The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE Raw Results - Spoilers ahead

+6
Ent
RinoGattuso
Dolphin Ziggler
Samo
Prometheus
Fernando
10 posters

Go down

WWE Raw Results - Spoilers ahead  Empty WWE Raw Results - Spoilers ahead

Post by Fernando Tue 02 Jun 2015, 10:42 am

The Authority comes out and Stephanie says Dean Ambrose stole the WWE Championship, but that doesn’t make him a champion. She asks what they should do to him, but Triple H says they won’t do anything because Ambrose isn’t stupid. He says he gave Ambrose until now to return the title, so he’d better get his ass out there right now. Roman Reigns instead comes out and says Ambrose wants a rematch, and Rollins says it’s on, but Stephanie says to wait. Rollins flips and says he is the WWE Champion and he doesn’t need them to help, and storms off. Stephanie asks who Reigns thinks he is, and HHH says Reigns is the guy in the Money in the Bank match, and he remembers Rollins ruining Wrestlemania for him. HHH says Reigns is in the match, but he might not be after tonight, because if he loses, he’s out, and he should stay put, because his match is next.

Bad News Barrett vs Roman Reigns

Wade hits Reigns a few times before Reigns knees him in the face several times, then he goes for a basement dropkick but Wade rolls away. Reigns clotheslines him, then Wade leaps over the steps to avoid an Irish whip and throws Reigns into them. We get back to a break to see Wade hit Reigns a few times, then he goes for a Bullhammer but Reigns ducks and slams him down. Reigns calls for a Superman punch but Wade ducks it, only to have Reigns hit the ropes and surprise him with a spear for the win.

Winner – Roman Reigns

The Authority tells Roman Reigns he shouldn’t celebrate just yet, because he still has another match, and it’s against Mark Henry.

Intercontinental Championship
The Miz vs Ryback (c)

Big Show comes out before the match starts, teases knocking Ryback out, but turns and punches Miz. Show tells Ryback he will be the one to beat Ryback, because Ryback is the ‘Big Guy’ but that’s nothing on him.

Result – No Contest

Kevin Owens comes out and says he told them he would lay John Cena out, and he delivered. He says he talked to his son, who is a huge Cena fan like most kids, and his son asked how Cena was. Owens says he gets it, but it doesn’t mean it’s OK, and this is blind worship because people have been influenced by Cena for years. He says he didn’t get that chance because he’s never been there, but last night he beat ‘Super Cena’ and he’s going to expose Cena for what he is. Owens says if you are a parent, sit your kid down to watch Money In The Bank and watch him deliver, because he doesn’t need catchphrases and flash.

Cena cuts Owens off and says he’s a jackass, and tells him to shut up and act like he’s been here before. Cena says the world is talking about Kevin Owens, and he won last night, but he’s too concerned with being a role model, instead of being a man. Cena says Owens’ son is a fan because of people fighting and being passionate, just like the young fan in the crowd beating cancer. Cena says ‘Fight Owens Fight’ doesn’t define him, because it’s actually ‘Never Give Up.’ Cena tells him he’d better learn how to not deliver on promises, because he’s a really good wrestler who will get his ass kicked by a real man.

Dolph Ziggler (w/ Lana) vs Kofi Kingston (w/ The New Day)

Dolph catches Kofi with a dropkick, then he avoids a splash before Kofi knees him in the face. Dolph comes back with an elbow, then he blocks S.O.S. and gets a rollup for the win. Big E and Woods jump in and attack him after the bell, but Prime Time Players make the save.

Winner – Dolph Ziggler

The New Day vs Dolph Ziggler & Prime Time Players

We get back from the break to see an impromptu six man tag match, with Woods and Kofi taking turns attacking Young. Titus breaks up a pin and hits Woods with a scoop slam, then Dolph runs in and superkicks Woods before Titus hits a pump handle slam for the win.

Winners – Dolph Ziggler & Prime Time Players

Mark Henry vs Roman Reigns

Henry hits Reigns a few times and clotheslines him in the corner, then Reigns comes back with a diving clothesline and a Samoan drop. Henry rolls outside and Reigns follows, and they fight near the commentary table before Reigns beats the count in.

Winner – Roman Reigns

Henry attacks Reigns during his celebration, and hits him with a World’s Strongest Slam and a splash.

The Authority sarcastically claps for Reigns winning, and he says he should keep his vest on. HHH says there’s a lot of people who want to be in the MITB match, and he should lace it up tight, and ‘follow the buzzards.’

Divas Championship
Paige vs Nikki Bella (c)

Nikki catches Paige with an early armdrag takedown, then she knees Paige and hits a slingshot suplex. Nikki applies a modified ankle lock but Paige makes it to the ropes, then the ref gets distracted and somehow Brie gets in and uses ‘twin magic’ to roll Paige up.

Winner – Nikki Bella

Randy Orton vs Sheamus

Sheamus and Orton slug it out and make their way outside as we go to a break, then we get back to see Sheamus stomp Orton in the corner. Sheamus continues to stomp Orton and calls for a Brogue Kick, but Orton sidesteps and powerslams him. Orton goes for a DDT but Sheamus counters, then Orton blocks a senton and hits a T-Bone suplex and a hangman’s DDT. Orton goes after Sheamus and they fight to the floor, with Orton sending Sheamus into the timekeeper’s area. Sheamus gets up and hits Orton with a chair, then continues to attack Orton and hits a Brogue Kick until he is forced to leave.

Winner (by disqualification) – Randy Orton

Bo Dallas vs Neville

Bo tries to cut a promo but stops and says he just wants to hurt his opponent. Bo hits Neville several times and whips him outside, then he connects with a few more strikes before Neville connects with a combination of kicks. Neville hits a back handspring elbow, then he kicks Bo in the face and hits Red Arrow for the win.

Winner – Neville

Bray Wyatt vs Roman Reigns

Bray hits Reigns several times and slams him down as The Authority makes their way out, then Bray clotheslines Reigns as Seth Rollins cheers the action. We get back from a break to see Reigns counter a corner splash with a clothesline, then he charges the corner but Bray kicks him and hits a reverse throw for two. Bray spider walks over and goes on attack, but Roman counters with a near fall rollup. Reigns hits a Superman punch and the Authority runs to ringside, so Reigns tries to fend them off, and Bray calls for Sister Abigail. Reigns counters and whips him into Kane on the apron, then rebounds with a spear for the win.

Winner – Roman Reigns

The Authority sets up for an attack but Dean Ambrose’s music cues up, then he appears on the commentary table and taunts the opposition. Rollins dives at him but Ambrose shoves him across the table, then he helps Reigns clear the ring and hits Rollins with Dirty Deeds. Reigns and Ambrose celebrate as HHH and Stephanie walk out and stare them down as they leave through the crowd.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

WWE Raw Results - Spoilers ahead  Empty Re: WWE Raw Results - Spoilers ahead

Post by Prometheus Tue 02 Jun 2015, 11:24 am

I like the idea that Reigns has to go through the roster to get his MitB chance. I think they maybe should have had just 2 matches or had him face his opponents back-to-back as he's still not over enough for the crowd to want to see Roman Reigns night where he wrestles 3 times and is in several promos too.

Also, shame that the first fight was against Barrett, who's just been a complete jobber to everyone, including R-Truth, since he won KotR. And no-one cares about Mark Henry, Reigns should have gone over him clean.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 02 Jun 2015, 11:57 am

I dont mind what they did with Reigns but I've a feeling there are going to be people who Poopie all over it. The only negative I can pick was him going over Wyatt, where does that put Wyatt when he cant beat a guy whos already wrestled twice over the night? It was a good match but I would have still picked someone else.

A ladder match is probably the ideal stipulation for another Rollins/Ambrose match, gives them a chance to work spots we havent really seen between them. I want Ambrose to win more than anything but with Lesnar due back its highly unlikely.

Other than that it was your average RAW affair. Apart from a certain promo.

Kevin Owens and John Cena were both fantastic. Owens definitely belongs right up there among the big boys, his section was excellent and John Cena did a good job putting him over and putting over the importance of a rematch. Hopefully Owens goes over again, but if he loses then I wouldnt mind a Winner Take All 3rd match.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 02 Jun 2015, 12:00 pm

Samo wrote:I dont mind what they did with Reigns but I've a feeling there are going to be people who Poopie all over it.  The only negative I can pick was him going over Wyatt, where does that put Wyatt when he cant beat a guy whos already wrestled twice over the night?  It was a good match but I would have still picked someone else.
I'd have switched Mark Henry and Bray. Bray would have got out of the match without being pinned, and do the Sister Abigail after the match for some heat. And I think Mark Henry you could sell better on the idea of 'how can Reigns beat the strongest man in the world, when he's already wrestled twice tonight".

Crowdwise though, they probably needed someone who was really going to lift the crowd in that final match. Now quite sure who on the roster that might be.....
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 02 Jun 2015, 12:44 pm

Yeah switching the two would have worked, wouldnt have hurt Bray and Henry doesnt matter. Im struggling to think of someone else unless they booked him against Rollins himself, although then you would end up with the WWE champion being pinned about 4 times in as many weeks.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 02 Jun 2015, 12:48 pm

Who gets the big pops at the moment just for coming out? It is a short list, I'm afraid.

Now they have the IC belt on Ryback they really need to try to get him over. I've heard him tell his story twice and I know it is a very personal one, but I'm afraid he's still not a wrestler I pop for when he appears, even though I like what he could be.

Some of these crowds, like the Corpus Christi one, are not that into it. And its hard, a good crowd can make an okay show great, and a flat crowd can make a good show bad. But you can't just blame the crowd, these guys haven't come for nothing, so they have something invested in wanting to like the show and WWE has to find a way to get them more alive.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 03 Jun 2015, 1:39 am

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Wed 03 Jun 2015, 5:08 am

Everyweek now there will be a kid with a sign like that, hoping Cena notices it and they get to go in to the ring with him.

Thats a couple of times, Cena has used a kid with cancer in a promo.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 03 Jun 2015, 12:25 pm

Be good to see Owens call him on it, say it's a good cause but a selfish motive, say the kids will grow up and know he did it to sell t shirts and make money.

Maybe a bit controversial but would be good heat and finally a reply to these promos cena cuts that no one can really reply to as, let's face it, hard to disagree with kids beating cancer.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 03 Jun 2015, 2:08 pm

^^^ I like that a lot. The way WWE is these days, in it's 'reality' era, it wouldn't surprise me much to see them do it. However, if I was a betting man, I'd say they won't. They've spent too much time and money driving 'Cena is a really nice and caring guy, please like him' down the fans throats.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 03 Jun 2015, 2:09 pm

If anyone needs to attack Cena for "using Kids" who are beating Cancer to generate "good heat" from fans then there is no long term hope for that particular wrestler

Quite ridiculous really, it wasn't part of the show yet it gives every kid in the land who are going through a gruelling recovery some hope and motivation that they might possibly get to stand in the ring with their GOAT, FFS its quite deplorable to even suggest this should be used in a storyline just so someone could garner heat, pretty disrespectful too to a guy like Owens, he is brilliant, the very last thing he'd need to do to connect with the crowd

Last edited by Kay Fabe on Wed 03 Jun 2015, 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 03 Jun 2015, 2:16 pm

I agree with Kay Fabe. Theres alot of things I dont mind them bringing into storylines, but I need to draw a line at kids with cancer. John Cena highlighting them is fine, even more so if they are head to toe in his merch. Having their hero tell them to keep fighting and Never Give Up could make a huge difference to their morale. But having someone attack him for it is crossing a line.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 03 Jun 2015, 2:23 pm

Is this the time we find out if Vince Russo posts here? Because any suggestion that Cena and Owens have a "cancer meds on a pole" match is bound to be a give away.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 03 Jun 2015, 2:34 pm

Crips always wanted heels to not support the pink cancer tshirt wearing month they do as he felt it was out of character.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 03 Jun 2015, 3:47 pm

Hero wrote:Crips always wanted heels to not support the pink cancer tshirt wearing month they do as he felt it was out of character.
I've got no problem with that train of thought either, I think there is a clear distinction from a heel staying away from a particular subject to a heel intentionally using a subject for what would essentially be cheap heat, what guys with young children of their own would seriously tempt fate with this anyway?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 03 Jun 2015, 7:07 pm

Owens and Cena were both brilliant. If anyone actually thinks Cena is awful they need to get a grip. 

Reigns was awesome again, he should be massivly over like Ambrose. 

Average raw though overall.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 03 Jun 2015, 9:18 pm

Cena is a work horse and his promos are generally a high quality, but theres too manu things a guy with 12 years experience shouldnt still be doing. i dont think i've seen a match of his in the last 5 years where he very audibly calls spots.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 03 Jun 2015, 9:41 pm

It doesnt really bother me. I'm watching the ring and listening to the buzzing of the "hilarious banter" of the commentary team.

His promos have been much better since his drop to US Champ. Actually think Owens could stay heel yet still show a small sign of support for the kid. The internet saw a lot of people criticising Cena for going off script and hitting Owens with a situation he couldn't respond to. So he didn't, and alas nothing bad happened. The bit with the kid in the ring was after the dark match at the end of the night. No reflection on Owens at all.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down