. Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 23 Jan 2015, 5:11 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Mail say West Ham, along with WBA and some Spanish sides are interested in Darren Fletcher. I'd take him on the cheap

id avoid if im honest, great club pro who's nowhere near his best anymore and even then his best was donkey work and just give it to the likes of scholes etc to do the ball work for him. be sad to see him go but best for both parties as i dont want him near the team sheet and deserves to be playing after his illness

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 23 Jan 2015, 5:17 pm

FootballLight wrote:
John wrote:Any midtable team will be licking their lips at getting Salah. You serious? Apart from his pace, he's looked abysmal, can hardly hit a barn door & against Shrewsbury in the LC, put in one of the worst performances I've ever seen. Salah is ordinary. Cuardrado better than Willian? Again, very questionable, especially for that wide role asked by Jose. Willian is massively unappreciated, Cuardrado will offer more pace but Cuardrado is hardly a consistent goal scorer.

Not exactly. It's never easy coming over from different countries ready to make an instant impact. He is very quick, a confident goalscorer and can really cross a ball at beat defenders. Ticks all the boxes for wide player really so I am pretty serious. Cuadrado is probably better as he is a Winger out and out and I'd say I'd prefer seeing Willian in AM for me. Willian proved he can barely hit the net against Swansea, twice. Sometimes it's not about your goals, it's about your contribution and your assists and Cuadrado again, ticks them boxes.

and your basing this on what? a handful of games for basel, who play in a very weak league and his scoring record isnt that great for them

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 24 Jan 2015, 8:55 pm

Villareal confirm agreement for Gabriel to sign for Arsenal with Joel Campbell heading on loan there.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 24 Jan 2015, 8:56 pm

compelling and rich wrote:
FootballLight wrote:

and your basing this on what? a handful of games for basel, who play in a very weak league and his scoring record isnt that great for them

Like they do all the time Chelsea only signed Salah so other teams couldn't, they've done it so many times in the past and will continue to do so.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 24 Jan 2015, 10:44 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Mail say West Ham, along with WBA and some Spanish sides are interested in Darren Fletcher. I'd take him on the cheap

id avoid if im honest, great club pro who's nowhere near his best anymore and even then his best was donkey work and just give it to the likes of scholes etc to do the ball work for him. be sad to see him go but best for both parties as i dont want him near the team sheet and deserves to be playing after his illness

I'm happy with it, especially as a loan to start with (which is what has been suggested). I think theres interest from a few clubs still, but I'd guess he might go to us on loan first even if he chooses a Spanish side in the long run (which I feel is doubtful with his illness).

Its a bone of contention at the moment between West Ham supporters, but personally I think having that kind of experience and ability in reserve would be brilliant. We've been playing Nolan deep lately. and whilst he hustles and harries he isnt effective on the ball. Fletcher would likely be behind Kouyate once he's back from the AFCON, but Fletcher and Amalfitano fighting for that spot in the meantime would be great. Means we can rest Nobes or Song on occasion too.

Worry is now that there are rumours around enquiries for Noble from QPR and WBA. Would hate to lose him, love the bloke and love the player too. Apparently them same two clubs are interested in Carlton too, who I would hate to lose cos I love the guy rather than much to do with his play (although he did equalise against Everton in the cup with his first touch)

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sat 24 Jan 2015, 11:19 pm

A few reports saying Manchester United have/will sign Dynamo Kyiv's 23 year old Austrian CB Aleksandar Dragovic for a fee between £14m-£20m.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jan 2015, 3:09 pm

Manchester United have denied that the club have lodged a bid for Dynamo Kiev defender, Aleksandar Dragovic.

Another great rumour Gerry added to the list.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jan 2015, 4:41 pm

John wrote:Martí Perarnau, the Spanish football journalist described him like this, ‘If we speak of Carles Gil, we speak of talent, of technical quality, of a distinct player who can make neutral fans excited. He is a natural central midfielder, with pure technical ability with good vision and understanding of the game.

Don't rule him out yet, shouldn't be too hard for him to make an impression at Villa instantly.

Looks good Westi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jan 2015, 4:43 pm

LiamB wrote:
westisbest wrote:We're on the verge of signing Carles Gil fro Valencia. Attacking midfielder..

Seen him a few times, creative midfielder with an eye for a pass. He's not that great, hence why Valencia are selling. He's basically a Spanish version of Tom Cleverley & rarely scores.

Listen to me, Westi. Don't listen to garbage from LiamB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jan 2015, 7:45 pm

Lucky shot vs a championship side. Never did it in Spain, when I saw him.

According to Sky sources, West Brom are close to completing a deal for Wigan midfielder Callum McManaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 25 Jan 2015, 8:17 pm

Maloney in the Championship for a side in the relegation spots. Baffles me that no one has signed him. Who did he fail to agree terms with? He can't be on a bucketload. I'd love him in our squad, definitely an option for a few lower half sides

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 25 Jan 2015, 11:03 pm

He rejected Leicester and is off to the MLS dolphin

I don't think he'd be on a pittance at Wigan either
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 26 Jan 2015, 12:31 am

The MLS? Huge waste

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 26 Jan 2015, 8:19 am

John wrote:
John wrote:Martí Perarnau, the Spanish football journalist described him like this, ‘If we speak of Carles Gil, we speak of talent, of technical quality, of a distinct player who can make neutral fans excited. He is a natural central midfielder, with pure technical ability with good vision and understanding of the game.

Don't rule him out yet, shouldn't be too hard for him to make an impression at Villa instantly.

Looks good Westi

Yeah, a good little player.
Good goal yesterday, could be the spark we need to get our season going.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 26 Jan 2015, 8:21 am

LiamB wrote:Lucky shot vs a championship side. Never did it in Spain, when I saw him.

According to Sky sources, West Brom are close to completing a deal for Wigan midfielder Callum McManaman

Does look a good player.

Done well so far, early days.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Jan 2015, 12:12 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
FootballLight wrote:

Like they do all the time Chelsea only signed Salah so other teams couldn't, they've done it so many times in the past and will continue to do so.
Think they also did it with Willian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Jan 2015, 7:07 pm

John wrote:Apparently & surprisingly (believe it, when I see it), we've become favourites to land MK Dons midfielder Dele Alli

Further news tonight, some even saying it's been agreed, that Dele Alli will join Newcastle United for around £4m, with him returning on loan to MK Dons for the remainder of the season. Great news, if true.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 26 Jan 2015, 8:47 pm

Balague saying we're still in for Laporte, we're not interested in him either then.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next