The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Khan deserve to LOSE this sat.

+10
DuransHorse
Valero's Conscience
milkyboy
Herman Jaeger
AdamT
TRUSSMAN66
Hammersmith harrier
Rowley
Derbymanc
ONETWOFOREVER
14 posters

Go down

Does Khan deserve to LOSE this sat. Empty Does Khan deserve to LOSE this sat.

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue May 26, 2015 9:06 pm

I don't know how many times in total Khan has mentioned the name Floyd Mayweather in discussion with media, interviews, family, friends his pet turtle I don't know exactly but the number is a big one. For 2 solid years now Khan has been on a 1 man crusade to verbally force Mayweather in the ring with him and I don't know if this has been manufactured by GB or the woeful ''Team Khan'' but it may backfire this weekend.

I won't mention all of Khans statements or attempts but his latest gem is this

''Floyd wants me to look bad against Algieri so he can have an excuse not to fight me''

Khan has dismissed Algieri on a couple of occasions in the build up of this one. Throughout he has made this fight (his fight) about FMJ, second he lied when he said he would drop Algieri altogether if he could make a fight with Broner more bulls*** and now he is saying the above.

Clearly khan has an unprofessional attitude in this stage of his career and is walking into this fight backwads. If any fighter is in need of a reality check its Khan and it could happen this sat.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Does Khan deserve to LOSE this sat. Empty Re: Does Khan deserve to LOSE this sat.

Post by Derbymanc Tue May 26, 2015 9:15 pm

I'm not really sure how trying to force a fight with the biggest fighter of this generation is having an unprofessional attitude.

Hope he doesn't lose and hope he does it in style. Don't agree with the choice of opponent but until the no.1 retires none of the potential opponents are going to face top class oppo's with the chance of a loss meaning a chance at the pot of gold disappears.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Does Khan deserve to LOSE this sat. Empty Re: Does Khan deserve to LOSE this sat.

Post by Rowley Tue May 26, 2015 9:21 pm

Got to be honest I am with you onetwo. I am absolutely sick of seeing and hearing Khan want to fight the best in the world. It makes me want to vomit.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue May 26, 2015 9:28 pm

Might validate your statement a bit more if you got the day right unless he's got a game of tiddlywinks set for Saturday?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue May 26, 2015 9:41 pm

Algieri has got enough money out of his talent......

Time for him to find something he's good at !!

Khan late in stinker

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue May 26, 2015 10:13 pm

I would like to Khan vs Pacquiao, if he can't land Floyd.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue May 26, 2015 10:23 pm

Couldn't cut it at the very top of the light welterweight division, suffers heavy ko off Garcia, Rios and Matthysse both stop him. Moves up to welterweight but yet to face a top five welterweight.

I think he's in with a very good chance of landing Floyd next.

Floyd knows it's good money for an easy night's work. Haymon knows it's game over the moment Khan steps in the ring with a top five welt. Khan has to face a top fiver after Algieri so it's now or never.

Sorry but these are just the facts.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue May 26, 2015 10:24 pm

They sound like Rafa Benitez facts to me, also known as an opinion.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue May 26, 2015 10:29 pm

Oh and Floydy needs an easy opponent before Manny rematch.

Step forward Mr Amir Khan.

Does he deserve it?

Hell no. His best work was all at light welter, where he was brutally stopped.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed May 27, 2015 11:03 am

Good point hermy. Floyd should fight Guerrero again, or khan victim maidana for a third time.

Irrespective of whether he deserves it or not, khan provides an interesting stylistic challenge for floyd. Given he isn't going to fight golovkin, it's the most intriguing fight out there for floyd.

Don't worry though, I'm going with Cotto 2 for the middleweight crown but at catchweight.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 11:53 am

So if Khan loses are we expected to accept Algieri as Floyd's next opponent?

Thought not, shut the f*ck up, ONETWO. Khan's as viable an opponent for Floyd as any other WW out there and he couldn't be much poorer than Manny was

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed May 27, 2015 12:37 pm

Khan vs Floyd is an intersting clash of styles.

I would like to see Floyd vs Thurman but that fight will never happen, so I guess I wouldn't mind seeing him box Khan.

I think it would be a close fight and might even be enjoyable.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed May 27, 2015 1:08 pm

He doesn't deserve to lose but not bothered if he does.

Has great talent but I find a very annoying individual!

Always thought he would do better against Floyd than Manny but still lose.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Wed May 27, 2015 1:12 pm

Khan annoys the hell out of me with his Floyd "kiss chase" routine. Do I want him to lose though? No.

Bottom line is Floyd v Khan is massive for us Brits. In many ways it's more meaningful than Floyd v Manny on these shores so I don't want a meaningless fight against a guy like Algieri scuppering that.

I've learnt not to even remotely suggest Floyd could lose until he gets to bus pass age, in fact I think Floyds timing will enable him to catch Khan clean and get his first KO in years... But I'd still watch with eager excitement.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Every fighter from light welter to light middle and Golovkin at middle want to fight Mayweather. The number one in the sport and the man that brings in the most money. There would be a problem with Khan if he DIDN'T want to fight Mayweather.

Khan seems to get a lot more rubbish thrown at him for wanting to fight the best than other fighters that don't.
He's one of our own.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 1:27 pm

You forget ONETWO is a racist

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Wed May 27, 2015 1:34 pm

I imagine him to be like Tim Roth's character in Made in Britain. No offence.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 1:47 pm

No he's a proud black man but still a racist although he doesn't think he can be racist because he's black. He forgets racism is due to fear, ignorance and stupidity...so he's got all the necessary attributes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Wed May 27, 2015 2:43 pm

I think it would be funny if he did lose. I don't blame him for wanting to fight the best (and best paying).

He just shows a lack of respect for other fighters - ie Brook, Algieri. Whilst forgetting how he's been knocked out by Garcia (I won't mention Peterson) and had numerous other struggles.

I know boxers need to be confident but there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance. At least with the likes of Mayweather they have the record to back up their arrogance. Khan has a good record, some good wins, some bad losses.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed May 27, 2015 3:33 pm

This is one fight i would not bother to stay up for, in fact i doubt if i will even bother to watch it at all. One of the least mouthwatering bouts of recent times i can remember at the supposed top level. Dont blame Khan though if he can get himself a backdoor shot at Floyd without taking the risk of fighting any real top welterweights who can punch and would probably knock him bandy then why would he risk a huge payday before he packs it in.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Wed May 27, 2015 3:40 pm

Mayweather is a free shot for Khan too...lose that and it doesn't really make a difference. He can go and fight Brook or whoever with reputation intact.

It just bothers me that he's slagging Brook etc off for not being on his level, whilst trying to manipulate a fight with Mayweather by not beating anyone of note himself.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 3:42 pm

Guest82 wrote:Mayweather is a free shot for Khan too...lose that and it doesn't really make a difference. He can go and fight Brook or whoever with reputation intact.  

It just bothers me that he's slagging Brook etc off for not being on his level, whilst trying to manipulate a fight with Mayweather by not beating anyone of note himself.
Like your mum and dad told you, "Do as I say, not as I do"

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Thu May 28, 2015 10:44 pm

I want Khan to win on Saturday and win well.I'm not sure if it would lead to a fight with Mayweather though,remember that poll where the majority wanted knan to be Mayweather's next opponent and he picked who he wanted to fight? Anyway get behind the Bolton boy.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu May 28, 2015 10:52 pm

Have a feeling Garcia might be next for Khan.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu May 28, 2015 10:58 pm

Hope Khan wins on Saturday. Quite enjoy his fights. The uncertainty.

Khan and Garcia may be in cahoots.

Danny moves up to avoid Lucas rematch, Khan gets to avoid a top five welt. Both come out smelling of roses.

Danny should fight Lucas next. Khan should fight a top five welt. That's what should happen anyway if boxing wasn't a con. Then they can do what they want.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down