The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch

+11
DuransHorse
Nico the gman
Strongback
milkyboy
Dipper Brown
88Chris05
Steffan
AdamT
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
Guest82
15 posters

Go down

Froch  Empty Froch

Post by Guest82 Mon 01 Jun 2015, 11:55 pm

Talking on the radio at the moment...think he's a bit drunk!

Looks like he's likely to fight GGG or Degale. Keeps saying he would be up for the GGG fight and that Degale is an easy nights work.

Also said Calzaghes son sent him messages on Twitter slagging Rachel off. Predicted that Joe would apologise to him when he sees him next!

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Froch  Empty Re: Froch

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 02 Jun 2015, 12:05 am

Classic stuff just heard it.

Froch going off on Calzaghe was f**king funny I even overlooked the part where he said Degale would be an easy win and he would (if fit) face GGG.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 12:07 am

"It will end on the cobbles"

But Calzaghe is obsessed with him!!!

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 9:52 am

I think they are both obsessed with eachother..........Both jealous of the other in different ways...

Have no doubts that Froch's pop that he's fought the best and the fact he sold 85,000 seats at Wembley is an irritant.....Froch is the biggest name in Brit Boxing and I imagine Calzaghe doesn't like it him being a 168 pounder..

After all show me a boxer that isn't vain..

Froch (like Larry with Ali) Has always been in Calzaghe's shadow....and resents it...

However do enjoy Froch's non pc interviews...........In an age of sportsmen/women being media trained it's nice to hear somebody say what they really think..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 02 Jun 2015, 10:05 am

I want to see them in the cobbles, I back the Cobra!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 02 Jun 2015, 11:27 am

So, the Slimester Froch is running off at the mouth again. Nothing new there. Joe just gave an opinion on Slimey v Chunky and as normal Froch's dummy comes out

Calzaghes son sent him messages on Twitter to ask Carl tell Rachel to stop harassing Joe saying she wants to leave Froch and get with a real man. Calzaghe wants nothing to do with that little troll though

Cobbles or 80,000 people and Wembley Stadium...Calzaghe wins

Regards

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 11:29 am

Calzaghe's last three predictions...

Groves bt Froch..........
Kessler bt Froch
Bute bt Froch.....

Sounds like wishful thinking to me..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 02 Jun 2015, 11:29 am

Calzaghe is a better boxer but I think he is a little jealous of Froch in my opinion.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 02 Jun 2015, 11:39 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Calzaghe's last three predictions...

Groves bt Froch..........
Kessler bt Froch
Bute bt Froch.....

Sounds like wishful thinking to me..
True but I think most people apart from the Nottingham ghetto crew wish for Froch to get beaten in all fights

Lets see if Froch sticks to his principles gives DeGale a shot at the title

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jun 2015, 11:40 am

Guest82 wrote:Talking on the radio at the moment...think he's a bit drunk!

Looks like he's likely to fight GGG or Degale. Keeps saying he would be up for the GGG fight and that Degale is an easy nights work.

Also said Calzaghes son sent him messages on Twitter slagging Rachel off. Predicted that Joe would apologise to him when he sees him next!
I'm not having that, she's beyond reproach (Rachel, LOVE ME!!!!).....however all that unnecessary silliness aside, I do wish Froch would either "sh!t or get off the pot". He can fight me if he wants, we still have cobbled streets in Bradford. Advantage would be with me as, having knocked art George Grove in devastating fashion in front of eighty farzard people at Wembley, fighting by gaslight in front of six Lithuanian alcoholics and a stray dog may not give Froch the buzz he needs to raise his game. Also, in my head, I've decided that the winner gets to sleep with Froch's missus which would be inspiration enough from me to withstand the famed Froch onslaught and trench warfare where I would undoubtedly be dragged. Also, more importantly, beating Froch would make me a hero in Steffan's eyes and nothing is more important to me...not even having Froch's missus naked in my bed.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 12:07 pm

Don't think either of them cover themselves in glory when it comes to this oneupmanship between them, but Froch needs to take himself a bit less seriously and stop getting so easily 'offended' by Calzaghe.

Yeah, it was a little bit cheeky of Calzaghe to drop in the 'I think he'd whoop Froch!' line on Twitter after congratulating Degale for winning the IBF belt the other week. He could and probably should have just congratulated Degale and left it at that - it was Degale's moment. But it's no worse than Froch on that ITV programme a few weeks back saying something along the lines of, "I could have stayed undefeated and never lost, but what does that matter if you've never fought anyone?" (no prizes for guessing who he had in mind when he said that) or regularly referencing that Hopkins was 'robbed' when he fought Calzaghe.

I don't doubt that Calzaghe is annoyed to some degree about the level of adulation and coverage Froch gets these days, and maybe that played a part in him picking Bute, Kessler and Groves to beat him (personally I suspect it did) - but then again, for all we know maybe that's just genuinely how he saw the fights going. He also confidently backed Froch to win a fight in which he was a marginal underdog against Abraham for instance, albeit Froch's profile wasn't as high at that point and nobody back then would even dare to question who had the better record.

Picking one guy over the other in a two horse race which is expected to be closely contested isn't a sign of "disrespect" to the other guy and it winds me up when it gets suggested as such. Froch should be big enough and ugly enough to take that in his stride without talking all this nonsense about a straightener on the cobbles and indignant rants in the third person. I never really warmed to Calzaghe's personality but in this instance at least he seems able to take a jibe or two a little better and delivers his shots with a bit of a tongue in cheek approach. Froch just seems to take it all a bit too seriously.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 02 Jun 2015, 12:14 pm

Chris is right, Froch is so insecure he gets genuinely offended when people aren't in awe of him. That was the whole crux of the Groves rivalry, Froch was aghast that Groves wasn't daunted by him. It's just silly.

By the same token Calzaghe comes across as a bit of a drip. Froch seems jealous of Clazaghe's talent and Joe jealous of Carl's record. Look, they're boxers and it's a macho business that fosters jealousy and insecurity. Doesn't mean you have to like them to watch them beat the stuffing out of each other. It's all a bit of a non issue as they'll never fight.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 02 Jun 2015, 12:18 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:Chris is right, Froch is so insecure he gets genuinely offended when people aren't in awe of him. That was the whole crux of the Groves rivalry, Froch was aghast that Groves wasn't daunted by him. It's just silly.

By the same token Calzaghe comes across as a bit of a drip. Froch seems jealous of Clazaghe's talent and Joe jealous of Carl's record. Look, they're boxers and it's a macho business that fosters jealousy and insecurity. Doesn't mean you have to like them to watch them beat the stuffing out of each other. It's all a bit of a non issue as they'll never fight.

I think both should let it go. They never fought, so it is pointless. Both sound bitter in different ways. Then again perhaps they love the attention, so they will continue to bicker. It is very sad but I guess it gets people talking.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 12:29 pm

I hope they don't let it go.............Much better than sportsmen saying "He's a nice guy and a credit to the sport!!" when deep down they hate the SOB..

They can keep it up for me..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 02 Jun 2015, 12:45 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote: They can keep it up for me..

For your sake truss, let's hope those rent boys at the oyster can do the same.

I've no problem with boxers airing their animosity, but when one is retired its a bit pathetic. Big man talk from froch, looking to sort out their differences outside against an older retired fighter.

Who next to prove his greatness... He could ask Ali out... Sugar ray robinson?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jun 2015, 12:47 pm

Then you just end up with another miserable angry-at-the-world frigtard like Steve Collins and who the f*ck needs that?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 12:48 pm

milkyboy wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote: They can keep it up for me..

For your sake truss, let's hope those rent boys at the oyster can do the same.

I've no problem with boxers airing their animosity, but when one is retired its a bit pathetic. Big man talk from froch, looking to sort out their differences outside against an older retired fighter.

Who next to prove his greatness... He could ask Ali out... Sugar ray robinson?

Perhaps Calzaghe should stop his son sending tweets to Froch's Mrs.......A bit pathetic too wouldn't you say ??..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 02 Jun 2015, 12:55 pm

If Dave can do it, why not calzaghe's son?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 12:57 pm

milkyboy wrote:If Dave can do it, why not calzaghe's son?

Because Dave isn't Welsh and can't make good Welsh rarebit..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jun 2015, 2:23 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:If Dave can do it, why not calzaghe's son?

Because Dave isn't Welsh and can't make good Welsh rarebit..
It's only cheese on toast...a f*cking monkey could do it!

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 02 Jun 2015, 2:35 pm

I think that was his point Dave

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jun 2015, 2:40 pm

No he's being racist (wait til my mate Steffan finds out) He's claiming that only Welsh people can make cheese on toast, next he'll be saying only the French can makes thin pancakes whilst reeking of garlic with an onion shoved up their arse, the Italians are the only ones who can boil pasta whilst pouring 12 litres of cooking oil in their hair, driving round on stupid little scooters and pinching women's bums and that only people in Spain can get excited by making a f*cking omlette.

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 02 Jun 2015, 3:31 pm

Froch will never be Calzaghe......he will never win a a BBC SPOTY.

Calzaghe had real visceral talent, Froch by comparison is made of scrap iron.....not pretty but hard to break.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue 02 Jun 2015, 3:53 pm

Calzaghe winning Sports PERSONALITY of the year, what personality, to be honest imagine having a night out with Froch and Calzaghe together, TAXI!

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 02 Jun 2015, 3:57 pm

Calzaghe "I am undefeated and the best ever super middle"

Froch "I am a warrior"

Calzaghe "I beat the better version of Kessler"

Froch "You do realise I knocked out Groves at Wembley, in front of 80,000 people.

Calzaghe "Naw mate, you never seem to mention it. However, I would nail your Mrs"

Froch "Ok, the cobbles it is"

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 02 Jun 2015, 4:05 pm

Froch needs to trademark that 'cobbles' catchphrase. If he's getting royalties off 'warrior' and 'trenches', he'll be richer than Floyd.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 02 Jun 2015, 4:07 pm

Nico the gman wrote:Calzaghe winning Sports PERSONALITY of the year, what personality, to be honest imagine having a night out with Froch and Calzaghe together, TAXI!

I guess you might get to see a bit of a tussle.

Sports personality of the year is certainly  a misnomer.  The year that captain charisma, Nigel mansell, won it, removed any lingering doubt that personality had anything to do with it. A one man cure for insomnia.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 02 Jun 2015, 4:09 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:Froch needs to trademark that 'cobbles' catchphrase. If he's getting royalties off 'warrior' and 'trenches', he'll be richer than Floyd.

that is a fact!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 02 Jun 2015, 4:10 pm

Was it ever about personality?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 02 Jun 2015, 4:12 pm

Do you ever wonder if any pro boxers have been on here posing as an ordinary fan.

The Hayemaker was definitely David Haye. Either that or his Momma!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Tue 02 Jun 2015, 4:15 pm

Nico the gman wrote:Calzaghe winning Sports PERSONALITY of the year, what personality, to be honest imagine having a night out with Froch and Calzaghe together, TAXI!

Personally I thought he also should have received the Man Booker Prize for "No Ordinary Joe".

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 02 Jun 2015, 4:21 pm

Think I deserve a prize for reading that book all the way through! Jesus Jones, what a chore. Worst part was when he gets the singer of the Manic Street Preachers name wrong. James Dean Bradshaw? You sure, Joe? Ass hat.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jun 2015, 4:24 pm

AdamT wrote:
Dipper Brown wrote:Froch needs to trademark that 'cobbles' catchphrase. If he's getting royalties off 'warrior' and 'trenches', he'll be richer than Floyd.

that is a fact!!
Too late, Rachel uses the term "cobbles" when referring to my testicles. She says it's because they're big, hard and she wouldn't like to walk on them whilst wearing high heels. Little does she know I also use that term but only because they're covered in moss and bits of chewing gum.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 02 Jun 2015, 4:25 pm

laughing laughing laughing

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Tue 02 Jun 2015, 4:28 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
AdamT wrote:

that is a fact!!
Too late, Rachel uses the term "cobbles" when referring to my testicles. She says it's because they're big, hard and she wouldn't like to walk on them whilst wearing high heels. Little does she know I also use that term but only because they're covered in moss and bits of chewing gum.

That is a description now heavily engrained on the retina of my mind!

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 02 Jun 2015, 4:36 pm

This forum hasn't really covered itself in glory today...

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 02 Jun 2015, 4:42 pm

Scottrf wrote:This forum hasn't really covered itself in glory today...

Perhaps. But dave has covered a picture of Carl and Rachel with c*m and that will have to suffice

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Tue 02 Jun 2015, 4:57 pm

Just listening to the interview and Froch scored the DeGale v Dirrell fight to Direll by a round, at best a draw, said the version of Dirrell he fought was of course sharper and fresher. Lots of little barbed but half disguised comments. Then said DeGale wouldn't get past round 8 with him and it would be easy.

Then said he only wants GGG because it's sooooo tough? Is that why he wanted Chavez Jr? For me, they know GGG is less proven and smaller yet it's worth a lot of money. I'd say it was a tough fight but I wouldn't make Froch a heavy underdog, if an underdog at all. Way more dangerous than Chavez but still wouldn't be surprised if Froch won.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 02 Jun 2015, 5:51 pm

Just a bad day at the office Scott. I'm sure the normal service of stimulating debate, razor sharp banter and cutting edge intellectual advancement will resume tomorrow.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 9:42 pm

milkyboy wrote:

Just a bad day at the office Scott. I'm sure the normal service of stimulating debate, razor sharp banter and cutting edge intellectual advancement will resume tomorrow.

Waingro is returning?!?

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 02 Jun 2015, 10:12 pm

Coxy001 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

Waingro is returning?!?

He wouldn't lower himself.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 10:23 pm

I wish you wouldn't...All you do is moan these days...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 02 Jun 2015, 11:09 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I wish you wouldn't...All you do is moan these days...

Not surprised he's moaning, good posters are thin on the ground around here.

BTW where's HazHarrison? Has he quit?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down