The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just hear me out!

+11
horizontalhero
Dipper Brown
TRUSSMAN66
Valero's Conscience
Herman Jaeger
Derbymanc
Lance
Strongback
milkyboy
John Bloody Wayne
ONETWOFOREVER
15 posters

Go down

Just hear me out! Empty Just hear me out!

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 04 May 2015, 11:12 pm

Something very odd about the Mayweather / Pacquaio fight. Here are my thoughts

1) This fight was made very quickly with both fighters having only 2 months to prepare

2) After all the controversy in the past 5 years including the name calling, PED accusations, out of court settlements, bad history between promoters, and trainers this fight just happened to materialize at an off chance encounter at a basketball game. Cameras on hand to document the event.

3) Pacman did not seem himself smiling and laughing It looked to be a big joke to a man who was apparently ''fighting for his people''

4) Mayweather was in particular very quite throughout the whole build up. This was a man who had insulted Manny on a racial and personal level in the past.

5) Strange goings on in the fight itself. Both talking with each other and that hug before the final round?????

6) Manny through everything at Marquez but seemed too timid against a reluctant fighter in Floyd.

To me the whole event just does not feel right to me.

any thoughts?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Just hear me out! Empty Re: Just hear me out!

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 04 May 2015, 11:22 pm

Sh!tloads, all of them twisted around one another in a tight, incoherent coil of demented purposelessness.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 04 May 2015, 11:33 pm

Whilst your reputation for conspiracy theories precedes you onethree, there was something very cosy about the whole affair.

I'm damn sure I saw elvis in the crowd too.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 05 May 2015, 12:43 am

$400,000,000 between them........might have taken the focus off the fighting bit.  

Ever see the photos of Haye and Chisora hanging out in the States after they fought, best mates.  Business is business.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue 05 May 2015, 8:51 am

Pac was embarassed from start to finish. Never looked like he really believed he would win.

Was not an off chance meeting. Had been months of negotiating up until then. Thhat was just a publicity stunt

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 05 May 2015, 8:58 am

No, No, No and No 1/2.

If there was any conspiracy going on, it would have been a total barnbuster that ended in a draw (or very very close) setting the stage for Fight of the Century 2 'now with added costs'

Pac got embarassed from the first bell, Roach was found to have no real plan and the only conspiracy I would even consider is that Manny's team had the excuse set up from the get go (Seriously, how does a team so experienced file the wrong paperwork)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 05 May 2015, 9:42 am

The five year wait did two things. It increased the gate from a $100m US to $400m US but on the flip side it ultimately diffused the tension between the two fighters and it was this lack of tension which ruined the whole show for me.

It should have happened post Hatton.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 05 May 2015, 9:57 am

Agree with Derby and Lance.

No conspiracy, just the more skilled fighter winning a fight anyone with a shred of boxing IQ knew wouldn't be Hagler-Hearns.

Negotiations were on going for months before fight was announced, both had plenty of time to prepare but made no difference as Mayweather's defence is superior to Manny's offense.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 05 May 2015, 3:22 pm

Mayweather was clever though.............He obviously knew he was picking Manny next and probably started planning months back in September.............He then only gave Manny a couple of months notice of the fight..........Bumping in to him at a basketball game..

The four p's..................Planning, preparation, practice and presentation.........

Certainly a bit of Leonard - Hagler about it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue 05 May 2015, 4:14 pm

I think negotiations were in place between both parties and showtime long before the basketball game

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 05 May 2015, 4:33 pm

Lance wrote:I think negotiations were in place between both parties and showtime long before the basketball game

But they had been before..............Only this time I imagine FM new way in advance he was taking it............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 05 May 2015, 5:55 pm

Hmmm, there are clues that not everything was above board.

It's would be a bit of a kick in the stones for the fans considering Manny's urine poor performance if he went in fully aware of an injury that will require surgery. Suggests that maybe he was just looking for a pay day, makes this whole 'fight of the century' look a bit bogus and laughable.

I'd prefer the alternative that he was just out fought and out thought by Floyd rather than the idea that the fans have all been mugged off. But there is definitely suggestions that something foul was afoot.

Can't help but think if the roles were reversed all we'd hear is people telling Floyd to man up, take his medicine and shut his mouth though.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Tue 05 May 2015, 8:38 pm

The one thing everyone seemed to want prior to the fight was there to be no controversy….

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 05 May 2015, 10:04 pm

All that happened was that mayweather eliminated all risk entirely and won the fight comfortably. He could have put the exclamation mark on it by bullying Pacquiao but that would have given Manny ample more chances to get his shots in and make a real fight of it. He played it safety first which suggests he did take him more seriously than Canelo Cotto or guerrero.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Tue 05 May 2015, 10:58 pm

I saw the title of the post and the poster and was just about to open it and type "take care 1-2. Happy retirement". As it is, I thought it had been implied the basketball meeting was staged in one of the documentaries? I'm sure someone had said this was all being worked on for quite a while. Could be wrong though.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 07 May 2015, 12:08 pm

Either Manny was robbed or he did not fight as hard as he could as Floyd threatened to hurt his family back in the Philippines if he won

I have also heard that referee Kenny Bayless slipped Floyd a knuckle duster in round 6 if you watch the coverage close up

Plus Floyd is apparently seen giving the judges all a cheque for 100 trillion dollars each after the fight

Some people think Mayweather won the fight fair and square. But what would those idiots know

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Thu 07 May 2015, 12:16 pm

Just a bad fight in my opinion fought by 2 blokes a bit past their best. So we got a fight with neither fighter doing much, settled by one going into the ring stupidly with one arm all but useless throwing nothing and the other not doing much more other than throwing a few jabs extra a round to win the fight. Only positive if they have a rematch when Manny is fully fit it could not be as bad again.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 07 May 2015, 12:24 pm

Had this fight happened 5-6 years ago I would say Manny had more of a chance as he was a lot fitter and sharper and would have been able to possibly outwork Mayweathers defensive tactics. They didn't fight 5-6 years ago though and while both boxers got a massive pay packet this fight will never be up there with the greats due to both being past their best

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 May 2015, 12:26 pm

How do you outwork defensive tactics, Steffy ?

Just asking..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Thu 07 May 2015, 12:47 pm

To be fair Truss the very few times Manny opened up Floyd went straight to the ropes and conceded the initiative and it won Manny the rounds i guess the injury prevented him doing much more, but it was such a dull fight that even just opening up those short bursts of attacks five or six more times at well timed points over the whole 12 rounds might have won Manny a decision. I think the fact Manny went into the ring with such a serious injury conned us all out of a proper fight and i hope he is hammered in the pocket, its alright for him earning a £100m but many of us bet on him to win completely unaware he was basically fighting with one arm against a great fighter like Floyd. At this moment though my only thoughts about this fight is anger toward Manny and Roach for taking the money when Manny should not even have been training let alone fighting in a huge match. I am sure it will be a different fight if he is fully fit that's not to say Floyd wont raise his game against a much better Pac Man as well, but franky i dont think either of them is worth that kind of money again.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down