The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sub Contient test eleven

+5
IndianInUK
Mad for Chelsea
MR. scotland27
Liam_Main
ShankyCricket
9 posters

Go down

Sub Contient test eleven Empty Sub Contient test eleven

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 11:18 am

what is your test eleven at the moment with players that are playing at the moment, from the sub-contienent.
Can choose players from: India, sri lanka, pakistan, bangladesh
This is mine:

1) Virender Sehwag
2) Tamim Iqbal
3) Kumar Sangakarra (WK)
4) Mahela Jaywardene
5) VVS Laxman
6) Azhar Ali
7) M.S. Dhoni (C)
8) Abdur Rehman
9) Suranga Lakmal
10) Harbajhan Singh
11)Zaheer Khan

Back to top Go down

Sub Contient test eleven Empty Re: Sub Contient test eleven

Post by ShankyCricket Mon May 30, 2011 11:24 am

Laugh

rehman ahead of ajmal and shakib?
NO TENDULKAR?NO Gambhir?
lakmal?

i hope this is nothing more than a joke.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon May 30, 2011 11:30 am

Mine would be:

1) Virender Sehwag
2) Tamim Iqbal
3) Kumar Sangakkara
4) Sachin Tendulkar
5) Mahela Jaywardene
6) MS Dhoni (C,W-K)
7) Angelo Matthews
8) Harbajhan Singh
9) Umar Gul
10) Ishant Sharma
11) Ajantha Mendis

Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 11:37 am

shanky:

i like having sanga, and mahela at 3 and 4

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Mon May 30, 2011 11:43 am

Mine is

1. Dilshan
2. Iqbal
3. Sangakkara
4. Tendulkar
5. Y Singh
6. Dohni
7. Al Hassan
8. Gul
9. Sharma
10. Ajmal
11. Kahn
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon May 30, 2011 11:45 am

liam
angelo mathews in tests?no century in 14 games despite playing all his matches on the subcontinental flat tracks.his bowling average is shocking.

surely Shakib is a better all rounder.shakib is also way superior as a bowler to mendis who cant even get into the somerset four day side.mendis is a quality odi bowler but not test material.ajmal is better than mendis as well.

no zaheer khan who is arguably the best bowler in the world alongwith dale steyn and jimmy anderson.no way on earth are either ishant or gul better than him.

i would go with

gambhir
sehwag
sangakkara
SRT
VVSL
MSD(c and wk)
Shakib
Tanvir Ahmed
Zaheer
Ishant
Ajmal

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon May 30, 2011 11:46 am

if the match is to be played outside the subcontinent then i would replace sehwag with tamim.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Mon May 30, 2011 11:50 am

VV S laxman, bit past it isnt he and I don't think Gambhir is that great compared to Dilshan and Iqbal.
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon May 30, 2011 11:56 am

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:liam
angelo mathews in tests?no century in 14 games despite playing all his matches on the subcontinental flat tracks.his bowling average is shocking.

surely Shakib is a better all rounder.shakib is also way superior as a bowler to mendis who cant even get into the somerset four day side.mendis is a quality odi bowler but not test material.ajmal is better than mendis as well.

no zaheer khan who is arguably the best bowler in the world alongwith dale steyn and jimmy anderson.no way on earth are either ishant or gul better than him.

i would go with

gambhir
sehwag
sangakkara
SRT
VVSL
MSD(c and wk)
Shakib
Tanvir Ahmed
Zaheer
Ishant
Ajmal

My reasoning for not having Shakib in my side is that I want an all-rounder at 7 and if I put Shakib in I would then have 3 spinners in my side. I would rather go with Matthews and have a 3 man seam attack and two frontline spinners.

Is this based on sub-continental pitches if so I i'm keeping Mendis.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Mon May 30, 2011 11:57 am

Liam_Main wrote:

i would go with

gambhir
sehwag
sangakkara
SRT
VVSL
MSD(c and wk)
Shakib
Tanvir Ahmed
Zaheer
Ishant
Ajmal

My reasoning for not having Shakib in my side is that I want an all-rounder at 7 and if I put Shakib in I would then have 3 spinners in my side. I would rather go with Matthews and have a 3 man seam attack and two frontline spinners.

Shakaib is a great batsman who can bat pretty much anywhere for Bangladesh,he is also equal best left armer in the world with vettori.
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 11:59 am

guys i made a odi eleven for this as well, on a different thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon May 30, 2011 12:04 pm

MR. scotland27 wrote:
Liam_Main wrote:

i would go with

gambhir
sehwag
sangakkara
SRT
VVSL
MSD(c and wk)
Shakib
Tanvir Ahmed
Zaheer
Ishant
Ajmal

Shakaib is a great batsman who can bat pretty much anywhere for Bangladesh,he is also equal best left armer in the world with vettori.

Bangladesh are a poor side of course he'll bat in the top 6. Would you really have someone with a test average of 31 in the top 6 of your continental side?

Terrific spinner but i'm not fully convinced with his batting yet.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon May 30, 2011 12:06 pm

liam
mathews is not an allrounder in test cricket.his bowling average and s/r are pathetic.his bowling in tests is not much better than that of our very own paul collingwood.and colly has always been a part timer.so why is mathews an allrounder?even with the bat he doesnt have a hundred in 14 games and has only 1 fifty.hardly a test class batsman.he is a quality allrounder in the limited overs format but at test level he is a bit and pieces cricketer.he might well develop into a quality allrounder but atm there is no way on earth that he is better than shakib.

mr scotland

plz go to cricinfo and check their respective test records.you will find that gambhir is comfortably superior to dilshan and tamim.
however i think dilshan and tamim are superior to sehwag outside the subcontinent.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Mon May 30, 2011 12:12 pm

He may have superior figures but Dilshan offers more in the fact he is captain and can bowl a bit, and Iqbal is only 21 and he already has two incredible test hundreds just against England not to mention 2 other tons and 8 50's. This is not bad for someone playing for the worst test side in the world.
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon May 30, 2011 12:19 pm

mathews is not an allrounder in test cricket.his bowling average and s/r are pathetic.his bowling in tests is not much better than that of our very own paul collingwood.and colly has always been a part timer.so why is mathews an allrounder?even with the bat he doesnt have a hundred in 14 games and has only 1 fifty.hardly a test class batsman.he is a quality allrounder in the limited overs format but at test level he is a bit and pieces cricketer.he might well develop into a quality allrounder but atm there is no way on earth that he is better than shakib.

mr scotland

plz go to cricinfo and check their respective test records.you will find that gambhir is comfortably superior to dilshan and tamim.
however i think dilshan and tamim are superior to sehwag outside the subcontinent.

Matthew's got two fiftys and one of them he was out on 99,bit harsh about him not making a century. He's only 13 tests in,he's finding his way in test cricket didn't Freddie have a poor start in Test Cricket look what happened too him. Matthews first class average is 50 aswell.

As for his bowling it seems to be improving in the shorter forms of the game he was one of Sri Lankas best bowlers at the world cup. If he's improving in the shorter forms of the game who says he won't at test cricket?

Last edited by Liam_Main on Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Mon May 30, 2011 12:20 pm

Liam_Main wrote:

mr scotland

Matthew's got two fiftys and one of them he was out on 99,bit harsh about him not making a century. He's only 13 tests in,he's finding his way in test cricket didn't Freddie have a poor start in Test Cricket look what happened too him.

As for his bowling it seems to be improving in the shorter forms of the game he was one of Sri Lankas best bowlers at the world cup. If he's improving in the shorter forms of the game who says he won't at test cricket?

His fielding is certainly world class but in tests he does need to improve a bit, could still be a good player in the future though....
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon May 30, 2011 12:26 pm

MR. scotland27 wrote:
Liam_Main wrote:

mr scotland

Matthew's got two fiftys and one of them he was out on 99,bit harsh about him not making a century. He's only 13 tests in,he's finding his way in test cricket didn't Freddie have a poor start in Test Cricket look what happened too him.

His fielding is certainly world class but in tests he does need to improve a bit, could still be a good player in the future though....

Fielding doesn't really come into it tbh if your good with bat or bowl.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Mon May 30, 2011 12:36 pm

It is always useful though, especially if he is one of the best in the world.
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon May 30, 2011 12:45 pm

yes liam i have already mentioned that he could well develop into a quality test allrounder one day but you cvant pick a developing player like mathews over a proven performer like shakib in the best subcontinent test XI.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 12:47 pm

technichally he can pick whoever he wants to

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon May 30, 2011 12:53 pm

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:yes liam i have already mentioned that he could well develop into a quality test allrounder one day but you cvant pick a developing player like mathews over a proven performer like shakib in the best subcontinent test XI.

Shakib only averages 30 in 21 tests and has only made 1 100. So I wouldn't say he's a proven all-rounder yet.

As i've said brilliant bowler but isn't taking the runs required for his side so far.

Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon May 30, 2011 12:55 pm

I'll admit Matthews may not be the perfect choice but why does Shakib deserve a place over Matthews?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon May 30, 2011 12:59 pm

bcoz shakib is a way better bowler and only slightly inferior as a batsman.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 1:00 pm

in the sub contient, shakib is better option, anywhere else matthews is better option

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Mon May 30, 2011 1:05 pm

I think anywhere where the pitch is turning Shakaib is a better option.
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon May 30, 2011 1:10 pm

I wanna play a all-rounder whos a seamer. Hence why I don't have Shakib in my side I'm not going to play 3 spinners and only 2 seamers.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 1:11 pm

fair enough mate your choice

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon May 30, 2011 1:20 pm

Forgot to say we had another RT last night CF,off Chris Woakes.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 1:22 pm

awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon May 30, 2011 1:57 pm

Sehwag
Gambhir
Sangakkara
Tendulkar
M. Jayawardene
Dhoni (capt)
P. Jayawardene (wk)
Shakib
Umar Gul
Zaheer Khan
Ajmal

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 7:49 pm

good side but shakib is batting deep at 8. also do u need both dhoni and jayaardene

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon May 30, 2011 10:11 pm

OK first the Jayawardene/Dhoni question. Whenever doing best XI sides I tend to go with the best keeper in terms of pure keeping skills as usually the batting in itself is good enough. As such, Jayawardene takes the keeper's spot. I needed a n°6 batsman and figured Dhoni was a better bet than the other options, so both get in (Dhoni adds his captaincy into the mix too).

Shakib is their as the second best spinner on the subcontinent (close call between him and Harbajan, but already having an offie in Ajmal tipped the balance in the left-armer's favour). His batting is basically a bonus, though it does strengthen the tail. Maybe he's bat 7 and Jayawardene 8.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by IndianInUK Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:16 am

cricketfan90 wrote:what is your test eleven at the moment with players that are playing at the moment, from the sub-contienent.
Can choose players from: India, sri lanka, pakistan, bangladesh
This is mine:

1) Virender Sehwag
2) Tamim Iqbal
3) Kumar Sangakarra (WK)
4) Mahela Jaywardene
5) VVS Laxman
6) Azhar Ali
7) M.S. Dhoni (C)
8) Abdur Rehman
9) Suranga Lakmal
10) Harbajhan Singh
11)Zaheer Khan

You cant have a world XI without Tendulkar so how can you possibly have a Sub continent XI without him?

IndianInUK

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:03 am

Virender Sehwag
Gautam Gambhir
Kumar Sangakkara
Sachin Tendulkar
VVS Laxman
Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Captain -WK)
Shakib Al Hasan
Harbhajan Singh
Dilhara Fernando
Zaheer Khan
Wahab Riaz
Virender Sehwag because he is the most explosive and consistent test opener in the world. although it was implied in some posts that he doesn't play well outside the sub-continent, one can just take a look at his record in Australia.
Gambhir has a better overall record in comparison to that of Dilshan and Tamim. and he can play according to the situations, and pace his innings. he can go for his shots, and if needed, prodice the kind of like the 137against NZ, or the 64 and 93 against SA in the previous series. don't see Iqbal or Dilshan bweing able to do that.
Sangakkara. arguably the most consistent no 3 at moment alongside Jonathan Trott. and of course he can keep if needed, although he has given up the gloves in the longer format.
Sachin Tendulkar. no need of explanations.
Laxman. for me, this was a close call between him and Mahela. overall, Mahela has superior records, but VVS's ability to deliver under high pressure situation has already become a legend, and the man is just fabulous in marshaling the lower order.
Dhoni. it was again a call between him and Prasanna the latter is the best WK going around at present, but MSD is a much superior bat, andis a trusted keeper as well. and of course he can captain.
Shakib. the best all-rounder from any of the sub-continent sides. is a fabulous bowler, and an average of just over 30 is fair enough at 7, particularly considering Harbhajan can also bat.
Harbhajan. no longer the bowler he was a few years ago, but he's picked just because the rest are even more inconsistent.
the pace department presents a huge problem. only Zaheer gets an automatic pick, and there is lightyears between him and the rest. without Malinga, there is not much fire about the Lankan pace attack, unless Fernando gets fit and going. and in India's case, Ishant Sharma and Sreesanth have been far too inconsistent. last years forgetable issues have taken out 2 otherwise automatic picks, but Wahab can still offer something from pakistan.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:37 pm

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid
Sachin
Sanga
Dhoni
Shakib
PK
Gul
Zaheer
Ajmal

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:39 pm

very odd that all these threads are being resurrected....

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:45 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:very odd that all these threads are being resurrected....
I was bored so going through the old threads.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:45 pm

ah right ok, i might put my new team on these threads, later cos i always change my mind, and have changed my mind again.

Back to top Go down

Post by anu_d Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:14 pm

1 Sehwag
2 Gambhir
3 Dravid
4 Tendulkar
5 VVSl
6 Sangkarra
7 Dhoni (c)
8) Saed ajmal
9) Gul
10) Zaheer
11) any fit Pakistani bowler

anu_d

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:41 pm

1. Sehwag
2. Dravid
3. Sangakkara
4. Tendulkar
5. Misbah
6. Shakib/Mathews
7. Dhoni (w/k)(c)
8. Zaheer
9. Ajmal
10. Gul
11. Junaid

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid
Tendulkar
Sangakkara
Misbah
Dhoni
Gul
Ajmal
Junaid
Zaheer

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:01 pm

i started this thread a while back, and im changing my side

1.Mohammed Hafeez (offers option with the ball)
2.Gautam Gambhir
3.Sachin Tendulkar
4.Younis Khan
5.Mahela Jayawrdene
6.Misbah Ul-Haq
7.M.S.Dhoni (C)
8.Abdur Rehman
9.Zaheer Khan (when fit)
10.Ajantha Mendis
11.Mashrfe Mortaza (when fit)

Back to top Go down