The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dave jones sacked by cardiff

+3
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Corporalhumblebucket
Fernando
7 posters

Go down

dave jones sacked by cardiff  Empty dave jones sacked by cardiff

Post by Fernando Mon May 30, 2011 12:59 pm

Manager Dave Jones has been shown the door by Cardiff, the club have confirmed.

The 54-year-old, who has been in charge of the Welsh side since 2005, narrowly missed out on promotion to the Premier League with the Bluebirds for the second time running this season after succumbing to Reading in the playoff semi-finals.

Cardiff announced Jones' sacking on Monday following an "overall review and reflection" on the team's performance.

The club's CEO Gethin Jenkins said on their official website: "We would like to thank Dave Jones for his considerable efforts with the club over the past six seasons.

"He leaves his post in the knowledge that he has left the club in a far better position than when he arrived."

Jones, a former Southampton and Wolves manager, has been linked with the vacant post at West Ham, who suffered relegation to the Championship at the end of the season, although former Rovers boss Sam Allardyce is favourite to fill the role.

source: sky sports
link: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11704_6959556,00.html

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

dave jones sacked by cardiff  Empty Re: dave jones sacked by cardiff

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon May 30, 2011 1:09 pm

Sam Allardyce for West Ham? 🤦

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 1:12 pm

Think Allardyce would do quite well at West Ham; and Dave Jones won't be out of a job for too long. Whoever fills in the Cardiff position has a lot of work to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon May 30, 2011 1:32 pm

Jones will be better off away from Cardiff they need to cut their squad down and are losing their best players. They have no money to replace their top players why would he want the job he should have quit.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue May 31, 2011 11:52 am

I was surprised they have sacked him; I always thought he was doing a great job, and although they must have been frustrated at the close shaves they have had, I think this is a mistake.

He is undoubtedly a good manager, and maybe he will take the West Ham job... That is if the Big Sam rumours are just a sick joke being played on us by the media.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:19 pm

I'm on the fence with Jones sacking, I felt he should have got Cardiff promoted in the last two years

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:00 pm

Seemed inevitable. Losing out in the Play-off's again was one thing but seeing your biggest rivals go up instead would only lead to one thing: The manager being sacked.

Malky Mackay seems favourite to replace Jones. Personally prefer Chris Hughton.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:19 pm

I hope the Swansea result didn't play a part in the decision, the fact it was announced before they kicked off in the playoff final should prove that.

Dave Jones never connected with the fans, blamed them for unrealistic expectations after he said that if the club didn't advance after losing to Blackpool he needed shooting and that the squad was good enough for auto's. He also had a massive falling out with the local media and never accepted a critical question from anyone.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down