The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mahut - could it be?

5 posters

Go down

Mahut - could it be? Empty Mahut - could it be?

Post by yloponom68 Thu 29 Jan 2015, 7:28 am

Mahut weeping courtside after losing a nail-biter to the Bryan brothers with his partner Llodra at the French Open,
was a forlorn site. But one could understand his bitter disappointment at being so close to winning an unexpected
1st Major Doubles title - knowing well, it was probably his greatest chance, and being so very, very close.

Today, he finds himself in another Major Men's Doubles final at the Australian Open. To boot, his opponents in the
final are unseeded. So with a 2nd chance for redemption AND to finally have another note in history, rather than
being the loser of the longest ever tennis match - could it be, THIS TIME?

Mahut & Herbert have taken out in successive rounds, starting with the 2nd round - Seeds #11, 8, 2 & now 4....

No guarantee ever as we know, and "unseeded" means just what it says, unseeded - nothing more....but I for one
would love to see this journeyman raise the trophy come the final match! I know it would mean the utter world to
him. Come on Nicolas & Pierre-Hugues!

yloponom68

Back to top Go down

Mahut - could it be? Empty Re: Mahut - could it be?

Post by socal1976 Thu 29 Jan 2015, 7:50 am

Yeah, I like Nicky Mahut hope he gets it.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by ListenUp Thu 29 Jan 2015, 2:24 pm

Yes, I'd love to see them win. Mahut deserves a major doubles title.

I saw Pierre-Hugues Herbert play singles a couple of times last year (Wimbledon qualies & main draw) and was impressed. He's way younger and less experienced than Mahut, but it just may be a partnership that's really clicked.

They teamed up late last year and won a Challenger - heck of a step up to this, but as the OP mentioned, they've already taken out some 'big doubles guns', including their compatriots and Roland Garros champions Benne-lin. I watched the win over Dodig/Melo - from memory they were down in the final set tie-break and did very well to turn it around.

Bon chance, Nic & Pierre! Cool

ListenUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu 29 Jan 2015, 3:36 pm

It'd be great to see him do it. The AO seems to spring a few surprise winners in the doubles, let's hope it happens again this year!

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Mon 02 Feb 2015, 1:13 am

Fabio Fognini and Simone Bolelli became the first all-Italian team to capture a Grand Slam men's doubles title in more than 50 years after beating the French pair of Nicolas Mahut and Pierre-Hugues Herbert 6-4, 6-4 in the Australian Open final on Saturday.

Quoted from http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/fognini-bolelli-win-mens-doubles-australian-open-28627015

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down