The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NXT results 18/2

2 posters

Go down

NXT results 18/2 Empty NXT results 18/2

Post by Samo Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:33 pm

We start with a video package from William Regal addressing Kevin Owens and the title situation. He tells us that tonight Adrian Neville will get a chance at retribution in a non-title match against Kevin Owens.

Following that new champion Kevin Owens makes his way to the ring to the sounds of a very split crowd and lets us know that he never lied about his intentions and that they were clear from the very beginning. He also makes it known that Sami Zayn is the past, and the future is Finn Balor. He tells Balor to pick a date and he will be there to defend his NXT title.

Next up Elias Sampson hits the ring. Sampson has a ton of potential but he wouldn't get to show any of it tonight because his opponent turned out to be ECW legend Rhyno, much to the delight of a shocked crowd. Rhyno made very quick work of Sampson and broke him half with a ferocious Gore.

Backstage, Balor is interviewed about his number one contender-ship but is distracted by Rhyno who walks right through, pausing just long enough to smile and walk off.

Next up is The Vaudevillians vs Cass and Enzo accompanied to the ring by Carmella. Gotch and English controlled much of the match punishing the underdog Enzo before he made a hot tag to Big Cass who cleared the ring and put down English with a big boot, then tossing Enzo off the turnbuckle for a splash onto English for the win. Afterwards Blake and Murphy address them via video letting us know that they proved at Takeover:Rival that they were no flukes, and then began to flirt with Carmella, who looked sickened in the ring.

Backstage, Neville addresses Owens, saying he hasn't forgotten what happened to him the last time the two faced. He continues stating that Owens won't soon forget what he does to him tonight.

An irate CJ Parker marches to the ring and lets us know he is sick and tired of the treatment he receives around here, particularly being left off of another live special. He announces that he is taking over and that this show is done. He begins cutting off the ring with caution tape before mysterious music hits along with video glitches. Solomon Crowe emerged from the crowd and hit the ring quickly laying out the hippy and finishing him with his Boing Splash. He grabs a mic and announces "…. Now back to your regularly scheduled broadcast."

New Womens champ Sasha Banks is out next to face "Ol' Bluepants" Leva Bates. It was a fast paced match that started off with plenty of back and forth action before Banks took over and proved why she is boss, finishing off Bates with her backstabber transitioned into a Boss lock, leaving Bluepants no choice but to tap. Afterwards, Banks took the mic to let us know that her title means that she is the baddest women in NXT.

Adrian Neville vs Kevin Owens in a non-title match is next and begins with an early burst of offense from Neville. Before long the champ took control and began to punish Neville with his brutal and ugly offense. Neville mounted a comeback that amounted to some incredible spots including a moonsault off the turnbuckle onto Owens standing outside of the ring, and a 450 off the ring apron onto a ground Owens. Victory seemed to be close for Neville who attempted a 450 splash only for Owens to roll out of the way. The two men make it to their feet and Neville walks right into Owens powerbomb, giving Kevin Owens the pin-fall victory in an incredible hard fought match.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Following tradition, NXT follow a TakeOver with a very strong show. Its hard to find a fault with this weeks show. Owens was fantastic, his opening promo was simple, but effective, and his match with Neville was exceptional. If Neville's really going up as a 'Mighty Mouse' type character, Im fine with it. That deadlift German suplex on a guy the size of Owens was amazing. I marked out like Frak when Rhyno came out. He's very under-rated, and a guy who always does whats best for business. Never moaned about putting over a younger talent if it contributes to the future of the business. Should be a good feud with Balor to keep Balor busy till his match with Owens.

Its getting harder to hide how much of a mark I am, but when NXT delivers such high quality on such a regular basis, can you blame me?

Samo

Back to top Go down

NXT results 18/2 Empty Re: NXT results 18/2

Post by Prometheus Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:51 pm

Am I allowed to say that that NXT show was only good.

I loved seeing Rhyno back, but it was merely an introduction match. Though, I'm sure he and NXT are pleased with the reaction 10 years after he was last in WWE.

I'm slowly getting into Enzo. And I love Big Cass in a way that you can't teach. Am wondering where the Vaudevillains go.

Solomon Crowe.... Let's see where the hacker gimmick goes, but I think its pretty hard to make a mark against CJ Parker. Every show needs its jobber, but he's just been used too much a win against him has no merit.

Good match with Neville and Owens. As Samo says, some interesting offence from Neville. I think they are really going to have a hard time keeping Owens heel, even in a feud with Balor.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:58 pm

Thats a problem with a lot of heels, but specifically Owens. He has such a core fan base that will never boo him, even though as a heel, if you like them, the best thing you can do is boo them.

Thats one of the biggest problems with the current product, and why the lines between heel and facebare so blurry.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:09 pm

Completely agree Samo. It's partly how he's booked and acts too. So, his schtick of 'I've told the truth since I came to NXT and am doing this for my family', makes sense. And, yes he kept going after Zayn, but is a devastating brute a heel?

I think this is one of those good problems to have for NXT / Owens.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down