The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE Raw Results - Spoilers ahead

+6
Mr H
Crimey
Prometheus
RinoGattuso
GSC
Fernando
10 posters

Go down

WWE Raw Results - Spoilers ahead  Empty WWE Raw Results - Spoilers ahead

Post by Fernando Mon 13 Apr 2015, 10:38 pm

WE taped tonight’s episode of RAW today in London. Here are the results:

* Bad News Barrett vs. WWE United States Champion John Cena kicks off RAW. Cena won a great match that went just over 10 minutes. Rusev attacked Cena after the match and lays him out with a chain. Their match at Extreme Rules will now be a Russian Chain Match.

* We get replays from last week’s RAW.

* Cesaro vs. Randy Orton and Dolph Ziggler vs. Seth Rollins are announced for tonight.

* Paige wins a quick Divas Battle Royal to become the new #1 contender for Nikki Bella. Paige cut a promo after the match but Naomi turned on her and laid her out. Brie Bella was on commentary and was not in the match.

* Bray Wyatt comes out for another cryptic promo in the ring. He got a big ovation.

* The Lucha Dragons got a big pop and defeated The Ascension in a quick match.

* Roman Reigns comes out to a nice pop and is interviewed in the ring by Booker T. Reigns was met with Suplex City chants and then interrupted by Big Show, who chokeslammed him on top of one of the taxis on the stage. Reigns was stretchered to the back.

* Randy Orton vs. Cesaro is next. Orton came out to a huge pop. Tyson Kidd and Natalya are at ringside. Orton wins by DQ in around 2 minutes when Kidd interferes. Kane comes out and re-starts the match.

* Orton vs. Cesaro and Kidd in a handicap match starts. If Orton loses, he’s no longer #1 contender but if he wins, he gets to pick the stipulation for Extreme Rules against Rollins. Orton wins with a huge RKO out of nowhere on Kidd.

* Adam Rose vs. Dean Ambrose is next. Ambrose wins a quick match with Dirty Deeds.

* Backstage segment with Kane and Big Show.

* Stardust vs. Fandango is next. Stardust won another quick match but Fandango dances to his old theme song and fans danced along with him for a huge pop, the biggest of the night so far.

* Seth Rollins vs. Kane is next. Kane delivered a chokeslam but laid down for Rollins to get the win.

* Damien Sandow defeated The Miz with a roll up.

* A Prime Time Players video package airs.

* Ryback defeats Luke Harper by disqualification. Dean Ambrose chased Harper off through the crowd.

* Dolph Ziggler defeated Neville in a must see match. Sheamus attacked and laid Ziggler out after the match.

* The main event segment is Rollins and Orton choosing their stipulations for Extreme Rules. Rollins is in the ring sitting in a La-Z-Boy recliner. Orton picks his stipulation – a cage match. Rollins picks his stipulation – the RKO is banned. Orton reacts and attacks Rollins but Mercury and Noble help him escape as RAW ends.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

WWE Raw Results - Spoilers ahead  Empty Re: WWE Raw Results - Spoilers ahead

Post by GSC Mon 13 Apr 2015, 11:24 pm

Russian Chain match
No rko cage match

This is shaping up as a classic already
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Mon 13 Apr 2015, 11:29 pm

Darren Young's favourite colour is rainbow.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 14 Apr 2015, 10:04 am

GSC wrote:Russian Chain match
No rko cage match

This is shaping up as a classic already

I'm getting just a little tired of gimmick matches. I think that WWE relies on them a little too much and when they are over-used they lose some of their ability to shock and awe. And I get this is Extreme Rules so I should expect street fights and cage matches, but WWE have to be really careful that they don't rely on the gimmicks too heavily.

The chain match is probably my least favourite gimmick match. We know we are going to get spots where the chain is used to throttle the opponent, it is wrapped round the fist and used as a weapon and it is used to pull someone into a clothesline. Maybe Rusev and Cena can find something new and impressive. Otherwise, the best thing I see WWE getting out of this is an image they can use in the future of Rusev with the Acolyte locked in using the chain on a bloody Cena.

The cage match, hopefully will cut down the J&J interference. Probably limiting them to just shutting the door on Orton when he is trying to escape. Rollins is going off the top of the cage, isn't he? And even it if gives a DQ, there's no way he can go off the top of the cage, into an RKO without being broken in half, is there?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 14 Apr 2015, 10:56 am

It doesn't really make sense that Rusev would pick a chain match as the stipulation considering it's been well documented that a chain is Cena's weapon of choice. Unless Cena will only use American-made chains. 

Oh...I've just realised where they might actually go with it. Rusev's chain will break in the match whilst being used in The Accolade, Cena will pull out his own chain, win with the STF with it and then say: "I buy American!"

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 14 Apr 2015, 11:00 am

Orton should just use the Stunner instead...

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 14 Apr 2015, 11:08 am

Crimey wrote:It doesn't really make sense that Rusev would pick a chain match as the stipulation considering it's been well documented that a chain is Cena's weapon of choice. Unless Cena will only use American-made chains. 

Oh...I've just realised where they might actually go with it. Rusev's chain will break in the match whilst being used in The Accolade, Cena will pull out his own chain, win with the STF with it and then say: "I buy American!"

Oh, Rusev breaking the chain. Now that would actually be a cool visual.

Mr H wrote:Orton should just use the Stunner instead...
I like that the stunner is back. What I really like is that it is not a finishing move. Wrestling has moved on in the last 10 years. A DDT a few years ago would have got a pin every time. Now it is more frequently used as a move that sets up a finisher and I buy into the stunner being used in the same way.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 14 Apr 2015, 11:27 am

Prometheus wrote:
Crimey wrote:It doesn't really make sense that Rusev would pick a chain match as the stipulation considering it's been well documented that a chain is Cena's weapon of choice. Unless Cena will only use American-made chains. 

Oh, Rusev breaking the chain.  Now that would actually be a cool visual.  

I agree, and he might, but I definitely can't see Rusev winning. Before 'Mania I was sure it would be Rusev losing at Wrestlemania, but winning at Extreme Rules, meaning he ends the feud 2:1 up. However I think they are planning for Cena to hold the US title long-term, so unless their match isn't for the title Rusev will presumably have to lose. Where he goes after that is anybody's guess.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 14 Apr 2015, 11:28 am

I think the DDt is being used more as a finisher these days (albeit with variations).

I know that both Bram and EC3 use it in TNA (The Brighter side of Suffering and the 1%er respectively)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 14 Apr 2015, 11:40 am

Adam D wrote:I think the DDt is being used more as a finisher these days (albeit with variations).

I know that both Bram and EC3 use it in TNA (The Brighter side of Suffering and the 1%er respectively)

I stand corrected, but I think it may be important that you say "with variations". I'm actually a big fan of the DDT when it is hit right it looks completely devastating. Maybe that was a poor choice, apologies for not thinking about it more. But I think you will get what I mean that some moves 10 years ago would have been the end of the match and often they are more like transition moves now.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 14 Apr 2015, 11:40 am

Crimey wrote:
Prometheus wrote:

I agree, and he might, but I definitely can't see Rusev winning. Before 'Mania I was sure it would be Rusev losing at Wrestlemania, but winning at Extreme Rules, meaning he ends the feud 2:1 up. However I think they are planning for Cena to hold the US title long-term, so unless their match isn't for the title Rusev will presumably have to lose. Where he goes after that is anybody's guess.

There's heavy rumours the US Title is being spinnified, that's an extended Cena run if the case.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 14 Apr 2015, 11:44 am

Crimey wrote:
Prometheus wrote:

I was going to say DQ. And that could work, but as it is best of 3, I would imagine that WWE will go with an overall winner. And I agree that they want to keep the belt on Cena.

I think Rusev can still come out of this well, as long as he looks strong. Unfortunately, WWE has a complete fetish with making Cena look strong. So IMO the way to book it would be to tease that Lana will be injured again, this takes Rusev's attention. And Cena uses that opportunity to finish the match. That doesn't mean that Cena turns heel to get that win, I think the commentators could sell it as he had to do everything he could because Rusev is such a dangerous opponent. We'll see.

I was slow to warm to Rusev. Mainly because I just saw him going the route of Big E and others that WWE would get bored of him, stop him looking like a monster and that would kill his momentum. But by keeping him strong they won me over and I don't mind watching him now. I think he could have some great matches with the talent coming through. What I do hope is that they don't split Lana and Rusev, because I think that is a combination that keeps him interesting and relevant even when his in-ring action isn't so great or he's losing.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 14 Apr 2015, 12:48 pm

Delighted that Neville was allowed to perform what amounted to the main event match on his home turf.

I don't mean to always have a downer on WWE but, as most of their decisions tend not to be based on wrestling, it is always hard to predict what they might do with talent. To me, the natural place for Neville to travel to is the IC title and to be the wrestling show for PPVs. I saw some speculation today that based on his multi-man tag matches, Bryan's injury may not be as recovered as may be hoped. That sounds a little tenuous to me, but if it happens to be the case then I think this is where WWE needs to lead Neville to in the next few months.

I'm not that enamoured by the cape and such, but I do think that his style of wrestling is going to get him over. Right now a loss against names such as Rollins or Ziggler is something he can take as they are established stars and he's getting in offence. But soon enough WWE need to move him into winning matches, unless he's going to become another Kofi Kingston-type.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 14 Apr 2015, 2:13 pm

If you ever needed proof that RAW needs cut back to two hours I present you this episode.  Over exposed wrestlers in silly, short filler matches that dont mean anything is just detrimental to the product.  These matches are for Superstars and Main Event, if it happens on RAW, it should happen for a real, story driven reason.

Good points.

Neville vs Ziggler was match of the night by default.
Ambrose vs Harper should be a belter.
Rollins is still gold on the mic.
Kalisto
Reigns

Bad points.

Just about everything else.  Why was JBL attacking Kane for lying down for Rollins?  Isnt JBL supposed to be the heel commentator and voice of the Authority?  The inconsistency infuriates me.

Why turn Naomi heel?  By my count, Paige is the only face diva they have left.  Summer Rae, Cameron, Rosa Mendes and Eva Marie are barely wrestlers heels.  Alicia Fox and the Bellas are capable and all heels.  Natalya is stuck somewhere in between to the point im not sure what she is anymore.  And now Naomi.  The whole division is a mess.  WAIT!  I forgot Emma.  Shes a heel on NXT and was in this Battle Royal for some reason.  But she didnt get a reaction either way so I dont know what to make of her on the main show right now.

What was the point in the Kane bit?  Is he quitting the Authority?  Will he be fired?  Why did he attack Seth then lie down anyway?  

The whole angle with Orton and Rollins winning matches to name stipulations was a mess aswell.  Wouldnt it have made more sense to do a beat the clock challenge?  And while im on this subject, way to bury your Tag Champions.  They should NOT have lost that match, I dont give a Frak who they are against, the tag champions should ALWAYS beat someone in a 2 on 1 situation - with a very, VERY few select exceptions.

Hey look everyone, Fandango has his old music back.

It was such a chore to get through this RAW, and I couldnt be less excited about Extreme Rules.  Bleurgh.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 14 Apr 2015, 2:16 pm

I often wonder what Natalya is too.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 14 Apr 2015, 2:33 pm

Samo wrote:If you ever needed proof that RAW needs cut back to two hours I present you this episode.  Over exposed wrestlers in silly, short filler matches that dont mean anything is just detrimental to the product.  These matches are for Superstars and Main Event, if it happens on RAW, it should happen for a real, story driven reason.
It was such a chore to get through this RAW, and I couldnt be less excited about Extreme Rules.  Bleurgh.

This seems to happen every year now. WWE manages to pull together a good Wrestlemania (which I know is can be arguable, but let's give them the benefit) but then it is quite clear that there are no real plans for what next and a couple of Raw episodes later they have run out of steam.

This is actually a bigger problem for them this year than previously. Because WWE told their investors that the Network is gaining customers, but is a cyclical business. And if Network subscribers start to lose interest then Network cancellations will follow and WWE really can't allow that number to dip below 1.1M, and a fall below 1M I think would be considered a bit of a disaster.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 14 Apr 2015, 6:27 pm

Orton has now went full circle, back in 2007 as the cowardly heel he put a block on Sweet Chin Music with HBK at Survivor Series - now hes the old Vet who has to deal with it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down