The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye Wants Joshua At Wembley

+9
dangerous_mouse
ONETWOFOREVER
Dipper Brown
rob-glos
captain carrantuohil
TRUSSMAN66
Strongback
kingraf
hampo17
13 posters

Go down

Haye Wants Joshua At Wembley Empty Haye Wants Joshua At Wembley

Post by hampo17 Fri 12 Jun 2015, 2:54 pm

At least according to the Sky Sports website he does anyway. Should this fight come off, who would you be backing at the moment?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Haye Wants Joshua At Wembley Empty Re: Haye Wants Joshua At Wembley

Post by kingraf Fri 12 Jun 2015, 3:00 pm

You'd have to back Joshua. Haye hasn't fought in three years. Has a shoulder that hasn't been ring tested since his surgery. Joshua may or may not have stamina issues, but Haye is no road runner, and at 35, with his inactivity you'd think his stamina probably isn't as good anymore in any case.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 12 Jun 2015, 3:00 pm

Joshua

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 12 Jun 2015, 3:02 pm

Who'd buy a ticket for this...............

1. He'd probably have an injury a week before...........

2. If he crapped his pants over the mauling Wlad................He'd stink twice as much against this guy....

Haye is looking for cheap publicity me thinks...........I guess his version of "Macbeth" hasn't sold as many tickets as he wanted..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jun 2015, 3:04 pm

Haye.................

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jun 2015, 3:05 pm

...................to pull out 7 days before!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 12 Jun 2015, 3:07 pm

sohotnot wrote:...................to pull out 7 days before!

Laugh thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Fri 12 Jun 2015, 6:50 pm

Eventually the right stone is turned over and look what we've found crawling out from under it.

I suppose that we have to insert the caveat that for now, this is speculation on the part of Sky Sports (who might be in line to show the fight if it were to come off, comes the cynical thought) but in our heart of hearts, can we doubt that boxing's own answer to Scrooge McDuck has fired the first shot in his latest quest for publicity, cash, er...cash and publicity? Truly a fighter for the ages; how we ever failed to believe that Haye would indeed prove to be the saviour of heavyweight boxing is beyond me.

My earnest hope is that not only will Joshua and his camp rebuff Haye's oh-so-altruistic offer but that they will simply ignore him altogether. No more cheap PR for the odious gobsheen - let him be treated as one should deal with the claims of a "fighter" who has condescended to climb between the ropes all of once in the past four years and has pulled out of his last two engagements.

Let the deafening shrug of indifference be Haye's richly deserved epitaph.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Fri 12 Jun 2015, 7:05 pm

I'm sick and tired of Haye comeback stories....

But I'd be far more interested to see this than Chisnorer, Price, Fury, Dillian White etc...

However.... Haye would need at least 2 warm ups and given his hectic fight schedule Joshua would have retired by then.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 12 Jun 2015, 7:10 pm

As we all know Haye is just trying to keep his name relevant. Non starter as a fight.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 12 Jun 2015, 7:15 pm

Yeah I read this and thought meh!

Typical Haye talking himself back on the scene instead of going out there and earning it. He needs to face lower level opponents to get back in position at a title shot. His head is too big and I can't see him fighting on Lee Selby undercards so he has picked Joshua as a meal ticket back into the spot light.

That is if you believe Haye is being honest with this challange. I feel Haye is going to use his celebrity status to make a fight happen at Wembly, loose and put some more millions in the bank.

IGNORE HIM.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by dangerous_mouse Sat 13 Jun 2015, 2:06 am

Never known why or how even, so many people get excited about a haye come back story. What am i missing? To me he's a fraud and never put stock into his new big claims.

dangerous_mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 13 Jun 2015, 8:46 am

captain carrantuohil wrote:Eventually the right stone is turned over and look what we've found crawling out from under it.

I suppose that we have to insert the caveat that for now, this is speculation on the part of Sky Sports (who might be in line to show the fight if it were to come off, comes the cynical thought) but in our heart of hearts, can we doubt that boxing's own answer to Scrooge McDuck has fired the first shot in his latest quest for publicity, cash, er...cash and publicity? Truly a fighter for the ages; how we ever failed to believe that Haye would indeed prove to be the saviour of heavyweight boxing is beyond me.

My earnest hope is that not only will Joshua and his camp rebuff Haye's oh-so-altruistic offer but that they will simply ignore him altogether. No more cheap PR for the odious gobsheen - let him be treated as one should deal with the claims of a "fighter" who has condescended to climb between the ropes all of once in the past four years and has pulled out of his last two engagements.

Let the deafening shrug of indifference be Haye's richly deserved epitaph.

So just for my own understanding Captain, you will or won't be buying a ticket?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Sat 13 Jun 2015, 10:14 am

Haye boma ye

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Sat 13 Jun 2015, 10:59 am

That'll be the day, Ranjit. He'll have to get into the ring first before he "boma ye"s anyone. Then he'll have to throw slightly more than a dozen punches per round. It'll probably have to be a full moon on February 29th as well. Let's file that in the cabinet marked "unlikely", shall we?

Every raffle needs its booby prize, Jeff, and if someone were to donate a ticket to our local fete, I dare say that it wouldn't be refused. Lacking the requisite public-spiritedness as I do, I fear that someone else will need to stump up the £1.50 which is surely all that the heavyweights' Great Redeemer will be asking to watch him go to "work".

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 13 Jun 2015, 1:49 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:As we all know Haye is just trying to keep his name relevant.

Do you think he may one day come to the realisation that maybe fighting would achieve this objective?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 13 Jun 2015, 2:30 pm

I liked Haye when he was an active boxer (many years ago) but he has to the realisation now that British boxing has a new Heavyweight saviour and one who on first viewing will give it a real go when he gets the chance. It's a fight that will never happen and it's annoying when retired boxers feel a need to stay relevant by using current boxers just like De La Hoya has been doing with GGG.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 13 Jun 2015, 3:09 pm

"Come to wembley where U2 can see the Joshua tree felled in front of a crowded house... Haye now haye now, don't dream it's over."

The idea of haye actually getting his act together to come back to fight Joshua is about as laughable as the idea that Eddie would put joshua in with him,

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sat 13 Jun 2015, 3:14 pm

Rowley wrote:
Dipper Brown wrote:As we all know Haye is just trying to keep his name relevant.

Do you think he may one day come to the realisation that maybe fighting would achieve this objective?

no.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down