The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resurrection card in Birmingham tonight

+15
ZZ
Hands Of Stone
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
BoxingFan88
Happytravelling
Rodney
AlexHuckerby
rob-glos
Dipper Brown
neilodonnell
Derbymanc
catchweight
Soldier_Of_Fortune
quentins_monkey
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Resurrection card in Birmingham tonight - Page 3 Empty Resurrection card in Birmingham tonight

Post by quentins_monkey Sat 09 May 2015, 10:58 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi All,

My mate has managed to get me a free ticket for this tonight but I've got a DJ gig until 10pm (although it's only a 5 minute walk from the NIA). Does anyone know what time it finishes? Just seeing if it'll still be worth heading down to...

Smile

quentins_monkey

Back to top Go down

Resurrection card in Birmingham tonight - Page 3 Empty Re: Resurrection card in Birmingham tonight

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 09 May 2015, 11:51 pm

Didn't see a robbery...Had it 6-6....Figs with the point off..

Maybe you guys were rooting for Burns...and a shade blinkered..

Shafted Beltran so no sympathy for losing a close one...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Resurrection card in Birmingham tonight - Page 3 Empty Re: Resurrection card in Birmingham tonight

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 09 May 2015, 11:53 pm

Figueroa's American isn't he, which makes your bullcrap of being blinkered the most contradictory and pathetic comment i've seen from you for a while. Wouldn't expect anything less than you sticking up for a useless yank.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 09 May 2015, 11:56 pm

Judges agreed with me..

Go get a tissue..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sat 09 May 2015, 11:56 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Didn't see a robbery...Had it 6-6....Figs with the point off..

Two wrongs don't make a right. chin

Texas against a Texan says it all.

Burns would have beat him by more if the ref was on point splitting them up. 'Figs' is not worth Haymon investing in him i.e paying off refs

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 09 May 2015, 11:57 pm

You know the square root of sod all so i'm not that surprised.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mighty G Sat 09 May 2015, 11:59 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Didn't see a robbery...Had it 6-6....Figs with the point off..

Did you see the two (TWO!) points deducted as reasonable or do you agree that Burns was operating far better at range and could have done without a) being held and b) being held!
The Mighty G
The Mighty G

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 10 May 2015, 12:00 am

Well I called it right....

Of course you weren't biased.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun 10 May 2015, 12:01 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Well I called it right....

Says the yank Laugh

And the Scottish aren't in my good books.

Last edited by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Sun 10 May 2015, 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 10 May 2015, 12:01 am

You'll have to drop your 10-1-1 BS then as the judges are never wrong unless an American you like is on the receiving end. You know you're wrong when Rodders, Soldier, BF88 and I are all in agreement but we must be the biased ones not the non-stop pro American.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 10 May 2015, 12:01 am

I only took one point off.....Referee was a disgrace..

6-6.....with one point off...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 10 May 2015, 12:03 am

Funny how Americans are biased......

This overreaction hardly points to objectivity..

I scored it 6-6.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun 10 May 2015, 12:04 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Funny how Americans are biased......

This overreaction hardly points to objectivity..

I scored it 6-6.....

If YOUR scoring it 6-6 Laugh

Says it all.......

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 10 May 2015, 12:05 am

10-1-1 however does point to objectivity, strange how everyone on here called the Beltran decision a disgrace.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 10 May 2015, 12:09 am

Jmm lost two rounds max.

He's American is he ??

So If I don't score a fight like biased Brits....The toys go out..

Sorry but you aren't always right but you are always cheap..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 10 May 2015, 12:11 am

The fortunate thing is no one on here is stupid enough to overlook the reason why you scored that fight 10-1-1 but do continue.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mighty G Sun 10 May 2015, 12:11 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Well I called it right....

I think everybody "called it" as Burns getting soundly beaten. Are you suggesting that your view afterwards (which appears to be in the vast minority) of agreeing with his deserving an 8 or 9 round unanimous decision is 'calling it' ? I don't really get your point
The Mighty G
The Mighty G

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 10 May 2015, 12:16 am

I had Jones winning against McCrory....

Gave Graham a draw against Mccallum..

I had Leonard beating Hagler by 3 but I don't go abusing those that didn't...

6-6....Call it how I see it....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 10 May 2015, 12:18 am

The thing is you kind of do go about abusing anyone who doesn't agree with you so do drop the holier than thou BS, you're far too transparent to pull the wool over anyones eyes.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun 10 May 2015, 12:19 am

So obviously every Brit scores a fight bias.

Call fights how see them too. Hence why I had Kameda beating McDonnell.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 10 May 2015, 12:23 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:So obviously every Brit scores a fight bias.

Everyone should be happy more points on the weekly table..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 10 May 2015, 12:25 am

Sorry hammer thought there were more fights on that under card.....can't remember which one I was on about then....maybe the Fury vs Chisora one? That seemed to drag all night.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun 10 May 2015, 12:28 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:So obviously every Brit scores a fight bias.

Everyone should be happy more points on the weekly table..

Well with me makes no diff cos I had Kameda UD so out of one into another. Got had off with 2 points with Chudinov being a SD.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 10 May 2015, 12:33 am

We're the only two who called the Sturm fight right SoF but going for Kameda has screwed us both this week.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 10 May 2015, 12:38 am

I had McD by split.....

Shame.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun 10 May 2015, 12:40 am

Fedor is a lot better then his brother and Sturm is not a super middle IMO. He was just touting for a fight with Abraham and the risk didn't pay off. Did u see him against Soliman Laugh

Kameda should have got the nod aswell. Need Kirkland just to last the 12 now.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun 10 May 2015, 12:41 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I had McD by split.....

Shame.

Wouldn't surprise me you disagreeing with yourself.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun 10 May 2015, 2:09 am

Truss, I respect your views but thought burns won the fight, even with the reductions.

The score cards were an embarrassment.

Even the us commentary were open about how odd the refs decisions were.

Figueroa was poor

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Hands Of Stone Sun 10 May 2015, 3:29 am

Anyone up for Canelo

Hands Of Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 10 May 2015, 5:49 am

Watching the highlights... Seems Canelo basically discombobulated Kirkland. Interesting to see what he does next. Interesting to hear Ozzie Fishnets say he'll fight GGG "when the time is right". Can't help but think he's doing the two things which annoy me most about boxing today.

- Letting what could well be a mega fight between two fighters who have a corner on the Mexican market in the bigger divisions "percolate".

- Letting a real threat wane a bit before taking him on.

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 10 May 2015, 8:11 am

Just saw Canelo Kirkland. Haven't always rated Saul that highly but he absolutely chopped Kirkland down. Reminiscent of Hearns Duran.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 10 May 2015, 1:20 pm

That is a knock out that will make your bollix tingle.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 10 May 2015, 1:57 pm

Just saw the IFL interview with Kingpin. It's a bit pantomime and Apollo Creed-esque but a decent watch. He's talking the talk like he's coming to beat AJ. That will be something new. Whether or not he comes to fight or survive will have to wait and be seen.

Also think the nastiness might bring something else out in Joshua. I've said on here I'm a bit tired of the 'stay humble' persona he's putting out. He let his guard slip a bit in the post fight interview, intimating Kingpin had got to him a little. Nice to see.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 10 May 2015, 9:33 pm

Isn't called the safety pin for nothing

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 11 May 2015, 9:25 am

Really liked what I saw from Burns.

Although it'll be little consolation to him, in some ways the actual result of the Burns fight is less significant than the quality of the shift he put in. Got to hold my hands up as I, like a lot of others, had him down as a bit of a sacrificial lamb for this one. Definitely one of those cases where I'm happy that I've been proved wrong.

After the deductions (and although it wasn't the greatest refereeing performance by any means, Burns ultimately did land a lot of rabbit punches and pull down on the back of Figueroa's head quite a bit) I still had Burns ahead 114-113. Although the deductions made it close on my card, I still feel that Burns was pretty unlucky not to get at least a draw as I generally felt that most of the rounds where relatively straight-forward to score, aside from the fifth (I think it was the fifth, anyway) which I had 10-10.

I guess I'm not so much piddled off with Figueroa getting the win, more just the margins of it. Corruption (at worst) and / or home town bias (at best) is alive and well. 117-109 and 116-110 x 2? Absolute joke.

As I said though, what's just as important as the decision is that this fight hinted that Burns might just have recovered from that apparent loss of form and confidence, and can maybe continue that recovery if he doesn't get too disheartened about the verdict. For the first time since the Mitchell fight he looked like he had a bit of nasty streak in him and like he was really willing to stand and exchange with big-time punches when he had to. He worked a really good jab and a cracking left hook to the body throughout the fight. The sheer size and force of Figueroa was a problem for him (I imagine he was handily outweighed on fight night) and he just didn't have the power to really deter him enough to make it clear-cut. On that basis and the fact that I still think he looks a little blown up at 140, I think Burns should return to Lightweight if there's any way he can.

If that performance isn't one last hurrah and is the basis of something good then he could still have a future at the higher levels at 135 and interesting domestic match ups with the likes of Campbell, Matthews or a Mitchell rematch could be there. Who knows, there might even be a world title of some kind on the line. Anyway, I thought Burns put in an excellent performance and if that's anything to go by he's not quite done yet. Hopefully he can carry that in to his next fight.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 12 May 2015, 3:55 am

If Mitchell beats Linares which is hard but doable then you can bet your arse Burns can suddenly make 135 to have a big domestic rematch.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 12 May 2015, 7:32 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:If Mitchell beats Linares which is hard but doable then you can bet your arse Burns can suddenly make 135 to have a big domestic rematch.

Mitchell really needs to take the fight to Linares from the bell. Linares has been caught cold a few times and thats the only way I can see Mitchell winning. Seen clips of Linares sparring recently and he looks in good form.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3