The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TNA impact results

+4
Dr Gregory House MD
Samo
Dolphin Ziggler
Fernando
8 posters

Go down

TNA impact results  Empty TNA impact results

Post by Fernando Sat 09 May 2015, 10:38 am

Eric Young starts the show by demanding to know who tonight’s referee is, and he says it’s been long enough since he’s been champion. Bully Ray’s music cues up and he makes his return to TNA, and says they know who he is, he is tonight’s special guest referee!

EC3 makes his entrance and says he is doing this for all of the fans, and he wanted them to vote for a gentleman’s contest of arm wrestling. He gets cut off by Anderson, who tells him to shut up because he is sick of hearing him. Anderson reveals the vote is for a falls count anywhere match with 85% of the vote, and he runs to the ring and goes after Ethan.

Falls Count Anywhere
Ethan Carter III (w/ Tyrus) vs Ken Anderson

Tyrus gets involved but Anderson throws him outside and suplexes Ethan, then he hits the ropes but Tyrus pulls him outside. Tyrus punches Anderson a few times, but Anderson hits a Mic Check into the ringpost and rolls back in. Ethan runs but Anderson chops him near the barricade, then he slams Ethan into the apron and gets some weapons. Anderson goes for a Mic Check on the ramp but Ethan backdrops him, then he hits him a few times before they get back in the ring. Anderson hits a rolling senton, then Tyrus runs in and splashes Anderson before hitting a heart punch, and Ethan makes the cover.

Winner – EC III

The BDC comes out MVP says he is holding the mask of his fourth brother, Homicide, who got taken out near his home and had shoulder surgery. He loosely implies the Rising might have had some hand in it, then he says the fans stand up, but the BDC stands up too. MVP says the fans support politicians and shame them, and call them thugs, which is really code for ‘n*gger.’ MVP reacts to the fans and says ‘yeah, he said it’, and The Rising comes out and Drew says he doesn’t play around in the streets.

Drew says his playground is the ring, and anyone could have attacked Homicide, because he’s not exactly the nicest guy. Drew says the BDC should look around, because Kenny King looked a little jealous Homicide touched his title last week. MVP says they are brothers and this is ridiculous, because they care about winning and making money, things more important than the fans. MVP says he is going to cut the head off of their movement right now, so Drew agrees to a match and runs in the ring. The Rising attacks the BDC, then they end up clearing the ring as we cut to a break.

Drew Galloway (w/ The Rising) vs MVP (w/ The Beat Down Clan)

We join the match in progress and see MVP kick Drew in the face, then Drew comes back with a kick of his own before heading to the apron. MVP tackles him and whips him headfirst into the barricade, then he hits him a few more times before sending him in the ring. Drew fights back, and hits a Future Shock DDT for the win.

Winner – Drew Galloway

Eric Young runs out and beats Drew with a chair, then the BDC joins in and MVP and Eric have a stand off. Eric throws the chair down and says something inaudible to MVP, and walks away while the BDC taunts the crowd.

James Storm walks to the ring with some gifts and welcomes Mickie James to the ring, and he says he knows she’s transitioning to a post wrestling career. He says motherhood is important to her, but she’s a great wrestler, and her career and music and really important to her too. Storm asks her to open his gift and she reveals a guitar, and she thanks him and they take a few photos together. Magnus walks out and Storm jokes around and hands him his old gladiator helmet, but Magnus isn’t laughing and shoves Storm back. Magnus leaves with Mickie, but Storm says he had one more gift for their son, and holds up a teddy bear. He says it’s from Uncle James, then Magnus runs back in and smashes the guitar over Storm’s head, and leaves.

MVP finds Eric Young backstage and asks why he was in the ring earlier, but Eric says they aren’t friends. He says they did business once and it made Bobby Roode lose the title, so MVP should think about that. Eric says they can work together one more time, then he says ‘they’ can be champion again, and tells MVP to think about it.

Awesome Kong & Gail Kim vs The Dollhouse

Jade and Marti attack Gail in the corner and kick her a few times, then Gail makes a comeback with some strikes. Kong gets the tag and connects with some clotheslines and goes for an Implant Buster, but the Dollhouse breaks it up. Gail tags herself in and gets a near fall, then Kong hits Jade with an Implant Buster. Gail goes for Eat Defeat, but Taryn and Marti attack her, and Taryn rolls Gail up for the win.

Winners – The Dollhouse

Matt Hardy comes to the ring and says it’s been a tough few weeks for him and his brother Jeff, because they reached the peak, but now they got some bad news. Matt says Jeff’s injury is bad, but Jeff’s always done what he wants because that’s his personality, and extreme isn’t just a character. Matt says he had the choice made for him, and he reluctantly has to vacate the titles, and says he’s going home to find out what’s next.

The Dirty Heels, Austin Aries and Bobby Roode walk to the ring, and Aries says he remembers what Eric Young did to him. He says he promised Kurt Angle he’d wait to get revenge after the title match, so now they can talk about other gold. Aries says these tag titles have a curse on them lately, but it’s an opportunity for the two of them and Roode says it’s time they put the titles on the best team here. Davey Richards comes out and says there’s one team more deserving than anyone, and that’s The Wolves, and he wants to reintroduce his partner, Eddie Edwards. Eddie comes to the ring and he says they can obviously see he is healed up, and he’s been cleared to wrestle. Eddie says this isn’t just about one match and they should prove who the best is, and calls for a best of five series, which the Heels agree to.

Angelina Love comes to the ring and says all she’s heard about is the BroMans breaking up and the Knockouts, but it’s time for her! She says she’s the only Beautiful person here, then Velvet Sky shows up in the crowd and Angelina asks why she is there. Angelina says Velvet looks terrible, then she says she was busy and is glad to see her, and hopes Velvet is back for good. Velvet doesn’t do anything, and Angelina gets peed and says Velvet is nothing without her. Angelina screams at her to say something, but Velvet spears her and hits her a few times before choking her out.

TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Eric Young vs Kurt Angle (c)

Kurt and Eric fight back and forth before Kurt gets sent outside, then Eric smiles as he sees the BDC walk to the ramp. Bully Ray calls for them to get back in as we go to a break, then we get back to see Eric applying a headlock. Kurt fights back and they trade punches, then Kurt hits a few German suplexes and calls for a Angle Slam. Eric counters but Kurt rolls through into an ankle lock, but Eric makes it to the ropes after MVP pushes them closer.

Eric kicks Kurt to the floor, then Bully warns the BDC but Eric hits him with a low blow. The BDC attacks Kurt until Chris Melendez and the Rising make the save, and they fight the BDC backstage. Eric calls for the end and sets up Bull for a piledriver, but Bully backdrops him and Kurt hits an Angle Slam for… two! Kurt goes for another Angle Slam but Eric blocks and rolls through, then blocks an ankle lock and hits a piledriver. Kurt kicks out so Eric heads up top, then he hits a crossbody but Kurt rolls through and makes him tap to the ankle lock to retain.

Winner – Kurt Angle

Last edited by Fernando on Sat 09 May 2015, 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

TNA impact results  Empty Re: TNA impact results

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 09 May 2015, 11:50 am

Falls Count Anywhere

Tyrus gets involved but Anderson throws him outside and suplexes Ethan, then he hits the ropes but Tyrus pulls him outside. Tyrus punches Anderson a few times, but Anderson hits a Mic Check into the ringpost and rolls back in. Ethan runs but Anderson chops him near the barricade, then he slams Ethan into the apron and gets some weapons. Anderson goes for a Mic Check on the ramp but Ethan backdrops him, then he hits him a few times before they get back in the ring. Anderson hits a rolling senton, then Tyrus runs in and splashes Anderson before hitting a heart punch, and Ethan makes the cover.

Winner – Ken Anderson

Presume thats a mistake!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 09 May 2015, 12:20 pm

Yeah it is Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 09 May 2015, 1:41 pm

Interesting to see Bully Ray back. I think he had something to offer the WWE, especially if they brought back Dvon aswell. Obviously the higher ups disagree. Shame.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 09 May 2015, 2:30 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Falls Count Anywhere

Winner – Ken Anderson

Presume thats a mistake!

I did a quick skim and was out raged that they threw away his streak like that, wasn't until rereading I noticed

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 09 May 2015, 2:43 pm

I just assumed Anderson had heel turned and pinned himself

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 12 May 2015, 2:35 pm

There's more exposition this week. No Al Snow. But there is Bully Ray. It's live, but it's hard to tell that.

EC III vs Mr Anderson. What could have been an interesting match is spoilt early by interference. *

Galloway vs MVP. Good mic work, poor ring work. 2*

Kong & Kim vs The Dollshouse. I was quite interested in this from last week. Awesome Kong is fairly immobile, so to use her in a tag with Kim is good booking. I thought this was okay 2.5*

Young vs Angle. Last week I found it really surprising that TNA had their champion so decisively and cleanly beaten up. This was the best Impact match I've seen for months. 3.5*
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 19 May 2015, 9:48 am

I thought this weeks show was excellent. I think that this is the first show where we really started to see the Billy Corgan effect.

One of the things that he commented on during the recent press conference was peoples entrances. Well the Dollhouse came out to a slow Hole/ Courtney Love song that was different to say the least.

I am really impressed with Taryn although the Jade and Marti Bell are not great in the ring. The product seems to have gone edgier and moving back towards the attitude era with the knockouts. Taryn threatening to seduce Gails husband and then coming out in lingerie - she is the hottest female wrestler I can remember!

And then in the main event, the closing image was of a crazy Eric Young chocking out Kurt Angle with Chris Melendez's prosphetic leg! Eric Young has been brilliant in this crazy role.

Some people might think that its cheap angles but I really liked the way this show is heading.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 19 May 2015, 10:03 am

Somehow my DVR didn't record this week's show. I think it may have been recording Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell (and however bad people might think TNA is, it is 10 x better than this). So, I'll have to try to find a copy out there.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 19 May 2015, 11:56 am

It was a really good show from start to finish.

The only thing I disliked was the wrestling standard of the dollhouse match.

And I cant believe how bad Brookes character has become.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 19 May 2015, 12:14 pm

I had some thoughts on TNA but I felt they would make a good discussion point for the podcast so I left it there

Wasn't so much of a fan of this episode, the budget wargames was ok but outside of the tag bo5 match I wasn't really feeling any of the wrestling on the show, EC3 is god but everything he's doing ATM is counterbalanced by his fued with Mr Anderson who is possibly my least favourite performer in wrestling ATM, I swear he said b***h more times in that one promo than Jessie did in 5 series of Breaking Bad.

Generally I've been enjoying TNA recently but I can't say I thought this was one of the stronger shows.

I take it Robbie vs Jessie is everyone's early favourite for fued of the year?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 19 May 2015, 12:18 pm

I actually thought that Jessie did really well in that segment. He has improved immensely and looks like he has lost a little weight which has helped him.

I know what you mean about Anderson but I quite enjoyed the segment too. The tag match was very good, IMO.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 19 May 2015, 1:32 pm

I thought the Jessie / Robbie segment was hilarious to start with, but it was interesting to see Jessie go a bit EY at the end. Does this signal a darker character turn? Whatever, I'm glad they're doing something different with the Bromans as they were getting boring.

Loved the Dirty Heels / Wolves tag match...I'll watch those guys any time, but I think a 5-match series is dragging it out a bit longer than necessary.

Personally I don't know how anyone could not like Ken Anderson. Okay there's nothing exactly special or standout about him, image / gimmick wise, but he just has so much attitude...I think he's a brilliantly heelish babyface. Maybe overdid the b-word a tad, but I think it added a slightly comical effect.

On the other hand I'm finding Dollhouse to be utter garbage so far. As an image its fine, but I'd take them more serisouly if they had even vaguely believable personalities that weren't cut n' pasted from a teen drama. Same goes for Taryn's heel character...just horrible. At least she is stunning and a capable wrestler.

Is it only me that hates when writers turn female wrestlers into stereotypical shallow bitchy "look at me" types when they're heels? Just smacks of a total lack of imagination IMO.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 19 May 2015, 2:08 pm

I dont mind Taryn Tyrell but Marti and Jade are awful other than their look.

I like the intro as its different (reminds me a bit of Brays entrance music) and willing to see where it goes.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 19 May 2015, 3:55 pm

Personally I don't know how anyone could not like Ken Anderson. Okay there's nothing exactly special or standout about him, image / gimmick wise, but he just has so much attitude...I think he's a brilliantly heelish babyface. Maybe overdid the b-word a tad, but I think it added a slightly comical effect.

Because he's been doing literally the same thing for nearly a decade and has actually only got worse at it. He's overweight, not great in the ring and I think his mic-work is one-dimensional and annoying as hell.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 19 May 2015, 3:59 pm

Ken Anderson is everything that TNA will regret when it dies

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 19 May 2015, 3:59 pm

Crimey wrote:
Personally I don't know how anyone could not like Ken Anderson. Okay there's nothing exactly special or standout about him, image / gimmick wise, but he just has so much attitude...I think he's a brilliantly heelish babyface. Maybe overdid the b-word a tad, but I think it added a slightly comical effect.

Because he's been doing literally the same thing for nearly a decade and has actually only got worse at it. He's overweight, not great in the ring and I think his mic-work is one-dimensional and annoying as hell.

I dont think he is particularly overweight

I also think that the "same schtick" label is a little unfair too. I could reel off a load of wrestlers who are still doing the same schtick.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 19 May 2015, 4:03 pm

Adam D wrote:
Crimey wrote:

I dont think he is particularly overweight

I also think that the "same schtick" label is a little unfair too. I could reel off a load of wrestlers who are still doing the same schtick.

Yeah and a lot of those would be subject to the same criticism, or the schitck would be good enough that it doesn't matter that they're still doing the same thing. I think Anderson peaked in 2006 and the fact that he still has such a good position in TNA is ridiculous, within their roster they have several more talented people who I imagine demand less money. 

And to be fair he has definitely got in much better shape over the last year.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 19 May 2015, 4:12 pm

He is hardly a main eventer!

He is feuding with EC3 which he will lose.
Before that, he was feuding with Sam Shaw? Before that Bully Ray and that was after aces and eights when Bully was on his way down.

I think he is exactly where he should be - midcard jobber that has credibility. The Jericho of TNA if you like

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 19 May 2015, 4:33 pm

Adam D wrote:He is hardly a main eventer!

Before that, he was feuding with Sam Shaw? Before that Bully Ray and that was after aces and eights when Bully was on his way down.

I think he is exactly where he should be - midcard jobber that has credibility. The Jericho of TNA if you like

I honestly think that's way too high of a position for him. In my opinion he shouldn't even be hired, but if you're going to use him, he should be right down at the bottom of the card. He is given too much time for somebody of such limited talents.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 20 May 2015, 1:23 pm

Crimey wrote:
Adam D wrote:He is hardly a main eventer!

I honestly think that's way too high of a position for him. In my opinion he shouldn't even be hired, but if you're going to use him, he should be right down at the bottom of the card. He is given too much time for somebody of such limited talents.

Harsh! Did he spill your pint once or something?

He has a better moveset than some higher up the roster, one of the better finishers and can be extremely funny, or manic, depending on what he's required to be. At the moment he's somewhere in the middle, as well as being a mentor for Melendez.

Overall, I would agree he is far from being exceptional in any way, but I think he has something a lot of more talented wrestlers lack...personality (or at least enough to make him interesting). Okay he's not as good as EC3 on the mic (how many are?) but I'd put him in the same bracket as Bully Ray or James Storm - loud, brash and attention-grabbing, if not always the most eloquent.

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down