The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The biggest ever PPV for MMA/Wrestling

5 posters

Go down

The biggest ever PPV for MMA/Wrestling Empty The biggest ever PPV for MMA/Wrestling

Post by Adam D Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:52 pm

I just read the following post on another thread from our [special] friend of the forum, Mr H.

Mr H wrote:If Brock Lesnar went back to UFC there isn't a chance he could beat Cain Valesquez, Junior Dos Santos or Fabricio Werdum, the top 3 ranked Heavyweights. He's already lost to 2 of those guys. If he's happy to go back and simply be a top 10 ranked Heavyweight then more power to him but surely he must know given his past health problems and age that it'd be a monumental ask to stand toe to toe with those guys. Going back there would be a bigger risk than Punk going there in my eyes. 

I think he'd get laughed at if he signed for Bellator (The TNA of the MMA world), so signing an extension with the WWE and walking out of WM31 still as Champion would be awesome.

This led me to think about the very last point.

Currently, Bobby Lashley, the TNA version of Brock Lesnar is fighting with Bellator.

If these two were to meet, would this be the biggest ever MMA PPV? Also, who would win? would you want to see it?

Finally, would this one match up, not potentially make it feasable that Brock does go to Bellator as the money it would generate could potentially make this a mega, mega fight.

Lets hear your thoughts!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The biggest ever PPV for MMA/Wrestling Empty Re: The biggest ever PPV for MMA/Wrestling

Post by Samo Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:01 pm

Lashley isnt tested at top level, but has youth on his side. It would be a closer fight that most would expect, although I reckon Brock could take him. I also dont think it would be the biggest ever. Alot of UFC fans I know still dont rate Lesnar because of his WWE background and record.

Samo

Back to top Go down

The biggest ever PPV for MMA/Wrestling Empty Re: The biggest ever PPV for MMA/Wrestling

Post by Adam D Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:08 pm

I think that Lashley would win (and this is not due to my pro TNA stance!).

Basically, the aura around Brock as a legitimate top MMA star is gone. Lashley wouldnt be giving up much of a size difference (if at all).

Both have extensive amateur wrestling background but the big difference is that Lashley is still doing MMA and training in it.

Brock will not get better at MMA and his biggest flaw (going foetal when hit) just wont ever change.

Lashley however, is getting better.

Lashley takes it via rear naked for me after lesnar gives him his back.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:11 pm

I've always suspected that MMA could get more credibility in the face of those who say it is two grown men in little clothing looking like they are getting in some very friendly positions with one another, if they didn't use terms like "rear naked".
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:13 pm

You think Lashley is only in Bellator because of the deal with TNA? Think he could cut it in the UFC?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:24 pm

Thanks for the 'special' mention Adam.

It'd be huge draw and gain huge PPV buys but there would be a ton of wrestling fans who jump on the bandwagon and order it. I don't think it'd be the biggest ever MMA PPV though, I reckon McGregor v Aldo will smash all records this year.

Lesnar wins all day long though.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:24 pm

Samo wrote:You think Lashley is only in Bellator because of the deal with TNA?  Think he could cut it in the UFC?
No!

I have no idea why he is in Bellator but he has name recognition (thanks to WWE and TNA) and is still learning his craft.

I think he would get eaten alive by the top dogs in both UFA and Bellator but I also think he knows that which is why he isnt challenging for the titles. I still think he would have enough for Lesnar though.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:54 pm

Samo wrote:Lashley isnt tested at top level, but has youth on his side. 

Apart from Lesnar being a year younger!

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:55 pm

Crimey wrote:
Samo wrote:Lashley isnt tested at top level, but has youth on his side. 

Apart from Lesnar being a year younger!

REALLY? I thought for sure Lesnar had a couple of years on Lashley

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:37 pm

I think Lashley would be a rabbit in the headlights. The occasion would be massive, huge media interest, huge pressure. Lesnar has headlined UFC PPV’s and Wrestlemania’s, he knows how to handle the big occasion. I think Brock takes it via ground and pound TKO within the first 2 rounds.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down