The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return of S.O.G. June 20, Oakland CA

+15
TopHat24/7
EdWoodjr
AlexHuckerby
catchweight
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Guest82
hampo17
mobilemaster8
kingraf
milkyboy
Strongback
Dipper Brown
Scottrf
TRUSSMAN66
Gerry SA
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Return of S.O.G. June 20, Oakland CA - Page 2 Empty Return of S.O.G. June 20, Oakland CA

Post by Gerry SA Thu 02 Apr 2015, 11:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Super middleweight kingpin Andre Ward will finally return to the squared circle after a 19 month layoff. Opponent is TBA at present but could be Paul Smith Jr.

Gerry SA

Posts : 2428
Join date : 2012-08-20
Location : RIP PHILLIP HUGHES 63 NOT OUT FOREVER

Back to top Go down


Return of S.O.G. June 20, Oakland CA - Page 2 Empty Re: Return of S.O.G. June 20, Oakland CA

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:48 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not a bad warm up fight......

Durable..beatable stiff..

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Yep..

You don't think calling a guy wiped out in 3 rounds by a non-puncher 'durable' is a laughable comment.....?

Not in the mood today Mate....

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40506
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Return of S.O.G. June 20, Oakland CA - Page 2 Empty Re: Return of S.O.G. June 20, Oakland CA

Post by Derbymanc Tue 07 Apr 2015, 2:11 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:I'm talking about in the long run Truss,

From my own experience people are turning away from boxing and only turning up for the big fights because of the matchmaking going on, who wants to sit in every saturday and watch a bunch of one sided (and ultimately boring fights)

I said on the match thread but the 2 young lads fighting for the Euro championship was the best fight of the night because it was 2 roughly even matched lads going at it for something they both wanted. If I (and my mates) knew that was going to happen more often then i'd look at travelling up to some of the local shows more and ultimately follow the bigger fighters more.

What you're doing is being selective..........

You didn't moan about Groves........................Ward is having one fight against a no mark too..........

Out of the two of them I think he deserves an easy fight more................You not think ???

Your being selective Truss, I've said all along that I want to see 50/50 competetive fights, more so from the top guys that wander around saying they're the best.

Groves is a different beat at the minute as imo he looks like he's lost a step, Khans choice to fight Algeiri is ridiculous (And I think Khan is ace,) and so on and so forth.

It was pointed out before that a great like sRL came back from a lenghty lay off (and injury) and fought the best, that's how it should be done, especially if you want to state your the best.

Derbymanc

Posts : 4008
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Return of S.O.G. June 20, Oakland CA - Page 2 Empty Re: Return of S.O.G. June 20, Oakland CA

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 Apr 2015, 2:14 pm

Leonard came back and fought Howard after his first comeback...........

The second comeback was to get Hagler before anybody else did......If you read his book...

Some posters have no clue on anything pre 2010.......If you want info ask the ones that do..


TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40506
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Return of S.O.G. June 20, Oakland CA - Page 2 Empty Re: Return of S.O.G. June 20, Oakland CA

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 07 Apr 2015, 2:15 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not a bad warm up fight......

Durable..beatable stiff..

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Yep..

You don't think calling a guy wiped out in 3 rounds by a non-puncher 'durable' is a laughable comment.....?

Not in the mood today Mate....

Back up your arguments or change your tampon then mate.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 40
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Return of S.O.G. June 20, Oakland CA - Page 2 Empty Re: Return of S.O.G. June 20, Oakland CA

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 Apr 2015, 2:18 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not a bad warm up fight......

Durable..beatable stiff..

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Yep..

You don't think calling a guy wiped out in 3 rounds by a non-puncher 'durable' is a laughable comment.....?

Not in the mood today Mate....

Back up your arguments or change your tampon then mate.

Don't want to argue with you Mate.........

Don't think you offer anything..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40506
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Return of S.O.G. June 20, Oakland CA - Page 2 Empty Re: Return of S.O.G. June 20, Oakland CA

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 2:19 pm

Derbymanc wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:I'm talking about in the long run Truss,

From my own experience people are turning away from boxing and only turning up for the big fights because of the matchmaking going on, who wants to sit in every saturday and watch a bunch of one sided (and ultimately boring fights)

I said on the match thread but the 2 young lads fighting for the Euro championship was the best fight of the night because it was 2 roughly even matched lads going at it for something they both wanted. If I (and my mates) knew that was going to happen more often then i'd look at travelling up to some of the local shows more and ultimately follow the bigger fighters more.

What you're doing is being selective..........

You didn't moan about Groves........................Ward is having one fight against a no mark too..........

Out of the two of them I think he deserves an easy fight more................You not think ???

Your being selective Truss, I've said all along that I want to see 50/50 competetive fights, more so from the top guys that wander around saying they're the best.

Groves is a different beat at the minute as imo he looks like he's lost a step, Khans choice to fight Algeiri is ridiculous (And I think Khan is ace,) and so on and so forth.

It was pointed out before that a great like sRL came back from a lenghty lay off (and injury) and fought the best, that's how it should be done, especially if you want to state your the best.
Leonard was a media darling, had showcased his skills on the biggest stages and could have walked into a multi million dollar fight against anyone, such was his drawing power. Ward ISN'T Leonard and is not going to be able to command the sort of money he thinks, and in fairness given his talent, probably does, deserve.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Return of S.O.G. June 20, Oakland CA - Page 2 Empty Re: Return of S.O.G. June 20, Oakland CA

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 Apr 2015, 2:23 pm

You're forgetting Leonard's third comeback..............Donny Lalonde at 168............

One handed Donny...........bless him...........Had a shoulder injury meaning he couldn't punch with his left....

Let's see If Toppy pretends he's heard of him..

Michael Nunn's ko1 over Kalambay ruled him out........Leonard wasn't interested in him..

"It's what great fighters do come back and fight the best" Laugh


TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40506
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Return of S.O.G. June 20, Oakland CA - Page 2 Empty Re: Return of S.O.G. June 20, Oakland CA

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum