The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zetland Gold Cup

2 posters

Go down

Zetland Gold Cup Empty Zetland Gold Cup

Post by racingnut Sun 29 May 2011, 5:43 pm

If im feeling brave and the weather is ok i might just venture to the local course for their big handicap of the season.I used to go religiously every year for this,it used to attract some really decent types from plenty of the big yards but its wained in recent times.I can remember Teleprompter running in this with 7-13 and getting beat!
No doubt there will still be a decent crowd tomorrow but by the fourth race half will be rolling drunk and half disrobed! As a card its pretty poor apart from the main event,wouldnt touch any of the maidens or the seller and a three horse 10f handicap is easily forgotten so its the Zetland or nothing.Decent types involved but one horse jumps out at me,BIKINI BABE running of 93 is absolutely thrown in on some of her best form,fifth in the Musidora last year,eighth in the Oaks(14l behind Snow Fairy),fair effort behind Dandino at Ripon this season(ran like she needed it),if she gets on the front end(track favours this run style) then i think she will take some pegging back.Might end up as far wrong as you can get but at 20s or bigger she is worth a little ew tickle.
Rest of the racing is very Mondayish,watching brief only for some more pointers for later in the season.Derby meeting on the horizon so all eyes head south at the back end of the week,there will be better opportunities there im sure but it would be nice to pick up a bit of "ammo" before it all starts.

Good luck if you play. thumbsup

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Zetland Gold Cup Empty Re: Zetland Gold Cup

Post by Grahame1971 Sun 29 May 2011, 9:50 pm

Enjoy your day Racingnut if you go to Redcar tomorrow ... I'm thinking of going to my local track, Leicester (at least we have no Walk-Overs or void races tomorrow due to poor prize money) or might hop down to Towcester although the cards are not particular great at either. With regards to the Zetland up at Redcar, trawling through the runners the one for me would be Pendragon, the 1m 2f is perfect, i think is weighted to go very close and the quick ground will pose no problems. Of the longer priced runners, Halicarnassus is ridiculoulsy priced at 20/1. Having raced in top company over the past couple of years, this may represent a drop in class required and at the odds i'd be interested at trying to sneak at least a place. Doubt if Channon would make the trip for no reason (unless he's gone along for the ride to watch Leitzu win later on the card !!!). Jim Goldies Merchant of Dubai will pick up a race later this season over 1m 4f, this is too short i think and he's anchored by top weight.
So for me, Pendragon from Halicarnassus .... The best of luck if you play but remember, this is the quick pint before they bring the starter next Friday, with the main course being served on Saturday !!! Wink

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Mon 30 May 2011, 9:07 am

One to watch at Carlisle....FIBS AND FLANNEL.backed him at Haydock last time out as hes back on to a winnable mark and i thought the race would be run to suit,didnt quite go as planned as i thought he sat too close to a very strong pace and he didnt finish it off like id reckoned.Runs off the same mark today(71) and if hes restrained a tad more then im sure he can get into the mix.Watch the market as well,hes invariably well punted when hes "on"(8s into 5s last time). thumbsup

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down