The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curb Stomp - BANNED!

+10
Adam D
Samo
NickisBHAFC
Prometheus
Crimey
Kay Fabe
TwisT
Dolphin Ziggler
Fernando
JoshSansom
14 posters

Go down

Curb Stomp - BANNED! Empty Curb Stomp - BANNED!

Post by JoshSansom Mon 20 Apr 2015, 8:18 pm

Source: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/572739-exclusive-wwe-banning-a-current-champions-finishing-move

Wrestlezone claiming that WWE has banned the Curb Stomp due to the risks associated with concussions from the move.

What do you guys think? Time for him to be able to use something different and evolve or a really tough break on a new champion?

I am in the latter camp thinking that the move looks great, has a strong in ring presence and makes him look like a badass, particularly considering that it can be delivered on opponents of any size.

If this is the case (this is WZ ofc) and if it is a permanent thing, what type of move would you give him to replace it?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Curb Stomp - BANNED! Empty Re: Curb Stomp - BANNED!

Post by Fernando Mon 20 Apr 2015, 8:35 pm

I can their point, With him being champ despite the "Don't try this at home" it's the last move you want your kids doing really.

Maybe bring back the god's last gift if allowed probably will be the turnbuckle bomb and a superkick like in NXT

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 20 Apr 2015, 8:47 pm

Yeah, I was surprised when they allowed it to be used to start with. Id add Ryback's move where he picks people up off the floor and bangs the back of their head against the ground. That can kill people and I'm surprised its allowed.

The buckle bomb combined with something like a superkick would work well, although I don't really see him as a superkick kinda guy.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 20 Apr 2015, 9:14 pm

I think it was mentioned before that he had quite a spectacular splash in his arsenal (Phoenix Splash?).

That is more a face type move but he could use that. Like Dolph, I don't think he is a super kick kind of guy. Would a submission suit him more?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 20 Apr 2015, 9:39 pm

Most WWE high impact moves could kill people if someone did it right...or wrongly I suppose, they're so hypocritocal about these situations, its ok for Taker to do 1 or usually 3 Devastating Tombstones because they percieve him to be safe and its only once a year, i bet he wasn't endorsed by the plethora of Jobbers he near killed in 1991

Kanes allowed to do it too, HHH's move could crush a skull as well, the list is endless, the reason these guys are where they are because they've mastered the art of their crafts and have perfected and honed their talent,  to ban moves in fear of imitation is mindless, if a guy is dangerous or a move can't be done without protecting a talent then fair enough but its just a bit too PC for me

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 20 Apr 2015, 10:27 pm

Have there been any reported concussions from the move anyway?

It seems a bit weird, as I feel that with that kind of reasoning there are a lot moves that could be similarly banned. I've always thought that Rollins doesn't really put force behind it anyway and the people tend to take most force with their body.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 20 Apr 2015, 10:31 pm

Has anyone been injured by the curb stomp that I've missed?

If not then WWE banning moves that could cause head injury; well, that's the end of Brock's suplexes or Owens's powerbombs, etc.  If WWE are doing this because they think it is much more easily imitated by their young fanbase, then fair enough, but banning a move that to my knowledge hasn't resulted in any injury yet sounds just a bit much.  

Luckily, Rollins is one of WWE's roster who I think can easily pick up another move.  They should give him the GTS Whistle

EDIT: Or what Crimey just beat me to saying.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon 20 Apr 2015, 10:35 pm

I think that while they have (apparently) cited talent injuries, it is linked to the potential for "Don't Try This At Home" issues...

A tough time for him to try to get a new move over. Could see him with some kind of superkick / other striking move, or maybe something like a falling reverse DDT.

One other shout, though it would call it an outside one... could Trips pass the Pedigree onto him?... Would generate huge heat and confer a status on him?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 20 Apr 2015, 10:37 pm

The 'Don't try at Home' thing would apply to every move though? I'd say 80% of moves would be really dangerous if actually done.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 20 Apr 2015, 10:41 pm

Tbf any wrestling move is dangerous, if kids attempt to do them. I once got last rided and landed very painfully. Wasn't pleasnt. Keep the curb stomp I say.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 20 Apr 2015, 10:46 pm

Crimey wrote:Have there been any reported concussions from the move anyway?

From WWE.com last summer http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2014-08-18/dean-ambrose-injured-on-raw-refuses-treatment-26580242

Despite suffering what was deemed to be extensive head and spine trauma after being Curb Stomped through a pile of cinder blocks by Seth Rollins on Raw, Dean Ambrose has not only refused treatment but is reportedly missing after escaping WWE medical personnel altogether.

“As you saw during the match with Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins, toward the end of the match, Dean had sustained what we thought was pretty significant head and cervical spine trauma, so as a precaution we immobilized his neck, placed him on a stretcher and removed him from the ring area and brought him backstage,” WWE physician Dr. Chris Amann told WWE.com.

Dr. Amann went on to say that Ambrose’s exact injuries could not be determined thanks to his refusal of treatment, and further tests are impossible at this time as WWE trainers simply cannot find the notoriously unstable former U.S. Champion.

“At the time of bringing him backstage, he was responsive and was refusing transport to a local medical facility for further evaluation,” said Amann. “He had removed the straps and surgical collar, said he refused to go and we haven’t seen him since.”
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 21 Apr 2015, 1:48 am

But real ones

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 21 Apr 2015, 1:50 am

I guess the thing about it is that its definitely something you could do without consent quite easily. And kids are dumb

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 21 Apr 2015, 8:45 am

I remember a kid at school got DDT'd and legit knocked out. Ban DDTs, they're easy to implement and very dangerous.

Infact, lets just start banning everything that easy to do and dangerous. Spears, Rybacks head thing, Daniel Bryans kicks, the Cous de Grace, most senton spashes, Rock Bottoms, Stunners, Pedigrees, Chokeslams, RKO's etc.

Im with Kay Fabe, its going to PC. If its true.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 21 Apr 2015, 9:10 am

wrestlezone.com wrote:On Monday, I helped “curb stomp” trend on Twitter when I was the deliverer of bad news to WWE fans of the move’s banning.

The reason? The move might cause a head injury. With the focus on concussion prevention in sports, WWE is disallowing the move. It stopped showing it in video clips or montages.

The instant response from thousands of WWE fans is, why the curb stomp? A list of other moves are just as dangerous to the head, if not more, but aren’t being banned. This is true, but it’s not relevant to WWE’s logic and reasoning.

This is no reflection on Rollins or his ability to perform the move. This is political, stemming from legal advice.

There is heightened concern regarding head injures. More than a week ago, it became public that past WWE talents were filing lawsuits against the company over head injuries and negligence concerning their health.

Add on little things, such as a wrestler recently dying in the ring in Mexico and Daniel Bryan’s rumored health concerns, and it adds up to WWE having to make a political decision.

Professional wrestling fans know the curb stomp isn’t as risky as other maneuvers. This decision to ban the move isn’t for educated fans who are loyal to the sport. This decision is for anti-WWE critics and potential resources in litigation.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 21 Apr 2015, 9:28 am

To be quite honest, in a country known for its litigious culture, I'm quite amazed that a product marketed at children delivers most of the content it does.  

Maybe this should be a factor of Extreme Very Moderate Indeed Rules.  A "stop tickling me, I can't breathe any more" match between Rusev and Cena, or a "first to blink in a staredown" match between Harper and Ziggler.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 21 Apr 2015, 9:38 am

The issue is former NFL players have a major lawsuit pending against the NFL owners for concussion symptoms they still suffer from.

When they get their payout, its not a major leap to see former wrestlers coming after Vince
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 21 Apr 2015, 3:00 pm

Dave "Bell End" Meltzer wrote:Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter described Rollins using a new move as a "semantic situation" and said WWE does not want to draw attention to the Curb Stomp no longer being used but it is not banned.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 21 Apr 2015, 3:06 pm

His new finisher he used on Raw looked like a DDT setup with a Killswitch finish. Looked naff.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 21 Apr 2015, 3:08 pm

Almost as reliable as Meltzer, http://www.kayfabenews.com/wwe-bans-dangerous-curb-stomp-worm/
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 21 Apr 2015, 3:21 pm

Sure, but Bryan taking a twenty foot run up to knee you in the face is fine for kids to emulate?
*Note that I actually love D-Bry's finisher
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 22 Apr 2015, 1:27 am

Finisher was pretty naff.

I can see their logic and its pretty sound. There's no hiding that its all about head impact, probably just a better safe than sorry move.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 22 Apr 2015, 7:42 pm

Still hoping to see Seth adopt the Pedigree in the next few weeks... think it would get him so much more heat

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 22 Apr 2015, 9:16 pm

Cant have the pedigree - its too easily recreatable.

I dont see the logic. They replaced a move that involves slamming an opponents head into the mat with a move that spikes an opponent head first down. Really dont get it.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 22 Apr 2015, 9:31 pm

I'm pretty sure its the imagery and the fact you cannot deny there's head damage. I'd suggest they ban the falling headbutt too

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 29 Apr 2015, 1:34 pm

Or they could replace the ring with a bouncy castle so that any moves can be used without risk of injury! boxing Curb Stomp - BANNED! 3933776953

If you take this to its logical conclusion WWE will end up as violent as Gladiators, with guys duking it out with giant cotton buds, wearing rugby-style head guards.

Thank god for TNA and the indies, thats all I can say...

Not that I'd ever want to see a wrestler seriosuly injured, of course, but as somebody said, these guys (and girls) are highly trained athletes who train their butts off in order to be able to perform their moves with a fair degree of safety.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 20 May 2015, 12:08 am

JoshSansom wrote:Still hoping to see Seth adopt the Pedigree in the next few weeks... think it would get him so much more heat

AAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Sun 31 May 2015, 1:01 pm

You sir are clairvoyant.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down