The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extreme Rules and beyond speculation.

5 posters

Go down

Extreme Rules and beyond speculation. Empty Extreme Rules and beyond speculation.

Post by Samo Sun 26 Apr 2015, 5:43 pm

I was thinking about Extreme Rules tonight, and despite a less than impressive build, there is potential moving forward afterwards. I'm gonna run through the card and speculate how I think its going to go down, and where the WWE can take things going forward.

Team Uppercat vs the New Day - tag titles.

Should be a straight forward Cesaro/Kidd win. Hopefully New Day continue the heel shtick, because it can help turn this stable around. When the idea was first on TV it seems they were forming a new Nation of Domination somewhat, then we got the overly positive preacher type characters. All three guys are decent workers, and the idea of them defending the titles via FreeBird rules, picking the 2 members who best suit their opponents is a interesting concept. But its not that time yet. Kidd and Cesaro to retain, leading to a feud with the Lucha Dragons. Maybe set up a fatal-four way elimination tag for the No1 contenders spot.

Naomi vs Nikki Bella - Divas title.

Rumour mill running overdrive with speculation the Bellas are leaving shortly. If thats the case then expect a Naomi win leading to a feud with Paige. Failing that, Nikki wins and with Paige being the only face Diva left (and still inactive), this would give Charlotte a chance to move up from NXT, and give the division a breath of fresh air.

Ambrose vs Harper.

I would have made this a tables match after all the focus on being powerbombed at the start of the feud and saved the street fight stip for Sheamus vs Ziggler, but I still think this'll be a decent match. Ambrose finally wins a PPV singles match and moves himself back into the IC title picture.

Sheamus vs Ziggler.

If we're stuck with the Kiss Me Arse stip, then I predict a Sheamus win, then before he makes Ziggler the inaugural member of the Sheamus 'Kiss me Arse' club: big Erick Rowan makes the save - after all, he doesnt like Bullies. This gives the Celtic Warrior something to keep him busy for a month, while Ziggler moves up into a different feud. Havent thought enough about what to do with him yet.

Bryan vs Barrett.

BNB wins with the Bullhammer, then into another feud with Ambrose. Thats if the match even happens. If it doesnt, then I expect The Authority to threaten to strip him of the title at Payback or Brie will get sacked. Brie quits instead then Bryan gets stripped anyway, leading to some time off and a match at Summerslam between Brie and Stephanie McMahon, in which Nikki screws Brie, leading to a program between the two before all the animosity is forgotten about and we move on again in time for Mania 32 - where Daniel Bryan - after making a triumphant return from injury - wins a title of some description before getting injured again - and we come full circle.

Cena vs Rusev.

This is screaming a win for Cena, but I would throw a curveball and have Rusev win, pretty convincingly. Rusev then crowns himself the Russian Champion while throwing the US title in the trash. He then mocks Cena's weekly open challenge by crushing jobbers for 4 weeks before having an unannounced open challenge at Payback, which is answer by John Cena - who hasnt been on TV since Extreme Rules. Cena wins lol, the US title is back and all is right in the world. Cena then goes on to put over Neville, while Rusev feuds with Ziggles - SORTED ZIGGLER

Reigns vs Big Show.

Bray Wyatt interferes, costing Reigns the match and entering a momentum draining feud with him, chalking off another ex-Shield alumni. Watch you're back Rollins... Wyatts gonna get you.

Rollins vs Orton.

Orton gets screwed somehow, even though cage matches are designed to prevent that from happening. He is then told he's had the rematch he was owed from last year, and will never get another shot again. This leads to a summer long feud vs the Authority, culminating in a match vs Triple H at Summerslam which would put the Authority out of power. Again. For good this time. Meanwhile Rollins ends up defending the title against Kane at Payback. Random title match at Battleground before MitB - where he loses the title to Brock Lesnar. OR if the Elimination Chamber PPV is still happening, I would bring MitB forward a month and put this PPV inbetween that at Summerslam. Lesnar still wins the title at MitB and faces the winner of the Chamber at Summerslam. We'll say Reigns for now, but that depends how they book him vs Wyatt. Which if Ambrose is anything to go by, wont be well.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Extreme Rules and beyond speculation. Empty Re: Extreme Rules and beyond speculation.

Post by Marky Sun 26 Apr 2015, 6:09 pm

I actually think Bray Wyatt could be the one costing Orton, leaving the Rollins v Reigns feud and Wyatt v Orton.

Lesnar to be the one targeting the Authority at Summerslam (simply put, for suspending him) would be money. Good guy Brock v HHH w/Show, Kane etc wouldn't be so bad.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Extreme Rules and beyond speculation. Empty Re: Extreme Rules and beyond speculation.

Post by Samo Sun 26 Apr 2015, 6:22 pm

The thing with Brock is they never passed on the rub to anyone. I think he needs to be Champion again before he gets beat to really put someone over. I honestly wouldnt mind seeing Reigns vs Lesnar again at Mania 32 as long as Reigns improves some between now and then.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sun 26 Apr 2015, 6:24 pm

Samo wrote:I was thinking about Extreme Rules tonight, and despite a less than impressive build, there is potential moving forward afterwards.  I'm gonna run through the card and speculate how I think its going to go down, and where the WWE can take things going forward.

Team Uppercat vs the New Day - tag titles.

Should be a straight forward Cesaro/Kidd win.  Hopefully New Day continue the heel shtick, because it can help turn this stable around.  When the idea was first on TV it seems they were forming a new Nation of Domination somewhat, then we got the overly positive preacher type characters.  All three guys are decent workers, and the idea of them defending the titles via FreeBird rules, picking the 2 members who best suit their opponents is a interesting concept.  But its not that time yet.  Kidd and Cesaro to retain, leading to a feud with the Lucha Dragons.  Maybe set up a fatal-four way elimination tag for the No1 contenders spot.
WWE has lucked into the New Day as heels. But if it works, go with it. I think they need to decide (carefully) what kind of heels now. I think that Kidd and Cesaro keep the belts, but I'd put them on New Day. It can help elevate them. Give them a win because they have the 3. Let them crush Los Matadores and The Prime Time players while K&C / Lucha Dragons have a #1 contenders program.

Naomi vs Nikki Bella - Divas title.

Rumour mill running overdrive with speculation the Bellas are leaving shortly.  If thats the case then expect a Naomi win leading to a feud with Paige.  Failing that, Nikki wins and with Paige being the only face Diva left (and still inactive), this would give Charlotte a chance to move up from NXT, and give the division a breath of fresh air.

I just don't care

Ambrose vs Harper.

I would have made this a tables match after all the focus on being powerbombed at the start of the feud and saved the street fight stip for Sheamus vs Ziggler, but I still think this'll be a decent match.  Ambrose finally wins a PPV singles match and moves himself back into the IC title picture.
This is one of those matches that will pee me off. Because Ambrose and Ziggler will leave it all out there and take some stiff bumps to be back in the midcard again by Raw. If you've not seen it, watch the Smackdown tag match, everyone in it was great, but (as ever) Ambrose is just so watchable, even the way he holds the tag rope, he just does everything in a ring so well.

Sheamus vs Ziggler.

If we're stuck with the Kiss Me Arse stip, then I predict a Sheamus win, then before he makes Ziggler the inaugural member of the Sheamus 'Kiss me Arse' club:  big Erick Rowan makes the save - after all, he doesnt like Bullies.  This gives the Celtic Warrior something to keep him busy for a month, while Ziggler moves up into a different feud.  Havent thought enough about what to do with him yet.
Sheamus will work stiff, Ziggler will sell everything to the nth degree. There's a tiny part of me that wonders if Sheamus is being held responsible for Byran's injury and if so is this match his punishment.

Bryan vs Barrett.  

BNB wins with the Bullhammer, then into another feud with Ambrose.  Thats if the match even happens.  If it doesnt, then I expect The Authority to threaten to strip him of the title at Payback or Brie will get sacked.  Brie quits instead then Bryan gets stripped anyway, leading to some time off and a match at Summerslam between Brie and Stephanie McMahon, in which Nikki screws Brie, leading to a program between the two before all the animosity is forgotten about and we move on again in time for Mania 32 - where Daniel Bryan - after making a triumphant return from injury - wins a title of some description before getting injured again - and we come full circle.
WWE need to get this belt on Neville within the next 3 months.

Cena vs Rusev.

This is screaming a win for Cena, but I would throw a curveball and have Rusev win, pretty convincingly.  Rusev then crowns himself the Russian Champion while throwing the US title in the trash.  He then mocks Cena's weekly open challenge by crushing jobbers for 4 weeks before having an unannounced open challenge at Payback, which is answer by John Cena - who hasnt been on TV since Extreme Rules.  Cena wins lol, the US title is back and all is right in the world.  Cena then goes on to put over Neville, while Rusev feuds with Ziggles - SORTED ZIGGLER
This match worries me, because WWE could really spoil Rusev here. I don't think anyone was looking for this match and if WWE get this wrong then Rusev will be just another big guy.

Reigns vs Big Show.

Bray Wyatt interferes, costing Reigns the match and entering a momentum draining feud with him, chalking off another ex-Shield alumni.  Watch you're back Rollins... Wyatts gonna get you.
I'm not anti-Reigns, but I don't want to watch this. Diva's match aside this could be the worst on the card.

Rollins vs Orton.

Orton gets screwed somehow, even though cage matches are designed to prevent that from happening.  He is then told he's had the rematch he was owed from last year, and will never get another shot again.  This leads to a summer long feud vs the Authority, culminating in a match vs Triple H at Summerslam which would put the Authority out of power.  Again.  For good this time.  Meanwhile Rollins ends up defending the title against Kane at Payback.  Random title match at Battleground before MitB - where he loses the title to Brock Lesnar.  OR if the Elimination Chamber PPV is still happening, I would bring MitB forward a month and put this PPV inbetween that at Summerslam.  Lesnar still wins the title at MitB and faces the winner of the Chamber at Summerslam.  We'll say Reigns for now, but that depends how they book him vs Wyatt.  Which if Ambrose is anything to go by, wont be well.
Am I the only one that thought apart from the Curb Stomp into RKO, their match at Mania was just okay? Rollins goes off the cell makes it interesting. This will be overbooked, which could make it fun, or just very frustrating.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 26 Apr 2015, 6:33 pm

I cant buy into the Rollins Orton match. It was what, second on the card at Mania? And now because its been given the title it can hold up a whole PPV? Sorry but it hasnt been built nearly well enough, to the point you could be forgiven for forgetting its for the WWE title.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 26 Apr 2015, 7:01 pm

New Day I think were planned to be heels all along. No other WWE face is so sickeningly happy, not even Cena, and I think it was actually really clever. They know have a bit of back story and a reason to be heels.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sun 26 Apr 2015, 7:04 pm

I'd love it if Bo Dallas joined forces with New Day. They'd be unbearable.

In other news, it doesn't sound like Daniel Bryan is in Chicago.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sun 26 Apr 2015, 9:35 pm

Samo wrote:I cant buy into the Rollins Orton match.  It was what, second on the card at Mania?  And now because its been given the title it can hold up a whole PPV?  Sorry but it hasnt been built nearly well enough, to the point you could be forgiven for forgetting its for the WWE title.

I think this could be one of those bouts and also PPVs that we all say is really good after the fact. Just simply that the expectation levels seem to be so low, that I think this will easily exceed them. Plus, however bad Raw has been in the past year, the PPVs have at least delivered a couple of really good matches.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sun 26 Apr 2015, 10:08 pm

WWE have confirmed that Daniel Bryan won't wrestle tonight. Barrett will face Neville on the kick off show. I guess the tag title match will now be on the main show.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down