The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mexican Wrestler dies after match with Rey Mysterio.

+4
BD21
RinoGattuso
Prometheus
Samo
8 posters

Go down

Mexican Wrestler dies after match with Rey Mysterio. Empty Mexican Wrestler dies after match with Rey Mysterio.

Post by Samo Sat 21 Mar 2015, 12:26 pm

In a freak accident, One of the top stars in Mexico, El Hijo del Perro Aguayo, reportedly died early Saturday morning after taking Rey Mysterio's 619 maneuver at a AAA show Friday night in Tijuana, Mexico.

According to news reports, El Hijo took the 619 in the trachea trying to avoid the move, causing severe whiplash. El Hijo was placed on a backbrace by paramedics and taken out of the Municipal Auditorium arena to Del Prado hospital.

The Zeta publication initially reported that El Hijo was stabilized at the hospital after losing consciousness. However, local news outlet El-Mexicano.com reported that El Hijo was pronounced dead around 1:00 a.m. local time. Zeta followed up with a headline story also reporting that El Hijo died early Saturday morning.

AAA issued a brief statement early Saturday on Twitter. The translation: "The grief overwhelms our hearts. Rest in peace, El Hijo del Perro Aguayo."

Rival promotion CMLL also tweeted a statement early Saturday morning joining the lucha libre community in mourning El Hijo's death.

El Hijo main-evented AAA's "Rey de Reyes" PPV in a tag match against Mysterio just two days earlier. It was Mysterio's first match since leaving WWE.

A short time before Mysterio's match Friday night in Tijuana, Mysterio tweeted about his scheduled WrestleMania Weekend appearance at "WaleMania" in California this coming week.

Source - PWTorch.

Sounds horrible, feel really bad for the guy, and for Mysterio. Its never a good thing when a wrestler passes, even worse when its because of what happened in the ring.

Last edited by Samo on Sat 21 Mar 2015, 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Samo

Back to top Go down

Mexican Wrestler dies after match with Rey Mysterio. Empty Re: Mexican Wrestler dies after match with Rey Mysterio.

Post by Prometheus Sat 21 Mar 2015, 2:38 pm

Yeh. Heard about it earlier, but the way I'd heard it was that it was a drop-kick to set up the 619 and the fall into the ropes went wrong.

Either way tragic thing to happen.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Mexican Wrestler dies after match with Rey Mysterio. Empty Re: Mexican Wrestler dies after match with Rey Mysterio.

Post by Samo Sat 21 Mar 2015, 5:43 pm

Video has emerged of the match, it doesnt show the exact moment he was injured, but shows him lifeless and unconscious, before being tended to by medical personal.

Dont know if I should post it or not, dont know what the site rules are on things like this. If you can find it, warning - you may find it upsetting.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Sat 21 Mar 2015, 5:54 pm

Out of all the dangerous moves they do ,imagine being killed by the 619, one of the Poopie moves.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 21 Mar 2015, 6:13 pm

Going by the video it was like Prom said, it was the fall onto the ropes that got him, as he didnt take the 619.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Sat 21 Mar 2015, 7:30 pm

It looks like his neck really snaps back when the other guy lands on the ropes. A million in one chance of something like that happening. Really awkward watching them wrestle around him while he lays there lifeless. Title of this thread is slightly misleading!

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 21 Mar 2015, 7:34 pm

Samo wrote:Video has emerged of the match, it doesnt show the exact moment he was injured, but shows him lifeless and unconscious, before being tended to by medical personal.

Dont know if I should post it or not, dont know what the site rules are on things like this.  If you can find it, [b]warning - you may find it upsetting.

Id have thought not allowed but maybe spoiler it and see what happens.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 21 Mar 2015, 7:36 pm

BD21 wrote:It looks like his neck really snaps back when the other guy lands on the ropes. A million in one chance of something like that happening. Really awkward watching them wrestle around him while he lays there lifeless. Title of this thread is slightly misleading!

Yeah I've edited it now so im not inditing anyone for murder. I've seen a new video and it definitely looks like it was the fall on the ropes that got him.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sat 21 Mar 2015, 8:26 pm

I think this confirms what we all know, but sometimes forget. These guys put their health on the line every time they step in the ring.

So, I guess that's a reminder for me to try to remember (at least for a while) to not be so harsh on shows when not every match is off the scale, because as this example shows, even experienced top talents doing what we would consider regular moves can pay the ultimate price for our entertainment.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 22 Mar 2015, 9:58 am

It's a horrible freak accident and it has more than one victim, the guilt Rey Mysterio will have to live with must be horrific.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 26 Mar 2015, 11:13 pm

Rey Mysterio has just announced his retirement from wrestling.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 27 Mar 2015, 3:48 am

Doesn't surprise me. That's up there with the Australian bowler who's bouncer killed Phil Hughes. Just a freak occurrence. But Rey's obviously had enough.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 27 Mar 2015, 7:12 am

My mistake, report I read it from was in error

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 8:54 pm

The in-ring tribute for those that are interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGoYBOPx2AY

Man, that pulled my heartstrings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 05 Apr 2015, 8:59 pm

clap Now that's a proper tribute, Classy to the end OK clap

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down