The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cyclone Promotions Press Release

+13
AdamT
Derbymanc
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Strongback
AlexHuckerby
Coxy001
Herman Jaeger
Rodney
catchweight
mikeymax71
Rowley
Hammersmith harrier
hampo17
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by hampo17 Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Cyclone Promotions are proud to announce that Carl Frampton will make the second defence of his IBF World Title against Alejandro Gonzalez Jr. on July 18th at the Don Haskins Center in El Paso, Texas, USA.

Frampton vs Gonzalez Jr. will be the main event on this CBS broadcast as part of the Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) series that will go out live coast to coast in the USA.

Cyclone Promotions are in exclusive discussions with a UK broadcaster who will showcase this exciting second title defence of Frampton live on July 18th. There will be further details on this to come.

Undefeated Frampton, 20 (14) – 0, is already an established star in the UK and Ireland and has recently signed an advisory agreement with Al Haymon. The Gonzalez Jr. fight will be Frampton’s first bout in the USA and he is set to be seen by millions of viewers in America as the headliner of this CBS terrestrial television show.

Alejandro Gonzalez Jr., 25 (15) – 1 – 2, is one of the brightest up and coming boxers in Mexico. The twenty-two year old Tijuana native follows in the footsteps of his famous father Alejandro Gonzalez Sr. when he challenges for the World title in Texas on the 18th of July. Gonzalez Sr. famously dethroned WBC Featherweight Champion Kevin Kelley in San Antonio, Texas in 1995 to become champion of the world. The tall and dangerous Gonzalez Jr., ranked 13th with the IBF, will have the majority of the support in El Paso for his first World Title challenge.

Belfast’s Carl Frampton is one of the hottest talents in world boxing and has thrilled fans in the UK with his explosive performances as the IBF World Super Bantamweight champion. Frampton won the World Title in Belfast in September 2014 in front of 16,000 ecstatic home fans. His first defence against the USA’s Chris Avalos attracted a terrestrial television audience of over two million viewers in the UK and Ireland.

Texas’ undefeated Jermall Charlo challenges IBF World Light Middleweight champion Cornelius “K-9” Bundrage on the undercard of Frampton vs Gonzalez Jr. This exciting World Title fight represents the biggest challenge to date for the undefeated Texan Charlo, 21 (16) – 0.

IBF Super Bantamweight king Carl Frampton said, “I am delighted to be defending my title in the USA on July 18th live on CBS against Alejandro Gonzalez Jr. I want to become a star in the USA and this is my first step on that journey. Now that my team is working with Al Haymon I am set to defend my title in front of millions of US fight fans on CBS. Alejandro Gonzalez Jr. is a dangerous Mexican challenger but he has never fought anyone like me and on the 18th of July he is in for a big, big shock. I feel I am the best Super Bantamweight in the world and I am excited to box in front of a huge television audience in the USA.”

Frampton’s manager Barry McGuigan said, “This is fantastic news for Carl Frampton. He is defending his title live on CBS in the USA and I believe Carl’s all action style will captivate the US fight fans. Frampton has all the ingredients needed to become a major star in the USA; he is an exceptional fighter with a brilliant personality who has a fanatical fan base in the UK. Alejandro Gonzalez Jr. is a hungry and dangerous young Mexican boxer who will be travelling to El Paso, Texas to rip that belt from Frampton. This is going to be a cracking fight.”

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9108
Join date : 2011-02-24
Age : 36

Back to top Go down


Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by RanjitPatel Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:54 am

Quigg got crap for Martinez?
Undeserved in my book. Cracking match up and Quigg will have all the way to go to win that one.

You all know very well that this is a fight to showcase Frampton to the American public. This may be his first Quiggesque opponent in his career so the vitriol is a little unfounded.

RanjitPatel

Posts : 692
Join date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:04 am

Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:McGuigan will want to run with ITV.  Scheduling might rule them out.

Scheduling, and the fact they'll know nobody is going to give a fook about such a sh!tty fight.


There were plenty of sh!tty fights on ITV in the past, it's about building a brand.

Carl/Baz wanting to build his brand still does not explain or justify why ITV would be interested in offering a prime-time slot for this though, does it?!?

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 40
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:07 am

Strongback wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:McGuigan will want to run with ITV.  Scheduling might rule them out.

Scheduling, and the fact they'll know nobody is going to give a fook about such a sh!tty fight.


There were plenty of sh!tty fights on ITV in the past, it's about building a brand.

This one takes the cookie though. You're on your own thinking this is anything above a pointless fight, ergo you're a biased tool.

Knocks out some cab driver and it's hardly going to cause a stir in 'wow this guy did that to that big name threat?'.

ITV probably won't even bother with it and he'll end up not even being shown over here!!!


Scott Quigg's crap "title" fights get broadcast in the UK, why not Frampton's?


On primetime terrestrial television??

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 40
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by Derbymanc Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:30 am

I disagree Ranjit, if your going to state your the no.1 of the division etc then you need the opponents to show that. Doubly so if you blow off a massive fight with one of your rivals and then state you'll fight someone better.

Quigg/Martinez is a good match up for Quigg because of his last few opponents, hopefully it's the start of him stepping up each time (I can't see how you can get better and not stagnate if you constantly fight at a level below.)

I suppose we'll see more with Frampton with his next opponent and hopefully this is a stepping stone to get him a bit of exposure in the states before stepping in with LSC/Rigo to cement his position.

Derbymanc

Posts : 4008
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by RanjitPatel Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:14 am

I think that's exactly what it is Derby. All about exposure. Agree with your point that going for this opponent after the bigger and better inference but, as I said, the exposure here should give him more bargaining power for his next fight against a big name.

RanjitPatel

Posts : 692
Join date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:45 am

It's not about exposure it's about Mcguigan milking the kid !!.

We are talking about a guy who complained that Stevie cruz was a risky move at 6pm at night in the desert............and he was mismanaged.

$1.5 million for a 122 pounder................In a fight where he starts a big favorite ?? Rolling Eyes

If he won't take that what will he take ??

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40506
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:47 am

Admittedly none of us know what else was attached to that £1.5m offer....

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 40
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:00 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Admittedly none of us know what else was attached to that £1.5m offer....

Far as I'm aware Mcguigan hasn't moaned about options..

The problem is the ego of Miss Quiggle..............He's got a market for the kid against any old stiff...and he knows it.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40506
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:08 pm

Thought he'd complained about some co-promotional elements to it? Don't know what else was there as Baz never seemed to really entertain it.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 40
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:13 pm

You're sticking up for Frampton/Mcguigan.....

Yet everybody that's supposedly turned GGG down is a coward according to you......


Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40506
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by Derbymanc Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:24 pm

It was the promotional side of it Baz was moaning about, at which point Ed said he'd stick Cyclones name everywhere, they also wanted a gaurantee of 1.5mil and another gaurantee of percentage of PPV sales.

Bit daft but if he can get his profile up in America then it might be a bigger fight later down the line (although can't see him getting 1.5mil again)

Derbymanc

Posts : 4008
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:37 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're sticking up for Frampton/Mcguigan.....

Yet everybody that's supposedly turned GGG down is a coward according to you......

No, I'm not (if you'd read any of my posts you'd see that), I'm being balanced.....understand how that's an alien concept to you.

I think Framps was nuts to turn down £1.5m, providing there were no onerous caveats, however none of us know the latter point.....

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 40
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by RanjitPatel Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:47 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's not about exposure it's about Mcguigan milking the kid !!.

We are talking about a guy who complained that Stevie cruz was a risky move at 6pm at night in the desert............and he was mismanaged.

$1.5 million for a 122 pounder................In a fight where he starts a big favorite ?? Rolling Eyes

If he won't take that what will he take ??

It's about exposure, nothing to do with milk.

RanjitPatel

Posts : 692
Join date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by RanjitPatel Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:51 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're sticking up for Frampton/Mcguigan.....

Yet everybody that's supposedly turned GGG down is a coward according to you......

No, I'm not (if you'd read any of my posts you'd see that), I'm being balanced.....understand how that's an alien concept to you.

I think Framps was nuts to turn down £1.5m, providing there were no onerous caveats, however none of us know the latter point.....

Exactly Tophat and most rational people will have thought the whole while that it's crazy to turn down 1.5 million unless there were things attached to it that that Framptons team didn't like or not attached like a percentage of ppv. If it's not the case then fair enough but it's fairly obvious that it is.

RanjitPatel

Posts : 692
Join date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by Coxy001 Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:53 pm

RanjitPatel wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're sticking up for Frampton/Mcguigan.....

Yet everybody that's supposedly turned GGG down is a coward according to you......

No, I'm not (if you'd read any of my posts you'd see that), I'm being balanced.....understand how that's an alien concept to you.

I think Framps was nuts to turn down £1.5m, providing there were no onerous caveats, however none of us know the latter point.....

Exactly Tophat and most rational people will have thought the whole while that it's crazy to turn down 1.5 million unless there were things attached to it that that Framptons team didn't like or not attached like a percentage of ppv. If it's not the case then fair enough but it's fairly obvious that it is.

They would usually make such things public as a way of belittling Matchroom.

As it is they've said nada.

God I hope this random Mexican spanks Frampton around sideways. Hopefully Frampton will then ask Barry "Why was it we turned down £1.5m again" of which Barry's only reply is "because I wanted to relive my career through yours and I didn't box on PPV".

Frampton then joins Matchroom and Strongy gets admitted to a mental hospital with the worlds biggest nervous breakdown. Happy days all round.

Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:47 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're sticking up for Frampton/Mcguigan.....

Yet everybody that's supposedly turned GGG down is a coward according to you......

No, I'm not (if you'd read any of my posts you'd see that), I'm being balanced.....understand how that's an alien concept to you.

I think Framps was nuts to turn down £1.5m, providing there were no onerous caveats, however none of us know the latter point.....

ok.... Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40506
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:49 pm

Coxy001 wrote:
RanjitPatel wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're sticking up for Frampton/Mcguigan.....

Yet everybody that's supposedly turned GGG down is a coward according to you......

No, I'm not (if you'd read any of my posts you'd see that), I'm being balanced.....understand how that's an alien concept to you.

I think Framps was nuts to turn down £1.5m, providing there were no onerous caveats, however none of us know the latter point.....

Exactly Tophat and most rational people will have thought the whole while that it's crazy to turn down 1.5 million unless there were things attached to it that that Framptons team didn't like or not attached like a percentage of ppv. If it's not the case then fair enough but it's fairly obvious that it is.

They would usually make such things public as a way of belittling Matchroom.

As it is they've said nada.

God I hope this random Mexican spanks Frampton around sideways. Hopefully Frampton will then ask Barry "Why was it we turned down £1.5m again" of which Barry's only reply is "because I wanted to relive my career through yours and I didn't box on PPV".

Frampton then joins Matchroom and Strongy gets admitted to a mental hospital with the worlds biggest nervous breakdown. Happy days all round.

Apparently Cotto and Alvarez are cowards without anybody seeing the deals offered to them by team GGG... but we shouldn't judge Frampton before we've seen the deal offered to them by team Quigg !!! Laugh thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40506
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:54 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're sticking up for Frampton/Mcguigan.....

Yet everybody that's supposedly turned GGG down is a coward according to you......

No, I'm not (if you'd read any of my posts you'd see that), I'm being balanced.....understand how that's an alien concept to you.

I think Framps was nuts to turn down £1.5m, providing there were no onerous caveats, however none of us know the latter point.....

ok.... Rolling Eyes

Can you correct anything I've written?

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 40
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:55 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
RanjitPatel wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're sticking up for Frampton/Mcguigan.....

Yet everybody that's supposedly turned GGG down is a coward according to you......

No, I'm not (if you'd read any of my posts you'd see that), I'm being balanced.....understand how that's an alien concept to you.

I think Framps was nuts to turn down £1.5m, providing there were no onerous caveats, however none of us know the latter point.....

Exactly Tophat and most rational people will have thought the whole while that it's crazy to turn down 1.5 million unless there were things attached to it that that Framptons team didn't like or not attached like a percentage of ppv. If it's not the case then fair enough but it's fairly obvious that it is.

They would usually make such things public as a way of belittling Matchroom.

As it is they've said nada.

God I hope this random Mexican spanks Frampton around sideways. Hopefully Frampton will then ask Barry "Why was it we turned down £1.5m again" of which Barry's only reply is "because I wanted to relive my career through yours and I didn't box on PPV".

Frampton then joins Matchroom and Strongy gets admitted to a mental hospital with the worlds biggest nervous breakdown. Happy days all round.

Apparently Cotto and Alvarez are cowards without anybody seeing the deals offered to them by team GGG... but we shouldn't judge Frampton before we've seen the deal offered to them by team Quigg !!! Laugh thumbsup

Have Cotto and Alvarez both stated their desire to fight GGG?? Must've missed that........ Rolling Eyes

Must also have missed the bit when they were stood in the ring together post right and talked about how much they wanted to get the deal done...... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 40
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:58 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
RanjitPatel wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're sticking up for Frampton/Mcguigan.....

Yet everybody that's supposedly turned GGG down is a coward according to you......

No, I'm not (if you'd read any of my posts you'd see that), I'm being balanced.....understand how that's an alien concept to you.

I think Framps was nuts to turn down £1.5m, providing there were no onerous caveats, however none of us know the latter point.....

Exactly Tophat and most rational people will have thought the whole while that it's crazy to turn down 1.5 million unless there were things attached to it that that Framptons team didn't like or not attached like a percentage of ppv. If it's not the case then fair enough but it's fairly obvious that it is.

They would usually make such things public as a way of belittling Matchroom.

As it is they've said nada.

God I hope this random Mexican spanks Frampton around sideways. Hopefully Frampton will then ask Barry "Why was it we turned down £1.5m again" of which Barry's only reply is "because I wanted to relive my career through yours and I didn't box on PPV".

Frampton then joins Matchroom and Strongy gets admitted to a mental hospital with the worlds biggest nervous breakdown. Happy days all round.

Apparently Cotto and Alvarez are cowards without anybody seeing the deals offered to them by team GGG... but we shouldn't judge Frampton before we've seen the deal offered to them by team Quigg !!! Laugh thumbsup

Have Cotto and Alvarez both stated their desire to fight GGG?? Must've missed that........ Rolling Eyes

Is that relevant ??.........

Not trying to change the argument again are we...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40506
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:51 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
RanjitPatel wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're sticking up for Frampton/Mcguigan.....

Yet everybody that's supposedly turned GGG down is a coward according to you......

No, I'm not (if you'd read any of my posts you'd see that), I'm being balanced.....understand how that's an alien concept to you.

I think Framps was nuts to turn down £1.5m, providing there were no onerous caveats, however none of us know the latter point.....

Exactly Tophat and most rational people will have thought the whole while that it's crazy to turn down 1.5 million unless there were things attached to it that that Framptons team didn't like or not attached like a percentage of ppv. If it's not the case then fair enough but it's fairly obvious that it is.

They would usually make such things public as a way of belittling Matchroom.

As it is they've said nada.

God I hope this random Mexican spanks Frampton around sideways. Hopefully Frampton will then ask Barry "Why was it we turned down £1.5m again" of which Barry's only reply is "because I wanted to relive my career through yours and I didn't box on PPV".

Frampton then joins Matchroom and Strongy gets admitted to a mental hospital with the worlds biggest nervous breakdown. Happy days all round.

Apparently Cotto and Alvarez are cowards without anybody seeing the deals offered to them by team GGG... but we shouldn't judge Frampton before we've seen the deal offered to them by team Quigg !!! Laugh thumbsup

Have Cotto and Alvarez both stated their desire to fight GGG?? Must've missed that........ Rolling Eyes

Is that relevant ??.........

Not trying to change the argument again are we...

It's entirely relevant when exposing the utterly fallacious nature of your comparison.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 40
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:03 pm

Let's agree to disagree..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40506
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:13 pm

I'll agree that you've misinterpreted, as a generous alternative to you simply being wrong.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 40
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:16 pm

Whatever you say...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40506
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum