The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Billy Corgan Interview

2 posters

Go down

Billy Corgan Interview Empty Billy Corgan Interview

Post by Adam D Thu May 07, 2015 7:24 am

http://v2wrestling.com/5/post/2015/05/billy-corgan-talks-about-his-wrestling-vision.html

Billy Corgan Interview 5437299

Billy talks to the press on 6th May 15

Billy Corgan joins an international conference call where he discusses his views on wrestling and how he is going to tackle his new role with TNA Impact.

A huge thank you to Billy for his time.

To listen to the show scroll below or download from iTunes here (click)

If you have problem listening to the show on the v2Journal, you can listen directly to the show on http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2015-05-06T13_13_15-07_00

Interview with EC3
Interview with Spud
Interview with Jeff Jarrett
Interview with Nigel McGuinness
Interview with Gail Kim
Interview with Bram
Interview with Doug Williams
Interview with Rob Terry
Interview with Chris Daniels 
Hulk Hogan retrospective
Interview with TJ Perkins/ Manik
Interview with MVP
Interview with Snitsky
Interview with Austin Aries
Interview with Lex Luger
The latest v2 Wrestling Podcast

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Billy Corgan Interview Empty Re: Billy Corgan Interview

Post by Prometheus Thu May 07, 2015 7:04 pm

What did you think Adam?

I'd not know anything about Billy Corgan prior to listening to this. I'm only 10 mins in, but I'm hugely impressed. He sounds knowledgeable, intelligent and comes across as a great communicator. I'd been worried that he was a fan, and he is, but I think he understands the wrestling business and certainly knows the live entertainment business. Already, a couple of things he's said, eg a "wrestling first product" and developmental focus branded to TNA are particularly interesting.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu May 07, 2015 7:20 pm

I thought he came over exceedingly well but uses the phrase "vis-à-vis" too much Laugh

He seems to have a genuine passion and brain for it - I really liked what he said about entrance music. Have high hopes for his tenure.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu May 07, 2015 7:56 pm

I could listen to him talk all day long, I think he's a great communicator. He's certainly not a faux-appointment as a publicity stunt. And he's driven for this. So it sounds a perfect start. I just hope that it goes well for the next 6 months, because his ideas sound big so if they don't get over with TNA or the roster or the fans, the honeymoon will end. But its IMO a perfect start.

One other thing he talked about that I was thinking about last night. Social media. You got me thinking on your question regarding Eric Young. And I started to think there is a bit of Foley in him, it is not a good analogy, but try to stay with me. You know when Mick was not so popular, had a wild character and a look that wasn't a wrestler. And of course, he got over doing big bumps and being the foe of Undertaker. And is Eric Young getting over doing big bumps on others (piledriving Angle multiple times or the piledriver through the table, etc.).

Then I started to think about how Foley got over. And you may remember, WWE pushed him hard. There was a biopic split over a couple of Raws that showed him as a kid jumping off his house, and growing up. It was real X-Factor journey stuff with JR really selling this guy.

That led me to Adam Rose. And this is a mild spoiler if you've not seen WWE: Behind the Curtain. But his 3 year old boy was born with some organs outside his body and at 3 has already lived longer than doctors said he would. And you see Ray Leppan (Adam) feeing him through a tube, spending time with him and saying he wants to succeed for his son. And this completely and utterly changes him in my estimation from a very average wrestler with a terrible character to the world's biggest babyface.

And then you have Billy asking the question of should wrestlers have a gimmick account, or should they be like actors where we know the actor is (let's say) Ray Leppan and he plays the character Adam Rose, but we know they are different.

I think it is a really good question. Because when WWE pull back the curtain and show Ray's family life. Or the recent NXT episode that had 10 minutes on Itami's journey to Mania where he's with his family. Well, it just shows them in such a different light and I do think in 2015 we as fans need to get behind the person as well as the character.

Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu May 07, 2015 8:05 pm

When he was talking about social media, I didnt actually take the same thing out of it as you. I couldnt tell if he was for personal life on social media or against it. I thought he was just raising the fact it should be consistant.

I think that Robbie E does it very well.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu May 07, 2015 8:11 pm

Sorry, I definitely think he was saying that it should be consistent. And I agree with him on that. I think he was however asking the question of how it is done. At least that was my understanding, so he was asking do the wrestlers have personal and gimmick accounts, or is it okay for a heel to tweet pictures of them with their dog.

I personally think they should have a gimmick account. I think it gives the company more control over that account. For example, if/when Lana and Rusev split on screen does that mean they use their Twitter differently?

I was confusing too many items (apologies) and I don't want everything to be an X-Factor journey and sob story, but I do think in general pulling back the curtain and giving viewers a peek into the personal lives of wrestlers and making them real people can be good for the connection between the performer and the viewer.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down