The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 7 Homepage VII

+9
Ozzy3213
ChequeredJersey
Steven_Sharks
dammit_chris
Driver
CJB
prop_lyd
Sgt_Pooly
SirJohnnyEnglish
13 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 18 Empty Season 7 Homepage VII

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sun 22 Feb 2015, 3:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 18 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: Famous win for Wasps at Franklins Garden sees Saints fall off top spot for the first time this season while the battle for Champions Cup qualification intensifies with important wins for Saracens, Bath & Falcons

Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 18 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154

2013/2014 – London Wasps
2012/2013 – Leicester Tigers 
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons 
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons 
2009/2010 – Saracens 
2008/2009 - London Irish

POSAviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOSTP FP AP DT FT ATBPLBPPOINTS
1Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 18 12Sale Sharks * 1814045014455656406465
2Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 18 6London Wasps *1814135124615155426265
3Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 18 9Northampton Saints     1813054954514451427564
4Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 18 7Harlequins *1810264994544550423652
5Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 18 4Leicester Tigers18918444442237390846
6Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 18 48Exeter Chiefs *18747435454-1936400742
7Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 18 1Bath Rugby *  18819459468-944441939
8Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 18 2Gloucester *1871104684662444211039
9Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 18 8Newcastle Falcons *187110449472-2341422839
10Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 18 11Saracens187110443476-3338450938
11Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 18 50London Welsh184014418481-6334490925
12Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 18 5London Irish182214431488-57365211223

Welcome to Season 7 of the Aviva Premiership fantasy rugby game.  Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to.  If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (SJE) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players.  If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (SJE) will remove players at its discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the match day 23's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make-up of your squad.
Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have an academy squad of 20 players.  Players who are in the academy must be born on or after 1st September 1992. 

Any player, who is at any Premiership club in real life, either in their senior, academy or AASE squads, can be bid for on the domestic bidding page. Players who are at your own club in real life and are coming through the academy system must be bid for if you want them in your own academy.
Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.
  • Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 5 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. These players must be bid for on the National League Bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on its own merits before being accepted or rejected.  No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.
  • Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e. from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

There will be a summer foreign transfer window, which will run as follows.

Open Window

Open transfer window, teams have unlimited bids provided they have the financial resources to cover them.  Teams may only bid for one player at a time.

The window will open from the 9th of June but only to those sides that finish 8th and below at first. They will have a week to make one signing each before the window is open to all.     

Player Releases wrote: 
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

All released players will be deemed to have joined a Championship side and can be bid for on the National League Bidding page.
Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players.  Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.
Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be European Rugby Champions Cup, European Rugby Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches.  These games will take place once a week. A match thread will be put up every Monday. Home teams must be named by midnight on Tuesday. Away teams must be named by midnight on Wednesday. Failure to meet these deadlines is punishable by the addition of three match points to the oppositions final score, unless both sides fail to do so. Both teams must provide tactics by midnight on Thursday. Predictions will be open from 00:01 hours on Friday and remain open until 15:00 hours on Sunday. Managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved).  An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Managers are asked to provide detail as to why they have predicted a result.  To be considered a descriptive prediction this must be a full 3 lines long when entered into the text box. 
Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

For domestic competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 4 of those must be in your starting XV.

For European competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 6 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.
Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point.
Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£2m for descriptive predictions 
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc upto a maximum of £5m per fine.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (SJE) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation (foreign transfer value) in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by SirJohnnyEnglish on Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:00 am; edited 5 times in total

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Season 7 Homepage VII - Page 18 Empty Re: Season 7 Homepage VII

Post by Guest Sun 29 Mar 2015, 3:50 pm

We are dreadful pooly. Heard there are some real issues and the coach may be gone this week.

Cipriani 16/16 tackles never thought you would see that years ago. Does anybody have Beaumont on here he has been excellent every time I see Him

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 29 Mar 2015, 3:53 pm

I think we'll see a Barritt and Joseph midfield for the world cup.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 29 Mar 2015, 3:53 pm

Cips has went well in defence, best game I've seen him have. I released Beaumont I think, he's starting to look handy.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Sun 29 Mar 2015, 3:57 pm

Matt no one at the moment! That was going to be the favour i asked on Friday that someone could bid for him for in return for cash

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 29 Mar 2015, 4:44 pm

Barritt would kill ford and jj.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 29 Mar 2015, 4:49 pm

When on earth did Worcester sign Cooper Vuna?! Huge signing for that league, guess it is that time of year where the top teams bring players in for the playoffs.

Would have him at Wasps over Will Helu and Tackibacauba any day of the week - shame Young has stopped playing Varndell because he's leaving at the end of the season.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 29 Mar 2015, 4:57 pm

Signed him a few weeks back , class wing.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 29 Mar 2015, 5:27 pm

Steven_Sharks wrote:Barritt would kill ford and jj.

I don't think so Steve.

There's room for a straight runner in there. Burrell hardly set the world alight in attack and we did ok. Barritt is an absolute rock in defence, he'll allow other to play around him. He also has a better boot than Burrell.

Barritt would be my pick without doubt.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Mar 2015, 5:35 pm

Article I read pointed out the very same thing in that burrel strugglled attacking wise and defence nowhere near barrits. Also pointed out fords ability to put people in space could work.

It then pointed out how non existent barrits kicking game is and the issues this creates.

I am leaning towards barrit as a best of a bad bunch. If Tuilagi can come back fit and adapt to 12 that may be an option

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 29 Mar 2015, 5:46 pm

Barritt can kick, certainly better than Burrell. Non-existent would suggest he can't kick which isn't true.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Sun 29 Mar 2015, 6:47 pm

I believe that before JJ rose to prominence that our best midfield since the last world cup was Barritt and Tuilagi. Perhaps the only thing preventing it from moving up to the next level was someone like Ford at stand off. 

Barritt for me is pigeon-holed and stereotyped so easily because of the sides he has played in and they way in which they have played the game.

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Mar 2015, 7:00 pm

Almost every coach and pundit in rugby will tell you Barritt is a non event as an attacker but they will all tell you he is the most competitive man on the planet and a great defender. Everyone always say that he is one of the best communicators they have ever come across. His organisation of the defence is meant to be something else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 29 Mar 2015, 7:05 pm

A "non event" would suggest he offers nothing in attack, again this isn't true. I've never seen any pundit or coach suggest Barritt offers nothing in attack.

You keep making these sweeping statements that have no substance. I could understand you implying he's got limited attacking skills but again this would be your opinion.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 29 Mar 2015, 7:16 pm

Barritt is just a defensive option at international level, hasn't got speed or power to get through tackles - he's the best defensive no12 out there, which perhaps England could use right now, as our defence fell to pieces at times this 6Nations.

Twelvetrees shouldn't be given any more chances, I don't think Burrell is able to replicate what makes him such a dangerous AP centre at international level. Few papers saying Slade won't make it - you can kind of understand as he goes up and down in form, which is due to his age/experience.

Hopefully Tuilagi is fit, Ford, Tuilagi and JJ would scare defences - especially with Ford's passing game and Tuilagi's ability to suck in defenders and the space it would create for JJ.
Hardest positions to select for RWC squad.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 29 Mar 2015, 7:20 pm

I don't think Tuilagi is an option for the WC, certainly not a starting one anyway.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 29 Mar 2015, 7:23 pm

Tuilagi's the guy that worries other teams defences, you just have to read comments from opposition players to see how much of a threat he is. I'd take a Tuilagi on one leg rather than Burrell, Twelvetrees.

I like Barritt, think he really buys into the whole England ethos, incredible hard working, puts his body on the line, but won't challenge the best defensive lines at the RWC at all. Would start him if Tuilagi wasn't fit.

Other option could be Farrell.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Mar 2015, 7:28 pm

They are not sweeping statements with no substance. It is the opinion of many http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-2925119/Brad-Barritt-determined-prove-critics-wrong-guide-England-Six-Nations-glory.html

Like I said I am leaning towards him as 12
In WC as ford can attack well. England would have won the 6n with barrit in my opinion as we would not have conceded as many and in all honesty Burrell did not add any attacking threat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Mar 2015, 7:33 pm

Bit of trivia from the Saracens game. Ashton became the joint most yellow carded player in the history of the prem. He tied with delon Armitage.

Really odd you would assume most yellow carded players would be some backrowers not a wing and a full back

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Sun 29 Mar 2015, 7:48 pm

To be honest they are gobby!

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 29 Mar 2015, 7:52 pm

He had a cracking game too, scored a great try burning Care off.

Where does that say he's a "non-event" attacking wise? Oh yea it doesn't.

These articles say he lacks flair and is a stop gap. Nobody has ever said he offers nothing in attack.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Mar 2015, 7:57 pm

I was really surprised by it fluxy. Both had 10 or 11 yellows which is a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Sun 29 Mar 2015, 7:59 pm

I know it is almost three or four years ago, but the best example of Barritt being an attacking threat was the NZ game Manu scared them to pieces! It's one thing to say Manu did it single handily, but it also required some vision from players around him to make the use of opportunities that were created.

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 29 Mar 2015, 8:04 pm

Barritt obviously offers an attacking threat Flux, bit daft to suggest he doesn't.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Sun 29 Mar 2015, 8:05 pm

Just don't want to seem that i'm falling for the old trap that I'm over defending one of my own players!

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Mar 2015, 8:07 pm

Fluxy wrote:I know it is almost three or four years ago, but the best example of Barritt being an attacking threat was the NZ game Manu scared them to pieces! It's one thing to say Manu did it single handily, but it also required some vision from players around him to make the use of opportunities that were created.

He was cracking that game. Have the ticket from that game framed from when I went.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 29 Mar 2015, 8:08 pm

I'd have Farrell over Barritt without doubt

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Sun 29 Mar 2015, 8:13 pm

At centre steve?

It proves we have genuine options in the midfield but emphasizes that we need the right combination. I liked the fact we got to see the combination of Eastmond and Manu in midfield, and for it to succesffuly work needed Faz at stand off. 

Right now the only other option I'd like to see tried before the world cup is Ford, Barritt and JJ.

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Mar 2015, 8:17 pm

It's worrying that we have no idea who are centre pairing will be this close to the world . You can name the other nations eg Toomua kurindrani nonu smith Davies Roberts etc.

I think we have no options at 12 that are going to set the world on fire but of the ones we have tried baritt has probably been the best. Farrell has played s lot of 12 and Tuilagi could be an option if fit

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Sun 29 Mar 2015, 9:22 pm

Just noticed you guys on the homepage talking about Beaumont!

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:18 am

That top 3 is bloody close!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:38 am

Home to Bath and away at Glos in my next two league games pretty much decides if I get into the ECC next season!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:47 am

Wow front three so tight! I thought Saints were walking it!?!

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:48 am

6N always kills Chris, he was always going to pulled back.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:49 am

They were at one point Luke.

Can't believe I was sat second, beat the top team, went above them on points and am still second!!!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:50 am

Looking at the fixtures I can see the scenario where the top 3 all finish on the same number of points!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:51 am

Also looks like a shoot out between Quins and Tigers for 4th spot.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:52 am

Europe could be a huge factor for the top 4. Getting knocked out could be a blessing for me.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:53 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:They were at one point Luke.

Can't believe I was sat second, beat the top team, went above them on points and am still second!!!

That's what you get with an accountant running the league..... Whistle

Last edited by Sgt_Pooly on Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:54 am

Europe or bust for me !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:55 am

What happened to putting everything into the league Matt? Wink

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:55 am

Definitely some balancing to be done between Europe and the AP. I've rotated loads to try to be able to run with a core through the run in. Not having Bismarck and Kaino for the next few weeks could be a blessing as they'll come back in for the last couple of rounds and I can't get hit with them being fatigued at the death.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:56 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:
Ozzy3213 wrote:They were at one point Luke.

That's what you get with an accountant running the league..... Whistle

Laugh
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Mon 30 Mar 2015, 11:01 am

Could prove interesting with the league so tight and all involved in huge Europe games too. Interesting to see what happens.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 30 Mar 2015, 11:14 am

Same as Pete, I've been resting and rotating a lot - think I only have the young Argentinian fly half as the only guy who hasn't played a game for me this year.

6Nations is always a killer for me, did better than I did last year and then went unbeaten the rest of the season apart until the last game - fingers crossed for this year!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 30 Mar 2015, 11:20 am

I don't think I've ever finished top of the table after the regular season before. With the greatest of respect to Quins, Tigers and anyone else in the hunt for 4th, finishing top could be key this time around, as I suspect that myself Chris and SJE would all like to avoid each other in the semi finals.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 30 Mar 2015, 11:20 am

Out of interest, lot of people marked Ford down as starting the 6Nations etc, but didnt seem to apply the same for Biggar and Sexton - will I get marked down if Ford plays this week?

Assuming BV, Robshaw, Parisse etc are ok this week.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 30 Mar 2015, 11:23 am

Obviously I didn't predict on our game this week Chris, but at some point those guys will need a week off for me. If they don't get one in the next couple then I will be considering fatigue, mental and physical, for them during the run in.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 30 Mar 2015, 11:24 am

All fine for me this week, not really sure how much people look at fatigue going into the last few games of the season though

I was playing against Biggar and targeted him, and a non fatigued Sexton would have given Sale a clear halfback edge for against Glos, as it was I had to call it evens

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Mar 2015, 11:27 am

How was parisse marked down he did not play last week ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Mon 30 Mar 2015, 11:31 am

I did. He still had a tough four games prior to that. 

And for me if Ford was being marked, so should have been Biggar.

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next