The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Individually, how good is this Irish team?

+23
geoff998rugby
ME-109
profitius
Pot Hale
Sin é
FecklessRogue
The Saint
Rory_Gallagher
quinsforever
SirBurger
bedfordwelsh
Gwlad
funnyExiledScot
offload
rodders
SecretFly
Stewie15
Notch
RubyGuby
Geordie
thebandwagonsociety
GunsGerms
captain carrantuohil
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Individually, how good is this Irish team? - Page 3 Empty Individually, how good is this Irish team?

Post by captain carrantuohil Wed 04 Mar 2015, 2:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

It seems to have become an article of faith that the current Irish side is winning games through discipline, error-free rugby and a tactical and strategic approach that is somewhere close to genius. The suggestion, implied or spoken outright, is that there are few individual stars in this 'faceless' green machine.

I suggest that this does the players a serious disservice - at least five of the side that beat England (Murray, Sexton, Bowe, O'Connell and Healy) would be in contention for a "best Irish team of the past 50 years" jersey. The crocked Heaslip would similarly be in the running at 8 - that's one hell of a nucleus of outstanding individuals around which to build a team. Seems to me that in the rush to praise the organisation and the collective effort, we shouldn't forget that there are some mighty accomplished players out there.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Individually, how good is this Irish team? - Page 3 Empty Re: Individually, how good is this Irish team?

Post by rodders Thu 05 Mar 2015, 3:25 pm

Take it to the bank Guns...btw saw some imposter trying to impersonate the great Gibbo on 42.ie there... Wink
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Individually, how good is this Irish team? - Page 3 Empty Re: Individually, how good is this Irish team?

Post by whocares Thu 05 Mar 2015, 3:43 pm

what happened to the other thread on Barnes ? I posted something and suddenly it disapeared Sad

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 3:44 pm

I guess the blatent slander?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 05 Mar 2015, 3:50 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:I guess the blatent slander?

What slander? All I did was point out the facts. Ridiculous to remove that article.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 05 Mar 2015, 3:51 pm

blatant slander my arse, 7 1/2  Most of that junk was play-acting and tom foolery.  

People here need to do a lot of bloody growing up.  If I don't like hearing something, I press a button?  If only life was really like that, we'd all have been red-buttoned into silence a long time ago.

But let's keep an eye on 'slander' for future reference to all future refs in all future games.  I know I'll have my finger on that exclamation mark - especially during WC Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 05 Mar 2015, 3:51 pm

rodders wrote:Take it to the bank Guns...btw saw some imposter trying to impersonate the great Gibbo on 42.ie there... Wink

Oh right was that you?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 3:53 pm

I'm guessing Fly. For the record I didn't report anything. I was challenging the view not wanting it censored.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Thu 05 Mar 2015, 3:54 pm

SecretFly wrote:
blatant slander my arse, 7 1/2  Most of that junk was play-acting and tom foolery.  

People here need to do a lot of bloody growing up.  If I don't like hearing something, I press a button?  If only life was really like that, we'd all have been red-buttoned into silence a long time ago.

But let's keep an eye on 'slander' for future reference to all future refs in all future games.  I know I'll have my finger on that exclamation mark - especially during WC Wink

100% agree with that

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 05 Mar 2015, 3:56 pm

Je suis Wayne Barnes.

Last edited by GunsGerms on Thu 05 Mar 2015, 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 3:57 pm

Don't you get notification of why it was removed as the author?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 05 Mar 2015, 3:58 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Don't you get notification of why it was removed as the author?

No. Its all part of the conspiracy I think.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 3:58 pm

Barnes is obviously in cahoots with Steve Walsh and Putin.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 05 Mar 2015, 4:02 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:I'm guessing Fly. For the record I didn't report anything. I was challenging the view not wanting it censored.

I didn't think it was you initially, then I wasn't so sure with that comment above.  Glad it wasn't as I'd put you down as one of the more temperate posters in this wild place.  Apologies for the snap Smile

I certainly didn't slander anyone and I still saw the red mark above my name before it closed.

Every time anyone questions the bias of any ref, that's a definition of slander.  But this place is stuffed with it - most especially over on Pro12 threads against the refs of a certain Nation.  All the time - every week - every month. Yet we take it, we laugh it off, we engage and very few offender ever worry about red marks closing down the topics.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 05 Mar 2015, 4:04 pm

Flair is not a goal, flair is an symptom of accuracy. With Schmidt, it's emergent, not inherent.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 05 Mar 2015, 4:06 pm

It doesn't bother me who complained but I don't think the mods should have censored it. Maybe no one complained. That's their choice anyway though so I'm not that bothered.

Ireland's record with him as ref is dire and his record of penalizing Ireland and not our opposition is dreadful so I don't have to like him.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 05 Mar 2015, 4:13 pm

Flair has little to do with modern day rugby - Its now called Risk by the way  thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Thu 05 Mar 2015, 5:53 pm

Ireland in 5 years time.
http://balls.ie/rugby/244741-ireland-rugby-team-2020/

profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 05 Mar 2015, 5:57 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
rodders wrote:Take it to the bank Guns...btw saw some imposter trying to impersonate the great Gibbo on 42.ie there... Wink

Oh right was that you?

No but the fella in the pic didn't look much like gibbo... I'd have my doubts! Smile
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 05 Mar 2015, 6:01 pm

whocares wrote:what happened to the other thread on Barnes ? I posted something and suddenly it disapeared Sad

The RFU/PRL/IRB Illuminati are behind it - you can't beat the man it seems...snake eyes, another win for the house.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3