The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NORTHAMPTON SAINTS - banfan-aka-hon

+8
GloucesterBear
prop_lyd
Sgt_Pooly
Fluxy
pullthestrings
Driver
Bathite
BANAFAN-AKA-HON
12 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

NORTHAMPTON SAINTS - banfan-aka-hon - Page 5 Empty NORTHAMPTON SAINTS - banfan-aka-hon

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Tue 31 May 2011, 10:24 am

First topic message reminder :

WELCOME TO SAINTS

LINKS
Main Site: https://www.606v2.com/f116-euro-rugby-league-season-4
Last Years Foreign Transfers: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A73938955

SQUAD (25/32)

HOOKERS
Dylan Hartley HK - not for sale
Dimitri Swarzeski HK - not for sale
Aled de Malmanche HK/LH/TH

PROPS
Soane Tonga’uhia 1LH/3TH - injured returns week 16
Brian Mujati 3TH - injured returns week 17
Jannie Du Plessis 3TH
Duncan Jones 1LH/3T

SECOND ROW (LK)
Paul O'Connell LK
Donncha O'Callaghan LK
Ryan Jones LK/N8/FL

BACK ROW
James Haskell N8/FL
Willem Alberts N8/FL
Johnnie Beattie N8/FL
Nick Easter N8/FL6

SCRUM HALF
Mike Phillips SH
Luke Burgess SH

FLY HALF
Colin Slade FH/FB/WG/CN
Damien Traille FB/FH/CN - injured returns week 18

CENTRE
Felipe Contepomi FH/CN
Mathieu Bastareaud CN
Mike Tindall CN

BACK THREE
Chris Ashton WG
Matt Banahan CN/WG - injured returns week 15
Bryan Habana WG (on loan to stade - return week 16)
David Strettle CN/WG
Topsy Ojo WG (on loan returns to Stade week 16)

Strongest line up:

tbc

INJURIES
Matt Banahan returns week 14
Soane Tonga'uhia returns week 15
Brian Mujati returns week 16
Damien Traille returns week 17

BUDGET
£15m

Starting budget May 2011: £10.5 mil
New manager bins: £10 mil
Predo Bonus: £12 mil
Monthly Bonus: 10 mil
Pulls extra bonus: 10 mil
Players sold: £74.5 mil
Players Bought: £111 mil

TRANSFERS IN
Duncan Jones transfer £9 mil
Johnnie Beattie from Highlanders
Chris Ashton from Highlanders
Mike Tindall for £20 mil
James Haskell (& £ mil) from Toulon
Dimitri Swarzeski from Touon
Nick Easter for £23 mil
LEigh Halfpenny (& £3 Mil) from Saracens
Donnacha O'Callaghan £22 mil
Mike Phillips (& 9mil) from Clermont
Jannie Du Plessie (& £18mil) from Bath
Nick Abendanon - from Bath
Butch James - from Bath
Aled de Malmanche - £18 mil
Francois Louw - £20 mil
Andrew Hore - £20 mil
Felipe Contempomi from Clermont
Mathieu Bastareaud from Bath
Matt Banahan from Bath
Jerome Thion from Bath
Willem Alberts from Saracens
Gavin Heson from Saracens
Andries Bekker from Saracens
David Strettle from saracens

TRANSFERS OUT
Nick Abendanon to Worcester
Imanol Harinordoquy to highlanders
Leigh Halfpenny to highlanders
Andrew Hore to Toulon
Francois Louw to Toulon
Andries Bekker to Saracens
Butch James to Clermont
Lee Dickson to Clermont
Owen Franks - to Bath
Stephen Myler - to Bath
Phil Dowson - to Bath
Sam warbutrton to Clermont
Ben Foden to Bath
James Gaskell to Bath
Shontayne Hape to Bath
Rocky Elsom to Saracens
Leigh Halfpenny to Saracens
Brad Barritt to Saracens
Jerome Thion to Saracens
Gonzalo Canale to releases
Christian Day to releases
Billy Twelvetrees to releases

Last edited by BANAFAN-AKA-HON on Tue 28 Jun 2011, 10:27 am; edited 31 times in total

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

NORTHAMPTON SAINTS - banfan-aka-hon - Page 5 Empty Re: NORTHAMPTON SAINTS - banfan-aka-hon

Post by Bathite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:18 am

Can you not see anything like this?

Bekker + Abendanon + 8m
AWJ + Halfpenny
?

Feel free to look back to page 15 for the ratings

Bekker ~ 13th
AWJ ~ 23rd
Halfpenny ~ 12th
Strettle ~ no where to be seen and the 4th english wing and in cracking form
Abendanon ~ even lower then that

If abendanon was top 25, the deal would be even, but seeming as he is noway near, i need the 8m to balance it out. Bendy will be deemed a weakness, but you have truckloads of cash anways!

You don't need such great back up with POC/DOC, so a loss on a substitute for a huge gain on a starter. Halfpenny can play FB as well, well rated and a goalkicker. In fact the more I think about the deal, the better i think it is for you, so won't go too high for it. I just miss Bekker!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

NORTHAMPTON SAINTS - banfan-aka-hon - Page 5 Empty Re: NORTHAMPTON SAINTS - banfan-aka-hon

Post by Bathite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:30 am

What you said about strettle and bendy may be right, but doesn't hold ANY merit on this game. Ratings are the ONLY bit of info that count, hence why we do top 10s!

Feel free to ask what people think of strettle and bendy, but be warned, it wont be nice!

I based my deals on the ratings, which are fact, not opinion, which is what your doing. Your opinion wont win you games, its the others rating of your team, which i have relayed to you FYI.

Sorry to be harsh mate, but you have to put aside your views on players and bow to everyone else's opinion. Its hard, but thats what I did, there are players i bought i don't like, but others rate and there are players i didn't want to sell like McAllister and Britz, but had to as not everyone rated them.

Also, the deal improves starting lineup and only affects back up. Thats a good deal and a good way to do business, ask Inthefastlane, thats what he always talks about and his team is 2nd, so not a bad theory!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:45 am

ok, well why don't you ask about Strettle and Bendy on the main page? that will disprove/prove my point once and for all? Probably the fairest way to progress, don't you think?

I have already asked, way back, as i obviously had strettle and was considering buying bendy, as a bath fan, i know how good he is in real life!

Sorry to cause personal offence, but even Banahan wont be rated, Halfpenny better then him!

Obviously i am trying to improve my team, but at the same team, im doing you a favour, making you realise the ratings on here, its not like real life unfortunately!
Once you get some opinion, i think you will believe me!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:47 am

always looking to improve mate! backs don't need work, so its the forwards! bekker would help and is reasonably acheivable, as isn't a starter, hence the move

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:56 am

Have started a chat on main page!

I get your point, but I want Boric as a third lock, as i look to build depth (like you have done in the front three!)

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:42 pm

"If the others want to rate players differntly then cool - but I am happy dong it my way mate Smile"

I don't really understand that mindset, its bewildering! This is a league game, about winning games. You win games if the others think you have a good team, if they don't like your players, you don't win games. Simple as that!

Bekker & Bendy
for
Halpenny & Kahui

Can't do that, as positionally leaves me stuck.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:51 pm

ok, this is far too much like hard work, going to look at other deals people have proposed.

hope you take on my advice and the comments on the main page, for the sake of your team, especially now that foden has gone

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Tue 07 Jun 2011, 2:32 pm

Poitrenaud + AAC + Pape + Pierre/Williams
for
Traille + Bast + DOC + POC?

OK

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Tue 07 Jun 2011, 2:47 pm

Slade & Hartley & Bekker
Lambie & Mealamu & Jack

2nd deal
Traille & Burgess & Alberts
Donald & Kelleher & G.Smith

Thanks
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Tue 07 Jun 2011, 2:52 pm

Anything for Slade or Traille involving Lambie or Donald going your way?
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Tue 07 Jun 2011, 7:13 pm

Slade & Alberts & Strettle & Hartley/Hore
Donald/Lambie & Haskell & Evans & Mealamu

Thanks
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 7:15 pm

Ok, Jones been playing there quite a lot recently.

I thought that i was trying to give you a top back in the previous deals!? Kahui/Halfpenny are in that bracket and AWJ/Thion gives decent back up. non?

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 7:37 pm

Bathite wrote:Can you not see anything like this?

Bekker + Abendanon + 8m
AWJ + Halfpenny
?

Feel free to look back to page 15 for the ratings

Bekker ~ 13th
AWJ ~ 23rd
Halfpenny ~ 12th
Strettle ~ no where to be seen and the 4th english wing and in cracking form
Abendanon ~ even lower then that

If abendanon was top 25, the deal would be even, but seeming as he is noway near, i need the 8m to balance it out. Bendy will be deemed a weakness, but you have truckloads of cash anways!

You don't need such great back up with POC/DOC, so a loss on a substitute for a huge gain on a starter. Halfpenny can play FB as well, well rated and a goalkicker. In fact the more I think about the deal, the better i think it is for you, so won't go too high for it. I just miss Bekker!

11am today, i proposed this! AWJ still rated better then Thion, at least he was on the top 25s, where Thion wasn't. Would strangely prefer to keep Thion, although rated lower, i get a frenchie combo if bekker gets injured

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 7:44 pm

all the french locks except nallet not rated on here, think its because they are all rotated so much and no stand out partners for the big man.

just because we went through it this morning, doesn't mean we can't try again, especially if your looking at back row, with jones at lock.

no thoughts on my idea? could lower the cash a bit, but still think its fair to get a bit back if i take on bendy/strettle, the ratings today showed how poorly they are thought of!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 7:49 pm

Feel like you have two personalities today mate! Off and on and off and on!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 7:53 pm

Ha! thanks for the compliments, but not everyone agrees sadly! Everyone did agree your backs need work though! Wink cough halfpenny cough

who is your starting hooker? might try to include a larger deal that helps both out, seeming as you have three hooks

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:17 pm

Slade & Alberts & Strettle & Hartley/Hore
Donald/Lambie & Haskell & Evans & Mealamu

Sad damn, I thought it was pretty good aswell, you will get an improvement in the backs, a better hooker plus Haskell is showing some good form for England.

Still no, really need a new fly-half.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:35 pm

Starting to doubt your credentials as a bath fan mate! Since when has bendy:

a) been a centre
b) been a kicker

???

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:35 pm

Don't really get that yes you lose Slade, but you are getting a fly-half back in Donald or Lambie, Lambie the better next in line after Steyn for South Africa one of the leading points scorers in Super 15 this season and is also a very good full-back.You don't have to get rid of Hore I did put Hartley aswell you know.

Slade & Alberts & Strettle & Hartley
Lambie & Haskell & Evans & Mealamu

Without the dashes that looks more promising.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:27 pm

if he was shocking, why put him as a kicker in your team? NORTHAMPTON SAINTS - banfan-aka-hon - Page 5 56390

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:34 pm

I really need just 1 deal from somewhere.

Slade or Contepomi anything for them or Traille for Donald + something.

Make something I have been trying hard to get a fly-half or centre in but haven't prevailed yet.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:47 pm

Mealamu + Haskell + Tuilagi
for
Hartley + Louw + Strettle

Nope that looks pretty boring and no gains for me. Like I said Slade, Contepomi or Traille if possible please.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:05 pm

You need to buy mate, do you want the leading try scorer in the Magners in Visser, leading try scorer in AP in Tuilagi or a rated Evans who can play centre and wing?
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:12 pm

Mealamu + Haskell + Tuilagi + cash/player
for
Hartley + Louw + Strettle + Traille

Changed Louw to Alberts and I put Donald for Traille?
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:25 pm

Well Haskell for Louw isn't really a gain to either of us is it. That's why Alberts would be better.

Your getting a better hooker, Tuilagi is better than Strettle and Donald for Traille is fair enough.

Up to you though.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:38 pm

I think it's a bit of a dull offer there isn't many gains in there at all, maybe just one Mealamu over Hartley but that's just slightly.

Hartley & Bekker & Strettle & Traille
Mealamu & Jack & Tuilagi & Donald

Two gains each, or even two gains for you, one for me and one equals don't know which way you see that.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Wed 08 Jun 2011, 11:51 am

Bored are we lol, I have just got in myself thinking there would be loads of posts but I only see two.

Hartley & Louw & Strettle & Traille
Mealamu & Haskell & Tuilagi & Donald

Like I said there are hardly any gains in that one, you should warm to it automatically but for me it's missing something. You need to change Louw 4 Haskell to Alberts 4 Haskell or something entirely different, like.

Bekker 4 Jack
Mujati 4 WP Nel
Alberts 4 Haskell

I think I lose out too much or don't gain anywhere, I gain at 12 in Traille, but lose out at hooker, Louw 4 Haskell isn't good enough and Tuilagi is better than Strettle but Strettle wouldn't start anyway.

Sorry Hon, but deep down you probably can see my point, one of the aboves need adding.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:05 pm

Not losing Haskell for Louw, it has to be Haskell for Alberts or maybe Louw for Smith or nothing.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:10 pm

I also did say Smith 4 Louw?
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:37 pm

Jack is old but he has done very well for Crusaders this season, age is nothing banafan-aka-hon.

Mealamu is 37 and still starts for New Zealand, Roncero and Scelzo 34-35 and still play for Argentina, Nathan Sharpe and Van Humphries are in there mid 30's and Van Humphries has only been picked for Australia recently.

While Jack is on form and has hundreds of caps for All Blacks, I think it's better than offering me Louw for Haskell because nothing really applies to that, aswell as Strettle 4 Tuilagi and even Hartley 4 Mealamu with Mealamu just that bit better.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:38 pm

So it looks like Bekker is going Sad After all my efforts!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:40 pm

Don't push his thoughts bathite, it's a better deal for both of us.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:43 pm

Not influencing the deal, in fact i don't even know what it is, other than something with haskell smith louw bekker jack by looking at your comments!

Just would be really sad, as me and hon spent the last two days negotiating and got nowhere! I miss Bekker, shouldnt have sold him!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:46 pm

Alright just lets keep quiet.

Bekker is on banafan-aka-hon's bench so I thought I might aswell pick him up if possible.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:47 pm

What for Bekker? OK

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:47 pm

GloucesterBear wrote:Alright just lets keep quiet.

Bekker is on banafan-aka-hon's bench so I thought I might aswell pick him up if possible.

That was my thought on my previous moves! I can't be silenced!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:47 pm

HAHA! Luke involved now!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:49 pm

and oh obviously, im still keen on him hon. I don't feel guilty about that either, as i was negotiating way before toulon and now stade.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:51 pm

ok ok ok people Bekker bids are open if you want to put in . . .

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:56 pm

Reckon this is a cracking offer!

Bekker + Bendy
Thion + Halfpenny

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:58 pm

Can't do Boric if taking on Bendy, would only release him for the cash anyways as soon as i got him.

Unless you want to offer some cash instead of losing bendy, i know you like him

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:59 pm

Williams + Delon
for
Bekker + Traille?

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 08 Jun 2011, 1:01 pm

off for a meeting for an hour, don't sell him until i get back! give me a chance to match other offers.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Wed 08 Jun 2011, 1:03 pm

I like I said I see no stand out's.

You need to change something and Bekker 4 Jack is good.

I was getting mixed up with Ledesma's age he is 37 or 38 and still playing.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Wed 08 Jun 2011, 1:18 pm

Reason Bekker is on the fringes is because he plays for South Africa, New Zealand locks are too good for Jack to get anywhere near the line up or bench.

Jack is still good though even at late 30's.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 08 Jun 2011, 1:51 pm

Would be looking at £17m cash for Halfpenny I reckon, cost me £22m new and no one near his quality available.

Failing that, could do

Bekker + £3m
Halfpenny

I dont lose a lock, you get a back and dont lose bendy.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 08 Jun 2011, 1:57 pm

Ok, how about drop the cash then? Just straight swap

What about the other deal as well?

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 08 Jun 2011, 2:23 pm

bekker & traille
for
Half penny & Kahui

---

Personally i would prefer halfpenny to traille at FB, more of a natural back three player with good kicking game and pace and counter attacking ability

If i got traille, would only be cover anyways, not his biggest fan, but thats the hit i take for getting bekker i guess.

I'd probably consider that if you were keen?

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 08 Jun 2011, 2:51 pm

well if your not sure and im not sure, there is no rush/pressure.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Wed 08 Jun 2011, 2:55 pm

Hartley & Slade
Mealamu & Lambie

2 players, 1 gain each too many players makes it hard to deal and more complicated.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next