The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Versus Series - Roode vs Orton

+2
Marky
Adam D
6 posters

Go down

The Versus Series - Roode vs Orton Empty The Versus Series - Roode vs Orton

Post by Adam D Fri 20 Mar 2015, 8:47 am

http://v2wrestling.com/5/post/2015/03/the-versus-series-roode-vs-orton.html
The Versus Series - Roode vs Orton 3019248

by Talon from TNAsylum.com

TALE OF THE TAPE

HEIGHT
6” - Roode
6’5” - Orton

WEIGHT
235 lbs - Orton 
240 lbs - Roode

HOMETOWN - Roode
Toronto, Canada

SIGNATURE MOVES - Roode
Toronto, Canada
Roode Bomb
Crossface

HOMETOWN - Orton
St. Louis, Missouri

SIGNATURE MOVES - Orton
RKO 
Punt Kick

ACCOMPLISHMENTS - Roode
TNA World Champion
TNA Tag Team Champion
BFG Series Winner

ACCOMPLISHMENTS - Orton
WWE World Champion
WWE Tag Team Champion
Royal Rumble Winner

The first contest in the TNAsylum.com Versus series is a match that I have wanted to see for the past few years. While both Randy Orton and Bobby Roode are different from an achievement standpoint, I feel that they have similar personalities. Both men were cold-hearted villains that sent chills down your spines. To me (at least) I also see similarities in their appearance and presentation. Having one of TNA's biggest names against one of WWE's biggest names is a match I would look forward to.

Randy Orton has many more accomplishments in his WWE career. He debuted for WWE in 2002 and held title after title. Instead of recapping Orton's entire career, let me just cite some of his many achievements. He was the youngest WWE Champion at the age of 24. That would be the first of 12 World Title reigns (between the World Title and WWE Title).

Orton would be one of the biggest faces in WWE from 2005-2015. He has had notable rivalries with names such as Undertaker, Triple H and John Cena. He was often the go-to guy for the Smackdown brand for many years. The list for what Randy Orton has done is no short one. I can't repeat how much attention Orton has received for the WWE.

Bobby Roode is a completely different story. His is a story of a man working his way up from tag team wrestler to finally being given his World Title shot. Roode is one of TNA's most decorated tag team wrestlers, being half of arguably TNA's greatest tag team in Beer Money. They held 7 Tag Team Titles (between the NWA and TNA Tag Titles).

In 2011, Roode broke through and earned his first World Title. This title reign would end up being TNA's longest TNA World Title reign. The lengths that Roode would go to just to defend his World Title reminded me of different stages that Randy Orton took his career through. Whether it be spitting in Dixie Carter's face (Orton RKO'ing Stephanie) or using all means necessary to hold onto the title (Orton's reign in 2013/2014). There are definitely similarities to how these guys were presented as champion.

While Orton is more decorated and has a height advantage, Roode has the weight advantage. Orton's RKO is deadly and can come out of nowhere but Roode has a number of tools from the Roode Bomb to the Crossface that he could put Orton away with. If Roode can scout the RKO and nail one of his many signatures, he could come away the winner.

This would be a nice hybrid brawl/WWE style match. I honestly don't know who I see as the victor, however it is a match I wouldn't want to miss.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Versus Series - Roode vs Orton Empty Re: The Versus Series - Roode vs Orton

Post by Marky Fri 20 Mar 2015, 10:33 am

Fortunately the match outcome would be pre-determined Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 20 Mar 2015, 10:34 am

Would they not be too similar to have a proper feud? If there was ever a moment when both were on the same show, I would imagine them on the same team rather than rivals.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 20 Mar 2015, 2:01 pm

I do think that Bobby Roode is somebody that had his talent as a singles star been spotted earlier would have had a good shot at making it in the WWE. He can have really good matches, is good on the mic and is a believable star. He's got a good look as well, the only thing perhaps that would have held him back is his height, 6' is quite short for a main event star.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 20 Mar 2015, 2:25 pm

Crimey wrote:6' is quite short for a main event star.

Daniel Bryan would beg to differ.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Fri 20 Mar 2015, 7:04 pm

Samo wrote:

But he's been pushed aside for a 6ft+ Samoan.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 20 Mar 2015, 8:17 pm

Samo wrote:

And I'd ask him where he is on the card right now.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 21 Mar 2015, 4:39 am

Well... he did main event Fast Lane.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down