The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Khan stop talking to the media?

+9
Dipper Brown
TRUSSMAN66
TopHat24/7
huw
Strongback
AdamT
milkyboy
ONETWOFOREVER
BoxingFan88
13 posters

Go down

Should Khan stop talking to the media? Empty Should Khan stop talking to the media?

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 01 Jun 2015, 10:29 pm

Heard in another thread that he has subtly accused Kell Brook of using drugs, well this new interview takes the cake, the arrogance of the man is astounding....

'But in part I must become my own boss now. Virgil is a great trainer and he will be in my corner next time. But I know myself and my own body better than anyone and it is my take on it all which will decide where we go from here.

He says: 'I need to go back to being the old Amir Khan. All my career I've trusted my trainers and I've done everything the way they ask. But it's time to remember that it was my free flowing ability which got me to two world titles and now to the brink of a super-fight with Mayweather.'

Blaming the trainers for the poor performance....

I thought Khan looked sensational under roach, he lost to Garcia, due to his macho attitude and not having a clue what to do when he takes a good shot

Hunter has proven his stripes with Andre Ward, winning everything there is to win.

Maybe its your fault Amir, not your trainers, who by the way you weren't even listening to anyway!

Good job Algieri wasn't your first choice and was the 'Only one available'

I really like watching Amir, but when he opens his mouth he makes a fool of himself every single time!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-3104905/Amir-Khan-reflects-disappointing-display-against-Chris-Algieri-vows-return-best-insisting-boss.html

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Should Khan stop talking to the media? Empty Re: Should Khan stop talking to the media?

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 01 Jun 2015, 11:01 pm

Khan logic once again.

He should say these things to his trainer in private. What point is there to broadcasting you're feelings to the world, sounds like an excuse to me.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Should Khan stop talking to the media? Empty Re: Should Khan stop talking to the media?

Post by milkyboy Mon 01 Jun 2015, 11:18 pm

Just read that piece. Generally, I've always thought khan was a nice enough lad just a bit thick and prone to foot in mouth.

I was expecting more of the same. However, I actually agree with a lot of what he said. He should know now what works best for him. He may not actually know but he should. Personally, i'm not sure going gung-ho is best for him... And the Alexander performance 1 fight ago was one of his best...but he knows himself better than I do.

If khan believes hunter over trained him, for this fight, then he is best placed to know, compared to how he felt in other fights with different training programmes. He probably should have been more subtle in how he phrased it (not his forte obviously). Obviously, he may just be kidding people and himself with the excuse, but then most boxers have a ready line of excuses for poor performances. Khan obviously feels he just jeopardised the mayweather fight ( assuming it was ever there to jeopardise) and is looking to excuse his performance.

As an aside, Virgil hunter has trained one exceptional talent since he was a young lad and not had a bunch of success elsewhere. You could change Virgil hunter for enzo Calzaghe in that last sentence. He's certainly a long way from proving himself a hall of fame trainer whose word is gospel.

Looks like the khan hunter relationship might require counselling.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 02 Jun 2015, 7:08 am

Khan has found his level. Eddie Futch could train Khan. Make no difference.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 02 Jun 2015, 7:45 am

Khan is promoting himself. Kell Brook would sound ridiculous if he was doing his own talking.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 02 Jun 2015, 8:41 am

A boxer at their peak should know themselves better than a trainer - unless that trainer has been with him since he started.

Yes, Khan does say some pretty dumb stuff and he has in the past made himself look ridiculous but I get the feeling he could say the sky is blue and people would point out that it isn't at night.

Take a popular boxer like Hatton, who again refused to accept any responsibility for his losses a lot of people blame the ref and training yet with Khan it's always his fault.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 9:29 am

milkyboy wrote:Khan obviously feels he just jeopardised the mayweather fight ( assuming it was ever there to jeopardise) and is looking to excuse his performance.

Would have thought a ropey performance would have done anything but jeapodising a May shot. He needs to look potentially exciting but vunerable. Enough to hype but without showing genuine serious danger.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 9:41 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:Khan obviously feels he just jeopardised the mayweather fight ( assuming it was ever there to jeopardise) and is looking to excuse his performance.

Would have thought a ropey performance would have done anything but jeapodising a May shot..

That's why Mayweather waited for Maidana to look awesome against Broner...

Off topic section is open mate...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 10:08 am

Thanks Truss. MM is a perfect example. Just like Ortiz. Plenty of evidence from the past to suggest he simply isn't that good but a performance to get some hype and make people take notice. The title also helped sell the MM fight.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 02 Jun 2015, 10:10 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Thanks Truss. MM is a perfect example.  Just like Ortiz.  Plenty of evidence from the past to suggest he simply isn't that good but a performance to get some hype and make people take notice. The title also helped sell the MM fight.

I used to take you seriously. You are a fantistic WUM!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 02 Jun 2015, 10:15 am

Turns into another Mayweather thread in 3, 2, oh no there it is.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 10:16 am

Ortiz and MM were top oppos then, were they? Maybe take your Floyd c0ck manikin out of your mouth before responding and you might make more sense. laughing

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 10:17 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Would have thought a ropey performance would have done anything but jeapodising a May shot. He needs to look potentially exciting but vunerable. Enough to hype but without showing genuine serious danger.

Ortiz jumped the queue due to his terrific fight with Berto, getting off the canvas to win. As an example.

Khan isn't a big name in the US, not in the slightest. He hasn't done much to get his name up there either, and scraping by the average Algieri isn't exactly going to change that. He's remembered for getting flattened by Garcia and struggling past Peterson who is on the same average level as Algieiri.

Mayweather will typically pick the biggest name that doesn't carry as much risk as others out there (admittedly with Cotto/Alvarez/Manny that has changed in recent times for me). Khan is neither a big name and carries little appeal as he can barely get past Algieri - Floyd is much more likely to give Brook a shot if Brook goes back over to the US and has a nice little rumble with Rios that grabs the headlines.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 02 Jun 2015, 10:19 am

Coxy001 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Ortiz jumped the queue due to his terrific fight with Berto, getting off the canvas to win. As an example.

Khan isn't a big name in the US, not in the slightest. He hasn't done much to get his name up there either, and scraping by the average Algieri isn't exactly going to change that. He's remembered for getting flattened by Garcia and struggling past Peterson who is on the same average level as Algieiri.

Mayweather will typically pick the biggest name that doesn't carry as much risk as others out there (admittedly with Cotto/Alvarez/Manny that has changed in recent times for me). Khan is neither a big name and carries little appeal as he can barely get past Algieri - Floyd is much more likely to give Brook a shot if Brook goes back over to the US and has a nice little rumble with Rios that grabs the headlines.

Who will Floyd fight next? Who would bring in the most dollars? Would he perhaps try and get a shot at Cotto?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 10:39 am

Floyd should fight Garcia next............

Garcia deserves it for Khan and Matty...........

Plus it's a very winnable fight for Floyd which will p**s off some of the ignorant, bitter knobs that frequent this board...

Besides...He's just beat the P4P number 3 he deserves a straightforward voluntary.....Right ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 02 Jun 2015, 10:41 am

I would like to see Cotto rematch. Floyd would win but I think it would be an exciting fight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 11:04 am

Cotto would be another fight nobody should care about.

Never fought him at his unbeaten 147 peak.

Beat him at 154 pretty comprehensively.

Doubt he'll fight at the full 160 so it'll probs be a catchweight title fight almost as pointless & as meaningless as Manny's versus Margacheato.

Don't like Danny Garcia, would welcome Floyd handing him his backside with a textbook schooling.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 11:12 am

"No one should care about Cotto v Mayweather................."

It's hilarious....

Brook vs Gavin/Jojo/Rios.........Let's care about them instead.... Laugh Laugh laughing

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 02 Jun 2015, 11:15 am

I'm with TopHat on that. Seen it before haven't we? Cotto Canelo is new. Floyd Khan is new. Rematches tend to go the same way as the first.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 11:18 am

Dipper Brown wrote:I'm with TopHat on that. Seen it before haven't we? Cotto Canelo is new. Floyd Khan is new. Rematches tend to go the same way as the first.

Toppy thinks Manny is a s**t win................He thought Alvarez was a s**t win............

Just wants to see Floyd beat..............

Has no idea that great former fighters didn't fight the best all the time...Because his knowledge doesn't go back further than 2010..

Why should Mayweather be any different than other fighters around ??

Who did Kovo and GGG beat in their last fights ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 02 Jun 2015, 11:19 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Khan made your point on the article toppy. It's a double edged sword... Look beatable to floyd but competitive to the public... Hence why he needs an explanation for the performance.

... Not that I'm suggesting floyd would ever think he wasn't beatable.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 11:20 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:"No one should care about Cotto v Mayweather................."

It's hilarious....

Brook vs Gavin/Jojo/Rios.........Let's care about them instead.... Laugh  Laugh  laughing

Did I say I cared about any of that dross?

No, you f*ckwit. Hilarious how stupid you appear willing to make yourself look.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 11:21 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:"No one should care about Cotto v Mayweather................."

It's hilarious....

Brook vs Gavin/Jojo/Rios.........Let's care about them instead.... Laugh  Laugh  laughing

Did I say I cared about any of that dross?

No, you f*ckwit. Hilarious how stupid you appear willing to make yourself look.

You aren't worth it Son....

Pitiful..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 11:22 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Dipper Brown wrote:I'm with TopHat on that. Seen it before haven't we? Cotto Canelo is new. Floyd Khan is new. Rematches tend to go the same way as the first.

Toppy thinks Manny is a s**t win................He thought Alvarez was a s**t win............

Just wants to see Floyd beat..............

Has no idea that great former fighters didn't fight the best all the time...Because his knowledge doesn't go back further than 2010..

Why should Mayweather be any different than other fighters around ??

Who did Kovo and GGG beat in their last fights ??

DISCLAIMER: 'Toppy' never said any of the above. Which is why Trusstard can never quote Toppy when he gets all foamy-mouthed over this BS.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 02 Jun 2015, 11:34 am

Trusstard? What age are you mate, 12??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 11:51 am

It's called a Portmanteau. If you Google it you may understand what that is. Like I said, should've given school a better crack.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 02 Jun 2015, 11:55 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:It's called a Portmanteau.  If you Google it you may understand what that is.  Like I said, should've given school a better crack.

If I was still at school would you fancy me??

Either you are a schoolkid or you are obbsessed with schoolkids. Which one is it??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 12:04 pm

'Obsessed' only has 1 'b'.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 02 Jun 2015, 12:06 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:'Obsessed' only has 1 'b'.......

You're right it does. Unfortunately some of us have to work, so don't really have time to spell check.

Anyway thanks for the English lesson Topfat!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 02 Jun 2015, 1:53 pm

Jesus Christ how fvcking tiny do your d!cks have to be to log into a boxing forum everyday to pointlessly try to one-up people rather than actually discussing boxing? Genuine query.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jun 2015, 2:34 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Jesus Christ how fvcking tiny do your d!cks have to be to log into a boxing forum everyday to pointlessly try to one-up people rather than actually discussing boxing? Genuine query.
Is it two inches (fully erect)? I only ask cos that's the biggest mine's ever been when I've been on a tea and biscuit fuelled rant on here

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 02 Jun 2015, 2:37 pm

Puts it in perspective. You can muster 2 1/2 thinking of rachael.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jun 2015, 2:43 pm

Hey, some ladies don't like it that thick

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 02 Jun 2015, 4:23 pm

its hardly new stuff from khan, he's sacked his trainer every time he's lost

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue 02 Jun 2015, 4:38 pm

Khan's ok talking boxing as long as its not about himself then he just sounds clueless, problem is he actually believes he's better than he is and has done from day one, some call it confidence I call it deluded.

Only way Khan/Mayweather becomes a big fight is if its fought in the UK which isn't going to happen, and its just a routine win for Mayweather with a likely stoppage anywhere on the planet.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down