The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rocky Fielding in 8 rounder on Saturday night !!

+2
Soldier_Of_Fortune
TRUSSMAN66
6 posters

Go down

Rocky Fielding in 8 rounder on Saturday night !! Empty Rocky Fielding in 8 rounder on Saturday night !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 9:43 am

Been a pro four and a half years.....Opponent is 19-18...Lost five out of his last six !!

Go and take up Tennis Fielding.......... or get a 9-5 job !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Rocky Fielding in 8 rounder on Saturday night !! Empty Re: Rocky Fielding in 8 rounder on Saturday night !!

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 05 Mar 2015, 10:12 am

Fishing....................

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Rocky Fielding in 8 rounder on Saturday night !! Empty Re: Rocky Fielding in 8 rounder on Saturday night !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 10:17 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Fishing....................

If you think a guy that's been a pro for 4 1/2 years and is fighting guys 19-18 isn't a joke..........

Then you're an idiot..

Career hasn't stalled ...It's died.

Anyway now you've delivered your usual contribution..........No need to respond further..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 05 Mar 2015, 10:24 am

Not after a injury layoff due to hand surgery no...

He will still lay out Paul Smith when they meet...

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 10:29 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Not after a injury layoff due to hand surgery no...

He'll be a pro 5 years by then.........and let's be honest Smith is a journeyman who I think should retire..

I like this kid think he has talent !!......But geez he should have fought somebody decent by now........Can't think of a career like it !!

1984 olympic team had all fought for world titles after 2/3 years..........This kid will be at commonwealth level after 5 !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 10:32 am

Calling smith a journeyman is ridiculous and you know it

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 05 Mar 2015, 10:32 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Not after a injury layoff due to hand surgery no...

He'll be a pro 5 years by then.........and let's be honest Smith is a journeyman who I think should retire..

I like this kid think he has talent !!......But geez he should have fought somebody decent by now........Can't think of a career like it !!

1984 olympic team had all fought for world  titles after 2/3 years..........This kid will be at commonwealth level after 5 !!

True........he's just around in a era on high level supermiddles in this country though. Smith needs to decide if he wants his Londsdale belt for keeps or not. Terry Flanagan gets stripped for not defending it for 9months, Paul Smiths had it for 2 years!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 05 Mar 2015, 10:34 am

wheelchair1991 wrote:Calling smith a journeyman is ridiculous and you know it

He's got journeyman like talent, but dedicates himself to the sport.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 10:39 am

wheelchair1991 wrote:Calling smith a journeyman is ridiculous and you know it

He's a journeyman that got a shot at the belt....

Lost to Degale and Groves.............Which means what.....He's world class ??

Nothing wrong with being an accomplished journeyman.................Tillis fought for the World title..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 05 Mar 2015, 10:41 am

Especially his showning against both DeGale and Groves isnt something to be lauded over. Plus he lost (clearly) both to decisions to a on the slide Abraham.

I think he knows he will be in last chance saloon if he fights Rocky. He doesnt want to come to that realisation yet.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 05 Mar 2015, 10:41 am

TRUSSY knows as well as anyone that journeymen don't go 35-5.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 10:45 am

Scottrf wrote:TRUSSY knows as well as anyone that journeymen don't go 35-5.

Tillis had a decent record at one point and fought for a world title TWICE !!..........Walcott was 13-13 at one point..............Records aren't a pointer...

Fact is he's not World class................You agree ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 05 Mar 2015, 10:45 am

Liked Rocky, till he decided to eat what he wanted and come in well over weight. For me it shown a lack of respect to his opponent and the fans.

Hope he gets beat.

P.S If Smith was a Yank, you'd be lauding him for his bravery and courage and going mad at anyone calling him a journeyman Truss

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 10:47 am

Derbymanc wrote:Liked Rocky, till he decided to eat what he wanted and come in well over weight. For me it shown a lack of respect to his opponent and the fans.

Hope he gets beat.

P.S If Smith was a Yank, you'd be lauding him for his bravery and courage and going mad at anyone calling him a journeyman Truss

No I wouldn't......

Said it before and I'll say it again...............I'm a huge Hatton fight one of the few on here........Loved Sibbo and Eubank as well..

Don't bring where i'm from into it............I'm objective as they come..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 05 Mar 2015, 10:48 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:TRUSSY knows as well as anyone that journeymen don't go 35-5.

Tillis had a decent record at one point and fought for a world title TWICE !!..........Walcott was 13-13 at one point..............Records aren't a pointer...

Fact is he's not World class................You agree ??
World class and journeyman aren't the only types of boxers. I agree he's not World class. He's more of a decent British/Lower Euro level gatekeeper.

A journeyman is someone brought in, often last minute to give experience to up and coming boxers without any real chance of an upset. If they have a winning record they don't fit the description. Records are a pointer.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 10:50 am

Starling was considered a journeyman at one point..........

Depends on the opposition...........

If Degale, Groves, Froch and any other decent SM want a test...........They can ask for this guy..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 05 Mar 2015, 10:51 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:Liked Rocky, till he decided to eat what he wanted and come in well over weight. For me it shown a lack of respect to his opponent and the fans.

Hope he gets beat.

No I wouldn't......

Said it before and I'll say it again...............I'm a huge Hatton fight one of the few on here........Loved Sibbo and Eubank as well..

Of course you are Truss, and somewhere D4's screaming that he's not a Manny fan and i'm currently sewing a forest badge on me T-Shirt Wink

We know your very patriotic bud, it's a good thing to be just sometimes you tend to change the yardstick for certain boxers. Wouldn't have you any other way though. Hug

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 05 Mar 2015, 10:53 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Starling was considered a journeyman at one point..........

Depends on the opposition...........

If Degale, Groves, Froch and any other decent SM want a test...........They can ask for this guy..

Paul Smith?..........you taking the urine?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 10:56 am

Derbymanc wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Hope he gets beat.

No I wouldn't......

Of course you are Truss, and somewhere D4's screaming that he's not a Manny fan and i'm currently sewing a forest badge on me T-Shirt Wink

We know your very patriotic bud, it's a good thing to be just sometimes you tend to change the yardstick for certain boxers. Wouldn't have you any other way though. Hug

You don't know me at all................

Slag of American fighters all the time...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 11:00 am

Shock horror SOF dislikes Paul Smith and fails to be objective on anything involving him, and Truss calls a decent British level operator a journeyman.

I must have missed the meeting where it was decided that if you're not world class, you're a journeyman.

As for Fielding, his stunt when he came in hugely overweight was a disgrace, it was unprofessional and things like shouldn't just be brushed under the carpet.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 05 Mar 2015, 11:03 am

Only the ones that are already pants.

You have different sets of rules for different fighters (see ummm I dunno, Ward and Klitschko)

Liking a British fighter does not absolve you of bias and everyone is bias to someone in regards to sport.

But the comment was about Rocky Fielding. Coming back of (I think) a big injury then it's no different to what boxers have been doing for years, an easyish fight to shake of the rust and then (hopefully) in with someone who'll give him a test.

I can't fault Smith for not fighting him due to the weight issues but I'm sure something could be put in place to stop that happening next time. (And if Smith isn't going to fight him, then someone else should be given the opportunity)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 11:04 am

hampo171 wrote:Shock horror SOF dislikes Paul Smith and fails to be objective on anything involving him, and Truss calls a decent British level operator a journeyman.

I must have missed the meeting where it was decided that if you're not world class, you're a journeyman.

As for Fielding, his stunt when he came in hugely overweight was a disgrace, it was unprofessional and things like shouldn't just be brushed under the carpet.

Journeymen are people like Tillis who give top fighters at the weight a decent test................and he's given the best at the weight a decent test....Hasn't beaten anybody of a decent standard !!

He's only got a good record because he fights no marks............

If Bruno wasn't British he'd have probably been a journeyman too losing to Smith and Timmy...............Probably still hod carrying..

Good journeyman.............is Paul.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 05 Mar 2015, 11:08 am

Last word on this
a journeyman is a fighter who has adequate skill but is not of the caliber of a contender or gatekeeper. Outside of combat sports, a "journeyman" is a trader or crafter who has completed an apprenticeship, but is not at the level of a master craftsman. Hence, when applied to them, a "journeyman" implies a fighter who is no longer a novice, and has the sufficient degree of boxing skill that may be expected from a professional, but who does not have the mastery possessed by the contenders.

Smith could be considered a journeyman at world level (although the fact he ran AA close the first fight could be used to dispute that)

At all other levels, not even close to a journeyman.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 05 Mar 2015, 11:10 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Journeymen are people like Tillis who give top fighters at the weight a decent test................and he's given the best at the weight a decent test....Hasn't beaten anybody of a decent standard !!
I think most people would call that gatekeeper. Or a contender depending on exact level. Certainly not a journeyman.

A journeyman is someone whose name replaces TBA on a schedule.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 11:11 am

Derbymanc wrote:Last word on this
a journeyman is a fighter who has adequate skill but is not of the caliber of a contender or gatekeeper. Outside of combat sports, a "journeyman" is a trader or crafter who has completed an apprenticeship, but is not at the level of a master craftsman. Hence, when applied to them, a "journeyman" implies a fighter who is no longer a novice, and has the sufficient degree of boxing skill that may be expected from a professional, but who does not have the mastery possessed by the contenders.

Smith could be considered a journeyman at world level (although the fact he ran AA close the first fight could be used to dispute that)

At all other levels, not even close to a journeyman.

So he's a journeyman.............If he was American you would never have heard of him.............Would have been another Sanderline Williams, Jorge Amparo...

It's no insult to be considered a decent journeyman..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 05 Mar 2015, 11:13 am

No he's not, it tells you in there you plum, he's a contender or gatekeeper for British and Euro level.

R.T.F.A

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 11:21 am

Oh trussy your double standards never fail to amaze me

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 05 Mar 2015, 11:32 am

hampo171 wrote:Shock horror SOF dislikes Paul Smith and fails to be objective on anything involving him, and Truss calls a decent British level operator a journeyman.

Can't see the post where its states if you not World Class you a journeyman. But has he ever beaten anyone above domestic level?

Shock horror boxer misses weight......he's not the first and won't be the last.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 05 Mar 2015, 11:39 am

Didn't he miss it by a LOT though SOF. (1/2 a stone)

If you can't show respect to your fans/opponent then why should we care about you (as stated, I was a fan.)

We've been dragging on the heavyweights for being flabby sacks, why should anyone else be different?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 11:40 am

He didn't just miss the weight though did he? If I remember rightly he weighed in at the weight class above, showing a disrespect for his opponent in the process. At least if you know you can't make weight, make it look like you tried.

As for the comment regarding journeymen, that was aimed at Truss and as others have pointed out, he's just trying to put down a Brit.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 05 Mar 2015, 11:46 am

hampo171 wrote:He didn't just miss the weight though did he? If I remember rightly he weighed in at the weight class above, showing a disrespect for his opponent in the process. At least if you know you can't make weight, make it look like you tried.

As for the comment regarding journeymen, that was aimed at Truss and as others have pointed out, he's just trying to put down a Brit.

Well if you miss your weight arent you classed as the weight class above anyway Headscratch He was bone dry, he told Eddie he wasnt going to make it and he advised him to have a drink ect for health reasons. Think he weighed 171/172. He's had his licks from everyone and lessoned learned.

Back to Paul Smith, who has he beaten above domestic level?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 05 Mar 2015, 11:47 am

Depending on who you ask.

AA first time out Wink

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 11:50 am

Laugh Must admit... Seeing Soldier's name on the soccer threads and being pretty slow on here today....Figured I'd write this piece of S**t.....

Good old Soldier..He's always game..... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 05 Mar 2015, 11:53 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Laugh  Must admit... Seeing Soldier's name on the soccer threads and being pretty slow on here today....Figured I'd write this piece of S**t.....

Well its killed some time in here...ill actually have to sort doing some work soon.

Always nice to have our little 'discussions' Hug

I haven't been on for a while, been off work sick for a few months and thats generally when I have time to come on hahaha OK

Think we have been spoilt with a lot of boxing of recently....on all platforms

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 05 Mar 2015, 12:00 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Depending on who you ask.

AA first time out Wink

That deserves a picard

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 12:01 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Laugh  Must admit... Seeing Soldier's name on the soccer threads and being pretty slow on here today....Figured I'd write this piece of S**t.....

Well its killed some time in here...ill actually have to sort doing some work soon.

Always nice to have our little 'discussions' Hug

I haven't been on for a while, been off work sick for a few months and thats generally when I have time to come on hahaha OK

Think we have been spoilt with a lot of boxing of recently....on all platforms

I enjoy having you on here Mate.............You shoot from the hip and there is never a dull moment....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 05 Mar 2015, 12:02 pm

AA first time out Wink

That deserves a picard

May I ask why???

Just because you don't like the guy and think an overweight Rocky could have done better (maybe sat on him) doesn't mean everyone else did/does Wink

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 12:08 pm

AA first time out Wink

If that's rebuttal.....Then you can get on with the sentencing..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 05 Mar 2015, 12:12 pm

Derbymanc wrote:

AA first time out Wink

That deserves a picard

May I ask why???

Just because you don't like the guy and think an overweight Rocky could have done better (maybe sat on him) doesn't mean everyone else did/does Wink

Honestly.............never been a fan of Smith, and there's a good few boxing fans in Liverpool as well that agree with this sentiment. He's too smug and up his own arse for my liking. He doesn't take criticism too well either. Seen plenty of tweets where he responds to criticism as 'you have never boxed so you can't comment'. But then his next tweet he would talking about the match and will criticise a particular players performance, should he be allowed to judge....since he doesn't play football professionally?

The first fight I scored 116-112 Abraham.....and that was an Abraham that was spotted drinking a pint of lager with his meal after the weigh in.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 05 Mar 2015, 12:13 pm

Nah, more prodding the dog.

Looking at the records I don't really see that much between them Other than Smith has fought for a world title and Rocky's still languishing against a journeyman.

Think it's too easy when you don't like a boxer to grab onto 'well he lost to ????' in the case of AA, the first fight was a lot closer than some people (like yourself) would like to say.

(Your just upset I 'exposed' (although think we all know it) your US bias Wink)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 12:14 pm

Derbymanc wrote:

AA first time out Wink

That deserves a picard

May I ask why???

Honestly.............never been a fan of Smith, and there's a good few boxing fans in Liverpool as well that agree with this sentiment. He's too smug and up his own arse for my liking. He doesn't take criticism too well either. Seen plenty of tweets where he responds to criticism as 'you have never boxed so you can't comment'. But then his next tweet he would talking about the match and will criticise a particular players performance, should he be allowed to judge....since he doesn't play football professionally?

The first fight I scored 116-112 Abraham.....and that was an Abraham that was spotted drinking a pint of lager with his meal after the weigh in.

Let's be honest Abraham looks well past it anyway................Groves and Degale both beat him easy and the other Smith boy...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 05 Mar 2015, 12:18 pm

Derbymanc wrote:

AA first time out Wink

That deserves a picard
May I ask why???

That's fair enough SOF, don't use twitter (or much social media) so couldn't comment on that. Thought Smith just edged the AA fight but there were enough people to say it was the other way for me to say it could have gone either way.

Can't comment for him out of the ring but thought he conducted himself well in it and did himself proud. He was well and truly outclassed in the 2nd fight and will be interesting to see what he does from here because if like you say his ego is a bit big, will he be able to accept dropping down a level?

As for Rocky, don't think he deserves a shot at the british title again unless he proves he's motivated for the sport/fans, I do think however that Smith should have to defend it against someone. (I'd preferrably like to see a rule that states you have to defend your title every 6 months unless of major circumstances.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 05 Mar 2015, 12:45 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Nah, more prodding the dog.

Looking at the records I don't really see that much between them Other than Smith has fought for a world title and Rocky's still languishing against a journeyman.

Think it's too easy when you don't like a boxer to grab onto 'well he lost to ????' in the case of AA, the first fight was a lot closer than some people (like yourself) would like to say.

(Your just upset I 'exposed' (although think we all know it) your US bias Wink)

I think a majority had Abraham by at least 115-113.

Rocky hasn't stepped up or had the chance to (although I will say Noe Gonzales is better win then any win on Paul's record), he wants that British title and unless Smith Jnr pulls off a master stroke and fights some credible fighter for a world title eliminator, he's going to look quite cowardly in relinquising his belt.

Derbymanc wrote:As for Rocky, don't think he deserves a shot at the british title again unless he proves he's motivated for the sport/fans, I do think however that Smith should have to defend it against someone. (I'd preferrably like to see a rule that states you have to defend your title every 6 months unless of major circumstances.

BBBoC seem to think so as they have ordered it. There is a rule like that in place but its seems to be too flexible

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 12:49 pm

In all honesty Soldier...............Do you give him a shout against Callum Smith ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 05 Mar 2015, 12:56 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:In all honesty Soldier...............Do you give him a shout against Callum Smith ??

I would definately give him a shout.......it would be a very interesting fight. There is still alot of unknownings regarding both fighters going in.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down