The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan - Time to give up on the US dream and come home !!!

+10
Rowley
TopHat24/7
ONETWOFOREVER
Atila
Soldier_Of_Fortune
88Chris05
Dipper Brown
AdamT
Scottrf
TRUSSMAN66
14 posters

Go down

Amir Khan - Time to give up on the US dream and come home !!! Empty Amir Khan - Time to give up on the US dream and come home !!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Jun 2015, 2:48 pm

Apparently less than 2,000 tickets were sold for Khan v Alexander...............The rest were comped .......

Against a New Yorker in Algieri at Madison he couldn't sell........

He fought Petersen in Petersen's backyard in front of less than 3,000...........

Khan v Paulie was at the felt forum....

Something is telling me that there is no great appeal for Amir............and yet he could sell big style over here for loads more money.....

Can't see him getting Mayweather..............Think he wants to stop flogging a dead horse !!...His future is in the UK !!

He ain't a heavy like Lennox Lewis................and he hasn't the charisma, the skin color.... and style of Ricky Hatton...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan - Time to give up on the US dream and come home !!! Empty Re: Amir Khan - Time to give up on the US dream and come home !!!

Post by Scottrf Wed 03 Jun 2015, 2:50 pm

Americans just aren't great boxing fans, they only turn up for 2 boxers.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan - Time to give up on the US dream and come home !!! Empty Re: Amir Khan - Time to give up on the US dream and come home !!!

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Jun 2015, 3:05 pm

Ufc seems to be the craze over in the states!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 03 Jun 2015, 3:06 pm

That and cars going round in circles (ovals).

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Jun 2015, 3:14 pm

Ufc is very tacky and too much grappling for me.

However the best fights are made because the best are usually under the one promotion. So that doesn't do mma any harm.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 03 Jun 2015, 3:19 pm

I don't follow it, but from what I've heard it's just split into UFC, Strikeforce, gayPride etc and actually some of the best aren't UFC.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Jun 2015, 3:25 pm

I am not a massive follower but I would be lying, if I said I wasn't looking forward to McGregor v Aldo!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 3:46 pm

Take That failed to break it big in America despite silly b!tches fawning over them in droves over here yet One Direction are huge (mind you they did just ditch the Asian guy who was clearly hampering album/ticket/merch sales...coincidence?), I fail to see the difference really...just two shades of the same sh!te really but there's no accounting for taste (Sh!te? Taste? Euughhh!)

Khan struggles to raise an eyebrow in the US despite spending all day reading this forum (when he's not sending women pictures of his c*ck) and listening to TRUSS say that America's were it's at. Now Amir's Svengali is telling him to come home. It's no wonder the lad's confused. Fight Floyd, don't fight Floyd, stay, go, sh!t, bust, stick, twist but come to the Oyster on Tuesdays.

Poor kid!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Wed 03 Jun 2015, 3:51 pm

Scottrf wrote:That and cars going round in circles (ovals).

Oh god, I'll never understand how they watch that. I remember being in Spokane, Washington (terrible town, don't visit) and a big lady with a mullet tried to strike up a conversation with me about NASCAR, stared at her blindly til I asked 'So, it's like formula 1 is it?'. May have helped if I knew anything about formula 1 or Motorsport at all.

On topic. Yeah, wouldn't mind seeing Amir back on these shores. He's a fighter,I'd pay money to watch. Wouldn't say the same about Kell Brook, feel we've been dealt the poorer cards hanging on to him.

Last edited by Dipper Brown on Wed 03 Jun 2015, 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : SPaG)

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 03 Jun 2015, 3:54 pm

Well like everyone else I'd like to see him touch base back in the UK for a Brook fight, at least. Outside of that I suspect that his ties with Al Haymon and Virgil Hunter will give him enough reasons to stay across the pond for the most part.

Whether you'd agree with him or not is another matter, but I don't think Khan has ever felt fully appreciated in the UK and as a result maybe feels he doesn't need to entertain fans amongst whom he isn't all that popular given the choice. The attendances for his fights might be low but I think he's very much caught up in the historical stronghold of the USA over big time boxing throughout history and it gives his ego a nice stroke to think that he's fighting on the same patch as more past and current greats than he'd be if he were doing his thing back over here. He prides himself on being a big name, after all.

All being well Mayweather's opponent for September will be confirmed at some point this month. If it turns out to be Khan then he'll be pretty much justified in the path he's chosen, if not then more people will be posing similar questions to him about how much more he realistically gains by staying over in the States and whether or not it might be to his detriment in the long run.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Jun 2015, 3:55 pm

To be honest Khan or his team don't fancy the job against Brook and that's the bottom line.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:02 pm

AdamT wrote:To be honest Khan or his team don't fancy the job against Brook and that's the bottom line.

Yeah, I'm sure the possibility of a Mayweather fight has absolutely nowt to do with it.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:03 pm

Brook would finish Amir off while Floyd just schools him. I don't blame him for trying to hold out for the bigger payday and less damaging fight (physically and to his rep).

But lets be clear, he has not intention of fighting Brook, NONE.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:07 pm

Would Khan really be making that much more cash if he came home? Apart from the Brook fight what else is there for him in England?

I'm not his biggest fan by any means, but I have no problem with the route he has chosen. Even though he may not be selling out stadiums in the U.S. I'm sure he still earning decent paydays due to T.V. money.

It took Brook 10 years to win a title, but now apparently it's Khan who is the one wasting good years fighting in the States??

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:11 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
AdamT wrote:To be honest Khan or his team don't fancy the job against Brook and that's the bottom line.

Yeah, I'm sure the possibility of a Mayweather fight has absolutely nowt to do with it.

Not like you to be sarcastic!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:13 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Take That failed to break it big in America despite silly b!tches fawning over them in droves over here yet One Direction are huge (mind you they did just ditch the Asian guy who was clearly hampering album/ticket/merch sales...coincidence?), I fail to see the difference really...just two shades of the same sh!te really but there's no accounting for taste (Sh!te? Taste? Euughhh!)

Khan struggles to raise an eyebrow in the US despite spending all day reading this forum (when he's not sending women pictures of his c*ck) and listening to TRUSS say that America's were it's at. Now Amir's Svengali is telling him to come home. It's no wonder the lad's confused. Fight Floyd, don't fight Floyd, stay, go, sh!t, bust, stick, twist but come to the Oyster on Tuesdays.

Poor kid!!!!!

So little English in that post....Berlusconi would be proud of it...

Always picked Khan to beat Brook..But over the last few fights Brook has impressed and Khan has stood still..

Leaning towards Kell now...

Shame it isn't being made..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:16 pm

AdamT wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

Also, not like Chris to make such a short post. Very Happy

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:17 pm

Atila wrote:
AdamT wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

Also, not like Chris to make such a short post. Very Happy

Doubt somebody is logged in his account, first time I ever finished one of his posts before bed time.

Sorry Chris, only winding xx

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:23 pm

Great thread

Khan has thumbed his nose at the UK since getting sparked in 60 secs by Columbia's second greatest export Prescott.

He left and avoided testing domestic showdowns with fighters like Murry. The fame has gone to his head since then. He recently stated that Mayweather will never be considered a legend of the sport because he does not have the resume of a SRL. Obviously Khan is talking rubbish but the scary thing is that he believes it.

I hope he does not get the Mayweather fight because that would force him to face the likes of Brook or Thurman.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:25 pm

Khan is too stupid to duck...

But I can't see him making more money for Mayweather....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:27 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Khan is too stupid to duck...

But I can't see him making more money for Mayweather....

He recently stated that he brings more to the table then any other fighter would for Mayweather because he would have the support of the UK and the Muslim population world wide and he saud he wants the fight at Wembly and he promised this.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:30 pm

So all Muslims like Khan do they ??

Almost as patronising as Clinton saying all black people would support Obama..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:32 pm

Was Clinton wrong? The amount of interviews I saw where his skin colour was the only reason for their vote...

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:35 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:So all Muslims like Khan do they ??

Almost as patronising as Clinton saying all black people would  support Obama..

Not my words mate

Khan is desperate for this fight so will make any outlandish claim he likes.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:36 pm

According to Jonny Nelson he's 'too risky' and 'too fast' for Floyd....... Laugh

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:37 pm

This is one of those instances where I feel a bit for Amir and British fighters in general. If you ignore the states and fight pretty much exclusively in the UK this is hardly a career choice which sees you lavished with praise as I am sure Calzaghe will be only too quick to attest to. However base yourself in the states and you get criticism for ignoring the fans who got you there etc (not directed at the OP by the way, just criticism often directed in general)

I don’t know whether Khan will get the Mayweather fight, but what I can say with something approaching certainty is if he had not based significant parts of his career over the last few years in the states is he would almost certainly not get it. As such I view the last few years as a calculated gamble, whether it pays off remains to be seen, but I will never criticise anyone too greatly for doing what he thinks is necessary to find himself in the ring with the best in the world, which is what Amir seems to be doing to my mind.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:39 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:But lets be clear, he has not intention of fighting Brook, NONE.

If Khan doesn't get the Mayweather gig and we're sat here in twelve months with nary a Khan-Brook fight in sight, I'll hold my hands up and agree with that, Soldier. But there's no way I'm going to make that kind of statement about Khan at the moment.

The situation reminds me of when Bradley was apparently running scared of Khan back in 2011. Bradley was pretty open in saying that, at that point, although they were a clear number one and two at Light-Welter and they needed each other for one of them to become the unequivocal number one, it'd have been daft and unnecessarily risky for him to fight Khan at that precise stage because he was in a strong position to be Pacquiao's next opponent. An opportunity which would likely have disappeared if he'd lost in the meantime.

More money, more exposure, more to gain from winning, less to lose from losing and on top of all that, a clearly better fighter than Khan, too. Bradley got the Pacquiao fight and is anyone seriously going to take exception to him targetting Manny over Khan at that point, or argue that it didn't make sense or that he was clearly terrified of Khan? I'd have liked to have seen Khan-Bradley in 2011, don't get me wrong, and it was perfectly understandable that Khan was miffed with being ignored, but if we're being realistic I think you'd be hard pressed to slate Bradley for that one. "Yeah, he ducked Khan because he wanted to fight that bum Pacquiao." Doesn't really work.

Similarly, Khan has obviously had things dangled in front of him (if not guaranteed) with regards to a Mayweather fight in the last eighteen months or so - we all know this. A lot of people don't feel he deserves it, but that's by the by - he's naturally not going to give a flying one if people think he deserves it or not when it's a chance to fight the biggest and best name in boxing. And it's a tougher fight than Brook too, let's not be under any illusions about that. Yep, like Bradley when he faced his Khan or Manny conundrum, there is the 'nothing (or less) to lose' angle which makes it easier for people to be cynical, but the money, profile and the massive significance of possibly winning on offer more than make up for that.

And with all that on offer, he's supposed to be champing at the bit to fight Brook instead?

Yep, in an ideal world Bradley would have taken care of Khan and then gone on to Manny, just as ideally Khan would beat Brook and then take on Floyd if the opportunity was there. But we're not in an ideal world and going by the standards that most sane individuals keep, I'd have a hard time believing anyone who says that, if they were Khan, they wouldn't be prioritising Mayweather over Brook right now. A run of Dan, Gavin and Rios (if confirmed) doesn't particularly suggest that team Brook aren't carefully weighing up risk while playing the long game themselves, either.

Besides, Brook didn't even make himself a really worthwhile name until he picked up his title against Porter last August. He then unfortunately is out for the remainder of 2014 with the stabbing. Once back, he has to take care of a mandatory. Within a fortnight of that, the Gavin fight is signed, aroundabout the same time Khan-Algieri is confirmed. Within a day of the Gavin fight taking place, we're hearing that Brook-Rios is likely.

Not exactly a massive window where the fight should have happened or was clearly the one to make for all parties involved, ala Mayweather-Pacquiao.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:40 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Take That failed to break it big in America despite silly b!tches fawning over them in droves over here yet One Direction are huge (mind you they did just ditch the Asian guy who was clearly hampering album/ticket/merch sales...coincidence?), I fail to see the difference really...just two shades of the same sh!te really but there's no accounting for taste (Sh!te? Taste? Euughhh!)

Poor kid!!!!!

So little English in that post....Berlusconi would be proud of it...

Always picked Khan to beat Brook..But over the last few fights Brook has impressed and Khan has stood still..

Leaning towards Kell now...

Shame it isn't being made..
Makes perfect sense lad, it's heartfelt and honest whilst also making fun of both you and Amir for waggling your c*cks around.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:43 pm

Rowley wrote:This is one of those instances where I feel a bit for Amir and British fighters in general. If you ignore the states and fight pretty much exclusively in the UK this is hardly a career choice which sees you lavished with praise as I am sure Calzaghe will be only too quick to attest to. However base yourself in the states and you get criticism for ignoring the fans who got you there etc (not directed at the OP by the way, just criticism often directed in general)

I don’t know whether Khan will get the Mayweather fight, but what I can say with something approaching certainty is if he had not based significant parts of his career over the last few years in the states is he would almost certainly not get it. As such I view the last few years as a calculated gamble, whether it pays off remains to be seen, but I will never criticise anyone too greatly for doing what he thinks is necessary to find himself in the ring with the best in the world, which is what Amir seems to be doing to my mind.

How about winning the respect of boxing fans the world over who would rather see you face and beat names like Thurman and Brook instead of picking a boxing novice like Algieri and singing Mayweather's name ALL DAY EVERYDAY.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:43 pm

Calzaghe showed that you can be an ATG without cracking America...

Think Khan thinks beating Floyd will make him huge...I'm not sure..

Lewis beat Holy twice and Mike and was still a hard sell !!

And he had the advantage of being a heavy..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:48 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Rowley wrote:This is one of those instances where I feel a bit for Amir and British fighters in general. If you ignore the states and fight pretty much exclusively in the UK this is hardly a career choice which sees you lavished with praise as I am sure Calzaghe will be only too quick to attest to. However base yourself in the states and you get criticism for ignoring the fans who got you there etc (not directed at the OP by the way, just criticism often directed in general)

How about winning the respect of boxing fans the world over who would rather see you face and beat names like Thurman and Brook instead of picking a boxing novice like Algieri and singing Mayweather's name ALL DAY EVERYDAY.

When Floyd first moved to welter he took on Judah and Baldomir. Did he do this because they were the best the division had to offer at the time or because he had  the DLH pot of gold  just round the corner. It is the latter, no criticism meant in that on my part, perfectly smart business on his part. Khan is doing the exact same. He believes he is on the cusp of the Mayweather fight and is not trying to screw that up, which a loss almost certainly would.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:51 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Calzaghe showed that you can be an ATG without cracking America.....

You think Calzaghe is a consensus all-time great or widely seen as such across the board, beefster? From what I've seen, while he has his supporters to back up the claim, not everyone is convinced. I know I'm not.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:52 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Calzaghe showed that you can be an ATG without cracking America.....

You think Calzaghe is a consensus all-time great or widely seen as such across the board, beefster? From what I've seen, while he has his supporters to back up the claim, not everyone is convinced. I know I'm not.

He forgets CEEJ in a hurry Chris, he made you look like Steffan when it come to Joe!

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:54 pm

The longer Khan waits...the better Brook gets....

A Mayweather defeat probably won't hurt the fight....

Think next year will suit Brook more than Khan..

The fight will happen....Just a matter of when..

Calzaghe is an ATG in my eyes..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:55 pm

Rowley wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

When Floyd first moved to welter he took on Judah and Baldomir. Did he do this because they were the best the division had to offer at the time or because he had  the DLH pot of gold  just round the corner. It is the latter, no criticism meant in that on my part, perfectly smart business on his part. Khan is doing the exact same. He believes he is on the cusp of the Mayweather fight and is not trying to screw that up, which a loss almost certainly would.

TOTALLY DISAGREE

BIG TIME!

Mayweather took on Judah before ODLH and you turn you're nose up at this. Judah was a very quick, very skilled, SOUTHPAW who gave Mayweather all sorts of problems in the first half of that fight. Mayweather regrouped and boxed his ears off. You cannot compare Judah to Algieri NEVER!

Baldimor? I f you cast your minds back Carlos Baldimor was a teek tough Argentinian who would have made mince meat of Collazo, Alexander and Algeiri.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:58 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote: You cannot compare Judah to Algieri NEVER!

I didn't but not to worry. I appreciate as my post was nearly three lines there was a lot to take in.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 5:01 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Calzaghe showed that you can be an ATG without cracking America...

Think Khan thinks beating Floyd will make him huge...I'm not sure..

Lewis beat Holy twice and Mike and was still a hard sell !!

And he had the advantage of being a heavy..
Think there's still a few question marks of Calzaghe's ATG status worldwide though. Basically there's only Steffan who had Calzaghe nailed on as an unconditional ATG whilst the majority question it due to his lack of desire to truly test himself against the best available especially when citing p!ss poor excuses like "I don't like flying on planes"....w*nker!

Calzaghe may very well have come up short against the likes of RJJ at LH but I doubt he'd have been embarrassed, such was his ability and I even think he'd have given an excellent account of himself (I also think Calzaghe without the hand trouble flattens enough fighters for his stock to be considerably higher.) Let's have it right, it wasn't until the Lacy fight that JC came to the attention of the USA having burst the bubble of their latest next-big-thing. Had Lacy been called Lacewicz from Eastern Europe, would America have taken much notice? Even with SRL's "endorsement", Calzaghe's lack of personality nearly crippled his attempt to make it big in America. If ever a man needed PR training it's Joe.

As for Lewis, he had more safety first fights than FOTY contenders which meant it was easy for him to slip under the radar.

Khan's been in a fair few FOTY contenders but he does seems to fail to connect with the public wherever he goes. The fabled Khan Army seems as though it would be outnumbered by The Salvation Army. He's basically James Degale...nothing inherently wrong with them (given some of the tw*ts walking around today) but they've both failed to rein in their seemingly natural inclination to say something stupid at precisely the wrong time.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Jun 2015, 5:03 pm

I use the Eusebio Pedrosa formula.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 03 Jun 2015, 5:11 pm

How well known would JC be if he hadn't gone to the States to beat Hoppo & RJJ though??!

Think Lewis is more of an ATG than JC.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 5:15 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:How well known would JC be if he hadn't gone to the States to beat Hoppo & RJJ though??!

Think Lewis is more of an ATG than JC.
I reckon there'd be at least seventeen less people who knew his name.

You ask about Calzaghe on any street in America, chances are they'll think you're talking about pizza. That partly due to the fact the fat f*cks LOVE pizza, but it's also about Calzaghe being unremarkable as a person (but mainly it's about fatties eating pizza)

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed 03 Jun 2015, 8:01 pm

For those that dislike Khan for fighting in the States and chasing a Mayweather fight, did you also dislike Hatton for chasing a Mayweather fight rather than fight Witter?

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 03 Jun 2015, 8:08 pm

Atila wrote:For those that dislike Khan for fighting in the States and chasing a Mayweather fight, did you also dislike Hatton for chasing a Mayweather fight rather than fight Witter?
Hatton was a lot more high profile than Khan, as Bob Arum stated Khan just isn't big in the US, a fight with Mayweather just won't generate the interest state side, it just wont sell, if it was in this country then yes but it isn't going to happen.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Jun 2015, 8:10 pm

Not sure Witter-Hatton was a hugely anticipated clash....

But I do think Hatton should of fought him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:05 pm

He gets 1million+ for every fight in the states. He's not on ppv, doesn't need to sell out football stadiums and is the current favourite for a fight with mayweather. 
I agree he should fight brook in Britain, but apart from that, why again should he be coming home?

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:23 pm

Unless you have a direct line to Floyd...Not sure how you know he's favorite.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:26 pm

The U.S has been great for Khan. Hes got fights he would probably never have got by staying in the Uk and has been represented by the most connected people in boxing and has had access to two of the most regarded current trainers around to develop him. Only a fight with Brook would be worth returning for.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:36 pm

Losing to mayweather doesn't negatively impact anyone's sellability. Brook will still be there for khan. It's lunacy for him to fight brook if he believes a mayweather fight is in the offing. If. He's hung around for a long time.

Hatton witter was anticipated on these shores among boxing fans.

Mayweather wasn't the golden goose he is now so I wouldn't say Hatton engineered a mayweather fight... But he certainly built a risk free resume by (after Tszyu) picking off the weak, the old and the lucky... By which time the floyd fight was boiling up nicely. Khan at least fought some guys who could fight AND were close to prime,

Both khan and hatton are a case of assets being managed to maximise return.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down