The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intercontinental Championship Elimination Chamber Match

+7
Crimey
Samo
Prometheus
Adam D
Hero
Dr Gregory House MD
VDT
11 posters

Go down

Who do you think will win?

Intercontinental Championship Elimination Chamber Match Vote_lcap22%Intercontinental Championship Elimination Chamber Match Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 5 ]
Intercontinental Championship Elimination Chamber Match Vote_lcap13%Intercontinental Championship Elimination Chamber Match Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
Intercontinental Championship Elimination Chamber Match Vote_lcap9%Intercontinental Championship Elimination Chamber Match Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
Intercontinental Championship Elimination Chamber Match Vote_lcap17%Intercontinental Championship Elimination Chamber Match Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]
Intercontinental Championship Elimination Chamber Match Vote_lcap39%Intercontinental Championship Elimination Chamber Match Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 9 ]
Intercontinental Championship Elimination Chamber Match Vote_lcap0%Intercontinental Championship Elimination Chamber Match Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

Intercontinental Championship Elimination Chamber Match Empty Intercontinental Championship Elimination Chamber Match

Post by VDT Tue 19 May 2015, 11:41 am

The next Intercontinental Champion will be crowned on May 31, when six Superstars — Sheamus, Ryback, King Barrett, Rusev, R-Truth and Dolph Ziggler — vie for the vacant title inside the career-altering Elimination Chamber.

Who do you think will win?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Intercontinental Championship Elimination Chamber Match Empty Re: Intercontinental Championship Elimination Chamber Match

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 19 May 2015, 11:52 am

I was almost certain it'd be Sheamus before the participants were announced but the introduction of Rusev is a real wildcard, losing 3 in a row to Cena is one thing but he's really going to be dragged back down among the mere mortals if he isn't protected here.

I'll stick with Sheamus here though

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Intercontinental Championship Elimination Chamber Match Empty Re: Intercontinental Championship Elimination Chamber Match

Post by Hero Tue 19 May 2015, 12:04 pm

I called Rusev being the next Intercontinental Champion before RAW yesterday and I'm sticking by it.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 19 May 2015, 12:06 pm

Hero wrote:I called Rusev being the next Intercontinental Champion before RAW yesterday and I'm sticking by it.

You do that, handsome.

I am going for Ziggler. Way over with the crowd and will get the run that DBry was about to.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 19 May 2015, 12:08 pm

I suggested after Payback that Rusev could be rehabilitated by him winning this, or at least having a really strong outing.

Personally, I think the avenues WWE can explore become much greater if he wins this. For example, I'm not interested in it, but I think a match at Summerslam with both the US Title and IC Title on the line between Rusev and Cena could be interesting. And if Rusev goes over Cena there, you've got a major heel who can work while Lesnar is off screen (and I still fancy a Lesnar / Rusev match too).

I think WWE will go Sheamus, because that is what WWE do. But I'm hoping that they saw the tremendous work that Rusev did in a bad match against Cena and reward him.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 19 May 2015, 12:18 pm

Despite losing to Cena three matches in a row, Rusev has still only been pinned once, any pinfall against him in the chamber will be a huge deal.

If he doesnt win it, expect him to be the last one eliminated, and it needs to be by a face. Theres more chance of Krispen Wah coming back and winning the IC title here than R-Truth, so that leaves Ryback and Ziggles. I think this could be Rybacks time.

Rusev is my No1 pick. Ryback second. Sheamus third.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 19 May 2015, 1:06 pm

I think if Rusev is eliminated, it will go down the route they've done before where everybody hits their finishers on him before he can be pinned. So whilst I think he's probably favourite for the match, I think next most likely outcome is he is first eliminated.

My problem with Rusev winning, is I feel we're not really going to have moved forward. He'll have lost Lana and will be Intercontinental Champion which is just a less interesting rehash of the angle they only finished a few months ago.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 19 May 2015, 1:21 pm

Crimey would you say that whoever pins Rusev should go on to win the title?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 19 May 2015, 2:49 pm

Crimey wrote:
My problem with Rusev winning, is I feel we're not really going to have moved forward. He'll have lost Lana and will be Intercontinental Champion which is just a less interesting rehash of the angle they only finished a few months ago.
Honestly, I think Rusev is dead in the water now of what he and Lana could have been, which is a major heel character in WWE. And I just don't get this idea of putting over the sexy lady when I can't help but think WWE could have an audition and find 10 of those in an afternoon, whereas they will find it much more difficult to find another athlete like Rusev who can wrestle.

Rusev has been pinned and lost a series of matches for a mid-card title. So, he's not the unstoppable foe he was going into Mania. He's also lost his voice, because Lana could work the mic so much better than he can. I can see the short term heat he's going to get by being bad to Lana, but that will have gone in a month.

I still cling to the idea that WWE can somehow re-habilitate him, because I've really bought into the character in the last 9 months to year and he's such a strong in-ring performer now. But the poor gimmick matches, the losing streak to Cena, getting pinned and then quitting, the change in dynamic between him and Lana, each one of those has been IMO a huge mis-step when WWE could have a monster heel who would be ready for the main event should Rollins get injured or WWE want to take the belt off him and move to a story away from the Shield.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 19 May 2015, 3:54 pm

Samo wrote:Crimey would you say that whoever pins Rusev should go on to win the title?

I'm not sure it'll even matter who pins him if he's been hit with all the finishers, nobody will remember the actual person who pinned him, or they might even do the thing they've done in the past where every single person pins them at the same time.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 26 May 2015, 10:58 am

I think this is the line-up (subject to change at Smackdown).

* Elimination Chamber WWE Intercontinental Title Match: King Barrett vs. R-Truth vs. Ryback vs. Rusev vs. Sheamus vs. Dolph Ziggler
This stinks so much of mid-card that I'm a bit ho hum. It just feels that with the Mania ladder match, the KotR tourney and this its the same faces each time in a different setting. There's a chance to promote one of these and make a star, let's hope WWE does that.

* Elimination Chamber WWE Tag Team Title Match: The New Day vs. The Prime Time Players vs. The Lucha Dragons vs. The Ascension vs. Cesaro and Tyson Kidd vs. Los Matadores
This could be a complete mess with so many men in the ring. Then again it could be awesome with some huge spots. Hoping it is the latter.

* WWE World Heavyweight Title Match: Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose
I'm sure this will be a well-wrestled match. But both wrestlers are booked to look so weak that it is hard to believe this is for the title.

* WWE Divas Title Match: Nikki Bella vs. Naomi vs. Paige
Don't care.

* John Cena vs. Kevin Owens
Not for the title. Indicates that Owens has a chance of going over. Personally I'd have made at least one of those Rusev matches non-title so he could have gone over. But looking forward to this.

* Neville vs. Bo Dallas
Not sure what Neville has done wrong to get a program with Bo Dallas, rather than R-Truth's place in the Elimination Chamber.

Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 26 May 2015, 3:33 pm

Prometheus wrote:* Neville vs. Bo Dallas
Not sure what Neville has done wrong to get a program with Bo Dallas, rather than R-Truth's place in the Elimination Chamber.

I suppose it's more so Neville can win a feud and be built up, rather than be one of five losers in the Chamber.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 26 May 2015, 4:26 pm

I dont mind Neville vs Dallas especially as they've kinda focused on their NXT history. Should be a good match as long as they're given time. Im still most excited for Owens vs Cena.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 26 May 2015, 5:38 pm

Oh, Promotheus, you've become such a nitpicking little thing. There was hope for you once, but its too late now.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 26 May 2015, 5:53 pm

Don't listen to him Prometheus!

Intercontinental Championship Elimination Chamber Match Downlo11

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 26 May 2015, 7:57 pm

You know I'm right Crimey Wink

R-Truth has zero votes in the poll to win. No one thinks he has the remotest chance. Neville would be fresh and he doesn't have to win to have a strong performance and make the match even better. And WWE don't want Neville in there, put a main eventer like Reigns in.

A feud with Dallas. Yeah he'll win, but I'm amazed if this is getting more than 6-7 mins.

I'll watch the PPV. I'll enjoy it (to whatever level). But I'll always want it to be better and more enjoyable, I'm greedy for my 9.99 like that.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 26 May 2015, 9:46 pm

Neville vs Dallas is a good feud. Works well for both of them, and for me this is the time to get Neville vs Dallas done. They should be smart and reference NXT with these new stars, but I think Neville needs to go through someone like Dallas a lot earlier, because if he''s got real momentum then Dallas is a bit of an anchor.

Equally, you can't put a main event man in there. He would HAVE to win. Personally, would have put Stardust or Kane in there over Truth, with Kane sent in by HHH to capture another belt for them. Easy way of adding to the downfall of Kane storyline without tarting him about in the main event scene. Sandow also could have been a good shout playing the nearly man role.

Wyatt and Neville have both been left out because they are not set to be the champion so are thus protected. I wouldn't be surprised if Wyatt had some involvement somewhere that night though.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 26 May 2015, 11:08 pm

It's easy to not have a main eventer win a multi-man match. Have him taken out by 2 or 3 others, fights hard but the odds are overwhelming, gets everyone over and adds a future feud or two.

Stardust and Sandow are lower down the pecking order than R-Truth, and Kane's a bit old to do the spots that R-Truth must be in there. Harper would work. I think you may be right about Bray, but could we see more than one of the family?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 26 May 2015, 11:32 pm

I think it would be a degradation of any main eventer to be hotshot into the IC picture and then to lose.

I don't think R Truth is above either in the pecking order, nor in the popularity stakes. I adore Truth, I really do, hes pretty decent at everything and gives everything personality and effort, but his days of impact are really over. Sandow at the very least is popular, and they could definitely do similar to Santino's Chamber appearance which defied all logic in working brilliantly.

Would make sense for them to ruin the tag match and give New Day another sneaky win, but then again who would they be after?

I really want Wyatt to bring back the family and finally target more. They have perfect victims in Stardust, Truth, Axel and Sandow; all whom have shown what you could say are mental deficiencies in the past.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 27 May 2015, 11:21 am

I think Truth is fine in this kind of match. You need to remember the guys in his 40's, so he's still in great shape and can still deliver in the ring - something you cant really say about Kane. He's there so he can do a few spots before taking a pin from someone.

Sandows days are done. They had their chance to move him on as his own character but two weeks after dumping the Mizdow gimmick hes onto Macho Mandow. Its a shame for him but barring a Daniel Bryan-esque crowd rebellion he's not moving any further up the card.

I think if New Day win they'll start working with the Lucha Dragons. And thats only because they are the only face team left that are over with the crowd. Kidd and Cesaro could work with anyone, but we've seen over the years that the WWE is incapable of booking a tag team fued that doesnt involve the titles. Could set them up against Harper and Rowan, some huge potential for awesome matches there.

Wyatt needs to do something big and do it quick before he loses the crowd. His popularity got him to this spot but now its up to the booking to get him to the next level. As much as I would like a family reunion with H&R I dont see it happening as WWE rarely like to admit they made a mistake. I would welcome a new family though, Cody Rhodes (not Frak Stardust) could work but it would take some hella good writing.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 27 May 2015, 4:20 pm

I want Ryback to win but it will be Sheamus I think.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Thu 28 May 2015, 6:50 am

Smackdown Spoiler:

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down