The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 7 Homepage VI

+11
CJB
Driver
Ozzy3213
dammit_chris
LukeLovesLuka
prop_lyd
Steven_Sharks
Fluxy
ChequeredJersey
BamBam
SirJohnnyEnglish
15 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 21 Empty Season 7 Homepage VI

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed 14 Jan 2015, 3:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 21 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: Saints & Harlequins pick up strong bonus point wins while the battle for top 6 heats up with Gloucester & Saracens good form continuing. 

Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 21 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154

2013/2014 – London Wasps
2012/2013 – Leicester Tigers 
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons 
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons 
2009/2010 – Saracens 
2008/2009 - London Irish

POSAviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOSTP FP AP DT FT ATBPLBPPOINTS
1Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 21 9Northampton Saints 1412023983445444327257
2Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 21 12Sale Sharks *1411033893474243314350
3Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 21 6London Wasps *      1410133883622641344247
4Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 21 7Harlequins *148243923573539342441
5Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 21 4Leicester Tigers14617339347-828310733
6Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 21 11Saracens   14617341358-1730320733
7Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 21 48Exeter Chiefs *14545338352-1428310532
8Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 21 2Gloucester 14518357358-131320729
9Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 21 1Bath Rugby *14518361366-535351829
10Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 21 8Newcastle Falcons *14419344370-2631342726
11Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 21 5London Irish142210341378-3730391922
12Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 21 50London Welsh143011323377-5427390719

Welcome to Season 7 of the Aviva Premiership fantasy rugby game.  Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to.  If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (SJE) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players.  If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (SJE) will remove players at its discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the match day 23's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make-up of your squad.
Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have an academy squad of 20 players.  Players who are in the academy must be born on or after 1st September 1992. 

Any player, who is at any Premiership club in real life, either in their senior, academy or AASE squads, can be bid for on the domestic bidding page. Players who are at your own club in real life and are coming through the academy system must be bid for if you want them in your own academy.
Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.
  • Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 5 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. These players must be bid for on the National League Bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on its own merits before being accepted or rejected.  No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.
  • Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e. from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

There will be a summer foreign transfer window, which will run as follows.

Open Window

Open transfer window, teams have unlimited bids provided they have the financial resources to cover them.  Teams may only bid for one player at a time.

The window will open from the 9th of June but only to those sides that finish 8th and below at first. They will have a week to make one signing each before the window is open to all.     

Player Releases wrote: 
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

All released players will be deemed to have joined a Championship side and can be bid for on the National League Bidding page.
Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players.  Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.
Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be European Rugby Champions Cup, European Rugby Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches.  These games will take place once a week. A match thread will be put up every Monday. Home teams must be named by midnight on Tuesday. Away teams must be named by midnight on Wednesday. Failure to meet these deadlines is punishable by the addition of three match points to the oppositions final score, unless both sides fail to do so. Both teams must provide tactics by midnight on Thursday. Predictions will be open from 00:01 hours on Friday and remain open until 15:00 hours on Sunday. Managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved).  An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Managers are asked to provide detail as to why they have predicted a result.  To be considered a descriptive prediction this must be a full 3 lines long when entered into the text box. 
Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

For domestic competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 4 of those must be in your starting XV.

For European competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 6 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.
Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point.
Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£2m for descriptive predictions 
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc upto a maximum of £5m per fine.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (SJE) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation (foreign transfer value) in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by SirJohnnyEnglish on Sun 22 Feb 2015, 4:00 pm; edited 5 times in total

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 21 Empty Re: Season 7 Homepage VI

Post by Guest Fri 20 Feb 2015, 8:07 pm

Article in today's times by Barnes stating that of all 5 scrum
Halves in mix for england Simpson is the best on form and also his pass and kick are better than Youngs.

I would agree with form and kicking but not pass. He says how Simpson has a quicker pass and more accurate and how unlike Youngs the ball is delivered to the man and not like the outside half is Courtney lawes height.

He then goes on to say Simpson used to look to break first pass second and that youngs still runs from the base too much which I agree with.

Personally think youngs was great in cardiff less so last week but deserves a start. Think wiggles suits us better.

Barnes point about care lacking form and trying to get it back by Playing a 100mph is valid.

If
All were fit and on form I think Care is the best but he and Quins are having a poor season

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 20 Feb 2015, 8:09 pm

reWhere would you head to before? Going in with my old man so may grab a pint somewhere
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri 20 Feb 2015, 8:11 pm

Heres one praising McGrath: http://www.the42.ie/ireland-france-player-ratings-1938747-Feb2015/

First scrum was 56 mins after the Irish missed try. Ross collapses immediately before the ball is even put in and gives the penalty away. Second scrum was on 59. In fairness France get a small push on but Ross folds in and gives the penalty away. Gets a talking to for his troubles from the ref. Front row was replaced before the next scrum.

How you see that as a "humping" for McGrath confuses me.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 20 Feb 2015, 8:12 pm

Simpson should be nowhere near an Int shirt, his passing is dreadful and so slow to get ball out. He's a lovely runner but not a good SH, no article could change my mind on that.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 20 Feb 2015, 8:15 pm

Fantastic turnover from Hughes, most turnovers in the AP???

Great work from Blair, such a class act.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Feb 2015, 8:20 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Fantastic turnover from Hughes, most turnovers in the AP???

Great work from Blair, such a class act.

Great turnover Hughes. Knocked a few on also in contact. He is raw as hell but has something. A dream to coach as has all the raw ability.
If he can develop positioning and hands he will be a great steal by england

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 20 Feb 2015, 8:23 pm

Most turnovers in AP is surprising stat.

2 mins of lovely work from Daly. He has zero defence but he has an unbelievable outside break. We've lost the plot.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Feb 2015, 8:24 pm

SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:Heres one praising McGrath: http://www.the42.ie/ireland-france-player-ratings-1938747-Feb2015/

First scrum was 56 mins after the Irish missed try. Ross collapses immediately before the ball is even put in and gives the penalty away. Second scrum was on 59. In fairness France get a small push on but Ross folds in and gives the penalty away. Gets a talking to for his troubles from the ref. Front row was replaced before the next scrum.

How you see that as a "humping" for McGrath confuses me.

I said the ratings I posted were a nonsense and he was decent until the changes. As I said hard to deal with a 24 stone monster after 50 minutes. He was under massive pressure. Watch it back.

Imagine Cole who is not a big scrummager would
Love to go against McGrath but assume Healy will come
In.

Mcgrath is a good sub and his work rate around field is exceptional

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Feb 2015, 8:25 pm

Stats always dodgy in rugby. Not worth the paper they are written on. Too subjective,

Only ones valid are kick percentage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Feb 2015, 8:28 pm

Jp Doyle called maul. Hughes been wronged there

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 20 Feb 2015, 8:31 pm

Turnovers is a pretty sound stat.

I knew Hughes was good over the ball but most turnovers in AP is something given he's up there as most meters from a forward.

We got lucky there, that was a maul. Doyle is a poor ref.

Gutted to go in behind there, need to tighten the defence up.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri 20 Feb 2015, 8:33 pm

anonmattyt wrote:I said the ratings I posted were a nonsense and he was decent until the changes. As I said hard to deal with a 24 stone monster after 50 minutes. He was under massive pressure. Watch it back.

Imagine Cole who is not a big scrummager would
Love to go against McGrath but assume Healy will come
In.

Mcgrath is a good sub and his work rate around field is exceptional
I did watch it back. Scrum times are posted above. He was under pressure for one scrum and that was as much Ross's fault. How that can be classed as taking a humping I will never know.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Feb 2015, 8:34 pm

Doyle so poor can't understand how he keeps his job. Andrew small equally poor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 20 Feb 2015, 8:37 pm

Small easily the worst for me.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 20 Feb 2015, 8:59 pm

Wade has had a shocker in defence, we're getting a lot of joy down his channel

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Feb 2015, 9:51 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Wade has had a shocker in defence, we're getting a lot of joy down his channel

He has issues there. When kicked to he is poor. He does not work back. Same with yarde.

So much work and discipline required as a unit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 21 Feb 2015, 12:00 am

anonmattyt wrote:As much has Psa has been odd for
France he really gets the impact bench thing. Even when at glos he used to pick a benxh that made impact.

So few sides do it  well. England being one of them generally.

I think it's been Lancaster's biggest weakness until this 6N, maybe
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Feb 2015, 12:58 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:
anonmattyt wrote:As much has Psa has been odd for
France he really gets the impact bench thing. Even when at glos he used to pick a benxh that made impact.

So few sides do it  well. England being one of them generally.

I think it's been Lancaster's biggest weakness until this 6N, maybe

Agreed he has stumbled on easter as reserve lock ????? And Cips. I think croft is a phenomenal impact sub as Is a game changer.

Wade could be as well. Tom Youngs mako and Brookes are good impact front row also so we look much better here.

Players like Corbs wilson Adam Jones Mas etc either start or not in squad as off bench offer very little. As starters they are class though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Feb 2015, 1:42 am

The big guns are staying in Australia. Surprising.
Only the older and fringe ones off.

Aussies
Need
Stars to stay as game dying. Can afford to lose white horwill AAC etc but Folau Skelton Kurindrani Speight etc
Are the marketing dream for them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Feb 2015, 8:46 am

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/rugby/israel-folau-tipped-to-follow-tevita-kuridrani-and-commit-future-to-australian-rugby/story-fnp0m104-1227217797822

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 21 Feb 2015, 8:51 am

He'll be going back to ARL next week

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 21 Feb 2015, 10:07 am

Elliot Daly might have put his hand up for a wildcard spot in the WC squad after last nights performance - he's been doing that all season for us.

Sinoti Sinoti has ridiculous feet, can see why he beats so many defenders!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 21 Feb 2015, 10:14 am

Daly was great last night, he took Powell to the cleaners. I've seen him have some real poor games though and he defence isn't good enough imo.

He'd be an outside bet for 13/15 cover but it's quite a position of strength and I'd have a fair few before him.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 21 Feb 2015, 10:24 am

He doesn't have an issue with defence - hasn't all season and that's been in HC too. Uses his pace in the tackle very well. Had some issues when he first came into the team 2 seasons ago but Wasps have an excellent defence coach and he's bulked up - only area we struggle is Wades wing and fb at times.

Hoping Simpon and Masi aren't to badly injured as need both of them firing for the rest of the season.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Feb 2015, 10:55 am

Sinioti sinioti is great to watch but you can also see why no big team will go in for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 21 Feb 2015, 11:21 am

Can't agree at all there Chris, I've seen Daly have extremley poor games in defence this season. He was solid enough last night but he's nowhere near good enough defensively for an Int 13.

Sinoti has played for Toulon, that's pretty big. I agree he's not going to play top Europe level now now but I imagine most AP teams would love him, he's right up there with the best in the league.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Feb 2015, 11:25 am

dammit_chris wrote:He doesn't have an issue with defence - hasn't all season and that's been in HC too. Uses his pace in the tackle very well. Had some issues when he first came into the team 2 seasons ago but Wasps have an excellent defence coach and he's bulked up - only area we struggle is Wades wing and fb at times.

Hoping Simpon and Masi aren't to badly injured as need both of them firing for the rest of the season.

Why don't wasps use masi at centre more? He was great against England last week and caused us problems

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 21 Feb 2015, 11:29 am

Masi is bloody awful, although he made one good tackle last night.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 21 Feb 2015, 11:32 am

He had a few shaky games at the start of the season when he was moved back to his proper position but you won't find a game since October/November where he has been bad defensively for us. I've been to a lot of the games and watched them all - he's no worse than other 13s defensively.

The one area that sometimes holds him back is his decision making and that's what I think stops him being in the full England setup - he sometimes delays his passing and can put team mates in a bit of bother. But he's actually a very clever defender, obviously not in the Barritt/Tuilagi smash them way.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 21 Feb 2015, 11:39 am

Agree to disagree on Daly's defence Chris, I've seen enough to know he has issues.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 21 Feb 2015, 11:42 am

anonmattyt wrote:
dammit_chris wrote:He doesn't have an issue with defence - hasn't all season and that's been in HC too. Uses his pace in the tackle very well. Had some issues when he first came into the team 2 seasons ago but Wasps have an excellent defence coach and he's bulked up - only area we struggle is Wades wing and fb at times.

Why don't wasps use masi at centre more? He was great against England last week and caused us problems

He's been picking up knocks at the wrong time all season, seems to always be carrying a niggle or pick up injuries like last night. We also signed Leiua who is our best no12 but he's been injured most of the season too.

I think Young puts him at fb as Miller has struggled a bit this season who seems to have some really bad games followed by a good one. I guess it is largely down to him being able to cover a number of positions for us and the good old utility back tag!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 21 Feb 2015, 7:49 pm

Got to finish day 6 of 12 at work at 7.15pm to find the Quins result Sad
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Feb 2015, 8:49 pm

Glos easy win today with some bad injuries. Kvesic are star plauer of the year looked in a bad way and the injury to trinder looked awful and was full on stretcher injury. Losing kvesic will kill us he has been best 7 in league all year and must be close to england squad

Had the bath Saints game on in pub after and what I watched ( up to 65 was a cracker)
Was it eastmond or Roka who missed the tackles in build up for saints tries ? Hard to tell when watching at a distance. Burgess was good when involved but not used enough.

Saints a quality team and young Stephenson and Elliot were superb

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 21 Feb 2015, 10:32 pm

Trinder doesn't have much luck! Wasn't that his first game back too?

Eastmond got bounced off quite a few today, he's generally been very good in defence this season. Roko has really dropped off, sure he hasn't recovered from his injury 100% as he was great leading up to injury.

CJ what has happened to Quins recently? Front five seems to get bullied and give no platform to the backs, but lot of backs seem out of form too.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Feb 2015, 10:56 pm

If you get no front foot ball impossible for backs to play. Good example being the Reds last week. Only 40%carries broke gain line. Got smashed and backs could not play

Today nearer 75% over gainline vs force and genia and outside backs looked decent and they win.

Quins struggling to assert themselves and trying to play off scraps and force it. Slade scored a hatful today and was sensational I read

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sun 22 Feb 2015, 3:01 pm

Just watching the Rebels-Tah game. Lovely chip over the top from Beale for the first Tahs try

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sun 22 Feb 2015, 4:00 pm

New homepage: https://www.606v2.com/t57829-season-7-homepage-vii#2937115

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21