The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4

+19
Union Cane
Azzy
The Boss
rIck_dAgless
Mad for Chelsea
Stella
1GrumpyGolfer
Dolphin Ziggler
Hammersmith harrier
Galted
jbeadlesbigrighthand
compelling and rich
Hero
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
ShahenshahG
Adam D
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
23 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

WHAT IS THE GREATEST FILM TO HAVE INCLUDED THE ACADEMY AWARD WINNERS FOR EITHER BEST ACTOR OR ACTRESS?

Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 5 Vote_lcap2%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 5 Vote_lcap12%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 5 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 5 Vote_lcap7%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 5 Vote_lcap5%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 5 Vote_lcap2%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 5 Vote_lcap7%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 5 Vote_lcap20%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 8 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 5 Vote_lcap15%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 6 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 5 Vote_lcap12%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 5 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 41

Poll closed

Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 5 Empty Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 May 2015, 4:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Round 3 of the Culture Cup 2.0 draws to an end, and what an exciting round it wasn’t.  One can always tell when a thread is going badly when it resorts to puns to keep it going.  The big winner of round 3 was our resident champion and obvious culture vulture, Hero, who bagged another full house of points with The Colour Of Magic.  I’ve not read it so can’t comment on whether it’s any good, but the general consensus of the thread is that it’s not even Pratchett’s best work so perhaps a lucky win for Hero.  Paul scooped up another solid haul of 8 points with the BFG.  I have read that.  I liked it.  Preferred The Witches though.  Perhaps the biggest surprise was Sean picking up 8 points for Lord Of The Flies.  This is the guy who rates Independence Day in his top 3 films.  I don’t think he has read the book, but has almost certainly sh*gged numerous members of William Golding’s extended family.  Male and female.  Solid round for C&R, GrumpyG*lfer and, significantly, Jeff who has streaked away from his arch rival Gordon Strachan superfly with his Adrian Mole nomination.  There is a lesson here, Jeff.  Stop lying about how cultured you are with your usual pompous picks and chose stuff you actually have read/heard/watched.  Look how well your belated honesty has served you in this round.  A few non-scorers again with weeman, Ray Mears and Union Cane all failing to register a vote.  Jules had his 2.0 hymen smashed in by Voltaire and finally troubles the scorers.  Galted failed to muster a single vote (well, apart from the 2 cruel bastards who voted then snatched them away again) and remains on nil points.  The only upside for him is that he is underneath a massive pile of men.  Again.  Happy days, Galted, happy days.

The updated league looks like this:

1: Hero  26 pts
2: Paul  20 pts
3: Harrier  16 pts
4: Trebs  14 pts
5: Ziggler  13 pts
6: Adam  12 pts
7: C&R  12 pts
8: SerialDAVE  9 pts
9: The Boss  9 pts
10: Azzy  8 pts
11: Nakatomi  8 pts
12: Jeff  8 pts
13: GrumpyG*lfer 8 pts
14: Michaels  8 pts
16: Shah  7 pts
17: Beadle  6 pts
18: Weeman  5 pts
19: superfly   4 pts
20: Union Cane  3 pts
21: Dagless  3 pts
22: Julius  2 pts
23: Stella  2 pts
24: Galted  0 pts

Round 4 brings us back to films so please see the poll and cast your votes.

THE POLL IS OPEN FOR ALL OF 606v2 TO VOTE.

Thanks.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 03 Jun 2015, 9:57 am

Rowley wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:Meant look of love, Labour was not only not a debut, but is also bobbins.

You meant The Lexicon Of Love. The Look Of Love (Part 1) b/w The Look Of Love (Part 2) was a 45 rpm release from the aforementioned Long Player.

Not going great for me this is it, lot of effort if you have now not nominated it.

I'm way down the list on getting first choice, and I'm sure it is universally acclaimed by all Culture Cup members, so if it appears, it might not be my pick.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 03 Jun 2015, 10:13 am

I have noticed that I am not on the list this time...

I know I am doing poo, but not bad enough to be booted out surely?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 03 Jun 2015, 10:20 am

I'm on the list which is the most important thing.

I've got a good feeling about this round, I think it's going to be the one.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 10:47 am

F*ck the lot of you. SLAYER tickets go on sale this Friday, must get one lest there be bloodshed on an unimaginable level.

PS Show no Mercy isn't very good as debuts go. I have a couple of better options (no doubt Hammersmith will turn his nose up at them but he can go f*ck himself as well) Doesn't really matter what I put as no f*cker will A/ Have heard of it or B/ Vote for it.

Anyway, will PM Tina with my ONE choice as it's unlikely anyone is going to have the same one thus negating the need for a reserve...see if you can spot it!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 03 Jun 2015, 10:49 am

"Ray Mears farts the national anthems of each African country" will get my vote Galted.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 03 Jun 2015, 10:53 am

SLAYER, ANTHRAX and KVE?????? I believe DAVE

They will sell quick, some small gigs in there.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 10:58 am

rick_dagless wrote:SLAYER, ANTHRAX and KVE?????? I believe DAVE

KVELERTAK...there was some buzz about them a few years ago but I'm not overly fussed. Also can't f*cking abide Joey Belladonna's vocals, damn shame John Bush isn't singing for ANTHRAX but it's all about the mighty SLAYER. haven't seen them for five years, I'd just got married and they played at the same venue in Leeds. Promised my new bride I'd stand at the side and applaud politely...lasted about a minute then got into the mosh pit...bloody brilliant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:04 am

DAVE667 wrote:

Anyway, will PM Tina with my ONE choice as it's unlikely anyone is going to have the same one thus negating the need for a reserve...see if you can spot it!!!

Sigh No More by MUMFORD & SONS! It really shocked me, SerialDAVE, I was expecting you to go for some sort of METAL album.

RiCK - sorry mate, you were rock bottom on the list and I inadvertently cut you off when I copied and pasted. No offense meant.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:07 am

Tino wrote:RiCK - sorry mate, you were rock bottom on the list and I inadvertently cut you off when I copied and pasted. No offense meant.

F**k you... No offense...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:07 am

DAVE667 wrote:

KVELERTAK...there was some buzz about them a few years ago but I'm not overly fussed. Also can't f*cking abide Joey Belladonna's vocals, damn shame John Bush isn't singing for ANTHRAX but it's all about the mighty SLAYER. haven't seen them for five years, I'd just got married and they played at the same venue in Leeds. Promised my new bride I'd stand at the side and applaud politely...lasted about a minute then got into the mosh pit...bloody brilliant.

They were supporting ELO that night weren't they? I was there at the end with the rest of them shouting, "come back on ELO and carry on playing".

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:15 am

superflyweight wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

They were supporting ELO that night weren't they?  I was there at the end with the rest of them shouting, "come back on ELO and carry on playing".
Must have been another gig Super, they were supported by THE HAUNTED who, by that time, had drifted so far away from the magnificence of their early work, they were nothing short of an irritant that night. Have seen THE HAUNTED numerous times and they veered wildly from tedious to f*cking incredible. Their debut album is an absolute cracker but not as good as my pick for round five of the Cup (that I'll get no f*cking votes for)

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:16 am

DAVE wrote:KVELERTAK...there was some buzz about them a few years ago but I'm not overly fussed.

Never heard of them to be honest mate, may give the gigs a go anyway as Mrs D is a fan as well...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:18 am

I'm also not on your stupid list either. After winning the last round too... F@&£ that!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:24 am

rick_dagless wrote:
DAVE wrote:KVELERTAK...there was some buzz about them a few years ago but I'm not overly fussed.

Never heard of them to be honest mate, may give the gigs a go anyway as Mrs D is a fan as well...
 You need to try and keep up Rick, I could not move for people banging on about them with the buzz they were generating a few years ago.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:25 am

The Boss wrote:I'm also not on your stupid list either. After winning the last round too... F@&£ that!

Oh for the sake of f*ck. You were second bottom. It appears I cut you off as well.

Sorry.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:25 am

Things are going from bad to worse around here...

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:26 am

The Boss wrote:Things are going from bad to worse around here...

Greetings from Asbury Park for you?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:30 am

Rowley wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

You need to try and keep up Rick, I could not move for people banging on about them with the buzz they were generating a few years ago.
Yeah Rick, I tend to get my info from Rowley these days re who's creating a buzz or a tingle or barely able to raise a flutter. It's on his recommendation that I'm going to see this BB King fella....although I'm currently struggling to find any mention of a tour!

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:37 am

I thought I was down with the kids (non Yewtree)

Any recomendations for Download DAVE? Saturday especially as always like to keep a day for going to watch new stuff

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:42 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
The Boss wrote:Things are going from bad to worse around here...

Greetings from Asbury Park for you?

Yes please. You're getting better. I've likely used up all the votes in the past round

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:58 am

rick_dagless wrote:I thought I was down with the kids (non Yewtree)

Any recomendations for Download DAVE?  Saturday especially as always like to keep a day for going to watch new stuff
Yeah, pack up your tent, go home and listen to something decent...

Erm Saturday...just looking at the line-up...and dear God it's sh!t. There's Crobot on the 4th stage, they supported Black Label Society recently and they're OK, if a bit samey after a while but energetic enough and then there's the legendary CARCASS on the Encore stage. Not everyone's cup of tea but if they're anywhere near as good as when they played DAMNATION a couple of years ago, it should blow most of the other bands out of the water... no doubt APOCALYPTICA will appease everyone by doing their METALLICA stuff on cello...again. Cheap, crass pandering to the audience which will undoubtedly consist of teenage f*ckwits who wouldn't know a decent riff if it sucked them off and put a fiver in their back pocket afterwards. Sunday looks sh!t as well with only the BUTCHER BABIES worth checking out and that's only because they're fronted by two playboy models (seriously). On Friday there's CLUTCH and CORROSION OF CONFORMITY but what a f*cking dreadful collection of mediocrity otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 03 Jun 2015, 12:01 pm

I have seen Butcher Babies (not live) and was not impressed, may pick up on CROBOT then, and have a look at CARCASS on second stage.

But, Saturday does not fill me with much hope, may be beer and comedy tent then...

Cheers for having a gander though...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 03 Jun 2015, 12:07 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Any recomendations for Download DAVE?  Saturday especially as always like to keep a day for going to watch new stuff

Erm Saturday...just looking at the line-up...and dear God it's sh!t. There's Crobot on the 4th stage, they supported Black Label Society recently and they're OK, if a bit samey after a while but energetic enough and then there's the legendary CARCASS on the Encore stage. Not everyone's cup of tea but if they're anywhere near as good as when they played DAMNATION a couple of years ago, it should blow most of the other bands out of the water... no doubt APOCALYPTICA will appease everyone by doing their METALLICA stuff on cello...again. Cheap, crass pandering to the audience which will undoubtedly consist of teenage f*ckwits who wouldn't know a decent riff if it sucked them off and put a fiver in their back pocket afterwards. Sunday looks sh!t as well with only the BUTCHER BABIES worth checking out and that's only because they're fronted by two playboy models (seriously). On Friday there's CLUTCH and CORROSION OF CONFORMITY but what a f*cking dreadful collection of mediocrity otherwise.

I'll put my tickets up on e-bay.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 12:08 pm

Butcher Babies were supporting Black Label Society on their recent tour and so I checked them out. Was impressed when I saw it was a band consisting of two big titted hotties but yes their music sucks as much as I'd like to think those two vocalists would. For the UK leg of the tour, they changed it to a band called BLACK TUSK who were terrible. My wife enjoyed Crobot and nearly punched me after a couple of Black Tusk songs.

Anyway my suggestion would be to get a refund on your Download ticket and donate it to my fund to kidnap Froch's wife and install her in a purpose built love palace where she and I can indulge in all manner of carnality a charity of your choosing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 12:12 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

I'll put my tickets up on e-bay.
You've always struck me as more of a BLOODSTOCK guy anyway Jules...much better line-up overall even though all three headline acts on Fri/Sat/Sun are awful

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 03 Jun 2015, 12:47 pm

Dave - as you don't like the look of Download I think you might prefer FAIRPORT CONVENTION'S Cropredy Festival.  The line up looks smashing:

http://www.fairportconvention.com/cropredy_line_up.php

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Wed 03 Jun 2015, 12:51 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Can I remind folk to do their own research, please.

I haven't got time and also can't be bothered to check all the picks so if it turns out that any nomination doesn't fulfill the criteria, then you won't get any votes.
I thought the nominations that cheated the criteria were the ones getting all the votes?

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 03 Jun 2015, 12:52 pm

You could do WACKEN Jules?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 03 Jun 2015, 12:58 pm

super wrote:http://www.fairportconvention.com/cropredy_line_up.php

Someone must have an anecdote about Richard Digence surely?

Where is sean by the way?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:06 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
super wrote:http://www.fairportconvention.com/cropredy_line_up.php

Someone must have an anecdote about Richard Digence surely?

Where is sean by the way?

Fish is Scottish, Superfly is sure to have a zinger in his locker. Think Sean is on holiday.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:07 pm

super wrote:Fish is Scottish, Superfly is sure to have a zinger in his locker. Think Sean is on holiday.

The Proclaimers, everyone in Scotland has a Proclaimers anecdote...

Sean will be balls deep in beach clunge then.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:10 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
super wrote:Fish is Scottish, Superfly is sure to have a zinger in his locker. Think Sean is on holiday.

The Proclaimers, everyone in Scotland has a Proclaimers anecdote...

I actually do have a Proclaimers anecdote. I've already posted it once before.

If you can't remember it then f*ck you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:12 pm

rick_dagless wrote:You could do WACKEN Jules?

I could if she's up for it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:13 pm

I actually do have an anecdote about Fish to add to my anecdote about the dwarf ex-wife of one of the Proclaimers.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:14 pm

superflyweight wrote:I actually do have an anecdote about Fish to add to my anecdote about the dwarf ex-wife of one of the Proclaimers.  

Your Proclaimers anecdote is much better than mine.

Although mine is actually true.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:17 pm

Mine is genuinely true. It's not like one of sean's made up stories.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:23 pm

This place used to be cool...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:24 pm

rick_dagless wrote:This place used to be cool...

When?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:28 pm

Tino wrote:When?

I seem to remember we had a couple of pages about a year back.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:29 pm

When?

A very, very long time ago. When round 3 was on.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:31 pm

I've got a top-notch anecdote about Sandra Bullock and a speeding bus.

Might post it later.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:33 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

When?

A very, very long time ago. When round 3 was on.

There are only two more regular rounds. The next music one and then the final book round. Then the double point extravaganza round.

Should be wrapped up nicely by the end of this year.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:33 pm

Galted wrote:I've got a top-notch anecdote about Sandra Bullock and a speeding bus.

Might post it later.

Am sure Sean has any number of anecodtes about Ms Bullock.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:37 pm

Leave Fish alone!

http://v2journal.com/landing-the-fish-meetaxl-week-5.html

They say never meet your heroes but I did  when I met Fish (musical hero) and he was a jolly nice fella. Made me a cup of tea!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:39 pm

Adam D wrote:

They say never meet your heroes

That's exactly why I won't agree to meet Jeff. Despite the constant barrage of PM's I get from him. I don't want to let him down.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:44 pm

I have an anecdote about speeding my bullocks off back when I was a young 'un. It's neither interesting exciting or likely to portray me in a positive light. It's not a great message for the kidz out there either

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:46 pm

Adam D wrote:Leave Fish alone!

They say never meet your heroes but I did  when I met Fish (musical hero) and he was a jolly nice fella. Made me a cup of tea!

Was he working in a café?

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:50 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

No, he was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar. Hang on, I think I am getting my 80s anecdotes mixed up.

I met him at his home and we sat in his kitchen. He makes a good cuppa.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:52 pm

Adam D wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

No, he was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar. Hang on, I think I am getting my 80s anecdotes mixed up.

Was this before or after he took you upstairs and asked you to pose for a series of tasteful photographs wearing nothing but a strategically placed walnut whip?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:53 pm

Adam D wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Can you point out on the dummy where he touched you?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next