The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Gutted Is Groves?

+16
milkyboy
tunes666
catchweight
AdamT
ONETWOFOREVER
ShahenshahG
hogey
Guest82
Nico the gman
Hammersmith harrier
88Chris05
DuransHorse
John Bloody Wayne
RanjitPatel
TopHat24/7
22-2
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How Gutted Is Groves? - Page 2 Empty How Gutted Is Groves?

Post by 22-2 Wed 27 May 2015, 1:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

After James Degale's win on Saturday, how gutted is Groves going to be that James beat him to a world title?

Do you think Groves will beat Jack and will he still ask for the lion share of the money if/when they agree to fight next year?

Big fan of Degale since day one but especially since the Groves loss, I think he gained more than he lost even in defeat!

Cheers :-)

22-2

Back to top Go down

How Gutted Is Groves? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Gutted Is Groves?

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 29 May 2015, 9:14 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:If you ignore the facts then identical routes can be twisted to be different.

The 'fact' is that it was for the same title belt. I haven't ignored that, in fact I've specifically stated as such.

However fighting a world champ and arguable divisional #1 (in Ward's absence) is undeniably different to fighting a faded contender for a vacant strap. DeGale may be a titlist, but he's never beaten a champion.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 29 May 2015, 4:47 pm

You're only calling Dirrell faded to suit your argument, the facts are Groves and Degale were both mandatory challengers for Froch's IBF belt, that is the route they both took.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 29 May 2015, 4:52 pm

Ok Ok. Not fighting a champ is the same as fighting the champ. I get it. You win. Totally identical scenarios.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 29 May 2015, 9:33 pm

Imagine this card.

Fury v Joshua

Groves Degale

Frampton v Quigg

Froch v GGG

Would never happen in a million years but that would be huge for Wembley.

No harm in dreaming!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 30 May 2015, 1:19 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Unsurprising post for DeGold's number 1 fanboy.

Groves took on a significantly harder challenge and lost. DeGold took on the easier route and succeeded. Simple as that really.

lol Mr Irony, accused anyone who does not suck on Groves manhood as a fanboy! lol

Why was Groves challenge harder?, fighting a retirement leaning Froch in London?, compared to Degale going to the USA fighting a fighter Froch had a MD home win over that most had him losing?.. and beating him? ..

I look forward to the Degale Groves rematch Smile (If Groves wins his strap, which IS significantly easier than Degales fight)

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 30 May 2015, 1:30 am

I think people over look the fact that a, Degale was no less of a fighter than Groves when they fought, and even if he lost it was paper thin, which probably most had him winning it. and b, Degale through much of his development had issues with his promoter, twice, and two injuries to contend with, is it a coincidence that when he got over his injury and switched promoters he showed improvement?   I think Degale is a better fighter than Groves and can also take a punch better.  I also think Groves leaving Booth was a mistake. Rematch will be a good fight and close, but I see Degale doing a slightly better job than their last fight and taking a decision, and might even stop Groves.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 30 May 2015, 2:28 am

Drop this most garbage, you cannot and have never been able to prove or even suggest that most had Degale winning.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2