The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best News article I've read in ages

+5
The Fourth Lion
Stella
ONETWOFOREVER
TRUSSMAN66
TopHat24/7
9 posters

Go down

Best News article I've read in ages Empty Best News article I've read in ages

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 4:55 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2935072/Disabled-4ft-6in-mugging-victim-buy-new-home-donations-exceed-200-000-mark.html

Read about the attack on this old man last week and was utterly disgusted however, this is absolutely brilliant and the only thing better would be hearing that the **** who mugged him in the first place has been kidnapped by ISIS and will be beheaded.

Back to top Go down

Best News article I've read in ages Empty Re: Best News article I've read in ages

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 02 Feb 2015, 5:20 pm

Totally agree. Proves there's revolting a-holes out there, who you hope bad things happen to, but that there is also more good in the world than bad overall and anough people with big hearts to come through when it counts.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Best News article I've read in ages Empty Re: Best News article I've read in ages

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 02 Feb 2015, 5:58 pm

The only stipulation is that she gets left the property in his will.. Cool Wink

It's always good news when someone buys you are property..

Sounds like good Labour stock this girl..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 02 Feb 2015, 8:03 pm

People have to work hard their whole lives and never get close to buying their own home.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 03 Feb 2015, 11:16 am

Some people aren't severly disabled from birth.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 03 Feb 2015, 11:18 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Some people aren't severly disabled from birth.......

Severely .... Laugh .

One on the house ONETWO !! Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 04 Feb 2015, 12:25 pm

Faith restored, for now.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Feb 2015, 3:00 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-31602670

Just a follow up on the **** who tried to rob Alan Barnes.....lovely stuff!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Tue 24 Feb 2015, 6:31 pm

BBC news has just reported that the slug who carried out the attack has pleaded guilty (no point in doing anything else, he was caught bang to rights). He has expressed his shame and remorse and at one point broke down in tears.

I'm usually a compassionate man and am willing to give the benefit of the doubt, or give somebody a second chance but in this case I have no qualms about saying that I hope the judge completely ignores this show of <ahem>"contrition" and hammers the bastard.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Feb 2015, 6:44 pm

Problem is that whatever he gets is likely to be appealed on the grounds that the sentence was only so high due to the high profile public nature of the case. The big fear is that another judge agrees and reduces his sentence thus leaving him free to claim compensation.

However, I sincerely hope that someone gets to him inside even though he's in segregation due to the strength of feeling from his fellow inmates (a fine bunch of upstanding citizens with excellent moral barometers!!!!!)

I hope someone does what they did to Peter Sutcliffe and attacks him with a broken coffee jar

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 24 Feb 2015, 10:41 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Problem is that whatever he gets is likely to be appealed on the grounds that the sentence was only so high due to the high profile public nature of the case. The big fear is that another judge agrees and reduces his sentence thus leaving him free to claim compensation.

However, I sincerely hope that someone gets to him inside even though he's in segregation due to the strength of feeling from his fellow inmates (a fine bunch of upstanding citizens with excellent moral barometers!!!!!)

I hope someone does what they did to Peter Sutcliffe and attacks him with a broken coffee jar

Why should this guy's life be worth more than anyone elses ???........

Why should a thug that attacks my Wife get less than this guy ???............

If there is a tariff the kid should get it..........

When he gets out it's not as If he'll be able to have a life in that area is it ??.......

Shocking offence for sure but he shouldn't be treated differently........than other perpetrators of the same crime....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Feb 2015, 12:43 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Problem is that whatever he gets is likely to be appealed on the grounds that the sentence was only so high due to the high profile public nature of the case. The big fear is that another judge agrees and reduces his sentence thus leaving him free to claim compensation.

When he gets out it's not as If he'll be able to have a life in that area is it ??.......

Shocking offence for sure but he shouldn't be treated differently........than other perpetrators of the same crime....
There will be and the Judge has told him to expect a custodial sentence. My point is that he's likely to appeal solely on the grounds that the high profile nature of the case resulted in a stiffer sentence. The appeal will cost the public a fortune and this tw*t is likely to then be portrayed as a victim

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 Feb 2015, 1:36 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

There will be and the Judge has told him to expect a custodial sentence. My point is that he's likely to appeal solely on the grounds that the high profile nature of the case resulted in a stiffer sentence. The appeal will cost the public a fortune and this tw*t is likely to then be portrayed as a victim

You can't appeal on those grounds without questionning the presiding Judge's competency.........It's a club like everything else..

So I wouldn't worry about it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 25 Feb 2015, 1:44 pm

Can't we just be happy that some utter scumbag looks like he's gonna get what he deserves. It's a shame that it doesn't happen to every scumbag but that doesn't mean this fecker deserves to get off.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 Feb 2015, 1:47 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Can't we just be happy that some utter scumbag looks like he's gonna get what he deserves. It's a shame that it doesn't happen to every scumbag but that doesn't mean this fecker deserves to get off.

Have I missed someone suggesting that ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 25 Feb 2015, 1:51 pm

Seem to be yeah Truss,

You seem to be saying that why should this thug be given a decent sentance as others before him haven't and it wouldn't be fair on there victims.

Why should this fella get the compensation that's been collected when others haven't before.

Makes it sound like you think the system should go soft on him rather than give itself a kick up the arse and go hard on everyone who does this kind of thing.

Sorry Truss I misread some of what you were saying,
Yeah the kid should be given the full tariff available and extra for any force used (as it should be in every case.)

I get your point now, my bad Doh

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 Feb 2015, 2:09 pm

I said there should be consistency and that one victim shouldn't be more important than any other victim........

You've just decided to interpret that a certain way..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 25 Feb 2015, 2:39 pm

Nah with the way your 'tude' has been lately and the first line of 'why should this guys life be worth more than etc.....' I missed the tariff bit.

Still think you've got it the wrong way round though and instead of complaining that the thug will be getting a harsher sentence than most, you should be complaining that all thugs should be getting that.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 Feb 2015, 2:55 pm

That's what I am saying

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 25 Feb 2015, 3:34 pm

Then we're on the same page big buddy (I did say i'd misread it btw)

Hug

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Feb 2015, 4:24 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

You can't appeal on those grounds without questionning the presiding Judge's competency.........It's a club like everything else..

So I wouldn't worry about it..
Doesn't stop these guys exercising their right to appeal and sp*nking away public money just to keep themselves in the limelight. Look at Ian Watkins the Lostprophets singer, he's appealing his sentence. Why, not cos he thinks it's unfair, he's got f*ck all better to do and it keeps his name in the papers (although "Rock star sex offender found mutilated in prison showers" would be just as good).

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Wed 25 Feb 2015, 7:40 pm

All this talk of appeals against sentences is a bit premature in my opinion.

Firstly, we don't know what the sentence is going to be so there is nothing to appeal against yet. Secondly, a convicted criminal can't just magic an appeal out of thin air. If they could, they'd all do it. There is a process involved and it involves the convicted felon providing evidence that a miscarriage of justice has taken place, in this case, in the sentence given. After conviction, the burden of proof is shifted away from the prosecution and onto the convicted person.

In my previous post I stated that I hoped the judge would ignore the show of contrition, which he is entitled to do if, in his discretion he believes it to be bogus, and there is precedent for this taking place.

Secondly, the actions of the legal counsel after sentencing would also be a factor in any possible leave to appeal against the sentence being granted. When a criminal is sentenced his legal representatives will inform the client whether they believe the sentence to be just, fair and consistent within the law. If, for example, the legal counsel said something like:

"Judge X took into consideration your plea of guilty and also your contrition. The sentence given is within the scope of the legal tariff for this crime" then the chances are that even if it were at the far extreme end of the tariff he wouldn't stand a chance of getting an appeal.

I'm not au fait with exactly what the tariff for this offence is, but even if it is a first offence he can still be hit pretty hard and I hope that is what happens to him.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Feb 2015, 8:01 pm

the chances are that even if it were at the far extreme end of the tariff he wouldn't stand a chance of getting an appeal

Doesn't stop them trying though, Lion.

Most criminals don't appeal because they're bang to rights as is this numpty...however, my fear is that this case, which is becoming more and more high profile, has the potential to become a bit of a three ring circus and it wouldn't surprise me if someone starts whispering in me laddo's ear soon about being pilloried unfairly...and him being too stupid not to ignore it and serve his time.

Defence barristers aren't the worst offenders either. Look at the pr!ck from the CPS who took the Michael le Vell sex abuse case on after another lawyer refused it saying there was no chance of a conviction. How much time, effort and money was squandered there because some little ego was reined in sooner?

Personally I hope Mr Barnes takes his generous donation, gets himself a nice place in lovely safe area and the media leave him alone and not make him a celebrity (also running the risk of making him a target by plastering pictures of his new house all over the place so criminals can see just what he's got worth nicking)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Apr 2015, 1:04 pm

FOUR YEARS for this d!ckhead....lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 02 Apr 2015, 1:53 pm

That will be a long four years for him.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 02 Apr 2015, 1:56 pm

DAVE667 wrote:FOUR YEARS for this d!ckhead....lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!

Understand your joy DAVE but this guy is a drug addict. So he spends 4 years in jail but does that help him? I think jail is a little too harsh he deserves to be punished but he also needs help. Also I think he should have met the victim in person to apologize face to face. I think the victim in a case like this should have a say in the verdict.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Apr 2015, 2:12 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Understand your joy DAVE but this guy is a drug addict. So he spends 4 years in jail but does that help him? I think jail is a little too harsh he deserves to be punished but he also needs help. Also I think he should have met the victim in person to apologize face to face. I think the victim in a case like this should have a say in the verdict.
There's drug counseling in prison should he genuinely wish to kick the habit. He's allegedly shown remorse for the attack which should spur him on to sorting his life out if he wants to. As for having a say in sentencing, the public are allowed to give a Victim Impact statement which outlines how the incident has affected then and what they'd like to see happen to the offender. This is taken into account when sentencing takes place

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 02 Apr 2015, 2:18 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

There's drug counseling in prison should he genuinely wish to kick the habit. He's allegedly shown remorse for the attack which should spur him on to sorting his life out if he wants to. As for having a say in sentencing, the public are allowed to give a Victim Impact statement which outlines how the incident has affected then and what they'd like to see happen to the offender. This is taken into account when sentencing takes place

It also happens in Iran where feckers who throw acid in their victims faces get surgically blinded in a literal interpretation of an eye for and eye. Move to Iran onetwo.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 02 Apr 2015, 2:29 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

It also happens in Iran where feckers who throw acid in their victims faces get surgically blinded in a literal interpretation of an eye for and eye. Move to Iran onetwo.

I doubt I will have any rights in Iran Shah. Maybe you should move there.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 02 Apr 2015, 2:34 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

I doubt I will have any rights in Iran Shah. Maybe you should move there.

Going to retire there actually. waiting for sanctions to end so I can purchase a property for my old age.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jan 2016, 3:35 pm

Here's another

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35443416

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 29 Jan 2016, 3:52 pm

That's one of the best articles you've read in ages?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 29 Jan 2016, 4:31 pm

There's always tragedy in death.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 29 Jan 2016, 4:58 pm

Pr4wn wrote:That's one of the best articles you've read in ages?
Depends on what floats your boat I guess? Certainly, I don't think many will worry that those two sadistic killers are both now dead. Saves money, if nothing else.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 29 Jan 2016, 5:34 pm

Rather see these guys spend twenty years in main population..

They can enlighten all the Fathers in there about their behaviour...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down