The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

+20
RanjitPatel
Nico the gman
Herman Jaeger
jimdig
Guest82
TopHat24/7
Strongback
AlexHuckerby
hampo17
Coxy001
Rowley
aja424
88Chris05
wheelchair1991
TRUSSMAN66
Hammersmith harrier
Derbymanc
horizontalhero
mobilemaster8
Soldier_Of_Fortune
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 27 Apr 2015, 7:50 am

Barry McGuigan wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/32456855

World champion Carl Frampton will not be fighting Scott Quigg this summer, according to the former's manager and promoter Barry McGuigan.

It was hoped Belfast fighter Frampton, the IBF super-bantamweight champion, and Bury boxer Quigg, who holds a portion of the WBA title, would meet in July in a huge Battle of Britain showdown.

But McGuigan said Quigg's team would not agree on a 60-40 purse split in favour of Frampton and blamed Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn for the way the talks have collapsed.

"It's sad for the fans because we wanted it to happen," McGuigan told BBC Sport.

"Carl was willing to travel to England to put his title on the line, and when the champion does that he normally gets the majority of the purse.

"Carl is a valid champion. Scott Quigg is the WBA's 'regular' champion, not the real champion, which is (Cuba's) Guillermo Rigondeaux.

"Carl has drawn crowds of 16,000 in Belfast. I don't want to be rude to Scott Quigg, but he's never headlined a show.

"We wanted a minimum of 60-40, not the winner takes 60-40 (as Hearn is on record as offering) because that's unfair on the fighters."

Hearn appeared on Sky Sports earlier this month brandishing a £1.5million cheque, which he promised Frampton if he took the unification fight.

But former featherweight world champion McGuigan said: "It was going along fine and then Eddie Hearn said: 'We're going to make you an offer.'

"He did it because he's bullish, he's cocky and he thinks he has control of everything, but he hasn't.

"They weren't willing to play ball. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. We're well on the way to getting another opponent."

Frampton, 28, is unbeaten in 20 professional fights and stopped the American Chris Avalos to retain his IBF belt in March.

Unbeaten Quigg, 26, successfully defended his super-bantamweight title for a fifth time in November with a unanimous points win over Hidenori Otake.

Seems  pretty rerasonable if you ask me. Also it seems to highlight how much of a tool Eddie Hearn is.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Posts : 4420
Join date : 2011-03-14
Location : Liverpool JFT96 YNWA

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 27 Apr 2015, 7:54 am

I'd say it's very reasonable. Willing to travel as the champion, defend his title in the challengers back yard and only ask for a 60-40 split??

I think that's a great offer which is fair on both fighters.

Why is this even getting turned down??

mobilemaster8

Posts : 4302
Join date : 2012-05-10
Age : 37
Location : Stoke on Trent

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by horizontalhero Mon 27 Apr 2015, 8:14 am

Fail to see what makes Frampton any more a valid champion that Quigg, or what was wrong with a 60:40 to the winner. If they wanted the fight a £1.5m purse doesn't seem to sorry to me, but as per usual egos get in the way, and each party blames each other. Pathetic from both parties.

horizontalhero

Posts : 938
Join date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 27 Apr 2015, 8:22 am

horizontalhero wrote:Fail to see what makes Frampton any more a valid champion that Quigg, or what was wrong with a 60:40 to the winner. If they wanted the fight a £1.5m purse doesn't seem to sorry to me, but as per usual egos get in the way, and each party blames each other. Pathetic from both parties.

Well last time I checked Rigo was the WBA Champ thumbsup

Quiggs paper trinket doesn't even come into it. Bit like the Kameda v McDonnell fight. The WBO have anncounced the up coming fight between Kameda (WBO Champ) and McDonnell (WBA 'Regular' Champ) will not be a unification fight as McDonnell does not hold the full version of the belt and the WBO do not class him as a World Champion. And they will not authorise Kameda to put his title on the line either.

http://www.wboboxing.com/proposed-unification-championship-tomoki-kameda-vs-jamie-mcdonnell/

Frampton is the Champ, he commends the bigger spilt.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Posts : 4420
Join date : 2011-03-14
Location : Liverpool JFT96 YNWA

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Derbymanc Mon 27 Apr 2015, 8:56 am

Can't really fault this offer, whilst in a perfect world the winner would get the biggest share we know that doesn't happen and it's the guy that puts bums in seats, unfortunately for Quigg and Hearn, that guy is Frampton and he really should have accepted that.

Maybe he thinks Quigg isn't up to the job at the moment and we're now going to see him keep stepping up his opponents (I hope so) until a bigger fight with Framps can be made. (Get it sorted.)

Derbymanc

Posts : 4008
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 27 Apr 2015, 9:30 am

Missing the point SoF, as long as Rigondeaux is there the rest are in his shadow and can't be considered proper world champions.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 27 Apr 2015, 9:36 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Missing the point SoF, as long as Rigondeaux is there the rest are in his shadow and can't be considered proper world champions.

picard yes they can.

So Froch has never been a 'proper' world champion because he was in Ward's shadow. Get a grip

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Posts : 4420
Join date : 2011-03-14
Location : Liverpool JFT96 YNWA

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 27 Apr 2015, 9:41 am

We should have just one world champion because it's a joke these days.

I agree with Hammer that Rigo is the king of the division, but I don't agree with the statement that Nobody can be considered world champ because of it.

He beat a good opponent in Kiko and deserves to be called that.

But the point should be that there should be only one champ per division

Would make it a hell of a lot better


mobilemaster8

Posts : 4302
Join date : 2012-05-10
Age : 37
Location : Stoke on Trent

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 Apr 2015, 9:42 am

Derbymanc wrote:Can't really fault this offer, whilst in a perfect world the winner would get the biggest share we know that doesn't happen and it's the guy that puts bums in seats, unfortunately for Quigg and Hearn, that guy is Frampton and he really should have accepted that.

Maybe he thinks Quigg isn't up to the job at the moment and we're now going to see him keep stepping up his opponents (I hope so) until a bigger fight with Framps can be made. (Get it sorted.)

The ego has landed......

Watching Mcguigan on SKY every saturday and how he knew everything and anything.......(Keep him away from cab drivers though)

You just know frampo's career isn't going to run smooth..

1.5 million for a 122 pounder is gold..............Especially for fighting Quigg...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40524
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 27 Apr 2015, 9:43 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:Can't really fault this offer, whilst in a perfect world the winner would get the biggest share we know that doesn't happen and it's the guy that puts bums in seats, unfortunately for Quigg and Hearn, that guy is Frampton and he really should have accepted that.

Maybe he thinks Quigg isn't up to the job at the moment and we're now going to see him keep stepping up his opponents (I hope so) until a bigger fight with Framps can be made. (Get it sorted.)

The ego has landed......

Watching Mcguigan on SKY every saturday and how he knew everything and anything.......(Keep him away from cab drivers though)

You just know frampo's career isn't going to run smooth..

1.5 million for a 122 pounder is gold..............Especially for fighting Quigg...

Thats not the point though and you know it.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Posts : 4420
Join date : 2011-03-14
Location : Liverpool JFT96 YNWA

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by horizontalhero Mon 27 Apr 2015, 9:53 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Missing the point SoF, as long as Rigondeaux is there the rest are in his shadow and can't be considered proper world champions.

picard yes they can.

So Froch has never been a 'proper' world champion because he was in Ward's shadow. Get a grip

Exactly- Froch is a titlist, Ward is the champion. Quigg and Frampton are both paper champions as long as Rigo holds the crown. OK Frampton beat a better man to get his strap, but to claim he's the champ and therefore should get the Lions share is tosh. If they want the fight put the egos away, go 50:50.

horizontalhero

Posts : 938
Join date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 27 Apr 2015, 9:54 am

That is exactly the point SoF, if you don't like Hearn then you'll blame him but if you don't like Mcguigan like myself then you'll blame him, horses for courses.

As for Froch, a little bit different to Frampton; was champion before Ward, has fought a considerably higher level of opposition including four top three men, is more active than Ward but was ultimately a clear number two.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 Apr 2015, 9:56 am

I don't think Hearn's entirely blameless.............But no to 1.5 million for a beatable opponent at "122"....

Ridiculous..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40524
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 27 Apr 2015, 9:59 am

I think both sides are to blame not just eddie

wheelchair1991

Posts : 2129
Join date : 2011-07-03
Age : 32
Location : Worcester

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 Apr 2015, 10:01 am

wheelchair1991 wrote:I think both sides are to blame not just eddie

Could you do us a favor and let us know how your campaign is going on your off topic article.........

Polls aren't telling us anything wheelie and you're actively involved..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40524
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 27 Apr 2015, 10:10 am

The Rigondeaux point is all a bit of a red herring here. The fight concerns Quigg and Frampton, not Rigondeaux. Nobody seriously would bill this fight as the decider in who is the division's main man, it's simply to settle the score between two UK rivals and probably confirm the winner as a clear number two and Rigondeaux's next big opponent.

You can get pinickity about neither being the true champion at 122 if you like, but Frampton is at least the top man in his own sanctioning body. His IBF belt doesn't come with an asterisk or caveat like Quigg's WBA one does. By the letter of the law and history, Frampton's title isn't fully legitimate, but it's more legitimate than Quigg's, particularly as he actually beat an outright holder to win it.

But anyway, forgetting titles for a second - Frampton is the bigger name, the bigger attraction, has the better wins on his record and has generally left boxing fans more impressed with his performances than Quigg has. He's the more relevant and highly-ranked fighter of the pair regardless of belts. It's not like his 'better' title is his only bargaining tool - he's simply bringing more to the table overall. The title issue is just another little thing marginally in his favour on top of all the others.

Hey, maybe Frampton and McGuigan might eventually just think, 'What the hell' and be charitable enough to give Quigg and Hearn 50:50 simply because they want to draw a line under it all and get it done, similar to Wlad giving Haye an equal split which he probably didn't deserve. But that would make Quigg a lucky boy and while he and Hearn can dream on that front, it'd be utterly ridiculous for them to set out with a '50:50 or no fight' mindset or to totally hang their hopes on Frampton's team being that generous. 60:40 for Frampton is more than reasonable, especially if the fight was in England rather than Belfast. Frampton has become one of the UK's biggest attractions whereas Quigg is still essentially an undercard fighter.

Appreciate that there are two sides to every story, of course, but the one thing I will say is that when it comes to addressing where they are in negotiations and what the actual problems are, Frampton's side do seem to be a little more transparent and detailed.
88Chris05
88Chris05
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9645
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 35
Location : Nottingham

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 27 Apr 2015, 10:11 am

Ok ill update the thread ASAP Smile

wheelchair1991

Posts : 2129
Join date : 2011-07-03
Age : 32
Location : Worcester

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by aja424 Mon 27 Apr 2015, 10:15 am

Out of interest, and I know no-one on here will no for certain, but how much money would you guess that Frampton would have sitting in his account after stoppages and paying everyone, from being paid £1.5million?

aja424

Posts : 748
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 45
Location : Nottingham

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 27 Apr 2015, 10:18 am

horizontalhero wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Missing the point SoF, as long as Rigondeaux is there the rest are in his shadow and can't be considered proper world champions.

picard yes they can.

So Froch has never been a 'proper' world champion because he was in Ward's shadow. Get a grip

Exactly- Froch is a titlist, Ward is the champion. Quigg and Frampton are both paper champions as long as Rigo holds the crown. OK Frampton beat a better man to get his strap, but to claim he's the champ and therefore should get the Lions share is tosh. If they want the fight put the egos away, go 50:50.

Just to get this out, I've got no affinity towards any promoter in boxing.
I maybe old fashioned but if you win either WBC, IBF, WBO or WBA 'Super' picard , you are a world champion. Regardless of whether your the best in the division or not.

Quigg is not a World Champion in my book, but Frampton is therefore as tradition goes, he deserves the lion share, which has happened throughout the history of boxing. Just because Quigg is with a promoter that has more financial cout, that does not mean the Champion should bow down to there demands. They need Frampton more then Frampton needs Quigg.

The are willing to offer Frampton a guaranteed £1.5mill but not Rigo who is actually the WBA champ. Why?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Posts : 4420
Join date : 2011-03-14
Location : Liverpool JFT96 YNWA

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 Apr 2015, 10:18 am

88Chris05 wrote:The Rigondeaux point is all a bit of a red herring here. The fight concerns Quigg and Frampton, not Rigondeaux. Nobody seriously would bill this fight as the decider in who is the division's main man, it's simply to settle the score between two UK rivals and probably confirm the winner as a clear number two and Rigondeaux's next big opponent.

You can get pinickity about neither being the true champion at 122 if you like, but Frampton is at least the top man in his own sanctioning body. His IBF belt doesn't come with an asterisk or caveat like Quigg's WBA one does. By the letter of the law and history, Frampton's title isn't fully legitimate, but it's more legitimate than Quigg's, particularly as he actually beat an outright holder to win it.

But anyway, forgetting titles for a second - Frampton is the bigger name, the bigger attraction, has the better wins on his record and has generally left boxing fans more impressed with his performances than Quigg has. He's the more relevant and highly-ranked fighter of the pair regardless of belts. It's not like his 'better' title is his only bargaining tool - he's simply bringing more to the table overall. The title issue is just another little thing marginally in his favour on top of all the others.

Hey, maybe Frampton and McGuigan might eventually just think, 'What the hell' and be charitable enough to give Quigg and Hearn 50:50 simply because they want to draw a line under it all and get it done, similar to Wlad giving Haye an equal split which he probably didn't deserve. But that would make Quigg a lucky boy and while he and Hearn can dream on that front, it'd be utterly ridiculous for them to set out with a '50:50 or no fight' mindset or to totally hang their hopes on Frampton's team being that generous. 60:40 for Frampton is more than reasonable, especially if the fight was in England rather than Belfast. Frampton has become one of the UK's biggest attractions whereas Quigg is still essentially an undercard fighter.

Appreciate that there are two sides to every story, of course, but the one thing I will say is that when it comes to addressing where they are in negotiations and what the actual problems are, Frampton's side do seem to be a little more transparent and detailed.

Hearn as he rightly states is the only one of the two parties that can stage a fight of this size...........He's also as he states will be taking all the risks....... and also a 1.5 million purse is astronomical below 126........

Lightweight number 1 Rosario got $400,000 for a huge fight with jr light champ and number 1 Chavez...back in 87.....

That equates to $1.2 million odd today...........Converted to £.....Well less than two thirds of what Frampo has been offered !!

Ridiculous..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40524
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 27 Apr 2015, 10:20 am

88Chris05 wrote:The Rigondeaux point is all a bit of a red herring here. The fight concerns Quigg and Frampton, not Rigondeaux. Nobody seriously would bill this fight as the decider in who is the division's main man, it's simply to settle the score between two UK rivals and probably confirm the winner as a clear number two and Rigondeaux's next big opponent.

You can get pinickity about neither being the true champion at 122 if you like, but Frampton is at least the top man in his own sanctioning body. His IBF belt doesn't come with an asterisk or caveat like Quigg's WBA one does. By the letter of the law and history, Frampton's title isn't fully legitimate, but it's more legitimate than Quigg's, particularly as he actually beat an outright holder to win it.

But anyway, forgetting titles for a second - Frampton is the bigger name, the bigger attraction, has the better wins on his record and has generally left boxing fans more impressed with his performances than Quigg has. He's the more relevant and highly-ranked fighter of the pair regardless of belts. It's not like his 'better' title is his only bargaining tool - he's simply bringing more to the table overall. The title issue is just another little thing marginally in his favour on top of all the others.

Hey, maybe Frampton and McGuigan might eventually just think, 'What the hell' and be charitable enough to give Quigg and Hearn 50:50 simply because they want to draw a line under it all and get it done, similar to Wlad giving Haye an equal split which he probably didn't deserve. But that would make Quigg a lucky boy and while he and Hearn can dream on that front, it'd be utterly ridiculous for them to set out with a '50:50 or no fight' mindset or to totally hang their hopes on Frampton's team being that generous. 60:40 for Frampton is more than reasonable, especially if the fight was in England rather than Belfast. Frampton has become one of the UK's biggest attractions whereas Quigg is still essentially an undercard fighter.

Appreciate that there are two sides to every story, of course, but the one thing I will say is that when it comes to addressing where they are in negotiations and what the actual problems are, Frampton's side do seem to be a little more transparent and detailed.

Great post Chris

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Posts : 4420
Join date : 2011-03-14
Location : Liverpool JFT96 YNWA

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Rowley Mon 27 Apr 2015, 10:22 am

Think the one thing that will be reasonably certain is when both fighters name their next opponents neither fight will get us as excited as a fight between the two, so irrespective of the rights or wrongs of this nonsense it is yet again the fans that miss out.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 51
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 27 Apr 2015, 10:24 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:The Rigondeaux point is all a bit of a red herring here. The fight concerns Quigg and Frampton, not Rigondeaux. Nobody seriously would bill this fight as the decider in who is the division's main man, it's simply to settle the score between two UK rivals and probably confirm the winner as a clear number two and Rigondeaux's next big opponent.

You can get pinickity about neither being the true champion at 122 if you like, but Frampton is at least the top man in his own sanctioning body. His IBF belt doesn't come with an asterisk or caveat like Quigg's WBA one does. By the letter of the law and history, Frampton's title isn't fully legitimate, but it's more legitimate than Quigg's, particularly as he actually beat an outright holder to win it.

But anyway, forgetting titles for a second - Frampton is the bigger name, the bigger attraction, has the better wins on his record and has generally left boxing fans more impressed with his performances than Quigg has. He's the more relevant and highly-ranked fighter of the pair regardless of belts. It's not like his 'better' title is his only bargaining tool - he's simply bringing more to the table overall. The title issue is just another little thing marginally in his favour on top of all the others.

Hey, maybe Frampton and McGuigan might eventually just think, 'What the hell' and be charitable enough to give Quigg and Hearn 50:50 simply because they want to draw a line under it all and get it done, similar to Wlad giving Haye an equal split which he probably didn't deserve. But that would make Quigg a lucky boy and while he and Hearn can dream on that front, it'd be utterly ridiculous for them to set out with a '50:50 or no fight' mindset or to totally hang their hopes on Frampton's team being that generous. 60:40 for Frampton is more than reasonable, especially if the fight was in England rather than Belfast. Frampton has become one of the UK's biggest attractions whereas Quigg is still essentially an undercard fighter.

Appreciate that there are two sides to every story, of course, but the one thing I will say is that when it comes to addressing where they are in negotiations and what the actual problems are, Frampton's side do seem to be a little more transparent and detailed.

Hearn as he rightly states is the only one of the two parties that can stage a fight of this size...........He's also as he states will be taking all the risks....... and also a 1.5 million purse is astronomical below 126........

Lightweight number 1 Rosario got $400,000 for a huge fight with jr light champ and number 1 Chavez...back in 87.....

That equates to $1.2 million odd today...........Converted to £.....Well less than two thirds of what Frampo has been offered !!

Ridiculous..

Missing the point again Truss, Frampton is getting that £1.5mill. Quigg will be getting more and he's not even the champion.

What risks is Hearn is taking exactly?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Posts : 4420
Join date : 2011-03-14
Location : Liverpool JFT96 YNWA

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 Apr 2015, 10:26 am

If it doesn't sell Quigg won't be getting more.....Hearn is taking all the risk and he's the only promoter big enough to do the show...

1.5 millions with no options for a 122 pounder.......

Wilfredo Gomez has just booked himself into a clinic with depression !!! Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40524
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 27 Apr 2015, 10:26 am

Quigg wouldn't be getting more than that at all SoF, the fight isn't that big.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Coxy001 Mon 27 Apr 2015, 10:41 am

Must be that time of the month Truss, that is when I agree with you. Without Hearn Barry Mac and Frampton will earn nowhere near the amount Hearn would be able to generate for this fight in terms of promotions - Cyclone Promotions vs. Matchroom - there is simply no winner.

It's a career high payday and Barry can shove his righteous nonsense up his arse - Quigg is the only guy that gets him that sort of money and he's tied to Hearn.

I thought a manager should be doing what's best for his fighter? In the case of the little Irish numpti Barry he is doing the polar opposite and needs to swallow his "I'm desperate to relive my own career" rhetoric and let Hearn call the shots - no Hearn = back on smaller paydays for his fighter in a division where Rigo would chop his left nut off to get that sort of payday.

Vile little man.

Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 27 Apr 2015, 10:52 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If it doesn't sell Quigg won't be getting more.....Hearn is taking all the risk and he's the only promoter big enough to do the show...

Thats what he wants you to think, did you not see the publicity stunt with the cheque on Sky Sports News?

That was to get everyone talking and get people clambering for the fight.

This fight sells, hence why he desperatley wanted to make it. Frampton is the name in this fight. Frampton has the title. Quigg has Matchroom backing, thats the only clout he has.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Posts : 4420
Join date : 2011-03-14
Location : Liverpool JFT96 YNWA

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 27 Apr 2015, 10:55 am

It's the only clout that matters unfortunately and it's about time some people realised that before carrying on as if it doesn't matter, the seller of any fight is the one with the financial backing not necessarily the bigger fanbase.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by hampo17 Mon 27 Apr 2015, 10:59 am

Truss you seem fixated on the £1.5m figure, great offer on the face of it no doubt. But what extras are tagged on to it? Remember Groves taking a smaller cut because Eddie wanted to have the right to his next half dozen fights after the Wembley show.

Wouldn't surprise me if he is trying something similar here, that way if Frampton wins he can claim to still promote a world champion.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9108
Join date : 2011-02-24
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:02 am

Strange however don't you think Hampo that Groves is yet to fight on a Sauerland card and probably won't for some time, he's still being used as a pawn in Matchrooms bigger game.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:07 am

Frampton and Barry are clearly not as confident in his charge as he claims to be if he wants an outright 60/40 and not wanting a 60/40 to the winner.

People saying Frampton brings more to the table, well he has more fans and has a proper title but how much money does he bring to the table himself? He can't do a PPV show without Quigg. (Neither can Quigg) But its slightly different, Quigg doesn't sell the PPV, but he has the keys to it, making him the one who holds the cards. Frampton is signed with ITV, who aren't paying much to show Frampton it sounds like.

Barry should have just accepted 60/40 to the winner, as they're so confident of winning, 60/40 outright surely isn't a difference if they're going to win anyway?

And SoF, a Quigg Vs. Rigo fight doesn't generate anywhere near 1.5 Million. That can't be offered to Rigo without Match room losing a load of money. Frampton has no platform to generate that kind of money himself. ITV can't get him that, he'll be massive after cutting a deal with Sky for this fight. If Quigg loses against Martinez next Framptons team are going to look like total morons.

AlexHuckerby

Posts : 9201
Join date : 2011-03-31
Age : 32
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by hampo17 Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:08 am

Not really, Sauerland are wanting to get their UK fighters over here. Different to being contracted to a man you can't stand, to your promoter getting you on a show.

Sauerland letting Groves fight on their card is what got Smith two world title shots no doubt.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9108
Join date : 2011-02-24
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Strongback Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:10 am

Eddie will sell this as a PPV fight and even at a few hundred thousand buys he will cover the purse. The money generated at the venue on the night will be all Eddie's. Eddie could sell £1.5 million in hot dogs and beer. McGuigan knows what Eddie will make so wants a fair shake.

"He did it because he's bullish, he's cocky and he thinks he has control of everything, but he hasn't."

Barry words exactly reflect the reason I dislike Hearn........he's a total false face.

A wheelin dealin man from Clones is well fit for any faux East End barrow boy.



Strongback

Posts : 6529
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Matchroom Sports Head Office

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:14 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:It's the only clout that matters unfortunately and it's about time some people realised that before carrying on as if it doesn't matter, the seller of any fight is the one with the financial backing not necessarily the bigger fanbase.

Stop talking out of your hoop, big fights won't happen without the fans.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Posts : 4420
Join date : 2011-03-14
Location : Liverpool JFT96 YNWA

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:16 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:It's the only clout that matters unfortunately and it's about time some people realised that before carrying on as if it doesn't matter, the seller of any fight is the one with the financial backing not necessarily the bigger fanbase.

Stop talking out of your hoop, big fights won't happen without the fans.

How simplistic..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40524
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:16 am

Eddie could sell 1.5 Million in beer and hot dogs... Have any statistical analysis to back that up...

AlexHuckerby

Posts : 9201
Join date : 2011-03-31
Age : 32
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:17 am

hampo171 wrote:Not really, Sauerland are wanting to get their UK fighters over here. Different to being contracted to a man you can't stand, to your promoter getting you on a show.

Sauerland letting Groves fight on their card is what got Smith two world title shots no doubt.

I tend to think it's more down to Sauerland not having a market for him and the fact he wouldn't sell in Germany, they have no option but to put him on Matchroom cards.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:17 am

Big fights won't happen on ITV either SoF.

AlexHuckerby

Posts : 9201
Join date : 2011-03-31
Age : 32
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:18 am

Strongback wrote:Eddie will sell this as a PPV fight and even at a few hundred thousand buys he will cover the purse.  The money generated at the venue on the night will be all Eddie's.  Eddie could sell £1.5 million in hot dogs and beer.  McGuigan knows what Eddie will make so wants a fair shake.

"He did it because he's bullish, he's cocky and he thinks he has control of everything, but he hasn't."

Barry words exactly reflect the reason I dislike Hearn........he's a total false face.

A wheelin dealin man from Clones is well fit for any faux East End barrow boy.



No point in you commenting.............

Dear oh dear....You're like a jilted wife trying to get back at her husband for going off with something less boring and bitter...


TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40524
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:18 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:It's the only clout that matters unfortunately and it's about time some people realised that before carrying on as if it doesn't matter, the seller of any fight is the one with the financial backing not necessarily the bigger fanbase.

Stop talking out of your hoop, big fights won't happen without the fans.

How would the fans have to pay for the fight and who controls that line of revenue?

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:18 am

They could stick Groves in with Abraham?

AlexHuckerby

Posts : 9201
Join date : 2011-03-31
Age : 32
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Strongback Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:18 am

[quote="Hammersmith harrier"]It's the only clout that matters unfortunately and it's about time some people realised that before carrying on as if it doesn't matter, the seller of any fight is the one with the financial backing not necessarily the bigger fanbase.[/quo


Don King had no money when he made a deal to provide a $5,000,000 purse for Ali v Foreman.

McGuigan has run a promotions so I'm sure he could hire a football stadium and put the fight together and air it on ITV.

Strongback

Posts : 6529
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Matchroom Sports Head Office

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:19 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:Big fights won't happen on ITV either SoF.

I didn't suggest they would?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Posts : 4420
Join date : 2011-03-14
Location : Liverpool JFT96 YNWA

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:21 am

Then why haven't McGuigans team made an offer. "They could hire out a football stadium and throw glitter around" God you talk nonsense Strongback

AlexHuckerby

Posts : 9201
Join date : 2011-03-31
Age : 32
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:21 am

Why doesn't Mcguigan contact Quigg with that offer then Strongy, if he's capable of putting it all together on his own why bother with negotiations with Hearn. Quigg is free to fight on ITV without Matchroom.

Also Alex, I can't imagine Sauerland wanting to do that, for as long as Abraham has easy defences lined up they'll go down that route, having a big money spinner losing to a non money spinner would be bad business.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:21 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:It's the only clout that matters unfortunately and it's about time some people realised that before carrying on as if it doesn't matter, the seller of any fight is the one with the financial backing not necessarily the bigger fanbase.

Stop talking out of your hoop, big fights won't happen without the fans.

How would the fans have to pay for the fight and who controls that line of revenue?

What are you chatting?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Posts : 4420
Join date : 2011-03-14
Location : Liverpool JFT96 YNWA

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:24 am

But what the point is SoF. The only way through to PPV will be to bow down (Not that there's too much bowing down to do) to Hearns offer. Which is fair, 60/40 to the winner. How do you suggest the fight take place, if your answer is on Sky PPV, then Hearn has the ace.

AlexHuckerby

Posts : 9201
Join date : 2011-03-31
Age : 32
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:25 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Why doesn't Mcguigan contact Quigg with that offer then Strongy, if he's capable of putting it all together on his own why bother with negotiations with Hearn. Quigg is free to fight on ITV without Matchroom.

Also Alex, I can't imagine Sauerland wanting to do that, for as long as Abraham has easy defences lined up they'll go down that route, having a big money spinner losing to a non money spinner would be bad business.

Why bother..........

Mcguigan is right because he's Irish..

He's Steffan without the brains or the personality..

Bigger question is why is someone who's apparently worth twenty times more than Eddie..........so obsessed by him ??

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40524
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:26 am

Bit kind to Stefan there Truss!

AlexHuckerby

Posts : 9201
Join date : 2011-03-31
Age : 32
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by horizontalhero Mon 27 Apr 2015, 1:16 pm

aja424 wrote:Out of interest, and I know no-one on here will no for certain, but how much money would you guess that Frampton would have sitting in his account after stoppages and paying everyone, from being paid £1.5million?

Somewhere around the £500K mark. The tax man will take around a third, Barry will have 10-20% of it, and then there are training costs.

horizontalhero

Posts : 938
Join date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum