The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COFFEE - Where would we be without it ????

+13
LivinginItaly
Dolphin Ziggler
Corporalhumblebucket
ShahenshahG
Mike Selig
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
Derbymanc
Stella
kingraf
Pal Joey
Duty281
TRUSSMAN66
17 posters

Go down

COFFEE - Where would we be without it ???? Empty COFFEE - Where would we be without it ????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 09 Apr 2015, 11:28 am

The three most important things in my life.............

1. Family
2. Coffee
3. Friends If I had any.....

Coffee was invented by God straight after Adam and Eve........It's just that it was accidentally left out of the bible.....

No matter how bad your day is going a nice cup of coffee always reassures you and I don't mean the puke you get out of a machine.....

Wakes you up....Calms you down...........Everything seems better with a nice milky cup of coffee in your hand !!

I love Coffee and If I ever get divorced..............She can have the house, the cars, the kids...... but no no no no no.............

You'll never take my Coffee !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

COFFEE - Where would we be without it ???? Empty Re: COFFEE - Where would we be without it ????

Post by Duty281 Thu 09 Apr 2015, 11:48 am

I have never drunk a cup of coffee in my life.

Where would I be without it, I wonder? Probably in the exact same position as now!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

COFFEE - Where would we be without it ???? Empty Re: COFFEE - Where would we be without it ????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 09 Apr 2015, 12:32 pm

I suppose the English should drink Tea old chap..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 09 Apr 2015, 12:49 pm

Just having one now as a matter of fact.

Nothing better than the first few sips when that affect you describe hits you.
The only thing I don't like about coffee are the last couple of sips when the heat has mostly gone out of it.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 09 Apr 2015, 12:53 pm

Why does it always taste better when someone else makes it ???

One of life's mysteries I guess..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 09 Apr 2015, 1:00 pm

I don't drink coffee. I also don't drink anything warm enough for the glass to not condensate
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 09 Apr 2015, 1:33 pm

The nurse drinks a mug of hot water every morning. Her body is a temple.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 09 Apr 2015, 1:38 pm

Mmm, love a nice strong black coffee.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 09 Apr 2015, 4:36 pm

Drink coffee very rarely anymore as it gives me bellyache

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 09 Apr 2015, 4:41 pm

It's a Man's drink...Probably why you and Kingy don't partake !!!! Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 09 Apr 2015, 4:44 pm

I love the stuff Truss, the blacker and the stronger the better.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 09 Apr 2015, 4:50 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's a Man's drink...Probably why you and Kingy don't partake !!!! Wink

Do you and the boys get together for a coffee and a natter after feeling the pump down at the gym?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Apr 2015, 4:56 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why does it always taste better when someone else makes it ???

F*CK no...no-one here (or anywhere I've ever worked) makes a decent cup. You'd think a heaped spoonful of coffee in a mug with milk, sugar and hot water would be an easy feat but noooooo. The insipid gnat's pi$$ I get given a couple of times a day is enough to put a lesser man off for life. Went to a mate's house a few years back and he put about a third of a level teaspoon in a mug and asked me if it was too strong. I nearly f*cked his wife once...wish I had now!

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 09 Apr 2015, 4:58 pm

I don't struggle to get up in the morning. I also don't struggle to stay awake at night. Coffee is therefore needless, and burns my tongue.

Get up in the morning, half a litre of cold water gets me going. Nothing needed to stay up at night.

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Apr 2015, 4:59 pm

kingraf wrote:I don't struggle to get up in the morning. I also don't struggle to stay awake at night. Coffee is therefore needless, and burns my tongue.

Get up in the morning, half a litre of cold water gets me going. Nothing needed to stay up at night.

Let it cool a bit first, silly boy!

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 09 Apr 2015, 5:05 pm

Needs to cool to room temp before I can stomach drinks.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Apr 2015, 5:10 pm

You just said you drink half a litre of cold water, how cold is your room then?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 09 Apr 2015, 5:14 pm

Different things...

I can't stomach drinks past room temp.
I now Only drink drinks which are 5 Celsius or less.

Always better chilled. Always better frosty.

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 09 Apr 2015, 5:20 pm

kingraf wrote: I also don't struggle to stay awake at night.

I bet your girlfriend drinks plenty though..... Wink Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Apr 2015, 5:20 pm

Try a Frapaccino then

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 09 Apr 2015, 5:50 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

F*CK no...no-one here (or anywhere I've ever worked) makes a decent cup. You'd think a heaped spoonful of coffee in a mug with milk, sugar and hot water would be an easy feat but noooooo. The insipid gnat's pi$$ I get given a couple of times a day is enough to put a lesser man off for life. Went to a mate's house a few years back and he put about a third of a level teaspoon in a mug and asked me if it was too strong. I nearly f*cked his wife once...wish I had now!

Agree with that. Nobody makes for me, like me. I used to have a dash of milk with my coffee, but my work colleague always put too much milk in it, so I went for black, and never went back!!!
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Thu 09 Apr 2015, 7:33 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

On this we agree totally. Also all this nonsense about flavoured lattes etc. Call me demanding, but I want my coffee to taste of... coffee, not just hot water (all too common) or extra-scented rose-water with a hint of caramel/whatever the latest daft craze is.

The only exception is Irish Coffee (although please with cream - with milk it is just some coffee and whiskey thing, not Irish Coffee) which is acceptable.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 09 Apr 2015, 7:41 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I suppose the English should drink Tea old chap..

I'm not English, dear boy, but thanks for trying! thumbsup

Tea is rather vile, anyway.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 09 Apr 2015, 7:52 pm

Duty281 wrote:

Cornish?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 09 Apr 2015, 7:57 pm

Stella wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Cornish?

Right on.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 09 Apr 2015, 8:29 pm

The Ashes really were tough, then. Nationality changing tough
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 09 Apr 2015, 8:33 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Stella wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Cornish?

Right on.

Not a cream tea fan, duty?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Apr 2015, 8:38 pm

Love me some coffee. That is all.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 09 Apr 2015, 8:46 pm

Doodh Patti for me. Best thing ever made except perhaps for weed.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 09 Apr 2015, 8:51 pm

Stella wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Stella wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Cornish?

Right on.

Well...you know..as long as the practice of 'jam first' is adhered to.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 09 Apr 2015, 8:55 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Stella wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Stella wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Cornish?

Right on.

Well...you know..as long as the practice of 'jam first' is adhered to.

Cream first, mate.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:43 pm

I need three mugs of coffee before I'm awake in the morning.  Used to find I was zombie like with caffeine by mid morning, so mostly drink decaffeinated now.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 10 Apr 2015, 1:09 am

Not a fan, although it's the one thing I will drink with a cigarette as the bitter taste seems to work with it. Tea for me. Although that's been a problem in France, the buggers don't seem to know what real tea is.

I do like chai tea too.

Can of coke has always been my caffeine pick me up.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Fri 10 Apr 2015, 6:37 am

It depends if you are talking about an espresso or the dirty water that passes for coffee in most places outside of Italy. I usually drink about three espressos per day (breakfast at home, bar on the way to work, bar after lunch). Can't function properly without my breakfast espresso, the others are just for pleasure and habit. When I'm back in the UK i always drink tea, all types of coffee there are terrible.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 10 Apr 2015, 8:00 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Not a fan, although it's the one thing I will drink with a cigarette as the bitter taste seems to work with it.

The Clarkson breakfast. The thing I probably miss the most!

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 10 Apr 2015, 8:26 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's a Man's drink...Probably why you and Kingy don't partake !!!! Wink

Do you and the boys get together for a coffee and a natter after feeling the pump down at the gym?

laughing

Always thought coffee was more of a drink for  woman myself.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 10 Apr 2015, 8:52 am

Coffee should be banned from pubs. Unless it is an espresso martini (rocket fuel).

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Apr 2015, 10:37 am

COFFEE - Where would we be without it ???? Given the amount of corporate tax paid by Starbucks, I'd say about £50 worse off

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 10 Apr 2015, 4:19 pm

Starbucks pay too much tax according to Toppy..........

I like a coffee and a natter after feeling the pump..........The only pump I get is down the gym these days.. Crying or Very sad

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Tue 07 Jul 2015, 5:24 pm

Rowley wrote:I love the stuff Truss, the blacker and the stronger the better.

I could swear that's a quote from Airplane!

Don't know how I'd function without coffee. I try to be a coffee snob - I have a grinder and everything (incidentally, if you like good coffee, the difference is enormous) - but then find myself drinking cup after cup of coffee from the machine at work. It's essentially just boiling ink with a bit of dirty froth on top.

As a nation, coffee is not really our thing. It's very difficult to get a good cup of coffee, even in one of the multitude of coffee shops on the high street. Apparently it's because British people don't really like coffee, but do like warm milk drinks - as such, most of the drinks in coffee shops are basically just flavoured milk.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 2:38 pm

Did you just go on a necro-posting barrage yesterday afternoon, JBeadle??!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Wed 08 Jul 2015, 2:49 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Did you just go on a necro-posting barrage yesterday afternoon, JBeadle??!!

Is it that obvious? During a massive spell of procrastination I noticed some threads I missed at the time. I thought I'd try to resurrect them.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 3:08 pm

Got a coffee in my hand now............Something reassuring about coffee but it does dehydrate you...

Unfortunately I don't like tea............Sorry Dave !! cuppa

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jul 2015, 4:57 pm

I'll get over it......one day

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down