The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predict the top 5 at the end of 2015

+4
Haddie-nuff
bogbrush
socal1976
Guest82
8 posters

Go down

Predict the top 5 at the end of 2015 Empty Predict the top 5 at the end of 2015

Post by Guest82 Sat 03 Jan 2015, 11:36 pm

Not sure if this has already been done yet, but I can't see it.

Predict the top five at the end of the 2015 season and someone cleverer than me can dig this thread out and see how it turned out.

My predictions;
1) Djokovic
2) Nadal
3) Federer
4) Nishikori
5) Murray

Not very adventurous but that is how I see it.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Predict the top 5 at the end of 2015 Empty Re: Predict the top 5 at the end of 2015

Post by socal1976 Sun 04 Jan 2015, 5:14 am

1. Djokovic
2. Nadal
3. Murray
4. Federer
5. Nish

I have a feeling Murray is going to comeback stronger than people think. I could see him take home a slam this year. Nadal is the real question mark for me, I could see him finishing ranked number 1 through 5 or even outside of the top 5. Simply, because it seems like the injuries are pilling up. He hasn't completed a season without a lengthy spell off for injury in a very long time.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Predict the top 5 at the end of 2015 Empty Re: Predict the top 5 at the end of 2015

Post by Guest82 Sun 04 Jan 2015, 10:01 pm

I agree re Nadal. You could easily see a rested and refreshed Rafa dominating and winning 3 slams. Or injuries could have taken their toll and he could really struggle. Or anywhere inbetween.

I think Murray will be much better this season and contend for slams. I see him, Federer and Nishikori (stepping up) at a level just below Djokovic and Nadal.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue 06 Jan 2015, 9:59 pm

Can you imagine how tedious it would be to see Djokovic, Nadal, Federer and Murray in the top 4 again?

Call me when something happens.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Tue 06 Jan 2015, 11:14 pm

bogbrush wrote:Can you imagine how tedious it would be to see Djokovic, Nadal, Federer and Murray in the top 4 again?

Like what ?? when its Djokovic, Nadal, Murray and Nishikori Wink ?

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 07 Jan 2015, 12:36 am

Preferably none of them. The game desperately needs something new, it's stagnant.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Wed 07 Jan 2015, 1:13 am

I think we did do this already but can't remember exactly where, and it wasn't recent, and I could be wrong. I can't remember what I said before but 1 Djokovic 2 Nadal 3 Murray 4 Federer seems to be the status quo at the moment.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 07 Jan 2015, 7:24 am

bogbrush wrote:Can you imagine how tedious it would be to see Djokovic, Nadal, Federer and Murray in the top 4 again?

How long does it take before being in the top four before it becomes tedious? Just asking as Roger has been there the longest so does that mean he has over-stayed his welcome longest? Also shouldn't it just be the top three of Federer, Djokovic and Nadal? After all Murray broke into the top four latest of them all and has spent all of last year out of the top four so will it be deemed refreshing enough if the top four became something like Nishikori, Wawrinka, Cilic and Murray.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Wed 07 Jan 2015, 10:29 am

I'd like the old Top 4 for one last hurrah before Roger retires after next years Olympics

The others have had their chance and haven't taken them as illustrated by Fed, who merely played slightly below average (compared to his career) and nearly got No.1 or Rafa who hardly played but still comfortably gets a Top 4 spot. Murray, who if you ask us fans to sum up his year we would use the word 'poor' (or more blunt!!) still manages to become within a few points of remaining in the four

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 08 Jan 2015, 1:02 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

How long does it take before being in the top four before it becomes tedious? Just asking as Roger has been there the longest so does that mean he has over-stayed his welcome longest? Also shouldn't it just be the top three of Federer, Djokovic and Nadal? After all Murray broke into the top four latest of them all and has spent all of last year out of the top four so will it be deemed refreshing enough if the top four became something like Nishikori, Wawrinka, Cilic and Murray.
It's not any one guy that shows the mess of the game, it's that it's all four.

Nobody new breaking in. Nothing. Desolate. And that's without drawing attention to Ferrer & Berdych, still hanging around the top table doing nothing, going nowhere.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectView2 Thu 08 Jan 2015, 2:09 pm

bogbrush wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:

It's not any one guy that shows the mess of the game, it's that it's all four.

Nobody new breaking in. Nothing. Desolate. And that's without drawing attention to Ferrer & Berdych, still hanging around the top table doing nothing, going nowhere.

I wouldn't blame Ferrer and Berdych, they have made the max out of their potential, its the so called young guns doing nothing allowed many player to remain in the top for long including Ferrer and Berdych.

Kei Is 25 and he is called as the young gun and next big thing, in comparison before the start of 26th Fed had 11 GS, Nadal had something close to it, Djoko had 5 I guess and Murray had 2 and Kei to his credit has 1 final and he is the best of next gen.

In 5 more years Kei will be 30 and we would still call him the young guns are firing when he makes semi-finals of a GS. Sorry

DirectView2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down