The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ospreys v Leinster

+11
The Saint
LordDowlais
jimbopip
Pot Hale
IanBru
glamorganalun
ScarletSpiderman
bedfordwelsh
wayne
Chunky Norwich
Breadvan
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ospreys v Leinster  - Page 2 Empty Ospreys v Leinster

Post by Breadvan Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

6 Nations shmations, back to the bread n butter of regional top flight rugby. Woohoo!

Pro12: Ospreys v Glasgow
Venue: Liberty Stadium, Swansea Date: Friday, 27 February Kick-off: 17:35 GMT Coverage: Scrum V BBC 2 Wales and BBC Sport website; updates on BBC Radio Wales.

Ospreys: Dan Evans; Tom Grabham, Jonathan Spratt, Josh Matavesi, Hanno Dirksen; Sam Davies, Martin Roberts; Ryan Bevington, Scott Otten, Dmitri Arhip, Tevita Cavubati, Tyler Ardron (Capt), Joe Bearman, James King, Dan Baker
Replacements: Matthew Dwyer, Marc Thomas, Daniel Suter, Rhodri Hughes, Olly Cracknell, Morgan Allen, Tom Habberfield, Richard Fussell
Leinster : Zane Kirchner; Fergus McFadden, Ben Te'o, Gordon D'Arcy, Dave Kearney; Jimmy Gopperth, Isaac Boss (capt); Michael Bent, Richardt Strauss, Tadhg Furlong; Tom Denton, Kane Douglas; Rhys Ruddock, Josh Van Der Flier, Jack Conan.
Replacements: Aaron Dundon, Peter Dooley, Royce Burke-Flynn, Ben Marshall, Dominic Ryan, Luke McGrath, Noel Reid, Darragh Fanning.
Referee: John Lacey (IRFU)
Assistant Referees: Craig Evans, Chris Williams (both WRU)
Citing Commissioner: Gwyn Bowden (WRU)
TMO: Derek Bevan (WRU)

Ospreys need to win this one to get their play off campaign back on track.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Ospreys v Leinster  - Page 2 Empty Re: Ospreys v Leinster

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:06 am

I honestly didn't think it was as bad as it looked
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:16 am

GavinDragon wrote:another terrible performance from John Lacey - when will the Pro12 start utilising neutral ref's only it is an absolute joke

Neutral refs are not necessarily the answer, as I would hate to be forced into playing big games with Italian or Scottish refs. Maybe just ensuring that when a ref has an absolute howler of a game more than once they get moved down the pecking order, and when a young red does well rewarding them with bigger games.

Except for last weekend I would always be happier with Dudley Phillips as ref in a big game against Munster/Ulster/Leinster than I would with Mitrea or Patterson etc.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:47 am

I thought he made a couple odd calls, at the breakdown which favoured Leinster. It didn't affect the result but IMO it still isn't acceptable at this level! Wonder how other Pro12 ref's faired this weekend?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:50 pm

jimbopip wrote:From a Glasgow point of view: could you contrive a low scoring draw please?

Tonight's lottery numbers provided for a small fee. Whistle

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:20 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/31717203

Elbow has been cited
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:18 am

Hmmm.................. so much for the love-in with officials Wink

I'll have to get on the phone this instant to demand they release them boys from the high security prison! Don't they know them's Irish lads??????

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:31 am

SecretFly wrote:Hmmm.................. so much for the love-in with officials Wink

I'll have to get on the phone this instant to demand they release them boys from the high security prison!  Don't they know them's Irish lads??????  

really constructive there clap
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:00 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/31717203

Elbow has been cited

Just imagine the outrage on here if that was 3 welsh players.

Glad the elbow has been cited, it's dangerous and if the laws condone that type of fend then something should be done.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:29 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Hmmm.................. so much for the love-in with officials Wink

I'll have to get on the phone this instant to demand they release them boys from the high security prison!  Don't they know them's Irish lads??????  

Oh sorry...this is an official 'serious' thread?

Oh didn't see that on my way in. Carry on, Scarlet.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:40 pm

SecretFly wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Oh sorry...this is an official 'serious' thread?

Oh didn't see that on my way in.  Carry on, Scarlet.

Lets face it you never do censored
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:43 pm

Oh I think I've enough grim, glum and serious posts floating in the ether to prove that theory wrong Wink

Like I said, enjoy the thread.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:20 pm

With regards to these citings, especialy the Ulster pair, I am wondering where all the Irish fans who were Hang, drawing and quartering Liam Williams now are, I remember having an all mighty ding dong on here with the Ulster fans saying that Ulster are a niggly team and now this just proves it, also Ben Te'o has a plaster cast on his forearm that he led with into Sam Davies's face but he the ref refused to take the TMO's advice and ingored this, it happened before to Sam Warburton, same player, same forearm and same result, this league is a joke, it is geared up for the Irish, I am fed up to my back teeth with it, no wonder us Welsh do not go and watch the regions as much as we should, there is to much bias towards the Irish in the Pro12, but funnily enough if you dare say it you get ripped apart.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:23 pm

I know LD. I said earlier the Irish would be going crazy if those 3 were Welsh players. We've seen it before all too often.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:29 pm

Saint, I honestly think we would be better off just walking away from the whole damn thing and doing something ourselves, almost every game the Ospreys have played against Irish sides this season they have had an Irish ref, it's a joke, I am yet to see Nigel Owens ref a Welsh region against an Irish region, I wonder why that is ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:46 pm

LD - Welsh regions bring WRU referee with them to games in Ireland. Irish provinces bring IFRU with them to games in Wales. The reason being the dire officiated by Scots/Italian refs in these very important matches.

There is rucktions when irish players don't get cited. Now there is controversy because they are cited. A player does something wrong, then they get punished, simple as.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:49 pm

thebandwagonsociety wrote:LD - Welsh regions bring WRU referee with them to games in Ireland.  Irish provinces bring IFRU with them to games in Wales.  The reason being the dire officiated by Scots/Italian refs in these very important matches.

There is rucktions when irish players don't get cited. Now there is controversy because they are cited.  A player does something wrong, then they get punished, simple as.

Irish teams get Irish refs in Ireland as well butty. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:27 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Saint, I honestly think we would be better off just walking away from the whole damn thing and doing something ourselves, almost every game the Ospreys have played against Irish sides this season they have had an Irish ref, it's a joke, I am yet to see Nigel Owens ref a Welsh region against an Irish region, I wonder why that is ?

God you boys when you get on a righteous bandwagon!!!

Beware the wheels.  The wheels are always the first thing to go on the bandwagon.

If the Welsh want to get out of Pro12 - fine.

But here's the facts to kill your 'exacerbated' fantasy, Lord.  Don't you ever look up facts to back up your fantasy, btw?

By all means look up the detail and correct me on anything I have wrong here.  I usually don't do it that often:

So - to date there have been 23 games against Welsh v Irish sides in Pro12.

4 of them have been refereed by Irish referees
8 of them have been refereed by Italian referees
5 of them have been refereed by Scottish referees

How many is that so far? 17?

How many more do we need to make up 23?

6 of them have been refereed by Welsh referees.

And now to the specifics of Ospreys and their afflicted relationship with Irish refs.

Ospreys have played Irish sides 6 times so far this season.

1 Italian referee
1 Scottish referee
2 Irish referees (the scoundrels)
2 Welsh referees (how did they get in to ruin a theory Lord was developing??)

So you see.  Irish sides have been reffed more by Welsh referees than the other way round.  And yet, that means nothing in the continuing war of words about how invasive the Irish ref is and how much he throws games to help his Irish provinces out.

Like I said earlier.  If you're simply frustrated with all things Irish and want out of the Pro12, then fine.  Get the ball rolling by writing your letter.  But don't invent 'truths' to bolster the reasons why.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:31 pm

I think you will find that Nigel Pearson is from Northern Ireland. thumbsup

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:34 pm

LordDowlais wrote:I think you will find that Nigel Pearson is from Northern Ireland. thumbsup

That's all you can say about the "Almost every game"??

More Welsh refs ruined our games than ours ruined yours so far Lord. That's the only truth in the numbers even if you include Pearson.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:07 pm

I'm sure all the Irish who were quick to criticise Rynard Landman will be along somewhere to criticise the actions of a few Irish based players. All about the balance see.

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:25 pm

Risca Rev wrote:I'm sure all the Irish who were quick to criticise Rynard Landman will be along somewhere to criticise the actions of a few Irish based players. All about the balance see.

Laugh Angry when we show up... annoyed that we don't.

There are bigger reffing issues now Risca. WRU paid off Walsh to stay away and have replaced him with Barnes. That'll be two yellow cards to us. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2