The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysian GP Thread - Contains results of all session..Although no one needs to read to know Mercedes have won....

+11
CaledonianCraig
banbrotam
bogbrush
sportform
Jermaine2015
wheelchair1991
Good Golly I'm Olly
mystiroakey
GSC
dyrewolfe
Fernando
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Malaysian GP Thread - Contains results of all session..Although no one needs to read to know Mercedes have won.... - Page 2 Empty Malaysian GP Thread - Contains results of all session..Although no one needs to read to know Mercedes have won....

Post by Fernando Wed 25 Mar 2015, 3:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Malaysian GP Thread - Contains results of all session..Although no one needs to read to know Mercedes have won.... - Page 2 _81859114_malaysian_gp

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Malaysian GP Thread - Contains results of all session..Although no one needs to read to know Mercedes have won.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Malaysian GP Thread - Contains results of all session..Although no one needs to read to know Mercedes have won....

Post by bogbrush Sun 29 Mar 2015, 11:15 am

banbrotam wrote:
bogbrush wrote:Mercedes is still far clear unless it's very hot. Still, progress for Ferarri and Vettel.

It didn't take much for the love-in at Hamilton / Mercedes to disintegrate over the radio.

If you bothered watching last season, then you'll remember that Hamilton had far worse spats than what happened today

And of course Seb is always compliant, obedient and never questions anything. We heard nothing over the radio last season about his frustrations with RB

I'm sure you say these things, because you're bored Wink
Oh absolutely there was loads last year when things aren't going perfectly. It all became a sickly-sweet love-in late last year and shaped up similarly last week. Nice to see normal service resumed.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Malaysian GP Thread - Contains results of all session..Although no one needs to read to know Mercedes have won.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Malaysian GP Thread - Contains results of all session..Although no one needs to read to know Mercedes have won....

Post by bogbrush Sun 29 Mar 2015, 11:17 am

banbrotam wrote:Despite not been a fan, I'm more than happy with a competitive Ferrari they'd merely come in between the two Mercedes as clearly Rosberg hasn't a clue unless he's on the front row

The time he took to get through the midfield after his first pit stop was laughable

Almost as funny was his failure to make any real headway on Hamilton, despite having the better tyre for the last few laps
I agree, he's a completely ordinary driver. He's incredibly flattered by the car.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 29 Mar 2015, 11:17 am

I thought they were harsh on Hulkenburg, Kvyat closed the door badly with Hulk still there.

Perez was deserved though Grosjean had him and deserved his car's width as your supposedly to give but Checo understeered into him

Was an interesting race though surprised how Mercedes struggled on the tyres they seemed decent enough last year. If they go back to dominating races can see Bernie bring the 2012 tyres back as a simpler way of "equalization"

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 29 Mar 2015, 11:19 am

bogbrush wrote:
banbrotam wrote:
bogbrush wrote:Mercedes is still far clear unless it's very hot. Still, progress for Ferarri and Vettel.

It didn't take much for the love-in at Hamilton / Mercedes to disintegrate over the radio.

If you bothered watching last season, then you'll remember that Hamilton had far worse spats than what happened today

And of course Seb is always compliant, obedient and never questions anything. We heard nothing over the radio last season about his frustrations with RB

Oh absolutely there was loads last year when things aren't going perfectly. It all became a sickly-sweet love-in late last year and shaped up similarly last week. Nice to see normal service resumed.

Now you're just trolling. It was anything but a love-fest after Monaco, Spa and Germany/Hungary? when Lewis and Nico were going at each other and Lauda and Wolff had to step in to calm things down.

Think Lewis was just letting off steam as he could see the race slipping away from him. Its not the first time he's done it and it likely won't be the last. He's far from being the only driver to have outbursts either...that kind of mentality goes hand in hand with being a winner.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 29 Mar 2015, 11:19 am

The Perez one was probably right. Harsh on Perez but Grosjean got ahead and he left him with the choice of backing out or causing a collision
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Mar 2015, 11:24 am

John wrote:Vettel fans are going to cream themselves at this

Inevitably brings the return of Bogbrush & his trolling

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 29 Mar 2015, 11:28 am

Don't be sour John.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 29 Mar 2015, 11:32 am

John wrote:
John wrote:Vettel fans are going to cream themselves at this

Inevitably brings the return of Bogbrush & his trolling

Well, he is aptly named as most of his contributions are only good for cleaning toilets with. laughing
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 29 Mar 2015, 12:13 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
banbrotam wrote:

Now you're just trolling. It was anything but a love-fest after Monaco, Spa and Germany/Hungary? when Lewis and Nico were going at each other and Lauda and Wolff had to step in to calm things down.

Think Lewis was just letting off steam as he could see the race slipping away from him. Its not the first time he's done it and it likely won't be the last. He's far from being the only driver to have outbursts either...that kind of mentality goes hand in hand with being a winner.
They're all the same. When they're winning the team is Golden and it's all love, as soon as it gets tough they start whining about everything.
The only exception I can think of in recent years - of prominent, winning drivers - was Schumacher. Maybe Button too.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 29 Mar 2015, 12:41 pm

The Hulkenburg penalty was perhaps harsh. Kvyat has the racing line but he tries to slam the door shut when hes not completely past Hulkenburg. Closer to a racing incident than Perez
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 29 Mar 2015, 12:42 pm

Great move from Bottas on Massa btw.

Bad back and all, no doubt who the #1 is in that team now.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 29 Mar 2015, 12:45 pm

Excellent win for Vettel - once again proving he's the best driver in F1.

Let's hope the Ferrari can maintain a challenge to Mercedes throughout the season now
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 29 Mar 2015, 1:24 pm

Olly wrote:Excellent win for Vettel - once again proving he's the best driver in F1.

Let's hope the Ferrari can maintain a challenge to Mercedes throughout the season now

Agreed an excellent win for Seb - as for the second part I do so have to disagree.

As for your second comment - agreed. Competition is everything.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Mar 2015, 3:44 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
Olly wrote:Excellent win for Vettel - once again proving he's the best driver in F1.

Agreed an excellent win for Seb - as for the second part I do so have to disagree.

As for your second comment - agreed. Competition is everything.

This notion Vettel won in an inferior car is false. The Ferrari was the quickest car in these conditions & on these tyres. No matter how fast the Mercedes was or even if they turned the wick up, it would of achieved nothing, due to the fact the Mercedes was tyre limited all day. The Ferrari was the quickest car to be in 'for this race', backed up by Raikkonen's performance. Great drive by Vettel, good to see for F1 & the competition, however, I see this as a flash in the pan, China is vastly different in conditions & Bahrain is a night race, therefore these hot conditions wont be encountered for some considerable time.

I think it's quite clear though, Ferrari are heading in a good direction & we all know Mercedes' era is likely to end at some point & Ferrari look well placed to become the next dominant force. Has Lewis signed a new long term deal at Mercedes yet? It might be a good idea to win this years championship & then jump into Kimi's car in 2016 Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Sun 29 Mar 2015, 4:02 pm

Martin Brundle said that Hamilton and Alonso didn't actually rate Vettel and he only won all those races and championships due to Adrian Newey. I wonder if that is really the case. I still think that Hamilton and Alonso are slightly better but think Vettel is very close.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 29 Mar 2015, 5:32 pm

The goalposts are moving Laugh

Maybe Vettel is just very good.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 29 Mar 2015, 5:50 pm

GSC wrote:The goalposts are moving Laugh

Hmm but not as good as Ricciardo who whipped his pants down and smacked his ass raw red in only what his second season in F1? Never seen that happen to Alonso, Hamilton or even Button.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 29 Mar 2015, 6:03 pm

Alonso - 32 races at Ferrari without a win
Vettel - 1 race at Ferrari without a win

See I can make stupid points too.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sun 29 Mar 2015, 6:08 pm

lorus59 wrote:Martin Brundle said that Hamilton and Alonso didn't actually rate Vettel and he only won all those races and championships due to Adrian Newey. I wonder if that is really the case. I still think that Hamilton and Alonso are slightly better but think Vettel is very close.

I think it's as you stated. Vettel was enormously flattered by the RB just like Hamilton was last season with the RB

It then comes down to how do they (i.e. Alonso, Hamilton and Vettel) do when they don't, demonstrably, have the fastest car and it's fair to say that Vettel is yet to answer that question with a positive answer

Alonso has of course given us a positive all through his career. Hamilton won the 2008 championship with a car that whilst probably the better one on slow / or 'cold' circuits was overall inferior to the Ferrari that year, as the first few races showed. Somehow, in 2010 he was still within a chance of the title at the last race

But I remember thinking, at Turkey 2008, when Hamilton (who 'only' came second) showed everyone a new maturity, that this was the step up his critics were looking for. There, the MM was hopelessly behind the pace of the Ferrari's, so they decided to do a three stop - Hamilton just drove his socks off and managed to split Massa / Kimi.

Similarly I now see Vettel in a new light - this was a more mature performance, where he showed us all what an exciting second phase of his career he could have. For me it's his best drive

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sun 29 Mar 2015, 6:11 pm

GSC wrote:Alonso - 32 races at Ferrari without a win
Vettel - 1 race at Ferrari without a win

See I can make stupid points too.

But CC's was a valid one. Vettel was in the same car as Ricciardo last season. Alonso didn't have a Ferrari as competitive as this for his last 32 races - that's why two chiefs went

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 29 Mar 2015, 6:20 pm

It wasn't really, its just Craig repeating the same tired thing he does ad nauseam.

JEV beat Ricciardo once, hes not driving this year. Button beat Hamilton once. Alonso lost to a rookie Hamilton.

Maybe we shouldn't judge on just 1 season is the logical outcome
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sun 29 Mar 2015, 6:25 pm

Rosberg's clearly losing this so called 'coolness'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/32106681

It would be good if he'd explain why it took him so long to get through the midfield after his first stop.

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sun 29 Mar 2015, 6:28 pm

GSC wrote:It wasn't really, its just Craig repeating the same tired thing he does ad nauseam.

JEV beat Ricciardo once, hes not driving this year. Button beat Hamilton once. Alonso lost to a rookie Hamilton.

Fair point. Certainly Vettel leaving RB looks a very good decision. Hamilton had one of those seasons in 2011 - it happens to them all I suppose

My respect for Vettel has increased and I think Hamilton, whilst initially surprised will relish it

Meanwhile Rosberg sounds like he's going to complain to the stewards, because actually having a team that might be almost as good as the Mercedes one, wasn't mentioned in his contract Very Happy

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 29 Mar 2015, 6:36 pm

Wondered whether Rosberg would go quietly or kicking and screaming this season.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Mar 2015, 8:21 pm

You make it sound like this is Rosberg's final year in F1, maybe it will be, this battering will only get worse & the psychological toll is starting to show through even more now, with him resorting to embarrassing comments & actions, off track. Last year his level was of a considerably good standard, but clearly being beaten in the same manner this year has unstabled him even more & he's now driving like Webber. Although Vettel won today, in what might be a flash in the pan, Lewis should comfortable stroll to this title.

As for Ferrari, if current momentum continues going into 2016, I see them taking on Mercedes & even surpassing them. Kimi retiring opens up a major opportunity, something Lewis might consider? I mean, he could be a three time WDC, what more exciting that driving for Ferrari alongside Vettel & trying to win a championship, not only against Seb, but for a third different team. That elevates your status considerably.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 29 Mar 2015, 9:03 pm

GSC wrote:It wasn't really, its just Craig repeating the same tired thing he does ad nauseam.

JEV beating Ricciardo shows the Aussie is no masterful driver so why did he (in the same car as Vettel) so tan his hide last year? Sorry but we keep hearing about how magic Seb is but magic drivers never get so slaughtered by their team mates over the course of a season. One season more than long enough to prove Ricciardo was the better driver of the two last year. And yes Button beat Hamilton once but not by such an embarrassing margin PLUS Button is a world champion whilst Ricciardo was still a relative newcomer to F1. And yes Alonso was very narrowly pipped by Hamilton who has gone on to be a multiple world champion. Once again he was not given such a hiding as Vettel got last year.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 29 Mar 2015, 9:07 pm

Craig you do enough mental gymnastics to win Olympic gold. Let it go.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 29 Mar 2015, 10:23 pm

GSC wrote: Let it go.

Perhaps I will when people let it go that Vettel is some kind of unbeatable demi-god. thumbsup
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Mar 2015, 10:35 pm

Just bear with it for two weeks CC, once that Ferrari experiences the chilly Chinese conditions, I expect normal service will be resumed for Mercedes & Vettel's fans will once more return back under the rocks they've crawled out from under this morning.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 29 Mar 2015, 10:39 pm

LiamB wrote:Just bear with it for two weeks CC, once that Ferrari experiences the chilly Chinese conditions, I expect normal service will be resumed for Mercedes & Vettel's fans will once more return back under the rocks they've crawled out from under this morning.

I will be here come what may. If per chance Seb were to win the title this year it would be his most impressive feat of his career and he'd go up in my estimation and would openly say it. I can't see that happening but at least the season took an interesting little twist today.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Mar 2015, 10:43 pm

Vettel & his fans won't be going anywhere, regardless of the win & the Malaysian circumstances that aided the car, that Ferrari is quick & easily second fastest on the grid. Mercedes are likely to hinder each other & like Ricciardo last season, I'm sure Vettel will take advantage of any mistakes or reliability issues & wrap up more wins.

Vettel is a quality driver, he's not superhuman or unbeatable, just a top, top driver. No point comparing these drivers, just enjoy the fact Mercedes have competition & that Ferrari are improving the show. I still want Hamilton to win the title & he should do, but Vettel winning is good for the sport.

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 30 Mar 2015, 12:40 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:
GSC wrote:The goalposts are moving Laugh

Hmm but not as good as Ricciardo who whipped his pants down and smacked his ass raw red in only what his second season in F1? Never seen that happen to Alonso, Hamilton or even Button.

But that's no disgrace as Ricciardo showed he is much faster than Hamilton in equal machinery  Wink

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by AlciG Mon 30 Mar 2015, 8:11 am

Let's forget about Vettel, Hamilton and Rosberg for a sec and talk about Verstappen...

He drove a good 1st and 2nd race. His driving seems so mature for his age. Perhaps Perez could take some lessons from him.

AlciG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Mon 30 Mar 2015, 8:40 am

Craig still talking out of arse.

Craig tell everyone why Jackie Stewart is a fraud. Go on don't hold back. Everyone know Stewart's 2nd and 3rd titles where because the world premier driver Rindt had died during his championship winning season.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Mar 2015, 9:48 am

AlciG wrote: Verstappen. He drove a good 1st and 2nd race. His driving seems so mature for his age. Perhaps Perez could take some lessons from him.

Great talent, too early to judge anything, but his driving seems very good & controlled, none of the traits of maldonado or Perez. Seems both verstappen & Sainz have struck some luck with the car, which seems competitive & is beating the RB's. F1 is about timing, verstappen will probably have people creaming over him this year, whereas Kyvat will fall by the wayside, just the way it is. Vettel got to RB at the perfect time, whereas Kyvat hasn't. Simple.

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 30 Mar 2015, 12:25 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
LiamB wrote:Just bear with it for two weeks CC, once that Ferrari experiences the chilly Chinese conditions, I expect normal service will be resumed for Mercedes & Vettel's fans will once more return back under the rocks they've crawled out from under this morning.

I will be here come what may. If per chance Seb were to win the title this year it would be his most impressive feat of his career and he'd go up in my estimation and would openly say it. I can't see that happening but at least the season took an interesting little twist today.
Vettel will be hanging on your verdict.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 30 Mar 2015, 1:07 pm

Lets just be happy that this season looks like being a little less one-sided than than the last one.

Think we can take it as given that performance advantages will shift with car  development and circuit conditions...will be intertesting to try and predict who will have the upper hand, from race to race.

No doubt Ferrari have a strong car this year. Seems they've also rediscovered their tactical nous, which helped Schumacher so often. They've also bagged the perfect driver for driving to a race plan. Even if they lack outright pace in some races, they may be able to compensate with good strategy.

Be interesting to see if Mercedes can respond and rise to the challenge. Last season was a relative walk in the park (the odd technical issue aside). Will they be able to cope with some serious competition?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Mar 2015, 1:19 pm

They will still be dominant, conditions just favoured the Ferrari & Mercedes got caught out & made some errors in strategy too. You could see Mercedes looked rusty, when it emerged they had competition, even panicked mis-communications by Paddy over the radio were heard. It's just the wake up call they needed though, with the media reaction there is always the threat of massivsly going over the top about 'suddenly' having a championship battle on our hands. The truth is, the Mercedes is still the best car in normal conditions by some distance. Vettel will no doubt win two or three races this year, even Kimi will have chances, given reliability issues for Merc & Rosberg trying to unsettle Hamilton & them possibly hindering each other, like Spa.

Fully expect in a cooler China to see Mercedes back on top, given the swing in conditions that favour Mercedes & less tyre deg.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Mon 30 Mar 2015, 9:15 pm

Really happy to see Sebastian Vettel return to the winners circle. Class act and a very nice man away from F1 as well.

Nico Rosberg continues to show his lack of balls and natural talent. Rosberg is pretty similar to Felipe Massa pre accident. If Rosberg can get on pole and the race is in dry conditions he can control it from the front. When he's in the pack, he simply can't overtake.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:36 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:Nico Rosberg continues to show his lack of balls and natural talent. Rosberg is pretty similar to Felipe Massa pre accident. If Rosberg can get on pole and the race is in dry conditions he can control it from the front. When he's in the pack, he simply can't overtake.

You mean like last year, when Hamilton was out-qualified & then strolled past Rosberg on multiple occassions in the races, to collect 25 points? You can't control a race, in the same machinery, when your team-mate has such clear superior talent & race craft skills.

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue 31 Mar 2015, 10:47 am

Nonetheless, the fact is that a competent driver like Rosberg will win the race against anyone not in a Mercedes.

Makes you wonder at the wisdom of laying out a massive salary on Hamilton, as the reports suggest today. Not saying he isn't a terrific driver (unlike Rosberg) but it feels unnecessary. I don't think he makes a Schumacher-like impact on the team and the engineering, but others might know better.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2015, 11:54 am

Hamilton will probably go on to win back to back titles this year, what are you on about that he's not making a significant impact for the team, like a Schumacher. Okay, Hamilton might not be the best on the technical side of F1 & engineering, but his driving is world class & that's why he was signed, to drive the car & win championships.

Again, F1 is a dangerous sport, as we all know, especially with its history of fatalities & the Bianchi situation. These drivers risk their lives, ridiculous to state Hamilton (current world champion) is non deserving of £27m a year. Let me guess, you think Vettel is worthy of his £33m, he is receving this year or Alonso who is also paid higher than Hamilton.

Basically you're talking nonsense BB.

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:04 pm

Ok, breath.... and think.

It's pretty obvious Rosberg would win the title if Hamilton wasn't there. That's because the Mercedes will win the title. You suggest Hamilton doesn't make a distinct contribution outside the car. Therefore.. the benefit of having Hamilton drive is low. It is unlikely to distinctively deliver either title since that would happen anyway.

Do you understand now?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2015, 2:18 pm

That's just a stupid post, F1 doesn't work like that. Mercedes assumed Hamilton would be the difference maker & that's why they signed him & pay him the amount they do. He is first & foremost signed to win championships & that is something he has already delivered. Mercedes did not know the advantage they had would be so big last year, they would not have known, therefore they have to sign the best driver available, to compete & possibly be the difference maker in a tight championship, up against a rival team. Just because they now are champions & have an advantage, do you seriously think the Mercedes hierarchy are sitting in a meeting & thinking, 'you know what, we are dominant, we don't need Lewis anymore, we've got nico who is cheaper & will win the title anyway'. If you think that is happening, you are an idiot.

When Ferrari or whoever close the gap, Mercedes' investment in Lewis will show through even more, because he will be the one taking the fight to challenges to topple Mercedes in this sport, not the average Nico Rosberg, who showed in Malaysia how much of a fight he gives, when he pulled over for Vettel to easily pass him.

Your assumptions on Hamilton's lack of input into engineering is also just a pathetic attempt to troll. Let me guess, you think Vettel woke up one morning, phoned Newey & said, 'Adrian, I've been thinking, how about we use an exhaust blown diffuser?'  picard

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 31 Mar 2015, 2:38 pm

Lets not forget teams also take drivers' "star value" and ability to attract sponsorship into account. Okay its not as important as driving ability, but having a driver with celebrity value has a lot of off-track benefits.

Drivers have to do ridiculous amounts of media and other promotional work between races and guys like Vettel, Alonso and Hamilton definitely have an "X Factor" (ugh - feel dirty for typing that) above and beyond their ability to win races.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2015, 2:43 pm

John wrote:That's just a stupid post, F1 doesn't work like that. Mercedes assumed Hamilton would be the difference maker & that's why they signed him & pay him the amount they do. He is first & foremost signed to win championships & that is something he has already delivered. Mercedes did not know the advantage they had would be so big last year, they would not have known, therefore they have to sign the best driver available, to compete & possibly be the difference maker in a tight championship, up against a rival team. Just because they now are champions & have an advantage, do you seriously think the Mercedes hierarchy are sitting in a meeting & thinking, 'you know what, we are dominant, we don't need Lewis anymore, we've got nico who is cheaper & will win the title anyway'. If you think that is happening, you are an idiot.

When Ferrari or whoever close the gap, Mercedes' investment in Lewis will show through even more, because he will be the one taking the fight to challenges to topple Mercedes in this sport, not the average Nico Rosberg, who showed in Malaysia how much of a fight he gives, when he pulled over for Vettel to easily pass him.

Your assumptions on Hamilton's lack of input into engineering is also just a pathetic attempt to troll. Let me guess, you think Vettel woke up one morning, phoned Newey & said, 'Adrian, I've been thinking, how about we use an exhaust blown diffuser?'  picard

clap

Spot on, John. Also agree with DW.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 31 Mar 2015, 2:47 pm

Merc can afford to have the best drivers and the best car so why not. Probably not much more than can eek out from a mechanical side for the money they'd spend.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 06 Apr 2015, 12:20 am

John wrote:That's just a stupid post, F1 doesn't work like that. Mercedes assumed Hamilton would be the difference maker & that's why they signed him & pay him the amount they do. He is first & foremost signed to win championships & that is something he has already delivered. Mercedes did not know the advantage they had would be so big last year, they would not have known, therefore they have to sign the best driver available, to compete & possibly be the difference maker in a tight championship, up against a rival team. Just because they now are champions & have an advantage, do you seriously think the Mercedes hierarchy are sitting in a meeting & thinking, 'you know what, we are dominant, we don't need Lewis anymore, we've got nico who is cheaper & will win the title anyway'. If you think that is happening, you are an idiot.

Well since I was writing about the new contract under consideration for the car they now know they have, over half your post is meaningless drivel.
The Merc right now will deliver the title to any of the best 8 drivers.

The rest is even worse, as nobody mentioned whether Vettel makes any engineering input, that's just you getting all heated up.

Much better points from dyrewolfe & GSC
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2