The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remembering the ECW Zombie

Go down

Remembering the ECW Zombie Empty Remembering the ECW Zombie

Post by Adam D Thu 08 Jan 2015, 1:39 pm

http://v2wrestling.com/5/post/2015/01/remembering-tim-roberts-the-ecw-zombie.html

Remembering the ECW Zombie 7830139

In everyday life, there are people who are remembered and those who are a footnote in history. Most of us fall into the latter category but every now and again, people outwith of our friends and family will remember us little people fondly for one reason or another.

Yesterday, a “footnote” in wrestling history passed away. Tim Roberts aka Tim Arson aka ECW Zombie passed away.

People won’t be openly celebrating his career in the same way that the Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage or Eddie Guerrero have been remembered. I doubt that he will even be remembered as much as someone like Crash Holly or Viscera. But the truth is, Tim was a great guy who loved the business and who made his mark in WWE with a cameo so brief, it’s amazing that people remember and love it so much.

When I started doing regular interviews with past and present wrestlers, I was genuinely more excited to talk to Tim about his experiences than other great guests that we have had on, including some ex World Champions. Fortunately, the interview lived up to my expectations and Tim was an amazing guests, peppering the interview with loads of great anecdotes and stories.

So although, he never made it back to the big leagues, I am thankful to him for the interview he gave us, and for me the only memorable moment in the rebooted ECW. Below is the interview that Gavin and I did with Tim a couple of years ago. Please take the time to listen to it and hopefully you will understand why people like Tim deserve to be more than just a footnote.

RIP Tim Roberts December 27, 1976 – January 7, 2015

Click Here to listen to the interview

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down